• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaAbsol

Been very unsure of my AS team, keeps changing.

So far my planned team is...
Treecko (Flawless HA)
Shiny Electrike
Shiny Beldum (Event)
Latias

Not sure about last 2, probably a HM slave for one of them though.

Neji-and-Pidgeot

In AS I am using a shiny team of my favorite pokemon. I have a pidgey, chikorita, charmeleon, vaporeon, female nidoran, and a Pikachu.

vladone

Does someone know if it is possible to trade, NOT BANK, Pokémon from X to Alpha Sapphire before you get the National Dex? If it is possible, my team will be:

-Mudkip. It is not going to evolve as it is too cute! (And my HM slave: Rock Smash, Strength, Dive, Waterfall)
-Beautifly. I do not know why, but I like it so much!
-Meganium. My favourite final form of all starters.
-Flygon. I wanted to use it in many games, but I never did. (And my Flyer)
-Ninetales. One of my favourite Fire-type Pokémon.
-Lapras. Absolutely my favourite Pokémon ever! (And my Surfer)

Photonkrios95

Does someone know if it is possible to trade, NOT BANK, Pokémon from X to Alpha Sapphire before you get the National Dex? If it is possible, my team will be:

Yes. A leaker has shown pics of him using a Squirtle/Warturtle that he traded over from XY.

Photonkrios95

I didn't think that simple trading would need to be confirmed to be honest. Outside of some item restriction, iirc, DP/P/HGSS and BW/BW2 didn't have any issues trading between the generation without the National Dex.

I've recreated my original Sapphire team for AS (well, with the exception of Roserade + a couple shinies now that they're much easier to obtain than in Gen III.) they're all EV-trained and sitting in my X game, ready to be transferred over on Friday!

swampert.gif
gardevoir.gif
aggron.gif
manectric.gif
roserade.gif
323.gif

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
My team is going to have mostly megas, since I rarely put items on Pokemon.

blaziken.gif

salamence.gif

metagross.gif

rayquaza.gif

swellow.gif

....and maybe someone to surf.

Definitely going to pick Blaziken as my starter, a complete powerhouse. Next, I will catch a Swellow, like I did in R/S, and Salamence, Metagross and Rayquaza for pure destruction.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Adding on to the Battle Jungle, I am working on a team for the Battle Labyrinth, the second Battle Frontier facility I plan to make with the Secret Base feature.

So far, I have Ampharos, Spiritomb, and Bronzong. I'm not sure how well this works, but so far this is it. I want the team to battle 'mysteriously', fitting the theme of the Battle Labyrinth.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Adding on to the Battle Jungle, I am working on a team for the Battle Labyrinth, the second Battle Frontier facility I plan to make with the Secret Base feature.

So far, I have Ampharos, Spiritomb, and Bronzong. I'm not sure how well this works, but so far this is it. I want the team to battle 'mysteriously', fitting the theme of the Battle Labyrinth.

I thought you could only have one Secret Base for each game. Anyway, your Battle Labryinth team does sound pretty good, but I'd personally suggest switching Ampharos or Bronzong for Claydol since its relation to ancient ruins and civilizations kind of makes it work better with the "mysterious" theme you're trying to create for your team

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I thought you could only have one Secret Base for each game. Anyway, your Battle Labryinth team does sound pretty good, but I'd personally suggest switching Ampharos or Bronzong for Claydol since its relation to ancient ruins and civilizations kind of makes it work better with the "mysterious" theme you're trying to create for your team

Claydol sounds like a great idea, thanks!

When it comes to secret bases, I figured since QR codes preserve the data, I could maintain a collection of bases via QR codes. If successful, I may create an entire Battle Frontier, but I digress.

If I do add Claydol to the team, I may replace Ampharos, since I love Bronzong far too much to let it go. lol I may replace Spiritomb as well, since I already have it on my gym team. I'm considering adding Malamar.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Claydol sounds like a great idea, thanks!

When it comes to secret bases, I figured since QR codes preserve the data, I could maintain a collection of bases via QR codes. If successful, I may create an entire Battle Frontier, but I digress.

