• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photonkrios95

As far the storyline goes, I want the same storyline as in Ruby and Sapphire for these games. Also I've heard rumours of Nintendo filing a trademark for Pokemon DeltaEmerald in Japan, so I hope they'll remake all three games with the exact storyline.

SO did you have fun with Water Blue and Grey Verison then?

And they less no more a rumour than the earth rotating around the sun, it actually happened, as did the 2 previously mentioned games.

Nockturne

As far the storyline goes, I want the same storyline as in Ruby and Sapphire for these games. Also I've heard rumours of Nintendo filing a trademark for Pokemon DeltaEmerald in Japan, so I hope they'll remake all three games with the exact storyline.

They trademark the names of third versions all the time (Like Water Blue and Pokemon Grey) but its mainly a business thing. To make sure other companies can't use them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xernoblade

Live long & prosper
They trademark the names of third versions all the time (Like Water Blue and Pokemon Grey) but its mainly a business thing. To make sure other companies can't use them.

Thought you might understand it better when it wasn't explained through the medium of "snarky douche bag trying to be funny"

Ah thanks that does help :)

SO did you have fun with Water Blue and Grey Verison then?

And they less no more a rumour than the earth rotating around the sun, it actually happened, as did the 2 previously mentioned games.
I'm not saying they're confirmed, I'm just saying Nintendo has filed a trademark for it, so who knows?

But back to the topic, here's something I thought of:

How about GF introducing an entirely new weather condition? Gen III was the one that introduced weather after all, and the main trio was based on it too.
I propose the weather condition 'Northern Lights'.
It basically has the same effect as Sun/Rain, but it boosts Dragon and Fairy type attacks.
Considering that Fairy type is pretty important, this could be interesting. It also powers up Dragons, but limits them by powering up Fairies as well.
I'd love to see GF give this to Rayquaza under the ability Aurora Borealis. Yeah, I know Rayquaza is supposed to be the trio master and blocks out all weather effects with Air Lock, but still...plus there can be a move called Solar Wind that brings about this condition. Heck, give Castform a new forme for it (and a Sandstorm forme please, Game Freak, please!).
I understand that there could be compatibility issues when interacting with X/Y, but the same would apply for new Mega evos as well.
Since Gen III brought about weather, it would make sense for GF to do something with weather in its remake.

Also, berries. I want all these new berries to be available in Gen III remakes, since after D/P/Pt, berries have been declining. HGSS made you grow them in your bag, Gen V made you grow them in the Dream World exclusively, and Gen VI only has that one farm where you can grow berries. GF needs to bring back the old system of picking a berry from the tree, then planting the berry in the exact same spot.

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
There is though. Just a few days ago, the official japanese gamefreak Twitter released the official timeline that many fans had guessed so far.

However, I remind you all that the Tower of Mastery and the Mega Lucario statue is hundreds of years old. Mega Evolution itself isn't "new", it is only now being documented.
Actually, that is true about most of the pokemon world. I get the idea that the pokemon world just recently entered "contemporary" world status and only the people from Oak's generation forward started studying pokemon as a serious scientific field. Hell, Pokeballs are only a few decades old as Kurt was the one who invented them and he's like... 60.

In the end, there are tons of stuff that always existed in the pokemon world, but just weren't documented or that widespread/known because Pokemon as a subject didn't exist. The lack of pokeballs also meant that there would be way fewer trainers, meaning less propagation of pokemon from region to region and less wide-spread information about them.

MEga Evolutions already existed in the original RSE. We just didn't know about them

That is true (well, except Kurt didn't invent Poké Balls, he just knew how to make the old kind with Apricorns - apparently Drayden is older than the concept of Poké Balls!).

However, the problem is that these games, assuming them to be canon to the official timeline, occur before XY, and in XY, we are told several times that Mega Evolution is a thing that has only been happening in Kalos, meaning that it has not become widespread around the world by that point. Although I suppose that the issue could be easily fixed by having Steven or Birch give you a Mega Ring, just as a sort of "here, you probably haven't heard of this because it hasn't really gone public yet, but you've proven yourself so we'll give you this Mega Ring to experiment with" kind of thing.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Im just gonna say this, but am I the only person who reckons the mega Lati@s's mega stone will be the Soul Dew?

Acherhar

Holon Cartographer
I now want this.
Haha thanks, if only... I've always been fascinated with Holon, it's a shame they haven't expanded on it.

