• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Räven Velish

black lives matter
My team so far is

Latios/Honchkrow
Swampert
Camerupt
Jolteon
Gardevoir
Machamp/Lopunny/Excadrill

I have no idea what to use and since Im trying to level up my Pokemon to 100 I really do not want to rotate. Which Pokemon should I keep?

Alpacawhisperer

Pokemon master
My team so far is

Latios/Honchkrow
Swampert
Camerupt
Jolteon
Gardevoir
Machamp/Lopunny/Excadrill

I have no idea what to use and since Im trying to level up my Pokemon to 100 I really do not want to rotate. Which Pokemon should I keep?

If your lati is banned from things I would focus on honchcrow, and I have heard good things about lopunny, so maybe focus on lopunny. Plus you already have two ground types

PokemonOwn

So, I'm at Mossdeep and I have access to a Sun Stone, but not a Leaf Stone. Should I evolve my Gloom into Bellossom, or wait for a Leaf Stone off one of the random trainer rebattles?

My team is Gloom, Sceptile, Roserade, Tropius, Breloom and Lombre (Grass Monorun)

Mye

Someone has to win..
So, I'm at Mossdeep and I have access to a Sun Stone, but not a Leaf Stone. Should I evolve my Gloom into Bellossom, or wait for a Leaf Stone off one of the random trainer rebattles?

My team is Gloom, Sceptile, Roserade, Tropius, Breloom and Lombre (Grass Monorun)

I'd suggest waiting. Bellossom has worse offenses than vileplume, and after the mossdeep gym you don't really run into that many psychic types. The poison typing could actually help as well as if I remember correctly, poison resists dark and ghost making it perfect for the e4

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
In addition, you actually get access to a Leaf Stone before you get a Sun Stone. Route 119 has a Leaf Stone if you go south from the river near the Weather Institute that you can go back to if you need one. Alternatively if you have a Green Shard go to the house on Route 124 and exchange it for a Leaf Stone.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
So I've come up with my planned team for Omega Ruby. In the recent games, my objective has been to not use any Pokemon that I've used before, again, (other than the starter) so my choices have been slimmed down.

Blaziken (Mega)
-Flare Blitz
-Sky Uppercut
-Brave Bird
-Shadow Claw

Mawile (Mega)
-Iron Head
-Play Rough
-Ice Fang
-Crunch

Exploud
-Surf
-Boomburst
-Extrasensory
-Flamethrower

Tropius (One of the few Flyers that I haven't used yet)
-Fly
-Leaf Tornado
-Toxic
-Earthquake

Azumarill
-Play Rough
-Superpower
-Dive
-Waterfall

Weezing
-Sludge Bomb
-Destiny Bond
-Thunderbolt
-Dark Pulse

How do you guys think my team looks?

Bump Post for responses :D

My team so far consists out of the following:

Latias, bold nature
EVed in hp, defence and special defence for maximum bulk
moves:
recover
dragon pulse (STAB)
charge beam (to increase sp attack)
psycho shift (to not only remove stats but annoy others)

Garchomp, jolly nature (was lucky to hatch a 31/31/31/x/31/31 gabite)
EVed in speed and attack
moves:
swords dance (to make attack insanely high)
earthquake (STAB)
outrage (STAB)
stone edge (coverage)

Salamence, jolly nature (decent but not maxed IV's, planning on a better one)
EVed in attack and speed
moves:
double edge (should maybe change this to return, STAB with mega evolve)
dragon claw
earthquake
zen headbutt

Absol, jolly nature, super luck ability (only learned later about the crit nerf)
EVed in speed and attack
moves:
swords dance (which it probably will never survive)
slash (crit)
psycho cut (crit)
night slash (crit + STAB)

Togekiss, bold nature with serene grace
EVed in hp, defence and special defence for maximum bulk
Moves:
thunder wave (paralyse the victim)
water pulse (confuse the victim)
rest (annoy the victim some more by healing)
snore (flinch the victim for maximum annoyance)

Otherwise have a random EVed Sceptile (speed beneficial nature but frail defences and probably bad IVs) just for the fun of it

Planning on getting:
A shiny Jolteon sweeper (got a shiny Eevee with timid nature and 31 sp att and speed)
A Clawitzer tanky sweeper
A Charizard X sweeper
A Porygon Z sweeper (got a decent porygon but might chainbreed NavDex one)
An Espeon with magic bounce, probably another sweeper, maybe support (got 3IV Eevee's but will chainbreed)
A Sharpedo with speed boost as a sweeper (just for fun to have a first turn to get speed up while using protect, using the mega evolution the second turn)

In short, way too many sweepers and not really paying attention to the stability of the team overall =p. Anyone care to give some advice?

