• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bariokie

rock dog
Considering it's a remake, I don't see why it would be removed. HGSS didn't remove the PokéGear

Exactly. Plus it even got upgraded.
They have had 10 years the time. So I expect something extra.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Exactly. Plus it even got upgraded.
They have had 10 years the time. So I expect something extra.

In HGSS, I really liked how certain registered trainers on the PokGear give you items.
I hope that some trainers that can be registered on the PokeNav's Match Call do that too aside from just rematches.

We can register non-trainers such as Mr. Stone and Prof. Birch, so I hope they expand this.

James2344

Keyblade wielder
While I doubt it would happen I would love the return of the PWT especially with a tournament with pokemon professors (each gen + blue)

I'm guessing it's pretty safe to say HM
Dive will be back. One of my favorite aspects
in RS was needing to use dive to reach Sootopolis
City.

Lugar

That's pretty much not happening without an expanded Hoenn Dex, there's too few Ice and Ghost types available to avoid duplicates.

They should question their choices about e4 at gamefreak cause team comp is more important than character design,i mean fire type when there's only infernape and rapidash please.In flint case they did expanded the dex in plat though it's not necessary cause unlike gyms e4 is more about theme than just type ie Lance with Gyarados and Aerodactyl and it does make their team stronger and more challenging/fun rather than having a one type team you can wreak with just 1 poke without even sweating(duo types are great as well but not always available).

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
In the original games that is what surprised me... The use of Ice and Ghost in the Elite 4 seemed quite redundant seeing as there wasn't many of either type within the dex...

Dark was great because there was absol, crawdant, sharpedo, cacturne and whatever his other pokemon was I forget...

I think grass was a missed oppurtunity For a gym...

It is a distinct possibility that if the Dex is expanded, we would see a mix-up. Flint from D/P (but not Pt) was arguably worse.

And on the topic of the E4, this is where I want to share a somewhat related issue I feel very strongly about. As well as increasing the diversity of the teams, I also want to see some dynamism in there as well. Battling the E4 these days is sort of boring with most of all their Pokemon just having standard 4 attacks, and all different types as well. And you sort of lose that difference between the 4 people, as they're all essentially the same, except they just get different STAB on each move.

This is why Koga and Phoebe are among my favourite E4 members, because their battling styles are actually the only ones that are noticeably different. You can actually see these members have an overall strategy, whereas none of the others actually do. For example, Koga from the off states that he's just going to annoy you and frustrate you and he takes great pleasure out of it, and that's exactly what he does. Toxic Spikes, Toxic, Double Team, Minimize, Supersonic, he had the whole package to have you streaming expletives throughout the entire match. He had bulky Pokemon who would jump at the opportunity to stall you out, and any chinks in the armour would be immediately exploited. And that was brilliant, and it was in HG/SS when I truly learnt and came to respect status conditions, stalling and other defensive tactics when before I think I had underestimated them. He says the one quote that I have always remembered from then on (when I battled his Muk for over an hour and went down):

"Pokemon are not merely about brute force. You shall see soon enough!"

On the topic of Hoenn E4, Phoebe was also given some interesting tools at her disposal, Curse-Protect being among them. And that was great to see as she was a pretty balanced E4 member. And now with Sableye having Prankster, there really is no excuse to not have this ability incorporated into her battling style.

We have so many different attacks, different strategies, different move combinations, it just really is a shame to see them wasted, especially as I think the E4 is a great way to showcase them. Just seeing attack after attack after attack randomly, just because they happen to be SE against your Pokemon is just really old.

Some suggestions
-> Give Sidney's Pokemon more access to Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Taunt, etc.
-> Give Phoebe a Toxic + Shadow Force and/or Protect combo to make things challenging. Throw in some Mean Looks. And my personal wish to give her Dusclops one of my favourite moves (that I think she could use very effectively): Trick Room.
-> Difficult when Ice-type move pools are typically very shallow. Give Glacia's Walrein Toxic. It may not be what it used to, but it will still make things harder.
-> Give Altaria Cotton Spore to discourage physical attacks. But being Dragon-type, I don't mind him just trying to muscle you with powerful attacks - I just don't think that every E4 member should be like that.

