• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akashin

I also think that the restriction of one Mega per team was needed for balancing competitive battling. However I would have wished that they at least tried to make a reason for this restriction in the games. If I remember correctly not a single NPC tries to explain it. Since balance is an important theme in Hoenn I think they could expand on it here, especially since it is confirmed that we will learn more about Mega Evolution. I'm not asking for much, something as cliche as "being power-hungry is wrong" would be enough for me.

I've always assumed that, because Mega Evolution requires your Keystone to connect with your Pokemon's Mega Stone, you can only do so with one Pokemon at a time and that there's a cool down of sorts before you can do it again. It made sense to me, anyway.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
You can't just stuff any water type down into the diving areas, though. There's no way that pond turtles or small crocodiles would find themselves at the bottom of the ocean. However, we could grab some Crawdaunt or Octillery, maybe even Alomomola down there for some diversity.

There's quite a few Pokemon I could see fitting in underwater areas. Besides the ones you mentioned, I think Finneon and Clauncher/Skrelp would be good.

BurningWhiteKyurem

I hope that players will have the opportunity to Mega evolve again even after a previous Pokémon gets knocked out.
In X/Y, once you Mega-evolved, that was it. Period. Until the next battle. I can understand why they don't have where you can Mega-evolve multiple Pokémon at the same time, so that's why I'm hoping for at least the ability to evolve one more time after a Mega gets knocked out. Otherwise, it's just a little annoying having multiple Pokémon hold their respective Mega-stones when you won't be able to use most of them anyway. They could be holding a type-booster item or berry instead.

Having the ability to mega evolve twice is quite silly, to be honest. Especially considering that Megaevolutions, mechanically speaking, are akin to momentum shifters whenever players are losing advantage (unless the megaevolution itself fulfills a specific role). Having multiple Pokemon carrying mega stones is sloppy teambuilding.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I also think that the restriction of one Mega per team was needed for balancing competitive battling.

Pretty much, yeah. In the VGCs, you are not allowed to use more than one of an item, so the same principle applies to Mega Evolutions, with an Mega Stone team being equal to a whole Choice Scarf or Life Orb team, but with less repercussions and mostly less of a reward.

Edit:
There's quite a few Pokemon I could see fitting in underwater areas. Besides the ones you mentioned, I think Finneon and Clauncher/Skrelp would be good.
Qwilfsih and Mantine can work too.

Last edited:

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Having the ability to mega evolve twice is quite silly, to be honest. Especially considering that Megaevolutions, mechanically speaking, are akin to momentum shifters whenever players are losing advantage (unless the megaevolution itself fulfills a specific role). Having multiple Pokemon carrying mega stones is sloppy teambuilding.

^This.
Not only is it sloppy teambuilding, it wouldn't be fun at all. I like having one Mega per team because it forces you to use that one Pokemon wisely. Besides, giving 3 Pokemon megastones on one team isn't a good idea anyway

Crazedyanma

Cyclipse
I'm not holding my breath on this one, but I would hope GF includes both Juan AND Wallace by placing one of them in Omega Ruby and the other in Alpha Sapphire. Ingenious, yes?

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
I'm not holding my breath on this one, but I would hope GF includes both Juan AND Wallace by placing one of them in Omega Ruby and the other in Alpha Sapphire. Ingenious, yes?

Well, if they decide to make a Emerald remake, they would probably just stick Juan in that one.

Toy Soldier Mafia

A Juan cameo is totally possible. But I doubt he will be a gym leader. Since they're going with Steven for champion, Wallace will probably still be the final gym leader, making Juan either just sort of there or work him into the story another way. Possibly in contests.

Crazedyanma

Cyclipse
saPower1000- That's even less likely, don't you think? We already know previous titles weren't remade twice (probably due to time constraints and other reasons). In any case, Juan's absence wouldn't deter me. Actually, I think these remakes could potentially outsell X & Y. Though, polishing the minor details would absolutely guarantee their excellence.

Last edited:

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
saPower1000- That's even less likely, don't you think? We already know previous titles weren't remade twice (probably due to time constraints and other reasons). In any case, Juan's absence wouldn't deter me. Actually, I think these remakes could potentially outsell X & Y. Though, polishing the minor details would absolutely guarantee their excellence.

What do you mean remade twice? Emerald has never been remade, so it's perfectly possible. It's improbable though, although it'd be nice to see. I'd rather have Juan over Wallace, but I just don't see the point of him being around, unless he's in a contest like Toy Soldier Mafia said, or they add in another PWT like in B2W2, which would look super great with the upgrades to the visuals.

Crazedyanma

Cyclipse
What do you mean remade twice? Emerald has never been remade, so it's perfectly possible. It's improbable though, although it'd be nice to see. I'd rather have Juan over Wallace, but I just don't see the point of him being around, unless he's in a contest like Toy Soldier Mafia said, or they add in another PWT like in B2W2, which would look super great with the upgrades to the visuals.
To clarify, I meant previous generations.

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!

