• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby V Alex

Why are people making a big deal about Wally's Mega-Evolution (let alone, IF he's even going to get a Mega Bracelet)? To argue that Wally should have Mega Gardevoir just "fits" is a poor one, because it's dependent on subjective taste. One might think that it just fits Wally, but it's not going to be the same for everyone else.

If I remember correctly, Wally's Ralts was determined by RNG, so he could have gotten either a female or male Ralts. That being said, if we assume that Wally gets a Mega-Evo item, why not make the mega stone dependent on which Ralts Wally gets? That way, we satisfy that people that want him to have a Mega Gallade or a Mega Gardevoir.

I'm part of the ones who want Wally to have a Gardevoir because it fits, and it's not just a matter of taste, Gardevoir is said to protect it's trainer from danger

It has the power to predict the future. Its power peaks when it is protecting its Trainer. - FireRed/LeafGreen Pokedex entry

So Wally beeing a sick kid who goes in a journey around Hoenn must need a pokémon who protects him, and wich better than Gardevoir? I truly believe that was the main reason behind why GF gave him a Gardevoir in first place. Yes, Gallade's pokedex entry says he protects people too, but as the "Embrace Pokémon" Gardevoir fits better to Wally's situation.

On the other hand, the Ralts that wally gets could be female or male, or even shiny, but in the final evolution it will always be a regular male Gardevoir.

mychemro

Dragon Trainer
Im curious to see how Cross Compatibility with XY will work. I hope that since the 3DS can update games that they'll be able to add in Mega Metagross and other features. It kind of sucked not being able to battle against Origin Form Giritina in Gen 4 because the lack of updates.

Rykel22

Info Gatherer
Im curious to see how Cross Compatibility with XY will work. I hope that since the 3DS can update games that they'll be able to add in Mega Metagross and other features. It kind of sucked not being able to battle against Origin Form Giritina in Gen 4 because the lack of updates.

I think, with the emphasis given to graphics in this gen as the 1st game on the 3ds, that they have to release a patch to allow the new mega to appear on X&Y games. I just hope they open up the item moving feature on Pokebank as I only have one 3ds and won't be able to move my mega stones to another game.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I think, with the emphasis given to graphics in this gen as the 1st game on the 3ds, that they have to release a patch to allow the new mega to appear on X&Y games. I just hope they open up the item moving feature on Pokebank as I only have one 3ds and won't be able to move my mega stones to another game.

Hope so. I can't imagine they won't let use the megas from ORAS in battles with X and Y. Also on the subject of transferring items many people on here can help you out with that since you only have 1 3ds by holding out to the items/pokemon for you until you are ready with the new game. Check the trade forums, there should be something like that in there.

Ti4558

So what do you guys think of the odds of each E4 member getting megas?

Last edited:

mychemro

Dragon Trainer
So what do you guys think of the odds of each E4 member getting megas?

On the first go Id say slim. But for rematches id say without a doubt!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Regarding Wally, now that trainer gender isn't always the same as their Pokemon's gender, I hope this time Wally's Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir is always female :p

mychemro

Dragon Trainer
Is there any evidence to substantiate this? I really hope you do if you're going to say that it's certain that they would have Megas during the rematches.

Well, if they are going to base the E4 off of Emerald, then 3 of the 5 members have at least one pokemon on their teams that are capable of Mega Evolution, the exceptions being Glacia and Drake. They did have team changes in HGSS when the E4 were re-challenged, they could possibly add pokemon that are capable of Mega Evolution in ORAS. Just speculation.

Yurimin

Snowflake Trainer
Well, if they are going to base the E4 off of Emerald, then 3 of the 5 members have at least one pokemon on their teams that are capable of Mega Evolution, the exceptions being Glacia and Drake. They did have team changes in HGSS when the E4 were re-challenged, they could possibly add pokemon that are capable of Mega Evolution in ORAS. Just speculation.