These are things that I think they should think about. The E4 are supposedly the best in the world, they shouldn't just be using random attacks with no focus whatsoever except to hit your Pokemon SE-ly and maybe surprise you once in a while. To make the AI more dynamic like this might be difficult I understand, but from what GF has done before with giving some trainers specific move combinations makes me think that this sort of thing can be done, and I really think they need it.

Last edited:

Lugar

I agree with freezer1,i mean having a level advantage is good but it doesn't really make them that strong,they need strategy they need to use different tactics and have all of their team work together and not just a bunch of pokemons of the same type with se moves thrown together.

Kdude146

I for one really hope that they being back the following Pokémon because I really loved that in HGSS and I want to see Mega Evolutions for the other two Hoenn starters and I also think we will be able to get Mega Latias and Mega Latios in these games. I also want to see Brendan/May not give up and battle them with a fully evolved starter and with Wally we should be able to battle him through out Hoenn as well and I thinbk they will add Pokémon like Gallade and Roserade to the Hoenn Pokedex since they are related to Hoenn Pokémon after all.

Akashin

I for one really hope that they being back the following Pokémon because I really loved that in HGSS and I want to see Mega Evolutions for the other two Hoenn starters and I also think we will be able to get Mega Latias and Mega Latios in these games. I also want to see Brendan/May not give up and battle them with a fully evolved starter and with Wally we should be able to battle him through out Hoenn as well and I thinbk they will add Pokémon like Gallade and Roserade to the Hoenn Pokedex since they are related to Hoenn Pokémon after all.

Gallade and Roserade (among others) being in the Hoenn Dex is essentially a given, same as it was in HGSS. Them being available pre-E4 is less certain, but hopefully they are.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm guessing it's pretty safe to say HM
Dive will be back. One of my favorite aspects
in RS was needing to use dive to reach Sootopolis
City.
It'd be cool to see how dive would look with the new 3ds/2ds graphics.
I also hope that we get a similar Team Aqua vs Team Magma plot from emerald in ORAS, it would be cool with both teams being the villains instead of just one of them.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
They should question their choices about e4 at gamefreak cause team comp is more important than character design,i mean fire type when there's only infernape and rapidash please.In flint case they did expanded the dex in plat though it's not necessary cause unlike gyms e4 is more about theme than just type ie Lance with Gyarados and Aerodactyl and it does make their team stronger and more challenging/fun rather than having a one type team you can wreak with just 1 poke without even sweating(duo types are great as well but not always available).

Or at least make smarter choices about which types they choose. But yeah, I'd like to see some more type variety in the Hoenn Dex.

It is a distinct possibility that if the Dex is expanded, we would see a mix-up. Flint from D/P (but not Pt) was arguably worse.

And on the topic of the E4, this is where I want to share a somewhat related issue I feel very strongly about. As well as increasing the diversity of the teams, I also want to see some dynamism in there as well. Battling the E4 these days is sort of boring with most of all their Pokemon just having standard 4 attacks, and all different types as well. And you sort of lose that difference between the 4 people, as they're all essentially the same, except they just get different STAB on each move.

This is why Koga and Phoebe are among my favourite E4 members, because their battling styles are actually the only ones that are noticeably different. You can actually see these members have an overall strategy, whereas none of the others actually do. For example, Koga from the off states that he's just going to annoy you and frustrate you and he takes great pleasure out of it, and that's exactly what he does. Toxic Spikes, Toxic, Double Team, Minimize, Supersonic, he had the whole package to have you streaming expletives throughout the entire match. He had bulky Pokemon who would jump at the opportunity to stall you out, and any chinks in the armour would be immediately exploited. And that was brilliant, and it was in HG/SS when I truly learnt and came to respect status conditions, stalling and other defensive tactics when before I think I had underestimated them. He says the one quote that I have always remembered from then on (when I battled his Muk for over an hour and went down):

"Pokemon are not merely about brute force. You shall see soon enough!"

