• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

I'm guessing that the trapdoor Gym might be the Dewford Gym since one of the background characters kind of resembles a Battle Girl.

There were Battle Girls in Wattson and Flannery's gyms. They used Meditite's with Thunder and Fire Punch.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I said that too, but some people think it's Flannery's actually. Which makes a little sense.

Well there seems to be water around, which I think would suit Brawly's surfer motif. Not sure how rocks and water suit Flannery's Gym. :x

Pilpulp

美的
Well there seems to be water around, which I think would suit Brawly's surfer motif. Not sure how rocks and water suit Flannery's Gym. :x

The only reason I think Flannery is because of the ledges and the traps. Other than that, it seems like it'd suit Brawly.

tsugaru

aaaaaaaaaaaa
Not sure if this means anything to anyone, but backiepack.jpg
In the official art for her, the backpack (or purse....bag....thing) is green on the bottom, or at least on the sides. This isn't the case for the bag in this screenshot I think?

tsugaru

aaaaaaaaaaaa
Because character art=/= ingame model.

I realize that, but often the case when the character art doesn't match up with the model its usually a v small detail like how many laces a shoe has or something, if this isn't just a simplification of the bag from the art it's kinda a weird thing to change imo.

I think as far as expanding the regional Dex goes, at best we might only get Gallade, Probopass, Magnezone, Budew, Roserade, Dusknoir, Chingling, Rhyperior, and Froslass (and maybe others if I forgot anyone). HGSS only added some of the additional evolutions to the already existing regional Dex (Yanmega, Mamoswine, etc.) and didn't throw in any otherwise unrelated Pokémon (such as Tropius, Lucario, etc.; basically any Pokémon that had nothing to do with any others that existed in Gen II). Of course, this doesn't mean they won't expand the Dex with other new Pokémon before obtaining the national Dex, but I'm not planning on getting my hopes up about anything other than what I listed.

The only reason I think Flannery is because of the ledges and the traps. Other than that, it seems like it'd suit Brawly.

It has the traps just like Flannery's gym, not to mention the whole hot spring thing, which is the specialty of Lavaridge Town...

LizardonX

Banned
I realize that, but often the case when the character art doesn't match up with the model its usually a v small detail like how many laces a shoe has or something, if this isn't just a simplification of the bag from the art it's kinda a weird thing to change imo.

It's just a bag. Granted since it is located a part of May's body a large portion of the fanbase will be heavily scrutinizing for various reasons it would be more noticeable, but at the end of the day it's just a bag.

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
As much as I think trainer customization was really cool, I believe it was really a Kalos region feature what with fashion being huge over there. Hoenn most likely will have us stick with the designated trainers May and Brenden.

tsugaru

aaaaaaaaaaaa
It's just a bag. Granted since it is located a part of May's body a large portion of the fanbase will be heavily scrutinizing for various reasons it would be more noticeable, but at the end of the day it's just a bag.

Alright, that's true. Everyone's just grabbing at straws for trainer customization to be back it seems, myself included.

Zoldakin

I just wonder how the PSS will work now with set characters. Here's hoping to Nintendo trolls who used the same model for the trailer to purposefully avoid letting out there was character customization.

tsugaru

aaaaaaaaaaaa
I just wonder how the PSS will work now with set characters. Here's hoping to Nintendo trolls who used the same model for the trailer to purposefully avoid letting out there was character customization.
I was thinking if customization wasn't an option then the customization of the PSS avatars would be an option (as in choosing from a bunch of preset avatars or making a custom one) but tbh that'd be kinda disappointing.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste

They might have been. If I remeber correctly all the trailers last year for XY only showed the player characters in the basic set up until the footage that reveled there was Character Customization was shown. So there is a chance they just not ready to revel that they are keeping customization so they are going with the standard look.

Zoldakin

They might have been. If I remeber correctly all the trailers last year for XY only showed the player characters in the basic set up until the footage that reveled there was Character Customization was shown. So there is a chance they just not ready to revel that they are keeping customization so they are going with the standard look.

I am hoping this is true so badly. Character customization was just such a new and refreshing feature to pokemon games.

I am really hoping the night time is more noticeable in ORAS. I was hoping we would get some night time footage in the trailer.

Chandreigon

Pokemon Master
Might be a bit late to the map chat discussion, but this is all that I could tell that had changed. I think in addition to whatever the clouds are hiding, this could be pretty good.
New islands on the left,
an extra entrance at granite cave,
abandoned ship was expanded
mauville got an upgrade,
the area near the winston house is a bit wider,
new island above the weather institute,
new area above mt coronet,
distortion world thing,
more spacing between lilycove and sootopolis,
mossdeep and evergrande get an upgrade,
new islands below sootopolis and around pacifiglog.
Also an aeshetic change expanding the river near route 103 (yellow in picture).

Hoenn map changes.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.