• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
I get to play these tomorrow since boyfriend is coming and bringing them with him (I hope). I may change up my team if I want. I do have two female Feebas's in X, both were born with Dragon Pulse thanks to my importing of my B2 lvl 60 Milotic. But without a Prism Scale they won't evolve...unless they went back to maxing out Beauty stat for evolution again.

Last edited:
OK, so there have been some critical changes to my OR team's plans. I was unable to access the internet in order to download the shiny Beldum, so I've had to progress without it. Also, my Wingull that I'd initially caught as an HM slave has proven to be quite valuable as a battling Pokémon, so it has earned a crucial spot on my final team. To replace Beldum, I raised a Flygon in order to place a Dragon-type onto my team. It has been a huge boon to my team since fully evolving, but it's still got some more growing to do. Despite these setbacks, I've been slaughtering Gym Leaders, stomping trainers, and blasting away at Team Magma with incredible ease, so I can't really say that there have been any setbacks.

This is what my team looks like, as of this post:

Lv.51 Manectric@Amulet Coin
Modest/Static
Thunderbolt/Overheat/HP[Bug]/Thunder Wave

Lv.50 Gardevoir@Nothing
Lonely/Telepathy
Psychic/Moonblast/Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball

Lv.53 Blaziken@Blazikenite
Careful/Blaze->Speed Boost
Flare Blitz/High Jump Kick/Rock Tomb/Brave Bird

Lv.51 Pelipper@Nothing
Quirky/Keen Eye
Surf/Fly/Ice Beam/Roost

Lv.51 Shiftry@Nothing
Naive/Chlorophyll
Leaf Blade/Dark Pulse/Hurricane/Sunny Day

Lv.48 Flygon@Macho Brace
Bold/Levitate
EQ/D-Claw/Rock Slide/Steel Wing

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
OK, I really need to figure out a sixth for my OR team. I originally had Gallade, but I cannot be bothered to wait to get the Dawn Stone off Wally, and Super Training is a pain.
Mega Glalie
Crobat
Roserade
Sharpedo
Metagross
???

Any ideas/suggestions from here? Not using Groudon or the starter, for personal reasons.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
OK, I really need to figure out a sixth for my OR team. I originally had Gallade, but I cannot be bothered to wait to get the Dawn Stone off Wally, and Super Training is a pain.
Mega Glalie
Crobat
Roserade
Sharpedo
Metagross
???

Any ideas/suggestions from here? Not using Groudon or the starter, for personal reasons.

I would recommend something to deal with Steel types cause your team will be walled by them otherwise. So may I suggest a Fire type like Camerupt? It can easily dispatch a Steel type. Not to mention it resists what half your team is weak to, Fire.

slowdude

Just beat the league with....

Kadabra level 58
Spiritomb level 58 (She killed Steven's Metagross after it OHKO'd my Swampert, Pinsir and Kecleon)
Kecleon level 54, has protean
Tentacruel level 45. Did manage to kill a couple of Drake's dragons with dazzling gleam.
Swampert level 57
Pinsir level 55

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Guys Milotic or Azumarill?

I have decided between Jirachi and Metagross. Just got my hand on a Jirachi. Still have not decided between Azumarill and Milotic.

On one hand one is much easier to come by and evolves pretty quickly. While the other one is a bit more challenging to find and does not come till like the 6th gym but might be worth the wait?

slowdude

Guys Milotic or Azumarill?

I have decided between Jirachi and Metagross. Just got my hand on a Jirachi. Still have not decided between Azumarill and Milotic.

On one hand one is much easier to come by and evolves pretty quickly. While the other one is a bit more challenging to find and does not come till like the 6th gym but might be worth the wait?

Well finding Feebas is in fact simple in ORAS. Get the good rod and start fishing, it will appear quickly No six spots luck bs. Remember you can get it after the fifth badge. Essentially do you want a physical or special water pokemon. As even if you do end up wanting an Azumaril i'd suggesting waiting until beating the 5th gym so you can creepdex an azumaril in the 5th gym town instead of leveling a maril slowly beforehand.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Is a neutral nature good enough for the Battle Maison as long as give it appropriate EVs, or should I absolutely go for a beneficial nature?

I'd say yes, if the IVs are decent, but don't expect it to perform as well as a Pokemon with the right nature.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
So I hope the TM's are multi-use again, anyone care to comment on whether or not they are?

So I hope the TM's are multi-use again, anyone care to comment on whether or not they are?

Yep, they are. :)

I'm considering changing one of my team members now.
I'm thinking of replacing Wailord with Swampert.

I know, I'll then have two ground types on my team (Swampert and Camerupt), but Swampert is the only other water type in these games besides Wailord that I was originally considering. The others, at the moment, just don't really appeal to me.

JW1004

Decided to do a different team then I had in mind, for now it will be, still will decide throughout the game what else I will add
Treecko
Beldum (Shiny)
Tailow
Ralts (Shiny) [Got through Wonder Trade]

Bamboosle

Last week i planned: Swampert, Camerupt, Metagross, Salamemce, Rayquaza and Gallade. But not so sure it is going to stay that way.

My team at the moment: Mudkip, Beldum (shiny), Lotad lvl13 (dexnav) and Ralts.
so i'll see what will happen :)

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
I still will get one anyway since you have to wait a while to get Latios and Latias. I'll need it most likely before then.

wearjo

Pokemon Trader
Hey guys, I'm kind of in a sticky (and stupid) situation....
I kind of got up to the elite 4 with four pokemon...:
Metagross
Sceptile
Cosplay pikachu
Kyogre

What two pokemon should I add to my team? I'm thinking some sort of fire type, and an ice type or something?
HALLLLPPPP :'D

Ice Lock

Hello!
Question for people: Have any of you decided not to use a Flyer since we have Latios/Latias now?

I'm going to use a crobat to fly for the time being, until soaring is available and then I'll be using that more often and maybe I'll bring my talonflame over if breeding is quicker on ORAS compared to XY and after acquiring the egg charm.

I've had to make a change to my team again since I just realised seedot is a ruby exclusive and I thought you could get it in both. This team is final now and the purpose of it is just grabbing whatever is available as soon as possible, while sticking with a FWG core.

- Swampert (Possible mega?)
- Linooe (HM slave, pickup is also very nice)
- Gardevoir (Was Gallade, but now had to change it for voir due to Breloom being the only grass available that's not ludicoco. Not that ludi is bad, I just don't want two water types. Also possible mega)
- Breloom (Sleep support)
- Crobat (Fly slave, pivot)
- Camerupt (Possible mega?)

Reserve members:

- Sharpedo (For fast surfing where needed)
- Kyorge (Will be fishing on this and using it for the slight speed boost for surfing in case it is needed)
- Lapras (If it does anything new with surfing, I'll use this as well)

Should work just fine for the main game and the post game, plus I've got my rain team as a backup post game since most of my competitive pokemon are at level 100.

Last edited:

Jadgirl04

Lilac Dungeoneer
Does this look like a good team for alpha sapphire? What pokemon would anyone reccomend to use until i get the later game ones?

-Sceptile (Green Firr)
-Flygon (Amber Gale)
-Manectric (Quick Bolt)
-Azumarill (Coral Star)
-Gyarados (Wrath Song)
-Aggron (Steel Grey)

Last edited:

ovidkid

Hey guys I need some help I tried to trade Diancie to my Omega Ruby game but couldn't am I supposed to use pokebank or something. Also how do you do a forward bunny hop on the A bike

Status
Not open for further replies.