On the topic of Hoenn E4, Phoebe was also given some interesting tools at her disposal, Curse-Protect being among them. And that was great to see as she was a pretty balanced E4 member. And now with Sableye having Prankster, there really is no excuse to not have this ability incorporated into her battling style.

We have so many different attacks, different strategies, different move combinations, it just really is a shame to see them wasted, especially as I think the E4 is a great way to showcase them. Just seeing attack after attack after attack randomly, just because they happen to be SE against your Pokemon is just really old.

Some suggestions
-> Give Sidney's Pokemon more access to Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Taunt, etc.
-> Give Phoebe a Toxic + Shadow Force and/or Protect combo to make things challenging. Throw in some Mean Looks. And my personal wish to give her Dusclops one of my favourite moves (that I think she could use very effectively): Trick Room.
-> Difficult when Ice-type move pools are typically very shallow. Give Glacia's Walrein Toxic. It may not be what it used to, but it will still make things harder.
-> Give Altaria Cotton Spore to discourage physical attacks. But being Dragon-type, I don't mind him just trying to muscle you with powerful attacks - I just don't think that every E4 member should be like that.

These are things that I think they should think about. The E4 are supposedly the best in the world, they shouldn't just be using random attacks with no focus whatsoever except to hit your Pokemon SE-ly and maybe surprise you once in a while. To make the AI more dynamic like this might be difficult I understand, but from what GF has done before with giving some trainers specific move combinations makes me think that this sort of thing can be done, and I really think they need it.

They usually also try to cover their weaknesses in some way. I expect Sidney and Drake to use more Poison and Steel type moves this time to counter their new weakness to Fairy. Your suggestions are good, though.

Gallade and Roserade (among others) being in the Hoenn Dex is essentially a given, same as it was in HGSS. Them being available pre-E4 is less certain, but hopefully they are.

If they're not available in the main game, there's not as much reason to put them in the Hoenn Dex. For the most part, whatever they put in a regional dex can be caught before you beat the game.

C O C O

Hmmm.. yeah, ORAS are confirmed remakes, but if we take a look into Gen 6's aesthetics, I'm guessing that it's also entirely different at the same time.
I mean obviously that would be a bit (or even a lot) unflattering if everything in the setting remained and is just being rendered in 3D.. but it's fine if they did that in the previous generation.
All cities WILL undergo drastic changes, but that's what made me curious too. Cause who knows ? Maybe one of Hoenn's cities might get the Castelia/Lumiose treatment, or they could
even add another city that will implement the role of Castelia and Lumiose (LaRousse anyone ?).
Also, Ever Grande City wasn't so grand at all. It doesn't need more buildings tho (refer to it's motto "The paradise of flowers, the sea, and Pokemon") but it still NEEDS a major makeover. Something colorful.
Counting it's Victory Road cause it's plain boring. They better not disappoint us with this one.

I'm also curious for Hoenn's Pokemon League appearance cause I don't think they'll use the original look in the remakes. Take a look at Sinnoh's, Unova's, and Kalos'.
Respectively, they've taken the looks of a Cathedral, a Temple, and a Castle. If they can't make Ever Grande City.. well.. Grand. Make the Pokemon League grand instead.
I honestly have no idea what it should look like but whatever it is, it should not be just a regular building.
Oh and I can totally see countless of petals floating in the screen when outside the Pokemon League Building. With petals and soothing background music, players will feel a lot less unnerved before entering the building, unlike in Unova and Kalos which build tense. I'm not saying it's a bad thing though. I love it that way, but with a less pressure building direction is also good for a change.

ebevan91

I'm hoping that we have to fight them in order again. I'm not a fan of the whole "fight in any order you want" thing. The old way has more sense of progression, IMO.