How about GF introducing an entirely new weather condition? Gen III was the one that introduced weather after all, and the main trio was based on it too.
I propose the weather condition 'Northern Lights'.
It basically has the same effect as Sun/Rain, but it boosts Dragon and Fairy type attacks.
Considering that Fairy type is pretty important, this could be interesting. It also powers up Dragons, but limits them by powering up Fairies as well.
I'd love to see GF give this to Rayquaza under the ability Aurora Borealis. Yeah, I know Rayquaza is supposed to be the trio master and blocks out all weather effects with Air Lock, but still...plus there can be a move called Solar Wind that brings about this condition. Heck, give Castform a new forme for it (and a Sandstorm forme please, Game Freak, please!).
I understand that there could be compatibility issues when interacting with X/Y, but the same would apply for new Mega evos as well.
Since Gen III brought about weather, it would make sense for GF to do something with weather in its remake.
That sounds fantastic, though I would love to see the Northern Lights phenomenon naturally occurring in the overworld as well, similar to rain, hail, and sandstorms. There really isn't a place for it in Hoenn, but it would look fantastic in Snowpoint City and the route leading up to it.

Sprinter1988

I really hope that there will be in-game move tutors who teach moves that were TM's in Generation 3 but no longer are.

Water Pulse is a move I miss a lot. I can't catch fire types off guard by teaching this to Glalie anymore!

Shock Wave was always handy because of its accuracy.

Secret Power provided a good bit of randomness to the mix.

Giga Drain and Iron Tail have come back as Tutor moves before and I hope they do so again.

In addition, I'd like to see some of the move tutors that were in Emerald come back to teach their moves again, in particular those who taught Double-Edge, Body Slam, Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Soft-boiled, Rollout and Seismic Toss

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Im just gonna say this, but am I the only person who reckons the mega Lati@s's mega stone will be the Soul Dew?

Since we already know that Latiasite and Latiosite exist, it probably will not be.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

I don't(but I'm not necessarily denying the possibility), as Latiosite and Latiasite are completely different items than Soul Dew, AND the boosts they provide are largely incompatible(ie. Mega Lati@s have major Defense and Attack boosts in addition to their Sp. Atk/Def). I can see something that triggers Soul Dew to transform into the Mega Stones, or Soul Dew being retconned out in favor of Mega Stones, but I don't like either option. The boost Soul Dew is much more preferrable than the Mega Formes, unless you're running mixed Lati@s.

gamers4all

Poke-Poke
Whenever I come to check the forum, there always 1~2 new pages, LOL

Things move fast in this thread.

Anyways, I am still hoping for cute lil'pokes that follow you around in overworld.

BCVM22

Anyways, I am still hoping for cute lil'pokes that follow you around in overworld.

Following Pokémon were featured as partner to the Walker and that their sprite set served a greater purpose in being used in the Pokéthlon was a significant factor.

Neither of those are the case here, and adding another constantly animating 3D model to every second of the overworld - including particuarly complex ones as Pokémon designs demand - would further strain the 3DS hardware that was already huffing and puffing in a few places in X/Y.

It was a fun addition to HG/SS that coincided with greater purposes and not something we should expect to see return.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
"GF needs to bring back the old system of picking a berry from the tree, then planting the berry in the exact same spot."

I couldn't agree more with this statement. Berries being found all around the overworld in RSE was one of my favourite features. Although sometimes it could be annoying planting one somewhere and promptly forgetting about it, it was also kind of fun to travel through that area again and pick up the berry I had planted there. I loved planting them in an actual location instead of in a key item (berry pots) which I constantly forget about entirely and can't rediscover on a trek through the woods :)

niedude

Don't forget to grin
How the hell can you forget about berries you can access by pressing the Y button but not forget about berries you planted completely at random?

I'm all for random berry spots but that better not be the only way for us to grow em. In RSE I barely had any berries because I could never remember where I planted them, and I usually couldn't plant more than two or three trees side by side. Though there was the Berry Master fields, which had tons of Berry Spots, now that I think about it...

Besides, it is unlikely for them to backpedal back to the harder, less pratical mode.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
Unrelated to my previous post, there are a few places I'd love to see them do more with:

- Scorched Slab (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Scorched_Slab); this would be a nice place for a stationary Pokemon of the Fire type, maybe something like Volcarona post-game. Then again, since Bulbapedia says, "Scorched Slab is modeled after one of the real-life locations that is claimed to be Amano-Iwato, the cave where the sun goddess Amaterasu shut herself up for a long time in Japanese mythology." maybe something like Ninetails (Drought) could be found there. Sunny Day could still be found here as well.

