• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

C O C O

GF should be careful of their character redesigns in ORAS.
HGSS have all of it's characters redesigned but some of them made drastic changes. I HATE Morty's design back in GSC but
now he looks amazing. BUT Sabrina's tho. It made me cry. Why the hell would they get rid of her iconic hairdo ?

So here are my expectations for the Gym Leaders' redesigns:
1.) Roxanne = she should keep her dress but with a little tweaking on the design. She should let her hair down.
2.) Brawly = a small ponytail, a black sleeveless shirt, and any shorts. Oh and let him hold a surfboard too.
3.) Wattson = anything will do.
4.) Flannery = anything will do BUT KEEP THE HAIRSTYLE (or make it better).
5.) Norman = long sleeve maroon POLO shirt and a new hairstyle.
6.) Winona = get rid of her headgear. longer hair and make her wear goggles (or it could be on her forehead). anything will do on the rest.
7.) Tate & Liza = get rid of their ugly hairdo and change it into something better. oh and normal youth clothes but with the same color as their previous clothes.
8.) Wallace = anything will do but just keep the cape.

as for the Elite Four
1.) Sidney = as long as he's carrying an electric guitar (refer to the manga), it's alright.
2.) Phoebe = anything will do as long as she's still showing a lot of skin.
3.) Glacia = not only she needs a new look, she also needs a much better body sketch (her head lol). as for her clothes, she needs a purple ballroom-ish dress.
4.) Drake = a black/blue/white captain's uniform without revealing his stomach. no cape please.

and for Steven, just a little tweaking will do.

thoughts ?

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
GF should be careful of their character redesigns in ORAS.
HGSS have all of it's characters redesigned but some of them made drastic changes. I HATE Morty's design back in GSC but
now he looks amazing. BUT Sabrina's tho. It made me cry. Why the hell would they get rid of her iconic hairdo ?

So here are my expectations for the Gym Leaders' redesigns:
1.) Roxanne = she should keep her dress but with a little tweaking on the design. She should let her hair down.
2.) Brawly = a small ponytail, a black sleeveless shirt, and any shorts. Oh and let him hold a surfboard too.
3.) Wattson = anything will do.
4.) Flannery = anything will do BUT KEEP THE HAIRSTYLE (or make it better).
5.) Norman = long sleeve maroon POLO shirt and a new hairstyle.
6.) Winona = get rid of her headgear. longer hair and make her wear goggles (or it could be on her forehead). anything will do on the rest.
7.) Tate & Liza = get rid of their ugly hairdo and change it into something better. oh and normal youth clothes but with the same color as their previous clothes.
8.) Wallace = anything will but just keep the cape.

as for the Elite Four
1.) Sidney = as long as he's carrying an electric guitar (refer to the manga), it's alright.
2.) Phoebe = anything will do as long as she's still showing a lot of skin.
3.) Glacia = not only she needs a new look, she also needs a much better body sketch (her head lol). as for her clothes, she needs a purple ballroom-ish dress.
4.) Drake = a black/blue/white captain's uniform without revealing his stomach. no cape please.

and for Steven, just a little tweaking will do.

thoughts ?

I think some are great here but I have my own to ^.^

Roxanne- Give her a ponytail and same clothes but more "School" like.

Brawly- Change his hair like make the back shorter. Give him a surfboard also cause you know he is a surfer.

Wattson- Make him feel more like an Electric gym leader and not some creepy old dude who has Electric types... That laughs. A lot.

Flannery- She seems perfect the way she is.

Norman- Give him Facial hair. Don't know why but it would make him look older and not like he is barely old enough to be your father...

Winona- Just everything needs changed...

Tate & Liza- Change their hairdo and clothes, Make Tate look more like a boy really and I'll be good.

Wallace- FaBuLoUs.

Sidney- His hair always bothered me... Give him a full head of hair.

Phoebe- Make her seem more like a Ghost trainer and not a Water trainer :/

Glacia- She should keep the old day look but her body and everything needs changed...

Drake- Button up your shirt old man.

Steven- He has a boring-ish appearance, make him more fierce looking, like someone you wouldn't want to battle.

Akashin

All this is just... plain odd :/ X and Y seems more connected to Ruby and Sapphire, LGFR seem more connected to HGSS, DPPT seems connected to HGSS, and BW2 is just a standalone really...

I'm not sure where you got the impression that XY and RSE were connected from... XY makes open reference to BW taking place before it (not to mention Blue having visited Kalos, which he wouldn't have done until after FRLG) which, in turn (albeit in BW2), refers to the events of Emerald and Platinum as past events. Even before the timeline we had a rough idea of where things stood.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Theres a few that could be found. Slugma,Torkoal, Growlithe(they made it come out of a lava hole in Snap, so they technically could here too) and maybe a couple of rock types. I agree that the riding Pokémon thing should come back, and one place I think that needs it is the place where you could go down the mountain to get to...Lavaridge I think, but you couldn't get back up without going back around with the cable car. Get a pokemon with a good jump to ride so we can get back and forth. Its a thought, but maybe Doduo?

You can go back up Jagged Pass if you have the Acro Bike, actually.

The Pokémon Net Center on Knot Island had to be repaired by the player in order to reactivate the Kanto region's connection to Hoenn.

It's been all but confirmed at this point that the ability to trade between games does not make them concurrent.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I say screw the systems.

RSE is XY's BFF.

Even though that would make literally no sense and would contradict everything that we have been told by the games?

Alright then, I guess.

rocky505

Something tells me that the anime will link these new games with it. Like Lyra came when SS/HG was release.
Maybe they might change the trainers, like they changed Crystal to Lyra?