ShadowKreach

I'm also curious for Hoenn's Pokemon League appearance cause I don't think they'll use the original look in the remakes. Take a look at Sinnoh's, Unova's, and Kalos'.
Respectively, they've taken the looks of a Cathedral, a Temple, and a Castle. If they can't make Ever Grande City.. well.. Grand. Make the Pokemon League grand instead.
I honestly have no idea what it should look like but whatever it is, it should not be just a regular building.
Oh and I can totally see countless of petals floating in the screen when outside the Pokemon League Building. With petals and soothing background music, players will feel a lot less unnerved before entering the building, unlike in Unova and Kalos which build tense. I'm not saying it's a bad thing though. I love it that way, but with a less pressure building direction is also good for a change.

I was thinking that they should make the Hoenn Pokemon League building into a huge tree. It'd fit in well due to how nature-based Hoenn is on the whole, and given the fact that I think in places Hoenn feels more Japanese than the other regions, a giant Cherry Tree with falling pink petals would certainly be nice.
To go even further, they could perhaps change the aesthetics of Victory Road itself and fill it with the gnarled roots of the tree growing above. It'd certainly be better than if it still just looked like a cave.

Aetius

I was thinking that they should make the Hoenn Pokemon League building into a huge tree. It'd fit in well due to how nature-based Hoenn is on the whole, and given the fact that I think in places Hoenn feels more Japanese than the other regions, a giant Cherry Tree with falling pink petals would certainly be nice.
To go even further, they could perhaps change the aesthetics of Victory Road itself and fill it with the gnarled roots of the tree growing above. It'd certainly be better than if it still just looked like a cave.

I must say that it's a good and beautiful idea.
Maybe also change the aesthetichs of the E4's rooms and the result will be awesome.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
What I want is a more consistent way to earn money in the postgame. Now, maybe I've just been spoiled by my fat $tax of Unova P that are lying around, but battling the Elite Four over and over again for a net reward of only ~170,000 gets dull fast, especially with the amount of clothes that there are to buy.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm hoping that we have to fight them in order again. I'm not a fan of the whole "fight in any order you want" thing. The old way has more sense of progression, IMO.

I don't particularly care either way, but since OR/AS are remakes of R/S, I'll assume that we'll battle the E4 in order again.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
What I want is a more consistent way to earn money in the postgame. Now, maybe I've just been spoiled by my fat $tax of Unova P that are lying around, but battling the Elite Four over and over again for a net reward of only ~170,000 gets dull fast, especially with the amount of clothes that there are to buy.

And this is why I have advocated the E4 post-game to have pools of Pokemon (with their never-changing signature) rather than set teams, as not only would it showcase the wealth of Pokemon we have today, but it would also should help keep it fresh. As stated above in my other post, the teams need to be more interesting as well rather than just rote attacks. I mean, would it really have been that difficult to give Siebold Rain Dance or Malva Sunny Day?

Also to add to earlier, I forgot to mention Steven. Claydol should get Trick Room (as all of Steven's Pokemon are pretty slow), while Cradily should get Sandstorm (he has 3 Rock-types and none of his Pokemon takes residual damage) and Skarmory Stealth Rock (it didn't exist previously, but I think it would fit Steven well), which I think might help his team a lot. Whoops, I am getting ahead of myself and assuming Steven is the Champion! If it is Wallace, then he should abuse Rain Dance as much as possible with the new range of abilities and effects, and his Pokemon should have Thunder to take advantage of this. Although he would get decimated in double time by Thunder himself, so it could go either way.

I would rather they be battled in order - I prefer it that way, although, as just stated, it is a preference. Probably because I go into the E4 underleveled to make things more interesting, and the level progression makes it harder. Also, considering the actual gameplay aside, I like how there is an order to it, as you can see a sense of hierarchy with drake being the strongest member and Sidney being the weakest, whereas all the same level they are all equals.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

We need trainer rematches back. And not through a gimmicky facility, I mean a real trainer rematch system like the phone, Trainer's Eyes, or Vs. Seeker.

Snivy18

We need trainer rematches back. And not through a gimmicky facility, I mean a real trainer rematch system like the phone, Trainer's Eyes, or Vs. Seeker.
Pokenav you mean? Haha, I actually want some new features to that thing, like the XTransceiver when you can face-to-face talk to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.