• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Brendan and May are also now confirmed to return as the playable characters, which I'm personally happy about. With the new art it's actually way easier to tell that Brendan is wearing a hat, and it's not his hair.

That was my first thought, too! Now you can see his hair it should end all confusion.

I do wonder if we'll be able to customise them at all. I mean, with older characters returning, it's unlikely, but could still happen.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Brendan and May are also now confirmed to return as the playable characters, which I'm personally happy about. With the new art it's actually way easier to tell that Brendan is wearing a hat, and it's not his hair.
Yes finally other people can see that white cap is just a hat and not his actual hair. They look great with their new designs now that we got some actual pic's my Hype is back on track.
Team Aqua and Magma look both cool and a little funny at the same time for me. I seriously can't wait for this game to come out now :D

diakyu

Look at those fine as hell redesigns.

venom1950

Ace Trainer
they all mantain their types except sceptile who gets a grass+dragon type!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

don't care about sceptile!!!! :D
jk

you can just imagine...mega swampert + trick room. i can feel it already...the world has ended. arceus needs to redo the entire universe.

Firebrand

Indomitable
One thing I noticed in the mega evolution scan was the two bikes underneath Blaziken. Looks like we're getting the Mach and Acro bike back!

Also, I noted that Brenden and May have more simple designs this time around, with a lot less of the costume flairs they had in the original. I think this means we're likely to see character customization carry over (not that many people really doubted it) but having a more simple base design would get in the way less when changing accessories around. Finally... I don't know how I feel about Archie and Maxie's new designs. Part of me thinks it's cool they have a more developed outfit (especially Archie's, I wonder if we'll be able to get his outfit for customization) but another part of me kind of misses the understated elegance of the earlier designs.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I'll be honest, I don't really care for May's redesign. Its just my personal opinion, but for the time being I prefer her old look. I didn't think it would stay the same but the clothes don't appeal to me.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
My thoughts on the scans

sceptile imo is the best of the 3 in my opion may just use it first over my shiny mudkip i bred for these games or maybe both at once. plus that grass dragon typing SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

mega swampert looks beast and bulky probably going to have a boost in defense and sp defense and maybe get fliter or sap sipper like mega vensasuar got thick fat to improve his bulk

mega blaziken op we already know everything about him but looks like he's going to be an in game mega now.

mega diance.... WHERE IS MY MEGA FERRTHORN!?!?!?!

not sure how i feel about the new magma and aqua atleast they look more diverse now.

new may/brenden i like mays bandana more, i don't like the art but their in game design looks nice. and do we have confirmation on mega groudon/mega kyogres types?

Bardische

Elegance.
It's fine that they redesigned them to fit with the more tropical aspect of Hoenn...but Brendan's design is...off.

He doesn't remind me of Brendan anymore. He's like another person. May still feels like May, especially since they took her old pose and refined it with the redesign.

Steven Stone remains flawless.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Mach and Acro bikes are back! I hope there is a stunt park or something xD

Mega Sceptile looks amazing, and who saw Mega Diancie coming?

Steven has a Mega Charizard X? OK! And the new outfits for Aqua and Magma look way better, and I thought they looked great before! Atom Kyogre and Atom Groudon basically states they are NOT Mega evolutions.

kemal07

Can anyone translate the names for the Team Magma and Aqua members?

The admin in Team Magma definitely looks like Courtney. And the guy in Team Aqua definitely looks like Admin Matt?

It seems as if Team Aqua Admin Shelly and Team Magma Admin Tabitha has been replaced with a new female and a new overweight male. Although the female aqua admin does seem to look a bit like Shelly.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
WOW! I thought we had to wait a week more before getting this stuff. I am excited. Are those new Team Magma Grunts and Admis at the bottom of the big page? Big Surprise that was for sure. Also we get a small screen shot of what the game play looks like right near the bottom Steven. I hope we get footage soon. Also I see Brendan but where is May? I don't see her

Last edited:

maxtvgame

Do you guys character customization will be a option? Doesn't look like it based on the new pictures :(

The skin colour of Brandon seems to be Darker though..

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
We also get Mega Diancie but I doubt anyone really noticed with Mega starters, Brenden & May plus Team Aqua and Magma redesigns.

Last edited:

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
I AM SCREAMiNG BRENDAN AND MAY AND EVERYBODY THEY'RE SO PERFECT AND WONDERFUL
I'VE MISSED THEM SO MUCH OH MY GOSH
THE MEGA EVOLUTIONS LOOK AMAZING
TEAM AQUA AND MAGMA
BLESS TODAY LIFE IS WONDERFUL
I LOVE HOENN

Last edited:

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Do you guys character customization will be a option? Doesn't look like it based on the new pictures :(

The skin colour of Brandon seems to be Darker though..
If there isn't character customization ppl will freak(myself included). But I honestly doubt GF will remove it in the remakes I don't see any real reason why it shouldn't..

Can anyone translate the names for the Team Magma and Aqua members?

The admin in Team Magma definitely looks like Courtney. And the guy in Team Aqua definitely looks like Admin Matt?

It seems as if Team Aqua Admin Shelly and Team Magma Admin Tabitha has been replaced with a new female and a new overweight male. Although the female aqua admin does seem to look a bit like Shelly.
I just checked and they are all the same characters, just new designs.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
There's really no way to tell whether character customization will be back or not. Could easily go either way, just because we have preset starting trainers doesn't necessarily mean it's gone.

maxtvgame

I think character customization will be available. I just looked again. The old Brandon had white hair, the new brandon has a cap that looks like the hair of the old Brandon. Under beneath this cap you can clearly see brown hair..pokemonbrandon.jpg

Bardische

Elegance.
Yeah, I don't think they're going to get rid of customization...since I think there's a reason why Brendan looks like that now, is because of the alternate skin colors.

Brendan was lighter in his R/S appearance. His hair and skin color are different here, which was the first thing I noticed about him. May still looks like May because nothing about her really changed except for the clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.