• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
All the more surprising that the reviewers haven't bashed the company for rehashing content from previous games.

Well there was an embargo on discussing post game content, but it is surprising that it would be received so positively. Speaking of which, is the embargo over? Have they started discussing their thoughts on post game?

BurningWhiteKyurem

Well there was an embargo on discussing post game content, but it is surprising that it would be received so positively. Speaking of which, is the embargo over? Have they started discussing their thoughts on post game?

After the review embargo, one reviewer in particular mentioned that the biggest postgame feature she expected in ORAS was omitted and thought it was disappointing. She's probably the only one I've read so far that isn't really satisfied with the postgame offerings.

As for the postgame embargo, isn't that usually gone once the game is released?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Well there was an embargo on discussing post game content, but it is surprising that it would be received so positively.

I'm guessing that has more to do with reviewers tending to not actually be Pokemon fans, and thus using different standards

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm guessing that has more to do with reviewers tending to not actually be Pokemon fans, and thus using different standards

Even by those standards though, I can't see how they could find it acceptable to copy/paste the Battle Maison instead of recreating the Battle Frontier. Unless they never played Emerald.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Even by those standards though, I can't see how they could find it acceptable to copy/paste the Battle Maison instead of recreating the Battle Frontier. Unless they never played Emerald.

they might not have even played XY

really, they're probably going by the Delta Episode and barely even touched the Maison

Arcanineblitz

I finished the game yesterday and its a really solid entry but the lack of frontier really put a damper on postgame. Its not just the fact that this feature is absent but they just copy/pasted the maison and they didnt even redesign it it looks exactly the same as the x/y one. Secret bases and contests do offer more to do after you beat the game so thats nice i guess.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I finished the game yesterday and its a really solid entry but the lack of frontier really put a damper on postgame. Its not just the fact that this feature is absent but they just copy/pasted the maison and they didnt even redesign it it looks exactly the same as the x/y one. Secret bases and contests do offer more to do after you beat the game so thats nice i guess.

The loss of the Batlle Frontier isn't that bad, the battle Maison does its job more or less.

The postgame in ORAS is much better than X and Y.

BurningWhiteKyurem

The loss of the Batlle Frontier isn't that bad, the battle Maison does its job more or less.

The postgame in ORAS is much better than X and Y.

It doesn't do the job more or less, especially considering the Frontier had tons of variety in regards to battling, whereas the Maison has just standard battling, which in turn is just a copy of the Subway, which in turn, is an copy of the Battle Tower to begin with.

Also, I'm not sure that ORAS has better postgame. It feels more or less like XY's postgame (DE = Looker's sidequest, Legendary catches, and rehashed Battle Maison unless I'm missing something).

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
DLC seems really likely at this point lots of NPCs are hinting at it

Not really, they're just saying that the Frontier will be built in the future, and that can easily be for a future game like Pokémon Z, or just even a continuity nod to it and they do nothing with it at all.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't see the BR as necessarily better than the BF, but I do think that it's better than nothing at least; having to beat a Battle Chatelaine to re-battle Wally seems excessive though. Anyway, hopes for downloadable content in the form of the BF is just a coping mechanism for the loss of the BF in my opinion.

Arcanineblitz

I don't see the BR as necessarily better than the BF, but I do think that it's better than nothing at least; having to beat a Battle Chatelaine to re-battle Wally seems excessive though. Anyway, hopes for downloadable content in the form of the BF is just a coping mechanism for the loss of the BF in my opinion.

You're right my only gripe at the moment is that they should have made the battle tower instead.since it feels more like a hoenn thing than the maison but w.e and as for dlc it would be nice but nobody should get their hopes up in the least considering GFs stance on dlc. I just think its a nod to the emerald feature and nothing more.

Photonkrios95

DLC seems really likely at this point lots of NPCs are hinting at it

People said the same for the 'hints' in XY, and look where we are now.

And its not like GF have made statement(s) in regard to DLC in the main series games before.

Creyk

It really does!
I don't know how I'm going to make that happen, I only got up to 42 streaks in Y ;__; It was okay there but now I'll have to go and beat one of those girls, it will be a challenge.
Once you beat one of the Chatelaines, you can re-battle Wally with his updated team every day right?
If that is the case it is actually worth it

BurningWhiteKyurem

I'm not sure where people are coming from thinking that GF is going to make yet another remake for Hoenn to make up for the Emerald content. It's absolutely redundant and unnecessary considering that they already remade Hoenn. They chose to make superficial allusions to Emerald, and are probably not going to commit more resources on it. At least XY actually has loose ends in which a sequel makes sense.

Again, they should have just remade Emerald, and added sprinkles of Ruby and Sapphire differences (or if they were THAT anal about RS Legendary differences. Make the other uncatchable).

Again, they should have just remade Emerald, and added sprinkles of Ruby and Sapphire differences (or if they were THAT anal about RS Legendary differences. Make the other uncatchable).
I agree somewhat. GF seems to be very fond of dual versions, and the RS plots do work quite well for that. The Emerald plot is a bit conflicting with the RS one so I can see why they did it this way. I also think that Rayquaza got a fair share of the spotlight as well with the Delta Episode. The way they added the Wallace champion team into the episode was great as well.

What I don't like at all is that they ignored(Ignore might not be the word I'm looking for, they certainly made a point out of the BF not being finished) Emerald elements that don't conflict with RS the slightest. Elements that only expand RS' horizons. Small things like Mirage Tower and Desert Underpass made the region even more lifeful. Gym rematches added a bit more to the postgame and even help grinding. However the lack of the Battle Frontier is really the main problem for me, and I admit that I'm a bit butthurt that it isn't in.

Even as much as I hate to say this; they are RS remakes after all. So I see why they chose RS elements over Emerald if they had to pick. But not adding Emerald additions just seems stupid to me.

Last edited:

BCVM22

I'll have to put AS on hold and see where this goes. I would rather not buy a whole other Hoenn remake after the first, personally.

That would be an absolutely terrible and baseless sole reason not to buy this game.

I'm not sure where people are coming from thinking that GF is going to make yet another remake for Hoenn to make up for the Emerald content. It's absolutely redundant and unnecessary considering that they already remade Hoenn.

That's where we're at in the reveal - pre-release - release - post-release cycle. It's part of nature, like birds migrating. See also: X/Y's post-release period.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So there was an interview posted where Masuda discusses why the Battle Frontier isn't in ORAS.

Interview: http://www.pokemonmillennium.net/articoli/1345/intervista-eslusiva-junichi-masuda-e-shigeru-ohmori-cisvelano-alcune-curiosita-su-pokemon-rubino-omega-e-zaffiro-alpha/
Translation: http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2olg6s/interview_with_junichi_masuada_reasoning_behind/cmo8u8g

Q:Why wasn't the Battle Frontier in the remakes?
A:This question is connected with my previous answer. We didn't put the BF in ORAS for this very reason. Interviewer's note: In short he means that they didn't include the BF because only a very small part of the players would have fully appreciated and made use of this feature; nowadays players get bored and frustrated more easily and they aren't interested in things that are so demanding/challenging.

So that confirms it, no Battle Frontier DLC and it's probably not going to be in the next game, it's just a reference to Emerald. Did I mention how much I don't like Game Freak's mindset? They keep insisting on the idea that their fans don't have time for video games and yet the casual audience has no interest in the 3DS. They make the game more accessible to kids and yet they unnecessarily turn off their older audience. They keep removing features at the drop of a hat and come up with the most nonsensical excuses for why they were removed. This entire series is becoming stripped down nonsense. I think I'm going to take a break from this series for a while, I can't put up with this BS anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.