• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I can only hope that the berry plots seen in one of the trailers are just a way of obtaining new berries, similar to the trees in X/Y. I just do not want a berry farm scattered across the region.

Hoenn's berry plots has always been scattered around the region, pretty sure they'll keep that.
But luckily for you, there are several berry plots right next to the Berry Master's house at Route 123. You can utilize that if you want a to farm a lot of berries in a single place.

...unless they change that, which appears to be the case if you look at the map. Let's hope it's a field expansion.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
the main problem with the Berry Master's set-up is you can't Fly there directly and there's grass and stuff on the way

though, I'd not be surprised if they expanded his thing with more stuff to make it major enough to warrant a Fly destination

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
Berry plots scattered around the region, and a main berry farm as well is the optimal solution, as it pleases everyone. (A composter would be a bonus, but I would not mind buying my own mulch.)

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So why can it not be both things? That is what I was hoping.
Berry plots scattered around the region, and a main berry farm as well. (A composter would be a bonus, but I would not mind buying my own mulch.)

It IS both.

I am basically suggesting that the fields beside the Berry Master's house can be utilized as your main berry farm if you prefer planting on just one place.

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
It IS both.

I am basically suggesting that the fields beside the Berry Master's house can be utilized as your main berry farm if you prefer planting on just one place.

I got what you were saying, it is just that my post was referring to the original conversation, but as I did not include any quotes, its distance from the original conversation made it appear as if I was replying directly to you and Excitable Boy, with my word choice implying that I did not understand. I will be sure to be more specific in the future, and I will be editing my post to convey my meaning better.

On-topic, I hope for Beldum to become available in the wild. Metang is more likely.

Last edited:

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
On-topic, I hope for Beldum to become available in the wild. Metang is more likely.
They may just put Beldum in the Safari Zone like they did with Larvitar in HGSS. For the wild though, I hope they change the family's catch rate especially when it's Beldum using Take Down. They should give Beldum Zen Headbutt and other moves regardless.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

We're almost certainly gonna get a Beldum for free at Steven's house again imo, so why does Beldum or its evolutions have to be wild as well?

This is pretty tiny but I think it would be a neat little change. In the animé you may find trainers wearing Pokéballs, be it on a clip-on accessory to the belt loop, hanging on the side of the bag, a sash worn over the shoulder...whatever. Anywho, that would be cool in game to see your Pokéballs on your character as you walk around. And it would be even cooler if you had a team in several types of balls, so you could see the masterball, heal ball, dusk ball, etc. And in the opening of a battle, the trainer would grab a particular Pokéball and throw it! ^ ^

Additionally, seeing the pokémon you put into the daycare would be cool. They wouldn't have to be the same fancy battle sprites. Just like the two Lucario seen in XY or the pokémon scampering about Lumiose City. Just IMO.

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
This is pretty tiny but I think it would be a neat little change. In the animé you may find trainers wearing Pokéballs, be it on a clip-on accessory to the belt loop, hanging on the side of the bag, a sash worn over the shoulder...whatever. Anywho, that would be cool in game to see your Pokéballs on your character as you walk around. And it would be even cooler if you had a team in several types of balls, so you could see the masterball, heal ball, dusk ball, etc. And in the opening of a battle, the trainer would grab a particular Pokéball and throw it! ^ ^

Additionally, seeing the pokémon you put into the daycare would be cool. They wouldn't have to be the same fancy battle sprites. Just like the two Lucario seen in XY or the pokémon scampering about Lumiose City. Just IMO.
I was thinking that they should sell Pokémon tshirts in real life that can be matched in game.I recently bought a pikachu t and wish I could wear one in-game. Coolest poke shirt I saw was a gengar shirt in Epcot japan

ShadowMaster666

Lord of Darkness
That's one thing I kinda miss having from the Johto games, being able to see the Pokemon I dropped off at the daycare. It'd be nice to have it back. Not important but a nice touch.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I got what you were saying, it is just that my post was referring to the original conversation, but as I did not include any quotes, its distance from the original conversation made it appear as if I was replying directly to you and Excitable Boy, with my word choice implying that I did not understand. I will be sure to be more specific in the future, and I will be editing my post to convey my meaning better.

I'd put it in Meteor Falls. But then, they should probably move Bagon as well, it wouldn't be very fun if you could catch both pseudo legends in the same place.

We're almost certainly gonna get a Beldum for free at Steven's house again imo, so why does Beldum or its evolutions have to be wild as well?

Why does Beldum have to be a post game bonus instead of a Pokemon that we can actually use on our teams?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
if Beldum is catchable in the wild, have fun working around its catch rate of 3 and its only move being Take Down

seriously, the thing is designed as a post-game bonus

Enjolras

Master of the House
Maybe they can work it in as a gift from Steven during the game, possibly as a tie in to Metagross' Mega evolution.

Thure

That's one thing I kinda miss having from the Johto games, being able to see the Pokemon I dropped off at the daycare. It'd be nice to have it back. Not important but a nice touch.

Very unlikely with the new graphics... Look at the pokemon in XY. They are all nearly as great as in reality. Only small pokemon would be able to walk behind you (and some of them would be hardly visible).

Yurimin

Snowflake Trainer
IMO Beldum is just going to be given to us by Steven like in the originals - it holding the Metagrossite or whatever. Seems logical to me

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
What if Steven is only champion the first time and after that you can rechallenge him often in Meteor Falls. Maybe after the first Falls battle he gives you the metagrossite?
After Steven moves to Meteor Falls, Wallace becomes champion for the remainder of time and Juan takes Wallace place at the gym? I can see this happen. Maybe Juan will have a sort of side quest?

I hope the S.S. Tidal will play a larger role in the games, just give it something more. Also the space center, give it something like real spacetravel (Jirachi!) or give it at least a secret basement.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
What if Steven is only champion the first time and after that you can rechallenge him often in Meteor Falls. Maybe after the first Falls battle he gives you the metagrossite?
After Steven moves to Meteor Falls, Wallace becomes champion for the remainder of time and Juan takes Wallace place at the gym? I can see this happen. Maybe Juan will have a sort of side quest?

I hope the S.S. Tidal will play a larger role in the games, just give it something more. Also the space center, give it something like real spacetravel (Jirachi!) or give it at least a secret basement.

This doesn't make any sense though. Why would they replace Wallace when you can never go through that Gym again.

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
IMO Beldum is just going to be given to us by Steven like in the originals - it holding the Metagrossite or whatever. Seems logical to me

I think that will happen and they will give us the chance to get a Beldum during the game too. HGSS had all Pokémon that were available in the originals available pre Elite 4. The example I use is Larvitar. Larvitar was available in his original location in HGSS (Mt. Silver, post game), but was also available pre E4 in the safari zone. I think there is a good chance we will find Beldum in the safari zone.

Xuxuba

I wish pokémons would say their names instead of screaming artificial noises.
But that's not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.