• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceManC86

Man of the Paradox
As i didn't play XY, this made me wonder, when in the game can you trade over pokemon? Is it possible from the beginning?
when does pokebank kick in? Post first gym? I assume that pokebank will be the most viable transfer item.

WaterMasterDD

Water Trainer
In X and Y you can trade as soon as you have the Pokédex and 2 Pokémon, and you can use Pokébank as soon as you have the 'dex. I imagine it will be the same for these games?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
In X and Y you can trade as soon as you have the Pokédex and 2 Pokémon, and you can use Pokébank as soon as you have the 'dex. I imagine it will be the same for these games?

Presumably so; Game Freak seems to be trending toward cutting out more and more useless restrictions every game, though they've still got a ways to go.

I wonder who, besides me, would like to see Primal Kyurem? As in, before Reshiram and Zekrom split off from him, when they were all one massive Pokémon. Either that or an upgrade to the DNA Splicers, to allow for a three-way Absofusion. Yeah, it might be slightly OP'd, but I'd still like to see it. x3

LordSerperior

I wonder who, besides me, would like to see Primal Kyurem? As in, before Reshiram and Zekrom split off from him, when they were all one massive Pokémon. Either that or an upgrade to the DNA Splicers, to allow for a three-way Absofusion. Yeah, it might be slightly OP'd, but I'd still like to see it. x3

Yeah that has crossed my mind but I'd prefer a primal reversion or some fancy new name for the transformation and not absofusion. I prefer if they just do a complete version of Kyurem with ice and not Reshiram and Zekrom cuz B/W-Kyurem are quite unappealing visually

Akashin

Yeah that has crossed my mind but I'd prefer a primal reversion or some fancy new name for the transformation and not absofusion. I prefer if they just do a complete version of Kyurem with ice and not Reshiram and Zekrom cuz B/W-Kyurem are quite unappealing visually

Be that as it may (I like BW Kyurem a lot personally, but to each his own), Primal Reversion wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for Kyurem. Zekrom and Reshiram are the power he lost, so Absofusion made perfect sense for him thematically. With that said, I doubt we'll ever see the truly complete form of the Tao Trio.

I want them to make Primal Mamoswine. They would have to make him worth the while with Thick Fat (maybe) and bulkier stats.
The Ancient Power evolutions(Piloswine, Tangela and Yanma) do already tap into their ancestors' lost power. Making these pokémon first tap into their ancestors' lost power(Ancient Power evolution), then tap into said ancestors' lost individual power(Primal Reversion) would be repetitive.

Lugar

I've been waiting since i read the lore in B/W i hope they don't forget about it and do something a la Regigigas introducing him in another game/gen than the one he was meant to.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
This should definitely be a thing. And I wouldn't object to Primal versions of every fossil Pokemon either. I want Kabutops to be viable so much.

Fossil Pokémon never lost any power. They may have lost their appearance, but that's speculation according to in-universe scientists. If anything, Kabutops would gain a Mega Evolution; there is no sense in giving it the Legendary trick. Also, it seems extremely unlikely that Kabutops was a contemporary of Groudon and Kyogre who lived very, very early on in the world's history when the planet was overflowing with raw energy.

This, also, would not make sense. If anything, it would have to be a Primal Original Kyurem, with Reshiram and Zekrom already fused into it, because as Endless said, Reshiram and Zekrom are the power that Kyurem lost. The whole idea behind Kyurem is that it is a void that desires to be refilled. And again, same thing. It seems unlikely that even the Original Dragon would have been Groudon and Kyogre's contemporary, as its lore, as far as we know of, does not date back that far.

Primal Genesect. That's all I want. Primal Genesect.

Genesect didn't lose any power, though. It gained it. What you are suggesting would most likely be a Forme, and it would only make Genesect weaker.

Seriously guys, read the lore.

Last edited:

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Genesect didn't lose any power, though. It gained it. What you are suggesting would most likely be a Forme, and it would only make Genesect weaker.

Seriously guys, read the lore.

Seriously. Stop! Let me dream.

I said "Primal" and not "Forme" since it can also be called Prehistoric Genesect which is exactly what I want. Yeah, Team Plasma made it a beast as a "machine" but maybe it could be more powerful by improving its "organic" capabilities (left behind due to the "transformation") and ditching its Steel type (aka TP's interventions).

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I said "Primal" and not "Forme" since it can also be called Prehistoric Genesect which is exactly what I want. Yeah, Team Plasma made it a beast as a "machine" but maybe it could be more powerful by improving its "organic" capabilities (left behind due to the "transformation") and ditching its Steel type (aka TP's interventions).

Context is key. "Primal," as it refers to "Primal Reversion," doesn't just mean "prehistoric" or "ancient." Groudon and Kyogre lived during the world's earliest years and drew energy from the planet itself in order to achieve a higher level of power. Through Primal Reversion, they are able to regain that power.

