• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoDude-5000

My team for Alpha Sapphire:

Sceptile/Mega Sceptile (starter)
Swellow
Cosplay Pikachu (I always use Pikachu or a similar pokemon in the games, but I have never used one in Hoenn. Also this one's special)
Wailord
Camerupt (definitely not using Mega Camerupt, do you get the Cameruptie... whetever it's called in-game)
Glalie/Mega Glalie (from the demo)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I've got my Omega Ruby team all planned out, but I'm still having trouble coming up with the nicknames. Ever since Pokémon White, I've kind of done this tradition where in my first play through I always give my pokémon hero-themed nicknames & while I want to keep up the tradition, I can only think of two:
  • Mudkip (???)
  • Seedot (???)
  • Pancham (Pounda)
  • Mawile (???)
  • Electrike (Wolfboltzer)
  • Bagon (???)

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
This is what I'm probably going to with for my Alpha Sapphire team:

sceptile.gif
salamence.gif
aggron.gif
350.gif
ninetales.gif

And then Bibaral as my HM Slave for Cut/Rock Smash/Strength/Waterfall. A Bidoof will be traded over from my Y. Salamence is going to be a Shiny Bagon from my Y. Sceptile will be my Mega.

First 4 are Pokemon that I used in my original Sapphire and Emerald, so thought I should use them again. :) But I won't be getting the game till Christmas.

Last edited:

Bluemage21

How are you guys getting the animated sprites to work?

My team is going to be

Feraligatr, Swampert, Salamence, Golem, Tyranitar, And finally, Flygon.

PKMNOriginsRed

Pokemon Trainer
Getting Alpha Sapphire, planned team:

Mega Swampert
Pikachu
Mega Sharpedo
Primal Kyogre
Mega Gallade
Mega Charizard X

Since it's now less than anhour before the games are oficially out (where I live, atleast), I guess this will end up being my final team:

*Latias (Mega, for sure, since their required for soaring in the sky)
Swellow
*Manectric
Wailord
Camerupt
*Absol

* - 'Mon that may possibly go mega if I so choose (not including Latias, because these two need to ME to able to soar)

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I don't exactly have a team made out for OmegaRuby. But I do know that I'll be using Mudkip (when trading from AS) if it has a better nature than my Treecko in OR right now. Quiet Treecko, nice. Always start off my new adventure with a bad nature!

For AlphaSapphire, once I reload with a 2nd file, I'm going to be using May's anime team. They go as followed:

Blaziken (dare I use Mega Blaziken?)
Beautifly
Skitty
Venusaur
Munchlax
Wartortle
Glaceon

It'll be so good to finally use a Munchlax and Glaceon with Gen 6 giving me access to those Pokemon.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
When ever I play remakes I try to go through them as if they were a follow up of the last game I played, so in this case, I played XY so my team in that was Minun, Turtwig (my 2 pokemon I use in every game since DP), Pyroar, Greninja, Staraptor, and Tyrantrum. So for this I'll be leaving Staraptor and Tyrantrum behind, whilst heading off back to Hoenn with Minun, Turtwig, a Lilteo, Froakie (evolving both asap), a Mudkip (since I used it in the originals) and then a Hoenn pokemon that can fly.

Shiny Espeon0429

I've already decided that I'm going to be using:

Mega Swampert
Super Shiny Mega Metagross
Mega Altaria

But I'm flexible on the last three spots. We'll see how it goes.

LittleRalts

The Ultimate Ralts
My In-Game team will be:

Mega Swampert
Shiny Mega Metagross
Mega Gardevior
and...I may throw in a Sableye...
Then I would have a flying type and maybe one more...

slowdude

Currently in Mt Pyre.

Mega Manectric
Azumarill (huge power)
Skarmory
Lombre
Mightyena
Blaziken

Did have a Breloom but it died to a Golbat owned by Team Aqua.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm still in the Petalburg Woods (Blame the Dex Nave and my stubborn nature to not go on until my pokémon are all at the same level). So far, my main team consists of the following:
  • Mudkip-Mudslapper
  • Seedot-Hemmerlock
  • Surskit-Slipstream
  • Pancham-Pounda
I've also got the event Beldum & a lv. 15 Wingull (Jetwing) in my PC. I do have a lv6 Ralts (Forearmor), but I'm still trying to decide what to do with it.

