• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanthehuman

unknown at this time but I am assuming no. We couldn't breed the Spiky Eared Pichu and Pikachu Colored Pichu in 4th generation so I am assuming we can't here.

That's because Pichu as a species can't breed though, it's a baby after all. I reckon we will probably be able to breed it, but it will only produce a regular Pichu that will evolve into a regular Pikachu, which won't be able to be dressed up nor have access to any of the special moves.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I'm glad that horde encounters will be added to OR/AS. I'm also surprised about the trainer horde encounters, but maybe that'll be exclusive to Team Magma/Aqua battles.

I just want to see my horde of School Kids.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Honestly, I'm only using that Beldum for that Mega Stone. I will be using one I bred myself. I would have preferred it if they gave out a Mega that hints at the next installment ala Torchic (which I guess would be a Gen VI Mega).

And only 9? I'm guessing that those 9 include the following: Buneary, Lopunny, Dusknoir, Gallade, Froslass, Budew, Roserade and Rhyperior (I wonder what else?). I doubt they'll add in a place to evolve Probopass and Magnezone. I also wonder if they simply straight-up replaced some pokémon for a better distribution.

It wouldn't really make that much sense to only include 7/9 cross gen evos and one lone 4th gen family. New Mauville is perfect for Magnezone/Probopass.

I expect that the horde encounters will be used to help fix some of the problems that the later routes had; so instead of encountering a ton of over-leveled Oddish and Zigzagoon in the routes surrounding Fortree they can appear as horde encounters, whilst their evolved forms (and hopefully some extras like Breloom, Vigorith, Nuzleaf/Lombre, Pinsir and Heracross, etc.) can be found through regular encounters.

Let's hope so. Victory Road in particular would love this, half of the Pokemon there are pre evolved forms of the other half.

That's because Pichu as a species can't breed though, it's a baby after all. I reckon we will probably be able to breed it, but it will only produce a regular Pichu that will evolve into a regular Pikachu, which won't be able to be dressed up nor have access to any of the special moves.

But Spiky Eared Pichu couldn't evolve or be traded, it was essentially stuck as it is in your game forever. I'm hoping that's not the case with the Cosplay Pikachus.

R_N

Honestly, I'm only using that Beldum for that Mega Stone. I will be using one I bred myself. I would have preferred it if they gave out a Mega that hints at the next installment ala Torchic (which I guess would be a Gen VI Mega).

And only 9? I'm guessing that those 9 include the following: Buneary, Lopunny, Dusknoir, Gallade, Froslass, Budew, Roserade and Rhyperior (I wonder what else?). I doubt they'll add in a place to evolve Probopass and Magnezone. I also wonder if they simply straight-up replaced some pokémon for a better distribution.
The 9th would be Chingling, assuming Magnezone & Probopass aren't in the running

But I wonder if maybe this will be like Platinum, where the additions to the dex are put at the end, rather than BW2 where they were just redone.
I say this because otherwise this implies that the only additions are the evos (except for Magnezone & Probopass), pre-evos, and then Buneary & Lopunny

Which, uh. Kind of weird.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
But Spiky Eared Pichu couldn't evolve or be traded, it was essentially stuck as it is in your game forever. I'm hoping that's not the case with the Cosplay Pikachus.

You can presumably use a Light Ball on them. I don't think cosplay items are taken as items.

Since AZ's Floette was tradable, I guess these guys will be too, if they actually bother to patch them in. Or at the very least you will probably be able to deposit them in Pokémon Bank so you can trade them in to 7th generation.

R_N

If the Buneary line isn't in the regional dex, that means we're getting more post-game areas for sure right?

Not necessarily, they could just throw it in the safari zone expansion, or add it to the battle frontier (assuming it comes back)

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
The 9th would be Chingling, assuming Magnezone & Probopass aren't in the running

But I wonder if maybe this will be like Platinum, where the additions to the dex are put at the end, rather than BW2 where they were just redone.
I say this because otherwise this implies that the only additions are the evos (except for Magnezone & Probopass), pre-evos, and then Buneary & Lopunny

I agree that it's weird. I don't think that there will be a Platinum style Pdex extension. Might as well just scrap the regional dex altogether. Because adding something like Lopunny or Diancie, or other (seemingly) random picked Pokemon is more subjective because it's hard to say which Pokemon are a good fit for Hoenn and which aren't. These are remakes and I think the indications we have suggest that what we have is close to the New Johto Dex without excluding any related evolutions.

