• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I've personally never even played R/S/E so it's practically a new game for me too. XD
Just strapping myself in for the ride.

Its a tentacool and wingul fest that forces you to have surf on you almost all the time with some epic trumphets. I cant hear trumphets without associating them to wingull cry to this day.

Rio!

Composer
Its a tentacool and wingul fest that forces you to have surf on you almost all the time with some epic trumphets. I cant hear trumphets without associating them to wingull cry to this day.

I have heard there was quite a bit of surfing involved with annoying encounters, lol. X)
Oddly this makes me even more excited to experience this. :B

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I have heard there was quite a bit of surfing involved with annoying encounters, lol. X)
Oddly this makes me even more excited to experience this. :B

ORAS will have Repel prompts, so it won't be the same

you'd have to emulate the originals at this point

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi

[video=youtube;aEezCi7ucf4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEezCi7ucf4[/video]

That trumpet goodness (look up hoenn champion theme with all of the instruments replaced with trumpets xD )

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste

That trumpet goodness (look up hoenn champion theme with all of the instruments replaced with trumpets xD )

HHAAAA!!! That video is hilarious man. Especially like the picture with the Wingulls playing the Trumpets.

Rio!

Composer

I can see how that would be maddedning after a while. Especially if you run out of repels. o_0
That Pelipper tho. :B

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
I can see how that would be maddedning after a while. Especially if you run out of repels. o_0
That Pelipper tho. :B

mega pellpiper tho, peilpper is power, but diggerysby tho...diggerysby tho, he has arms for ears he'll beat you up while his real arms are folded...diggerysby tho.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.

Ah this is the hoen i remember and loved. Prepare your repels And your linoone/peliper we got some HM03 to do.

lavanda

Really feeling it
I remember playing it as a kid without repels. Yeah, for some reason I didn't use repels at all back then. Maybe because I didn't bother to try, but also because I enjoyed random encounters. Even today, I try not using them unless exploring becomes a chore, but the new Flash effect helped a lot.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Bolt, can you stop assuming what I want in a game, please? "New Pokemon are better than Megas" well, many people can argue that megas are new Pokemon.
Why is there even a discussion about new Pokemon showing up in a remake? Has there ever been an incident when a new Pokemon has done that? Remember, this is not a new Gen.
That being said I agree with you, as well as mew 2000 since this is indeed a remake. I'm buying it because it's a major update from the originals, and we are getting new Mega Pokemon to boot.
Also, technically, a Mega Pokemon is not a new Pokemon. It would have to have a separate PokeDex #, so it would be more accurate to call it a new Form.

LittleRalts

The Ultimate Ralts
Megas are the way that Nintendo makes up for the lack of new Pokémon. They normally have new abilities and they have much higher stats. Good enough for me if I do say so myself.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Why is there even a discussion about new Pokemon showing up in a remake? Has there ever been an incident when a new Pokemon has done that? Remember, this is not a new Gen.
That being said I agree with you, as well as mew 2000 since this is indeed a remake. I'm buying it because it's a major update from the originals, and we are getting new Mega Pokemon to boot.
Also, technically, a Mega Pokemon is not a new Pokemon. It would have to have a separate PokeDex #, so it would be more accurate to call it a new Form.

That's not what I meant. I meant that they should've added more existing Pokemon to the Hoenn Dex. Like you know, 4th and 5th gen Pokemon. Having only a handful of Megas pales in comparison to adding 50-100 regular Pokemon that could've actually added some much needed variety to the game.

Last edited:

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
That's not what I meant. I meant that they should've added more existing Pokemon to the Hoenn Dex. Like you know, 4th and 5th gen Pokemon.
Ah that's different then. Apologies for misunderstanding you.
So you mean an expansion of the dex? That would be interesting. I'd like to see them do that, since they pretty much did it in XY to a degree (with the split dexs).

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
That's not what I meant. I meant that they should've added more existing Pokemon to the Hoenn Dex. Like you know, 4th and 5th gen Pokemon. Having only a handful of Megas pales in comparison to adding 50-100 regular Pokemon that could've actually added some much needed variety to the game.

Same toughts, u guess a region having so many water routes really hinders any chances of new pokemon insertions to old routes.

Aetius

So, I was wondering what we will see on this month's issue of CC...
Any ideas? Because I don' really know what they could show us before the release date of the games...
Maybe the characters that must still be revealed and some new megas? :)

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Any ideas? Because I don' really know what they could show us before the release date of the games...

WE don't know good buddy. They didn't tell us in the last issue at least it wasn't reported anywhere. I am sure some new Megas will be in there and who knows what else. and we still have 2 more issues to go until release too (if I am doing my math right)

I'm hoping we get the rest of the updated Gym Leaders and E4 characters, and by that also answering the Wallace/Juan situation. Wally could also show up, but the GLs and E4 would be enough for me at once.
One or two new Mega Evolutions could also be included, or more info about Primal Groudon/Kyogre (like their abilities).

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
We're getting pretty close to release and they'll want to keep building hype. I'm thinking at least 2 more mega evolutions (probably game exclusives) and some world information as mentioned above. Oooh, it'd be cool if they revealed the alterations in the Aqua/Magma stories and the megas for their mascots (sharpedo and camerupt)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Can we please get something actually new for once? It'd be a very boring game if we can all guess what's in it.

But knowing them it's probably going to be some combination of the following:

-The remaining characters (Wally, Winona, Tate & Liza, Wallace, Juan, Glacia, Drake)
-Info on the Regis and Latis
-Info on the Pokenav, PSS, Super Training, and Trick House
-New Mega Evolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.