• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCVM22

I would like it if our Pokemon followed us like in Pokemon Hg/Ss

Following Pokémon were featured as partner to the Walker and that their sprite set served a greater purpose in being used in the Pokéthlon was a significant factor.

Neither of those are the case here, and adding another constantly animating 3D model to every second of the overworld - including particuarly complex ones as Pokémon designs demand - would further strain the 3DS hardware that was already huffing and puffing in a few places in X/Y.

It was a fun addition to HG/SS that coincided with greater purposes and not something we should expect to see return.

RAMBOTX713

Following Pokémon were featured as partner to the Walker and that their sprite set served a greater purpose in being used in the Pokéthlon was a significant factor.

Neither of those are the case here, and adding another constantly animating 3D model to every second of the overworld - including particuarly complex ones as Pokémon designs demand - would further strain the 3DS hardware that was already huffing and puffing in a few places in X/Y.

It was a fun addition to HG/SS that coincided with greater purposes and not something we should expect to see return.

That's a bummer if i cant have that I ask for a better Amie system to actually do stuff with Pokemon and not have it be tedious.

Lugar

I hope Castform gets a sandstorm form since weather ball can become rock type i never understood why he doesn't change.And i think Ludicolo and Shiftry will be the next Megas to be revealed,would be kinda cool if Ludicolo gets Drizzle and Shiftry turn Grass/Fire with Drought.

Last edited:
What they seriously need to do is let pokebank transfer at least mega stones if not items, its so tedious to have to rely on a friends game or 3ds to trade them over.

This. This so much.
For people like me who usually only buy one version they are extremely hard to come by. Their value is extreme, often I see people only wanting other stones back, which makes collecting very hard. On the top of that you can't even search the GTS for cheap trades because their is no item filter. I mean, I find it harder to obtain a Mega Pinsir than Xerneas, something I find very wrong.
So giving us the ability to transfer the ones we already have without relying on a friend wouldn't be too much to ask. Or at least make all of them available in one game.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Yeah, as someone who plays Pokémon, but doesn't have a second 3DS or has anyone around me that plays it due to now living in a remote area, it's pretty much impossible for me to get stuff between games. I had hopes PokéBank would allow us to at least trade valuable items such as Mega Stones, but they don't. I get that they want us to trade etc. but for some of us it's just not possible, even though we have both versions of the game.

Firebrand

Indomitable
On the subject of GBA sounds, I think it's doubtful that we'll see that this game, for reasons someone pointed out a few days back. GSC used synthesized sounds whereas HGSS used orchestral arrangements because the hardware allowed for that now. RSE still used synthesized sounds, but they were synthesized to sound orchestral. I think we'll just see a remastering of the RSE soundtrack with actual instruments. Not to mention that GBA music would sound very tinny and weird coming out of the more powerful 3DS speakers.

Red

Not the color

A way around this is to only have a select few Pokemon be able to follow you, like starters+evos, and maybe even pikachu for nestolgia's sake. Surely that can't hurt?

joe_alker

A way around this is to only have a select few Pokemon be able to follow you, like starters+evos, and maybe even pikachu for nestolgia's sake. Surely that can't hurt?

That would be like Amity Square in DPPt. But that really annoyed me, as you were only allowed 'Cute' Pokémon.

"You mean I can have my Torterra following me because it's CUTE yet I can't have a Shaymin following me because apparently it isn't cute enough."

Rykel22

Info Gatherer
I'm curious about how we'll learn Secret Power, it ain't a TM anymore.

Photonkrios95

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The one thing I'm really hoping for right now is that we get new Sugimori artwork for all of the Gen III pokemon since the original ones are starting to look a little outdated compared to the designs from Gens IV-VI. I think the new artwork for the starters almost confirms it, but the fact that they use the original RSE designs on the starters' page rather than new ones has me a little concerned

The one thing I'm really hoping for right now is that we get new Sugimori artwork for all of the Gen III pokemon since the original ones are starting to look a little outdated compared to the designs from Gens IV-VI. I think the new artwork for the starters almost confirms it, but the fact that they use the original RSE designs on the starters' page rather than new ones has me a little concerned

This is my main concern as well right now.
I have been looking forward to updated artwork for a long time. The gen III artwork are the oldest ones in use. However as the starters and mascots use the old artwork I am concerned. The new starter artwork might just be promotial art. However I really hope I am wrong.
On a related note; I think Torchic's new art makes it look braindead.

Grey Wind

Nice find.
I am looking forward to see what they do with them. Especially now that so much of the communication is over WiFi.
Hopefully they're bigger this time around, I remember tons of the bases had like holes in the floor and stuff and it was really annoying trying to find a good base. I hope record mixing or something similar comes back too, being able to battle your friends' teams was awesome.

I'm curious about how we'll learn Secret Power, it ain't a TM anymore.
There'll probably be a specific tutor like with Headbutt.

I doubt we'll get new art, the Hoenn art isn't that outdated and is in the same style as recent games (whereas RBY and GSC used different styles).

Last edited:
On a related note; I think Torchic's new art makes it look braindead.
Haha, my thoughts exactly.

But yeah, I'm rooting for new art too, but I guess there's no actual "need" for it, and it doesn't look like it's going to happen anyway. The starters always get new art so that's not anything new. Sigh.

LordSerperior

My desire is that we will get Gen 2 Starters in the game. And hopefully they'll have megas.

Yup my biggest desire after Wally getting a cool new look, his design looked very basic compared to others in RSE.
We might get the gen 2 starters from professor birch the way we did in RSE but I'd really want them to get megas but I know it's not very likely, they'll probably get em in gen 7 but I can wish

Arcanineblitz

Im guessing the attack groudon used in the trailer is a,dual type fire/ground type move from the looks of it

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I just hope that they give another free trial for pokebank. If they don't, i'm not able to transfer anything to ORAS :(

Status
Not open for further replies.