Photonkrios95

Not necessarily, they could just throw it in the safari zone expansion, or add it to the battle frontier (assuming it comes back)

And theres always the possibility of Swarms.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

I doubt they would go through the trouble of renumbering the dex only to just cram in new Pokemon at the end, it would be a waste of time to do both and it'd be really confusing.

The only way more Pokemon could work I think would be if they had multiple subdexes like XY.

Or make it a Swarm Pokemon. Really, there's all kinds of ways they could distribute it post game.

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
I doubt they would go through the trouble of renumbering the dex only to just cram in new Pokemon at the end, it would be a waste of time to do both and it'd be really confusing.

The only way more Pokemon could work I think would be if they had multiple subdexes like XY.

Or make it a Swarm Pokemon. Really, there's all kinds of ways they could distribute it post game.

I think that multiple subdexes are possible for these games, but unlikely. I just doubt they will make any outside of Hoenn (and related) pokemon available widely available. Though I have been hoping that this is how they handle it, only time will tell (though it seems we already know).

I just want to have the best mechanic ever made back
I want to walk with a pokemon following me.
That doesn't seem like a feature that will be returning anytime soon.

R_N

I completely forgot about swarms since XY didn't have them

really that'd be a novel way to add nat dex pokemon to the region without adding them to the hoenn dex but I doubt they'd ever do those kind of swarms in the main game. Would be nice if there were a few more options than just Skitty & Surskit

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I completely forgot about swarms since XY didn't have them

really that'd be a novel way to add nat dex pokemon to the region without adding them to the hoenn dex but I doubt they'd ever do those kind of swarms in the main game. Would be nice if there were a few more options than just Skitty & Surskit

But isn't the existence of Skitty and Surskit swarms good reason to bring back Swarms in the first place? I mean, the Swarms are already there, and there's only two of them. They're practically begging for more 4th, 5th, and 6th gen swarms.

R_N

But isn't the existence of Skitty and Surskit swarms good reason to bring back Swarms in the first place? I mean, the Swarms are already there, and there's only two of them. They're practically begging for more 4th, 5th, and 6th gen swarms.

No I mean yeah there will probably be swarms like that in the post game, I just think it'd be novel if say like

Dedenne

Dedenne won't be in the Hoenn dex, but maybe during the main game you could have swarms where out of region Pokemon can crop up, rather than in the post-game

TheEliteEmpoleon

I would like swarms throughout the whole game as well. It'd make it seem more realistic, if anything. I mean, why would random pokemon just start showing up convieniently right after I get the national dex?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Seeing that Salamence's Pokedex number jumps from 189 in RSE to 198 in ORAS confirms we will be getting a Hoenn dex expansion. Expecting the additions will be all the cross-gen evolutions and the Lopunny line, Dusknoir been one of the cross-gen evolutions since it appeared on Phoebe's team in a previous trailer.

Last edited:

AuraStorm13

Undaunted Explorer
Meh, I'm not expecting the Hoenn Dex to get a big expansion. HGSS had what, five additions to the Dex to accommodate for the Cross-Generation Evolutions. It'd be nice to get a expansion to the Hoenn Dex, but I'm not holding my breath for it. HGSS is still a fine game despite the Dex not getting many additions, so I'm still looking forward to ORAS even if they go minimalist with the Dex. I can see the Cross-Generation Evolutions, Regigigas, and maybe Lopunny's line alongside one or two more random families as well, but that's really all I can see easily happening at the moment with the information I've been given.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
I just hope that Horde battles now being confirmed we will get O-Powers back too.
Using Exp. O-Power 3 on the Route right before Victory Road against a Horde of Spinda while holding a Lucky Egg netted 7,000+ Exp per battle, and was very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.