• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Do we actually have some definite, concrete confirmation that Steven actually owns the MCharizard X? There seems to be a lot of people extrapolating/assuming that GF gave Steven a MCharizard because of pure marketing value... I just need to know if the news post's wording of "appears to have" actually has any substance to it (does the magazine say so/hints about it) or was it to compensate for the lack of info by suggesting a positive 'maybe'.

I'm not sure where people are getting this either, but unless there's some kind of concrete proof there, I don't think it's his. It doesn't really fit him that well.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I'm not sure where people are getting this either, but unless there's some kind of concrete proof there, I don't think it's his. It doesn't really fit him that well.

I don't think it's his. It probably is his just for the demo, because he is interested in Mega Evolution, so he probably just demonstrates it in the demo where you can have any of the 3 mega starters (Just my guess)

Wow, if they give any other Pokemon Primeval Devolution, who do you think will get one?

I am thinking that Rayquaza, Relicanth, and Milotic could get one.

Wow, if they give any other Pokemon Primeval Devolution, who do you think will get one?

the fossil pokemon maybe? I think that would be pretty cool, although aerodactyl is a MEGA so idk... maybe some legends like ho-oh or lugia?

R_N

The image seems to be a level 100 charizard X, too
Could just be a generic "searching for hte mystery of the kalos region's mega evolution"

I don't think it's his. It probably is his just for the demo, because he is interested in Mega Evolution, so he probably just demonstrates it in the demo where you can have any of the 3 mega starters (Just my guess)

Just Rayquaza
Relicanth & Milotic (side-note: Why Milotic) would almost definitely just get megas.
Aerodactyl got a mega and its mega is basically the same thing.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Could just be a generic "searching for hte mystery of the kalos region's mega evolution"

Just Rayquaza
Relicanth & Milotic (side-note: Why Milotic) would almost definitely just get megas.
Aerodactyl got a mega and its mega is basically the same thing.

Milotic is based off of an Oarfish, a creature that has been around for a long time, but was recently discovered like a decade and a half ago. Besides since she is like the polar opposite of Gyarados it would be pretty cool to see her get the opposite of a Mega Evolution ^.^
Just a thought.

And we can't be to sure that Megas are the exact same thing as Primeval Devolutions.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Oh right, I forgot about that. Yeah, it's probably just a generic image, I don't think Mega Charizard X will play much of a role in the game.

Steven's Mega is probably going to be Mega Aggron or Mega Metagross if one exists in the game.

Cobalt_Latios

Okay, so, since I don't particularly feel like browsing through 250 pages worth of speculation material, I'll simply go bit by bit what I know of and what I think will be the case for it. Sort of.

So, the big one for me that I noticed, is that they have Steven looking into Mega-Evoloutin. Which, considering this involves Mega Stones, it kind of fits him. Not too sure about giving him a Charizard though, especially the X variety. I would have thought a Mega-Aggron or something to that extent.

The other interesting bit of information, concerns the naming of Mega-Groudon/Mega-Kygore as their "primeval" forms. I'm wondering if that extends to Rayquaza, and the possibility of us seeing a Mega-Rayquaza. Especially since now that we're seeing Mega versions of legendaries, makes me wonder who else might be getting one. I guess the only others are the Regi-trio... but, I don't think they'd be doing trio-Megas anytime soon.

Then there's the Team Magma/Aqua designs. Now we specifically see Magma as more of the scientists (at least based on Maxie), with Aqua clearly being based on pirates. Which, definitely works. not sure if the idea to make them all "tan" is a bit much, but oh well. I do like the distinction of certain characters like Shelly, Tabitha, Matt, and Courtney. Since they really only had slightly different sprites and weren't anything to major (though, Shelly and Tabitha were actual characters in the anime). I kind of hope they expand upon their goals, and maybe see them a bit more often throughout the game. I kind of want them to have more involvement, and maybe base their actions on what goes on in Emerald, but still have one side trying to stop the other in their respective version.

Finally, I hope we get to see a good dozen more Mega-Evolutions. So far, we have a confirmed 6, so another 12 would do just fine. On top of that, since a bunch of Hoenn Pokemon already have Megas, that could be used on ones that really need it. Mega-Luvdisc perhaps? Mega-Swalot? Not just the popular ones, since X/Y pretty much got those out of the way. More variety here. And, maybe have a lot more Sinnoh Pokemon with Mega evolutions. Maybe even some Unova, since none of them got any :p.

