• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanthehuman

Desire: Mega Parasect - loses it's Bug-typing and becomes pure Grass. Like the Shellder with Mega Slowbro, the mushroom has almost entirely taken over Parasect now. Alternately, drop the Bug-typing for the Ghost-type and give it's body a skeletal design for added creepiness. Give it an ability that gives +1 priority to all powder/seed based moves. Priority Leech Seed and Spore!

HP: 60
Atk 135 (+40)
Def: 105 (+25)
SAtk: 70 (+10)
SDef: 105 (+25)
Spd: 30

Edit: they could add Sticky Web to it's move pool, too. It would make a pretty awesome lead. Priority Spore the first time, then Sticky Web when the opponent switches, cripple said opponent next turn with priority Leech Seed. It wouldn't be too broken either, since Taunt would literally destroy it. Insomnia Honchkrow, Overcoat Mandibuzz, Roserade, Venusaur and Priority Taunters would all make good counters.

Last edited:

PKMNOriginsRed

Pokemon Trainer
Desire: Mega Parasect - loses it's Bug-typing and becomes pure Grass. Like the Shellder with Mega Slowbro, the mushroom has almost entirely taken over Parasect now. Alternately, drop the Bug-typing for the Ghost-type and give it's body a skeletal design for added creepiness. Give it an ability that gives +1 priority to all powder/seed based moves. Priority Leech Seed and Spore!

HP: 60
Atk 135 (+40)
Def: 105 (+25)
SAtk: 70 (+10)
SDef: 105 (+25)
Spd: 30

Edit: they could add Sticky Web to it's move pool, too. It would make a pretty awesome lead. Priority Spore the first time, then Sticky Web when the opponent switches, cripple said opponent next turn with priority Leech Seed. It wouldn't be too broken either, since Taunt would literally destroy it. Insomnia Honchkrow, Overcoat Mandibuzz, Roserade, Venusaur and Priority Taunters would all make good counters.
Parasect has always terrified me, I always feel guilty making Paras evolve. Make this happen Game Freak.

"Rayquaza is also said to hold a secret to Mega Evolution."
We get in-game footage of just Rayquaza using Hyper Beam(?).

What do they have planned for this thing?
GF sure likes to tease us, don't they?

Aetius

Whoa, Kyogre's and Groudon's new abilities are freaking awesome and so are their new moves. :D
Anyway, the fact that in heavy rain fire moves are ineffective makes sense, as well as water moves under the strong sunlight, but may I be damned if I don't say that this is freaking overpowered. LOL
I guess that we do really need Primal Rayquaza with a neutralizing ability.

Cerex

Whoa, Kyogre's and Groudon's new abilities are freaking awesome and so are their new moves. :D
Anyway, the fact that in heavy rain fire moves are ineffective makes sense, as well as water moves under the strong sunlight, but may I be damned if I don't say that this is freaking overpowered. LOL
I guess that we do really need Primal Rayquaza with a neutralizing ability.
Well, it should be overpowered. This is them returning their primal state. I'm just glad it wasn't just a return to Rain Dance/Sunny Day pre-nerfing. That would have been a waste. It would be interesting to see what Rayquaza's ability will be. It shouldn't just neutralize though. It could see something like Strong Wind, which mixes Tailwind and with something else.

Does this now mean that Mega Groudon in strong sunlight doesn't have any weaknesses?

ryanthehuman

Well, it should be overpowered. This is them returning their primal state. I'm just glad it wasn't just a return to Rain Dance/Sunny Day pre-nerfing. That would have been a waste. It would be interesting to see what Rayquaza's ability will be. It shouldn't just neutralize though. It could see something like Strong Wind, which mixes Tailwind and with something else.

Does this now mean that Mega Groudon in strong sunlight doesn't have any weaknesses?

Maybe it could work like Air Lock/Cloud Nine + permaTailwind + Whirlwind (only on the first turn that it's activated though), or reduce the damage of/eliminate both Water- and Fire- type moves.

Groudon is still weak to Ground-type moves thanks to it's secondary Fire typing in it's Primal form.

Zoldakin

Maybe it could work like Air Lock/Cloud Nine + permaTailwind + Whirlwind (only on the first turn that it's activated though), or reduce the damage of/eliminate both Water- and Fire- type moves.

Groudon is still weak to Ground-type moves thanks to it's secondary Fire typing in it's Primal form.

I was thinking more like air lock plus defog, the second part only on the first turn. That would actually make it really useful.

It's still weak to ground, which is kinda dumb since it is thematically, the strongest ground type.

FieryLucario

Just a Person
Okay, I know this is such a dumb thing to be hyped and excited about, but....I'm really happy they have the bunny hops for the bike in the new games (at least, I'm assuming they do since I thought I saw it on a trailer) They were so much fun to do in the old games so I'm happy to see their (maybe) return. Mkay, I'm done being hyped about stupid things

ebevan91

Okay, I know this is such a dumb thing to be hyped and excited about, but....I'm really happy they have the bunny hops for the bike in the new games (at least, I'm assuming they do since I thought I saw it on a trailer) They were so much fun to do in the old games so I'm happy to see their (maybe) return. Mkay, I'm done being hyped about stupid things

I remember always bunny hopping everywhere I went.

Navarch

I'd like to point something out about Character Customization:

On the picture of the Global Link for ORAS, you can see a Trainer Avatar in the top corner. Was that hat in XY?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I'd like to point something out about Character Customization:

On the picture of the Global Link for ORAS, you can see a Trainer Avatar in the top corner. Was that hat in XY?

That's the Trainer Class avatar, similar to the Hiker and Rich Lady you can see on the Top 10 list.

In this case, that's the male Pokemon Ranger. You also can see female Pokemon Ranger on the Top 10 list.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Check out this:

2Qv9Lq.png

This pretty much confirms me that there is no trainer customization in the games, according to the fact the icon's are from NPC's. Lass, Hiker, etc. I hope I'm wrong, but this is my opinion.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
I still hope there is customization. The feature Pokemon Fans requested from years. They finally added it to XY, why wouldn't they continue the trend? And which region it is doesn't matter at all.

Aetius

I still hope there is customization. The feature Pokemon Fans requested from years. They finally added it to XY, why wouldn't they continue the trend? And which region it is doesn't matter at all.

While I too would like to see customization making a return (and I still hope it will), but I think that this time around it won't be implemented.
However I'm not saying this because I think that this feature is a Kalos-exclusive, which is kinda dumb, but because I think that they want to remain true to the original games for nostalgia's sake, which is equally dumb.
Either way, in my opinion Customization will come back with the third version of Gen.6 and become a stable feature in Gen.7, because it can't simply be forgotten after XY. :D

Last edited:

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
The fact that it's September, two months away from the games release, and customization hasn't been spoken about shows to me that like I believed from the beginning we won't be seeing customization in these games.

It'll be back in a year/two years when the next Kalos game is released.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
The fact that it's September, two months away from the games release, and customization hasn't been spoken about shows to me that like I believed from the beginning we won't be seeing customization in these games.

It'll be back in a year/two years when the next Kalos game is released.

Yes guys.

don't cry your eyes out children. trainer customization was probably just a XY gimmick.

Xuxuba

Yeah it looks kinda obvious to me actually.
We can't know for sure why they have done this. It might be because of technical reasons, it might be just laziness.
I just hope that the people who like customization show their feedback to GF so they won't do this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.