Genesect, on the other hand, was only around circa 300 million years ago, and it is not known to have drawn energy from the planet in order to augment its power. It was powerful all on its own and, like any Fossil Pokémon, it did not lose any of that power upon revival.

On a speculative level, it also seems as if a Colored Orb is required in order to achieve Primal Reversion, and Genesect does not have one of those.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Context is key. "Primal," as it refers to "Primal Reversion," doesn't just mean "prehistoric" or "ancient." Groudon and Kyogre lived during the world's earliest years and drew energy from the planet itself in order to achieve a higher level of power. Through Primal Reversion, they are able to regain that power.

Genesect, on the other hand, was only around circa 300 million years ago, and it is not known to have drawn energy from the planet in order to augment its power. It was powerful all on its own and, like any Fossil Pokémon, it did not lose any of that power upon revival.

On a speculative level, it also seems as if a Colored Orb is required in order to achieve Primal Reversion, and Genesect does not have one of those.

But Game Freak pretty much said that Primal Evolution could also be referred as Primeval or Prehistoric. It sends the Pokémon to its prehistoric state which means that theoretically it could be possible to get Prehistoric Genesect without all those Team Plasma's interventions. It could regain the power that was stolen from Team Plasma's modifications that turn it more robotic and less organic.

A Mega Evolution also needs a special orb and all those who got it didn't have it in the first place. It was all created for its purpose and I guess the Red and Blue Orbs (Omega Orb and Alpha Orb or something like that now, right?) were conveniently used to activate Kyogre's and Groudon's prehistoric forme.

I believe that Rayquaza will also get a Devolution to follow them and it has no orb from R/S/E to be related to. Maybe all this concept is far less complex and in the end Game Freak can choose way more freely which Pokémon they want to "revive" its ancient and more powerful stade.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
But Game Freak pretty much said that Primal Evolution could also be referred as Primeval or Prehistoric.

No they didn't.

It sends the Pokémon to its prehistoric state

Again, you're generalizing "juiced up on planetary energy" as "old."

I believe that Rayquaza will also get a Devolution to follow them and it has no orb from R/S/E to be related to.

It has one from HGSS, though.

Maybe all this concept is far less complex and in the end Game Freak can choose way more freely which Pokémon they want to "revive" its ancient and more powerful stade.

Then why be so irresponsible as to write the story behind it in the first place? It's just sloppy.

But Game Freak pretty much said that Primal Evolution could also be referred as Primeval or Prehistoric. It sends the Pokémon to its prehistoric state which means that theoretically it could be possible to get Prehistoric Genesect without all those Team Plasma's interventions. It could regain the power that was stolen from Team Plasma's modifications that turn it more robotic and less organic.

A Mega Evolution also needs a special orb and all those who got it didn't have it in the first place. It was all created for its purpose and I guess the Red and Blue Orbs (Omega Orb and Alpha Orb or something like that now, right?) were conveniently used to activate Kyogre's and Groudon's prehistoric forme.

I believe that Rayquaza will also get a Devolution to follow them and it has no orb from R/S/E to be related to. Maybe all this concept is far less complex and in the end Game Freak can choose way more freely which Pokémon they want to "revive" its ancient and more powerful stade.

The term Primal Reversion is the official one. GF has never used anything else. Primeval and Ancient (and Atomic) were just other translations of their Japanese title before we got an English one.

We might see Genesect's original design some day, but I am nearly certain it won't be through Primal Reversion. Primal Reversion is all about gathering energy that has been lost over the years. To restore oneself to one's prime.
Genesect is at its prime right now. It is stated that Team Plasma upgraded Genesect upon revival. The original is not as strong as the one in the present day. Giving Genesect a Mega Stone/Primal Orb/whatever just so it can downgrade to its prehistoric self would be extremely bizarre.

Last edited:

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
About the hypothetical Primal Genesect:

No they didn't.

I was talking about the translated info from Game Freak told to CoroCoro. Even Serebii has it on its website so it can be food for thought on the subject.

It has one from HGSS, though.

Again: "from R/S/E". The games they are remaking.

There was no need to have an orb in the past to change a Pokémon. See Mega Evolution. There was no orb and yet it happened.

Then why be so irresponsible as to write the story behind it in the first place? It's just sloppy.

Because you only know the story behing Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon?

You don't know if in the end the concept has fewer rules than we imagine. Primal Genesect can somehow happen if Game Freak wants it to happen. They just have to create an orb and a story behind it. It's that simple.

gamer_legend

Primal Genesect. WHAT IF, Genesect's primal form is Kabutops?

Hahaha! It is possible. What I don't get is why people look at Kabutops rock/Genesects steel typing like it's a defining characteristic. I'd assume that any Pokemon that had it's DNA embedded within rocks for millions of years would have it mutated to become part of it's typing in a similar manner to how I believe Genesects steel typing is not it's native type but actually due to the modifications Team Plasma made to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.