So far, some really nice information we got today. Now I just want to see the game in action.

sirboulevard

Master Coordinator
...Brendan's hair is brown now...God damnit they better bring back customization or so help me. I am turning that hair right back to black. Why do you have to keep doing this nintendo...You better not change Lucas's hair to brown when you eventually remake Sinnoh...

Brendan's hair was Brown originally. Its just not easy to see it. Its most notable in his 3D Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness model.

XD_Brendan_Em.png

Ninfia-Fan

Primal Dialga from PMD2.

But, really, if Groudon and Kyogre get a Primal Devolution, then any logic, Rayquaza should get one too. Key word: logic - something GameFreak almost never uses...

It'll be interesting to see if the Primal Devolution will need some type of stone it probably will and if so, I wonder if the stone will be related to the Red/Blue Orbs.

Edit:

Some of us aren't willing to go through 250 pages of text, so if ideas are repeated, so be it.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Primal Dialga from PMD2.

But, really, if Groudon and Kyogre get a Primal Devolution, then any logic, Rayquaza should get one too. Key word: logic - something GameFreak almost never uses...

It'll be interesting to see if the Primal Devolution will need some type of stone it probably will and if so, I wonder if the stone will be related to the Red/Blue Orbs.

Or, as I speculated earlier, the stones ARE the Orbs.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I like May's redesign quite a bit, but Brendan's is terrible in my opinion. He looks cross-eyed imo. :x

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I like May's redesign quite a bit, but Brendan's is terrible in my opinion. He looks cross-eyed imo. :x

I like both redesigns, although May's bow bandana thing is a little too much.

I hope we can take our hats off in this game -.- EVERY character HAS to have some sort of hat... Can we just not have a hat for once???

Hiss13

Psychic Lover
I like both redesigns, although May's bow bandana thing is a little too much.

Honestly, I think that bow bandana is what makes me neutral to her design, at least. I loved the old bandana she used. Hell, even a hat would have been nice.

Kalosian

So long
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I feel the need to write what I think about the new info we got today.

First of all, I'm glad Sceptile and Swampert are getting Mega evolutions, this means Blaziken won't be unique in the starter trio regarding that. Mega Diancie is something I found unexpected but very positive, hopefully this means more Pokemon from generations 5-6 will be getting Mega evolutions too. The designs were fine, Diancie looks awesome, Sceptile is pretty cool but Swampert didn't appeal to me that much. Though I guess that like with most other things, it will grow on me once I actually get the game and see it in action. Lightningrod is also a really cool ability for Sceptile. The new things for Kyogre/Groudon also seem interesting.

The character designs for Team Magma/Aqua look awesome to me, I don't mind Maxie being a bit similar to Lysandre. As for the player character designs... I guess that what I don't like is the artwork itself, rather than the designs. Don't know why, but most character artwork for the newer generations has been hit or miss for me, and this was not a hit. As for the designs themselves, I have no real problems with them. I do prefer Brendan's hat having more spikes in the older artwork but that's just a minor thing. Regarding May, I was never a fan of her original design but this seems like a small step up. Like with all playable characters, I have to play the games in order to actually judge them properly. Would love to be able to customize them a bit though, hoping that returns. Steven looks similar to how he has always looked, and that's a good thing to me.

As for the other things... the return of the bikes could be either good or bad, there were very few instances in the originals where I felt that I needed both so it will hopefully be the same here. But I would love to be able to have both at the same time. Keeping the evil teams like in the originals was expected and I don't have a problem with it. Most importantly, these images seem to confirm one of the most import things for me, that the horrible Pokemon following the player from HG/SS isn't returning. That was the main thing I was worried about regarding these remakes, and I'm glad it seems like it won't be another disaster with that like last time. I could be wrong about this, but if it still somehow returns, I would be okay with it if they just made it optional.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
wait, people are complaining about character designs that are likely customizable?

I don't think they will be customizable. What are they going to do to the old May and Brendan? Surely not much besides clothing really, but I doubt it will happen. I am sure every game after 6th gen that are not re-makes will have the Customization option though.

Status
Not open for further replies.