If I do add Claydol to the team, I may replace Ampharos, since I love Bronzong far too much to let it go. lol I may replace Spiritomb as well, since I already have it on my gym team. I'm considering adding Malamar.
Personally, other pokémon I think you could consider adding to this team would be Xatu, Sigilyph, Cofagrigus, Hypno, & Golurk

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Personally, other pokémon I think you could consider adding to this team would be Xatu, Sigilyph, Cofagrigus, Hypno, & Golurk

Well, the Battle Labyrinth moves via single battles consisting of three pokemon per team. I have to be very precise when deciding the team for the Frontier Brain. I initially only wanted one Psychic type, but since Claydol and Bronzong fit so well, I decided to have them both. I actually did consider Cofagrigus, but I changed my mind because I felt it was more tomb-ish than labyrinth-ish. Hypno seems like a good one, but I'm not a big fan of its stats or movepool.

I'll have to undergo more consideration before Friday. Thanks for all the suggestions, btw. :)

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
For my surfer, I decided to go with Lanturn. Since I didn't want to wait until towards the end game to Dive for a Chinchou, I decided to breed one on Y and send it over. So then I got to thinking, "Why not send other things over as well?" Well, I don't want a full, diverse team right from the get-go. That eliminates all difficulty. So I decided to just breed and send over one more thing- an Eevee. If we get Pokemon-Amie quick enough, I'd like to try out a Sylveon, since I've never used one before. If possible, maybe get a HA Eevee.

I'll also end up using a Cacnea, Beldum, Skarmory, and Anorith. Until I can catch those though, I'll probably end up using Zigzagoon, Beautifly/Dustox, Mightyena, Ralts if I'm lucky enough, and Magikarp, if the Exp All is back.

ThisIsPatrick

Such a shame I can't play OR till Saturday argh. Damn other commitments... Damn you I say!

But as for my team I've only planned the Starter, Blaziken! I'm thinking of also choosing a Dustox and a Steelix but I'm not 100% on either of them :p

chibiowl

Changed my game plans again. Since I don't want to overlevel as much as possible I am going to use 10 Pokemon on a rotation.
6 of them from my original team plans:
mudkip.gif
beldum.gif
ralts.gif
electrike.gif
swablu.gif
buneary.gif

and 4 of them from the new competitive team I bred:
honedge.gif
cottonee.gif
croagunk.gif
scraggy.gif

The plan is going to be that I will set them in a specific order in which they have to be used. I cannot switch out and can only use the next pokemon in the set order when one faints. When a pokemon faints, I have to box it and take out the next pokemon from the box in order too. (10 pokemon, only 6 in a party so at any time 4 pokemon have to be benched.) If a pokemon is PWNing too much and getting overlevelled, I can "faint" or retire it of my own accord and shift to the next in the order too, but only outside of battles (no switching). The order I will do this in has yet to be decided and I will use a random number generator to do so.

EDIT: Okay did the random number generator and the order is decided. Mudkip is locked for first because starter so I didn't use the generator for that.
1. Mudkip
2. Cottonee
3. Buneary
4. Beldum
5. Croagunk
6. Electrike
7. Honedge
8. Scraggy
9. Swablu
10. Ralts

Last edited:
I'm getting both versions and in AS I will play as May and definitely pick Torchic. I was thinking of catching the pokemon she had in the anime although I was thinking about using Altaria, Lopunny, Milotic, Mawile and Gardevoir.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I won't be using any in-game Pokemon. When I play subsequent games of a new Generation I breed and EV train a team to use consisting of some of my favourites. In OR I'm going with Weavile (my all time fave), Lucario, Typhlosion, Lopunny (my chosen Mega), Arbok and Zoroark. Not decided on a team for AS, other than Weavile which I have on all my in-game teams.

RedJemFlash90

Johto champ
Going with some favorites ive been meaning to raise

Espeon
Houndoom
Donphan
Ursaring
Hitmontop

and im torn between Azumarill, Roserade and Jellicent, could probably use some suggestions on that lol

Mudkipz_Lulz

Icy Mudkipz Breeder
Going with some favorites ive been meaning to raise

Espeon
Houndoom
Donphan
Ursaring
Hitmontop

and im torn between Azumarill, Roserade and Jellicent, could probably use some suggestions on that lol

Might as well use Azumarill so to complete your Johto team. Plus it can be your Surfer and fairy play rough coverage will be nice against Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.