- Abandoned Ship (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Abandoned_Ship); this would be a cool place for a stationary Water-type or Ghost-type Pokemon. Perhaps some kind of in-game event could occur here as well, similar to the Old Chateau in DPP or Abandoned House in B/W.

- Altering Cave (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Altering_Cave); despite having a completely different intended use originally, I could see Altering Cave keeping its namesake by housing a few of the overworld evolutionary landmarks such as Moss Rock, Icy Rock, etc. However, since these might fit-in more in another area, the cave could alternatively house a different evolutionary item every day at random. This would provide people with a means of attaining certain evolutionary stones or hold-items that might otherwise be difficult to acquire.

- Artisan Cave (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Artisan_Cave); originally called Atelier Hole, it'd be great if Smeargle was found here along with some other Pokemon resembling art or studio materials. For example, Jynx, Medicham, and Machoke (the "artists model", hehe), possibly Ditto, some fruit-like pokemon (Cherrim?), etc. This idea is a little out-of-the-blue, I admit, but I like the idea of having a bit more variety than JUST our favourite artistic beagle.

These are all I can think of for now, but I may post more ideas later provided this falls under "desires" and not "speculation".

How the hell can you forget about berries you can access by pressing the Y button but not forget about berries you planted completely at random?

I rarely, if ever, remember to use Key Items for anything. It sounds silly, but I hardly even used the Bicycle except maybe in HG/SS when (I think?) the key-item was displayed on the screen or something. That said, I especially dislike the berry pots because, as I stated in my previous post, I personally enjoy feeling like I am planting them in nature and can literally rediscover them later, as would be the case in real life if I planted a tree on a trip and came back years later to see it. That and the thought of, "How the heck am I fitting these pots in my backpack?", but that's the case with all items since the bag had its item limit removed.

Also, I did say I forget about the berries I plant in the overworld - however I also said I enjoyed that detail. If I ever needed to plant berries and harvest them immediately for use, I used the berry field outside the Berry Master's house.

Edit:
I'm all for random berry spots but that better not be the only way for us to grow em.

I forgot to say I'd be fine if they still had the Berry Pots as a key item for people who did want to always have access. I'd just also like for the overworld feature to stay, as that is in my opinion something Hoenn is known for~

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I hope the abandoned ship has a more major role. I know it is there for one mini side-quest, but I really like the place. Imagine how cool it would be if it was found to be the SS Anne, and that is why you never see it again in Kanto? Anyway, I deter from my topic. I would also like that cave before the kid who tells you about the secret bases get a revamp, as that could easily hold a legendary like Entei or Moltres.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
As far the storyline goes, I want the same storyline as in Ruby and Sapphire for these games.

Agreed, although I wouldn't mind seeing elements of Emerald version added in to balance out the plot of OR/AS, as long as Kyogre's and Groudon's roles aren't eclipsed.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I hope the abandoned ship has a more major role. I know it is there for one mini side-quest, but I really like the place. Imagine how cool it would be if it was found to be the SS Anne, and that is why you never see it again in Kanto?

The originals stated that it was a ship called the S.S. Cactus. More backstory would be nice, though.

Anyway, I deter from my topic. I would also like that cave before the kid who tells you about the secret bases get a revamp, as that could easily hold a legendary like Entei or Moltres.

What I'd like to see them do with Fiery Path is put lava in it and you would have to ride a Torkoal to cross it.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
What I'd like to see them do with Fiery Path is put lava in it and you would have to ride a Torkoal to cross it.
Riding pokemon definitely needs to be a thing!

This would be nice. Would we run into wild Pokemon in the lava?

Also, apologies for the double-post earlier. I didn't realize posting about separate topics counted as a double-post (was thinking more along the lines of posting the same exact content twice)~

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
This would be nice. Would we run into wild Pokemon in the lava?

Also, apologies for the double-post earlier. I didn't realize posting about separate topics counted as a double-post (was thinking more along the lines of posting the same exact content twice)~

Theres a few that could be found. Slugma,Torkoal, Growlithe(they made it come out of a lava hole in Snap, so they technically could here too) and maybe a couple of rock types. I agree that the riding Pokémon thing should come back, and one place I think that needs it is the place where you could go down the mountain to get to...Lavaridge I think, but you couldn't get back up without going back around with the cable car. Get a pokemon with a good jump to ride so we can get back and forth. Its a thought, but maybe Doduo?

Status
Not open for further replies.