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
My current team for AS is: ;252; ;374; ;280; ;276;

Treecko is because it has the advantage over Team Aqua plus Mega Sceptile!

Beldum because it's the event Shiny plus Mega Metagross!

Ralts because it's a Fairy Type plus Mega Gardevoir!

Taillow because it was a DexNav with Steel Wing!

I'm happy to take suggestions for the last two slots, though I do kind of want to train a Seviper.

My current team for OR is: ;258; ;261;

Mudkip because of the advantage over Team Magma plus Mega Swampert!

Poochyena because it was the first sneak you get in the game and it has Fire Fang!

Would like some suggestions for the last four spots on this team.

Mudkipz_Lulz

Icy Mudkipz Breeder
Just arrived in Dewford Town about to track down Steven in Granite Cave. So far my team consists of....

Lotad (Boricua) Lvl. 14.... Not evolving till he learns Giga Drain at Lvl. 30. I DexNav'd the hell out of this guy to get one with Leech Seed & Rain Dish; he also has 2 IV's.
Rain Dish. Miracle Seed. Quiet.
- Leech Seed
- Growl
- Absorb
- Bubble

Jirachi Lvl. 15.... Not nick-nameable unfortunately due to being an event but it is the Jirachi with Draco Meteor!
Serene Grace. Silk Scarf. Timid.
- Wish
- Confusion
- Swift
- Draco Meteor

Marshtomp Lvl. 16.... Not nicknamed yet as I didn't know if I was going to nickname my team or not but he will get one by the time I hit the name rater.
Torrent. Quick Claw. Quirky.
- Tackle
- Growl
- Water Gun
- Mud Shot

I trained a Lotad up to a Lvl. 16 Lombre but then I figured out how the DexNav works and I had to go back and get one with Leech Seed lulz.

I have to kind of stop myself from being the collector that I am cause I just want to DexNav every egg move and HA from every Pokemon... curse you GF and your awesome tools used to "catch 'em all"!

Rainpurge

So, I've only played the game up until helping wally catch his first Pokemon, yet my expected team has already greatly changed thanks mostly to this wonderful sneak mechanic. For some reason, having a Pocheyna with Fire Fang kind of interests me enough to have changed it to one of my team. This is also true for a Seedot with Beat up (I know its not a great move,but, its something different so makes my inner child excited.)

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Compared to XY, I got lucky in obtaining desirable starters in ORAS, with a Modest Treecko in AS and a female Mudkip in OR, only minor issue with the Mudkip is its nature.

AS team currently consists of Treecko (keeping it unevolved until it learns Giga Drain), Ralts, Skarmory, Electrike and the event Beldum. I also have a Magikarp currently undergoing training by the Exp Share and a few stand ins in the box that I used before I obtained the badge needed to get my other Pokémon to obey me.

OR team currently consists of Marshtomp, Roselia, Skarmory, Ralts, Electrike and the event Beldum. It is likely to stay this way until I capture Groudon. Much like AS, I have a few stand in members before I obtained the first badge.

The event Beldum is quickly becoming the MVP of the early stages of the game, Hold Back makes it much easier to weaken Pokémon for capture.

Last edited:
Don't have the game yet, and I probably won't for a while (3DS had an unfortunate accident thanks to my sister) but I've got my Alpha Sapphire team planned out at least! Well, most of them anyway. I'm going with a candyish theme for the names.

Jellybean the Swampert
Pixie Stix(F)/Sourpatch(M) the Gardevoir
Nutmeg(F)Reese(M) the Shiftry (Will be bred in Y then transferred)
Red Hot the Camerupt

I've got room for two others, but I also plan on using Deoxys(Who I'll be naming Starburst). The others might be a bit difficult to figure out.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
My OR Team:

Treeko
Hoenn Flyer
Mudkip (F) trade in from X version
So far undecided about the last three

My AS Team:

Mudkip
Hoenn Flyer
Treeko (F) Trade in from X again
And also undecided about the last three.

I'll see what I can find or if I want to use the Shiny Beldum event for a spot. Even though I have a level 100 Shiny Metagross I caught in W2 and raised up in X. I love that thing, his name is Kin (Japanese for gold)

Status
Not open for further replies.