• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
How did Steven end up with a Mega Charizard X? That makes no sense...he's a steel trainer. I was going to go with Mudkip, but I don't like his mega evolution. I'm now tempted to go with Treeko.

Ugh...nothing directed at you, just tired of people saying this.

It has not been confirmed that he gets it, it only appears (in a separate picture) next to his.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
How did Steven end up with a Mega Charizard X? That makes no sense...he's a steel trainer.

it's legal to catch Pokemon outside of a stated specialty?

considering that it's Lv. 100 in that screenshot, if it's his, it's probably not fought in the main story

SilverFox

So sly
And on the topic of desires. I really want Steven Stone to be the champion of the Elite Four instead of Wallace... I really liked what they did With Stevens apperance, but by the look of the release, it seems like he'll be a supporting character again.
but if I recall correctly, wasn't he still a supporting character as well back in RSE?

I think that because they revealed Steven and not Wallace, that Steven will be champ.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3

considering that it's Lv. 100 in that screenshot, if it's his, it's probably not fought in the main story

Not illegal, but more of something that irks me when I look at it. I guess it's going to be like that lv 100 Mewtwo you get to use in the XY demo for the purpose of introducing Mega Evolutions.

Firebrand

Indomitable

Also keep in mind that for these screenshots, they're taken from a demo version of the game. In early screenshots/trailers of games, most of the starters (even first form ones) are at level 50 or whatever.

!Blue-Umbreon!

Pop Music Lover
I think that because they revealed Steven and not Wallace, that Steven will be champ.

Well i think they reveled him because he is the Mega Stone expert of the game and they revealed new Megas so...

i don't think his announcement is related to the champion's spot.

With that said, i still hope Wallace is champion.

Edit: Version exclusive teams? Kinda deconfirms emerald storyline ..welp

Last edited:

BM14murph

Master Collector
Have to admit I'm not liking the new character look :/
Maxie and Archie used to look so bad a** and actually evil I'm regular clothes and now they look too flashy in weird outfits and not that threatening. Oh and why the hell is Tabitha fat?

Aetius

I asked this before but it seems like no one noticed. XD
Considering what they did with both teams, do you think that also the gym leaders and E4 will receive a complete overhaul?
And will they also get 3D models? (I'm refering to the pre-battle introduction)

Born Better

God of Lightning
I asked this before but it seems like no one noticed. XD
Considering what they did with both teams, do you think that also the gym leaders and E4 will receive a complete overhaul?
And will they also get 3D models? (I'm refering to the pre-battle introduction)

Probably not. They should, though. It made no sense how in XY, the freaking grunts got intros, but not the gym leaders/E4/champion.

Aside from Maxie's wetsuit, I'm alright with the Magma and Aqua redesigns. Brendan is just bad, though and May's not much better.

rocky505

Those sideburns are really antagonizing me. We better be able to change our hair style again lol

Aetius

Probably not. They should, though. It made no sense how in XY, the freaking grunts got intros, but not the gym leaders/E4/champion.

Aside from Maxie's wetsuit, I'm alright with the Magma and Aqua redesigns. Brendan is just bad, though and May's not much better.

Yeah, I know that probably they won't do that, but as you said, they should, because it feels like some characters are less important than others.
Normal trainers can stick with the common introductions, but Gym leaders, E4 and champion should get one.

P.S: Loving your signature. XD

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Okay wow. Have we ever gotten CoroCoro leaks this early before? Anyway, here's my thoughts:

-Well, looks like the question of whether or not there's going to be new Megas is solved. I like Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert (especially Mega Sceptile for Grass/Dragon badassery), Mega Diancie just seems to be the usual "make it look bigger and more complex" kind of design for Megas.
-Mach Bike and Acro Bike are back? I wonder how that will work now. And what about Roller Skates?
-It didn't really take a genius to predict that Steven would be interested in Mega Evolutions. I don't think that Mega Charizard is his though, that's probably something unrelated. But now that the possibility of more Megas exists, he'll most likely have Mega Metagross, though.
-Brendan/May look about the same as they used to, can't say I'm surprised or impressed with their outfits. Hoping customization is back.
-I like the look of Team Aqua and the Team Magma Grunts, but not Maxie, Tabitha, and Courtney. Maxie looks unusually dignified, and Tabitha is completely unrecognizable and weird looking, Courtney just looks like a generic grunt with purple hair. Meanwhile, Archie's look is somewhat fitting, Matt really bulked up and looks a lot more threatening, and Shelley has this weird gypsy look which is sort of oddly fitting.
-Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval? Can we just stick with one name for now until we get the proper English names (probably at E3)? Anyway, so they're supposed to be glorified Mega Evolutions with some kind of "devolution" theme, which is neat. Not really much else to say about this for now.
-I don't recognize any of the areas shown, so either the game will look drastically different with the 3D graphics or there's going to be some new areas in the storyline.
-WTF is a "Bangle"?

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
...Brendan's hair is brown now...God damnit they better bring back customization or so help me. I am turning that hair right back to black. Why do you have to keep doing this nintendo...You better not change Lucas's hair to brown when you eventually remake Sinnoh...

Last edited:

kiogrey

RS REMAKES
Do we actually have some definite, concrete confirmation that Steven actually owns the MCharizard X? There seems to be a lot of people extrapolating/assuming that GF gave Steven a MCharizard because of pure marketing value... I just need to know if the news post's wording of "appears to have" actually has any substance to it (does the magazine say so/hints about it) or was it to compensate for the lack of info by suggesting a positive 'maybe'.

Status
Not open for further replies.