This sounds somewhat reasonable. They can probably give Glacia a Mega Abonasnow and Drake a Mega... Ampharos? Garchomp?
Personally, I'm not expecting any Megas for the E4 (both on the first go and on the rematches), but I wouldn't be too surprised if they had them in the rematches

Impreza

I don't know, part of me wants the E4 to have Megas because first of all, they're awesome, and second, XY didn't have enough NPCs with megas. If I remember correctly, there was only Korrina, Lysandre, Diantha, and Calem/Serena with Mega Pokemon... which, in my opinion, isn't enough. Giving each member of the E4 would help remedy this.

But at the same time, it'd make the Champion battle feel a lot more climactic and epic if they were the only member of the League with a Mega. I definitely think Megas should be more common in the game, but I don't know how I feel about regular E4 members having one. Honestly I just want a much more challenging E4 than XY had.

Last edited:

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Yeah, give Mega's to the rival, Wally, possibly Norman (not for the Gym battle but for a new out-of-gym battle), Archie, Maxie and Steven. Possibly Wallace on the off chance he's not a Gym Leader. That's just 6/7 people in game including the player (Seeming you don't battle both Archie/Maxie in one game - at least we didn't in RS)

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
But in the final evolution it will always be a regular male Gardevoir.

Really? where's your proof? Now that the Pokedex has expanded, he has a 50/50 chance of having either Gallade/Gardevoir and there's even the 50/50 chance of Wally having a Mega Stone or not. Anyway, my desire is to have Gym Leaders from other regions making a cameo appearance (like Drayden).

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Really? where's your proof? Now that the Pokedex has expanded, he has a 50/50 chance of having either Gallade/Gardevoir and there's even the 50/50 chance of Wally having a Mega Stone or not. Anyway, my desire is to have Gym Leaders from other regions making a cameo appearance (like Drayden).

He was talking about RSE...where Wally will always have a Male Gardevoir in the Victory Road battle

The Majestic Mr L

The Green Thunder
Regarding Wally, now that trainer gender isn't always the same as their Pokemon's gender, I hope this time Wally's Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir is always female :p
There's always the chance he'll get a Key Stone and Mega Evolve his Gardevoir, too.
As for me, I'm hoping there will be some non-Hoenn Megas. Preferably, Skarmory, maybe Dragonite with its Dragoniteiteite, Luxray, and Weavile.

Photonkrios95

Or just they each have a non-XY Mega we have yet to be seen, given that 2/5 off them have already.

Pokemon_2509

Some features i would like to see.

I would like Game Freak to incorporate the stuff from Emerald into this. Battle Frontier, Southern Island, Naval Rock, Birth Island, Faraway Island, catching Kyogre and Groudon.

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
I'm glad that they've shown Super Secret Bases and Contest Pikachu Cosplay because there's such an emphasis on Mega Evolutions. You can only use one Mega Evolution in battle so even though I'm excited for Mega Metagross and Mega Swampert, but I'd rather they showcase the Battle Frontier and other new features in the game rather than all these Mega Evolutions.

The Majestic Mr L

The Green Thunder
I would like Game Freak to incorporate the stuff from Emerald into this. Battle Frontier, Southern Island, Naval Rock, Birth Island, Faraway Island, catching Kyogre and Groudon.

I'm glad that they've shown Super Secret Bases and Contest Pikachu Cosplay because there's such an emphasis on Mega Evolutions. You can only use one Mega Evolution in battle so even though I'm excited for Mega Metagross and Mega Swampert, but I'd rather they showcase the Battle Frontier and other new features in the game rather than all these Mega Evolutions.
I am hoping they bring back the events and other features. I never played Ruby until about a year and a half ago so I never knew about the events and stuff back then. And I do agree they should add something besides a bunch of Mega Evos. Maybe bring back the Move Tutors?

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I'm also hoping they pull a Celebi and give Jirachi an event with it's own subplot or even just allow us to catch one on our own since it's now the only "chibi" mythical that isn't possible to get with your ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.