I know that this would make me sad, since I do like May..

They won't do that. Kris was from Crystal and not Gold and Silver which is why we got Lyra instead, just like how we got Leaf when there was no girl in Red or Green.

Chaos Rush

I say screw the systems.

RSE is XY's BFF.
That's just outright denying something that has been established as canon. The canonical timeline is sensible and does not contradict itself in anyway. I don't understand how your false view of the timeline is more sensible than the OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED timeline.

Looking at your above posts, one of your reasoning for the disbelief of the timeline is because "FRLG doesn't have any 3rd Gen Pokémon". You wanna know why? Because the majority of the Hoenn region Pokémon don't live in the Kanto region, that's why! Your logic is basically "wild Zigzagoons don't live in Kanto, so that must mean RSE takes place during X/Y". Let me point out again that the timeline that the majority of us agree with also happens to be the OFFICIAL TIMELINE that the games go by.

Lugar

Since there are 8 3rd gen Megaevolutions(Blaziken,Gardevoir,Mawile,Aggron,Medicham,Manectric,Banette,Absol) and it seems they're still going at it:Mega Latias/Latios at least i hope the mega stones will be available in these games as well(at least for the ones i cited) i don't want to trade from X,Y and it'd be silly not to have a MegaBlaziken and such in the region they come from.Oh and i hope there'll be trainers with Megas since it kinda sucks in X/Y that the champion is the only one to use it,i guess all elite 4 should do and please no more 2dusclops,2banette and 2sealeo,2glalie it's just boring.

Last edited:

Aetius

Since there are 8 3rd gen Megaevolutions(Blaziken,Gardevoir,Mawile,Aggron,Medicham,Manectric,Banette,Absol) and it seems they're still going at it:Mega Latias/Latios at least i hope the mega stones will be available in these games as well(at least for the ones i cited) i don't want to trade from X,Y and it'd be silly not to have a MegaBlaziken and such in the region they come from.

Whetever they'll be in the post-game or not, I'm sure that we will get Mega Stones without trading them from XY.

Xernoblade

Live long & prosper
If, as some say, ORAS is to be a sequel to RS, then I want a revamped E4. In order, I want Glacia, Drake, Colress (yes, the Colress from BW2) and Wally (yep that nervous little green haired kid).
As far as type specialties go, I'd love Colress to be Steel type but then champion STeven would be redundant and I DO NOT want Wallace as champion. So maybe Electric with Magnezone, Ampharos, Klingklang (I know it's not strictly electric but it does get plenty of electric type moves), Manectric and Raichu.
Wally can be Psychic or even Fairy, which would integrate the new type in well. He could have Gardevoir, Togekiss, Florges, Azumarill and Clefable maybe? Or Psychic type with Gardevoir, Alakazam, Gallade, Musharna and Jynx.
It would also be cool if each memeber of the E4 had one Pokemon that could Mega evolve, so Glacia could have Abomasnow, Drake with Garchomp/Charizard X, Colress with Manectric/Ampharos, Wally with Gardevoir, and Steven with Aggron.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
If, as some say, ORAS is to be a sequel to RS, then I want a revamped E4. In order, I want Glacia, Drake, Colress (yes, the Colress from BW2) and Wally (yep that nervous little green haired kid).
As far as type specialties go, I'd love Colress to be Steel type but then champion STeven would be redundant and I DO NOT want Wallace as champion. So maybe Electric with Magnezone, Ampharos, Klingklang (I know it's not strictly electric but it does get plenty of electric type moves), Manectric and Raichu.
Wally can be Psychic or even Fairy, which would integrate the new type in well. He could have Gardevoir, Togekiss, Florges, Azumarill and Clefable maybe? Or Psychic type with Gardevoir, Alakazam, Gallade, Musharna and Jynx.
It would also be cool if each memeber of the E4 had one Pokemon that could Mega evolve, so Glacia could have Abomasnow, Drake with Garchomp/Charizard X, Colress with Manectric/Ampharos, Wally with Gardevoir, and Steven with Aggron.
It's not a sequel. It's a remake.

Photonkrios95

If, as some say, ORAS is to be a sequel to RS, then I want a revamped E4.

And this was officially disproved about 2 days after we found out about the games.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
What would be the point of this, though? Since your Hoennese Pokémon are inaccessible, you are essentially playing an entirely new game, but with a ported character and an inconsequential mention of the fact that they came from Hoenn. Furthermore, considering that not everybody will have played ORAS, it would make little sense to force "Z" players into a story that they never experienced the first half of. At least with HGSS and B2W2, you still started with a completely new character and a fresh and mostly self-contained storyline.

For fun lol

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Dreis

i'll take anything as long as the Trick House and its theme return. I used to listen to that for hours

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
i'll take anything as long as the Trick House and its theme return. I used to listen to that for hours

Don't worry, they 'll return. OR/AS are remakes of the originals, it will be in. And its theme.

P.S.: I like its tune too. Makes it unique, as there aren't Trick Houses anywhere else in the world... yet.

Britney123

That's pretty much not happening without an expanded Hoenn Dex, there's too few Ice and Ghost types available to avoid duplicates.

In the original games that is what surprised me... The use of Ice and Ghost in the Elite 4 seemed quite redundant seeing as there wasn't many of either type within the dex...

Dark was great because there was absol, crawdant, sharpedo, cacturne and whatever his other pokemon was I forget...

I think grass was a missed oppurtunity For a gym...

Status
Not open for further replies.