• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
Too bad what they did with Tabitha though. Redesigning for the sake of redesigning is dumb. Really happy to what they did with the others though.
Who's that muscled Team Aqua dude?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Yeah, of all the redesignings, I disliked Tabitha the most. He looked so good in the anime and earlier games, thoug i am pretty pleased With the rest of the re-designs. (And it doesn't look like they did anything specific to steven)
And speaking of expectations. I do hope that the trainer customization wil Return, as well as the 3 gen. Contests

thatdude53

No guys this cannot be real because this would require an updated patch. Eat your words there are NEW MEGAS! Lol jk

But seriously this all but confirms a slightly different story than thee originals. Wonder how delta emerald rayquaza will fit into all of this.

SilverFox

So sly
Too bad what they did with Tabitha though. Redesigning for the sake of redesigning is dumb. Really happy to what they did with the others though.
Who's that muscled Team Aqua dude?

It's Matt. He actually looks better. He had long hair, a vest with no shirt, and a huge pot belly in Gen 3. His redesign is very nice.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Yesterday someone posted a batch of E3 rumors that were pretty quickly classified as fake. And I'll admit, some of them did sound fake. But they mentioned Mega Evolutions for the Hoenn starters, along with Mega Evolutions for Shiftry and Ludicolo. I wonder if those will come about too?

Mega Sceptile looks way awesome. Mega Swampert... ehhh... I think they could have done better.

Brendan's/May's redesigns look pretty cool. Especially the in-game shots.

Nov can't come fast enough. Bring me Hoenn and the trumpets!

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Saw the new designs.
Hmm... can't say I like them, but also can't say I don't like them.

Updating the designs of the characters is good, but here it seems they've overdone it...

Also, Mega Diancie?!!! For shame, GF, give a Mega Evolution to a Pokémon that deserves to have one! At least, this confirms that Diancie Mega-Evolves in the upcoming movie...

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
It's Matt. He actually looks better. He had long hair, a vest with no shirt, and a huge pot belly in Gen 3. His redesign is very nice.

Ah, awesome. Can't believe I forget who he was; comparing it to the older version, he's 10/10 now.
Wonder if they'll tweak the plot so I can face him in AS.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Great, Mega Pokémon are rearing their ugly head in the Hoenn remake, was really hoping that they wouldn't.

Don't like Mega Pokémon at all.

TrainerJecht

Anyone think it's odd that Team Magma are all white and Team Aqua are all black now lol? I just think it's weird that Nintendo/GF wouldn't mix them up, but instead separate them completely. Were they going for a "tan" look?

Akashin

Anyone think it's odd that Team Magma are all white and Team Aqua are all black now lol? I just think it's weird that Nintendo/GF wouldn't mix them up, but instead separate them completely. Were they going for a "tan" look?

Looks like a tan to me... Wouldn't have found it odd even if it was as you're seeing it, though.

Rhonder

Wow, doesn't seem to be the popular opinion here, but personally my favorite part of the news today was seeing the main char redesigns and the fact that they're new, but more importantly that they're based off of the emerald ones rather than the RS ones. ofc, the two designs are pretty similar... but I highly prefer Brandon in shorts and short sleeves rather than... well mostly the long sleeved jacket thing. Not a fan. Also May seems pretty cute now, so approval there as well~ Of course, I hope that they bring the customization back, but i'd like to have a base outfit that's cool as well as good custom options, like Serena in X and Y. Awesome base look, but lots of other good choices too. I hope they don't shaft boys again tho with like half the options as girls. At least give us some like... non-capris shorts options, more hats if we're forced to not take them off, more bag styles, etc

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

Team Aqua love the sea and when you're out in the sea under the sun, you end with a tan.

Arcticwolf10

Oh wow, you are right...he's so completely butchered now!! I can't believe they gave him a tan. Grrrr.

It actually makes sense, Brendon having a tan... Hoenn IS tropical after all. They're clothes look s lot like their Emerald Gear honestly, Brendon even has a green bag

Schade

Metallic Wonder
And on the topic of desires. I really want Steven Stone to be the champion of the Elite Four instead of Wallace... I really liked what they did With Stevens apperance, but by the look of the release, it seems like he'll be a supporting character again.
but if I recall correctly, wasn't he still a supporting character as well back in RSE?

With the new graphics and all the stuff you can do in the games nowadays I hope they really improve Hoenn. Don't get me wrong I thought it was a good region but I found particular areas rather boring and the region as a whole kinda small.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
How did Steven end up with a Mega Charizard X? That makes no sense...he's a steel trainer. I was going to go with Mudkip, but I don't like his mega evolution. I'm now tempted to go with Treeko.

Status
Not open for further replies.