This talk about remakes immediatly made me think of FRLG, and what Gamefreak will do with those.
I mean, the general idea of making a remake is just that the Original can't be played on the newer gaming system anymore. However, FRLG is the first remake to fase such a problem...
I personally DO expect a reamke of FRLG, just because it seems right, and they don't have to stuff all the Pokemon that were uncatchable in XY into ORAS, which would be better I think
And I would love to see remade Sevii Islands

A Juan cameo is totally possible. But I doubt he will be a gym leader. Since they're going with Steven for champion, Wallace will probably still be the final gym leader, making Juan either just sort of there or work him into the story another way. Possibly in contests.

I personally believe that he would act something like Brycen in B2W2, only then with contests and stuff. This is what Bulbapedia says about Juan

Bulbapedia said:
Juan (Japanese: アダン Adan) is the Gym Leader of Sootopolis City's Gym, known officially as the Sootopolis Gym. He left his Gym in the care of his former student Wallace, but returned after Wallace moved up to the position of Pokémon League Champion, replacing Steven from previous versions. He gives the Rain Badge to Trainers who defeat him. He specializes in Water-type Pokémon.

In addition to being a Gym Leader, in the anime, Juan is also an accomplished Coordinator

I highlighted the interesting parts.
I can't wait to see what GF is doing with this :p

Last edited:

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
I personally DO expect a reamke of FRLG, just because it seems right, and they don't have to stuff all the Pokemon that were uncatchable in XY into ORAS, which would be better I think
And I would love to see remade Sevii Islands

Still waiting for the next Colosseum/Stadium.
Besides that though, both Juan and Wallace could be coordinators. They are both very... suitable for contests xD

LordSerperior

This talk about remakes immediatly made me think of FRLG, and what Gamefreak will do with those.
I mean, the general idea of making a remake is just that the Original can't be played on the newer gaming system anymore. However, FRLG is the first remake to fase such a problem...

A Kanto remake would have made sense if they hadn't put almost the entire Kanto dex in Kalos and even made the starters and legendaries available. The only ones we're left with are Mew, Porygon, Meowth and Ratata lines.

I highlighted the interesting parts.
I can't wait to see what GF is doing with this :p

Going by what you quoted Juan is an accomplished coordinator in the anime so that doesn't mean he is one in the games.

katelia

Graceful Elegance
I really hope they carry on the character customization from XY.
Also would love it if they brought in the previous gen Leaders and E4 again in some kind of master tournament too... though odds are definitely not looking good

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
A Kanto remake would have made sense if they hadn't put almost the entire Kanto dex in Kalos and even made the starters and legendaries available. The only ones we're left with are Mew, Porygon, Meowth and Ratata lines.
And the Koffing line :p
But IIRC, many of those Pokemon are only catchable in the Friend Safari, which some players don't have acces to...

Going by what you quoted Juan is an accomplished coordinator in the anime so that doesn't mean he is one in the games.
Well, he at least has somewhat of a coordinator background in our minds, so we shouldn't be surprised if he becomes a coordinator in the games.

Also would love it if they brought in the previous gen Leaders and E4 again in some kind of master tournament too... though odds are definitely not looking good
Many people want Character Custamization, but I don't get the big deal about that. I mean, if you play the game, you're most of the times in a battle. And no one complained about any designs UNTIL we were once offered a change to design. Then suddenly, everyone wanted to have it. I believe it is some sort of a Luxury Problem.

As for the tournament, that's not likely to happen, but we can always hope ^^

Last edited:

Xuxuba

I hope Juan is the leader in one version and Wallace is the leader in the other version. But if Juan is the leader, Wallace will compete against you as coordinator and if Wallace is the leader, Juan will compete against you as coordinator.

Me too!! I hope that after your trainer card becomes Gold you can compete in some kind of World Tournament. That would be awesome because it would give you motivation for defeating the BF, winning Contests and etc.

But i think it would be cool if it had better prizes than the BF too.

Last edited:

katelia

Graceful Elegance
Many people want Character Custamization, but I don't get the big deal about that. I mean, if you play the game, you're most of the times in a battle. And no one complained about any designs UNTIL we were once offered a change to design. Then suddenly, everyone wanted to have it. I believe it is some sort of a Luxury Problem.

As for the tournament, that's not likely to happen, but we can always hope ^^

Hmm not entirely true. Most of the time you're running around in your game, so you can see your character. Second, not all people are only interested in battling. I'm for example an appeal trainer who pays a lot more attention to looks than stats. I want my character to be unique like most people do.
Your reasoning could be used the other way around btw, BECAUSE there was no customization, people couldn't complain. It's been a long demand by many people to have a customizable character... and the Pokémon franchise has picked it up WAY TOO late in comparison to all other RPG games if you ask me.

I do agree on the tournament thing...
Actually I just want to see Cattleya again. orz

Me too!! I hope that after your trainer card becomes Gold you can compete in some kind of World Tournament. That would be awesome because it would give you motivation for defeating the BF, winning Contests and etc.

But i think it would be cool if it had better prizes than the BF too.

Glad you agree lol
Hmm dunno if that requirement is necessary, just beating the league would already be enough for me. xD

Last edited:

Xuxuba

Glad you agree lol
Hmm dunno if that requirement is necessary, just beating the league would already be enough for me. xD
Yeah, to be honest, i just hope we receive a reward for getting the golden trainer card. It could be pretty much anything.
Just like Gen V introduced the charms as rewards for completing the pokedex. That gave me a lot of motivation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.