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
I currently have OR with the following team

Septile aka Gekko - I wanted to try something a bit different this time and there's plenty of people using the other two, I used Blaziken during my Y walkthrough so wanted to try the third and rarely used one.

Latios aka Soul - The Eon given to me, I have never used this pokemon so I have decided to be different and the soaring in the sky aspect is amazing, its a mixed sweeper for me given the hasty nature I got but its awesome, not too overpowered but its good.

Azumarril aka Nepturne- Wasn't a planned member but this is amazing, hardly gets a mark, and is an awesome physical sweeping thing. I was planning on chain fishing up a feebas or Carvanha but I struggled this time and this is just awesome.

Campuret aka Eeyore - I was trying to get a shiny one since it looks awesome in black, it didn't work and this one popped up, and I ended up catching her thankfully I find her to be a tank, again not one used properly before.

Manetric aka Sparks - I went out to try 'dex nav and managed to get a hasty fire fang one so not a proper special sweeper but it swept the third gym. I am thinking of going with a Tyano but its come through for me so I'm undecided.

Duskclops aka Reaper - Accidentally caught her by the gravestones, not one I thought of using but is amazing, and with an adamant nature, not on a synch either. Again this I've never used this one, once my internet is connected back to my ds's I want to evolve her before the E4.

Only one of the six I've used but even so, I'm trying to use it in a different way to what I've done before, I think I've not done too badly for these and I'm very happy with these as I never thought to use them at all and even my starter is different to what I was going to use.

Darkella

I've got all three Hoenn starters and Kirlia. dunno what to get next=(

Last edited:

Aurath8

Oh boy, this team went through about 8 different revisions, starting way back in...2012. Yeah, I was planning for this Hoenn remake for a long time...

Swampert

Mudkip was my starter, so this guy is by far the easiest to get. I decided to eschew countless Hoenn Water types because I liek mudkipz. Also because it wrecks several early gyms when many other pokemon are still finding their feet.

Blaziken

Remember that Torchic you got in XY? Well I traded it over via Pokebank, and bred my own in Omega Ruby. I don't like using traded pokemon, since boosted exp really breaks the game so I always have trade and breed if I want any pokemon that can't naturally be found. The other Hoenn Fire types are really average, so this was worth it.

Breloom

Even that Shroomish was no ordinary Shroomish. It was an Adamant Quick Feet Shroomish with 5 perfect IVs. Thank you trade shops. I would've bred this as well, but Breloom is in the Fluctuating exp group, meaning it takes roughly 1.5 times the exp to get to level 100 anyway.

Metagross

Not that Metagross mind, but one of its offspring. Yep. I bred a shiny Beldum because it had Steven as its OT rather than me and gets that exp boost as a result. Also because it has Iron Head and Zen Headbutt, which break the game even further. Having a Beldum with just Take Down is part of the hardship of raising it. Seeing it become a badass psychic battle tank is part of the joy.

Flygon

Ha! A Pokemon from Hoenn, actually caught in Hoenn! There's nothing stopping me from simply catching a Trapinch when the time comes. I've wanted to use one of these guys for ages, and ORAS gives it one the best levelup movesets ever, including Earthquake at lvl 33 of all places.

Heliolisk

Manectric sucks. Electrode sucks more. Plusle and Minun are infamously sucky and I've already used the Magnemite family(to great effect in BW2). That means I was almost forced to import a Heliolisk. To be utterly honest, Heliolisk, only sucks slightly less than Manectric, but certain things, such as Dry Skin, the ability to learn Surf of all moves and a cool design, just put it a few steps ahead of all other Hoenn electric types.

I suppose I can thank Pokemon Bank for all this. It allows trading pokemon despite only having access to one device, and in the absence of the wide selection of pokemon available in most latter gen games, I was able to make the ideal ORAS team.

Polecat

Cool Cat
I wouldn't mind some suggestions on what to use for my team. I'm at a bit of a standstill right now (my 3DS broke) but when I get back to playing I have some plans for a team.

I currently have:

-Combusken
-Aron
-Kadabra

I plan to use a Flygon and a Kecleon when they become available. I also need a Water-type, but that one's up in the air and I'm mostly between Crawdaunt and Walrein. I've raised a Koffing and a Lombre a bit as well, but I'm not sure I want to use them in the game. I'm going to use only Pokemon available in Hoenn before the National Dex during the main story. Any suggestions as to what to use in my team, especially for the Water-types? If it makes a difference I'm going to use a Protean Kecleon.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
I wouldn't mind some suggestions on what to use for my team. I'm at a bit of a standstill right now (my 3DS broke) but when I get back to playing I have some plans for a team.

I currently have:

-Combusken
-Aron
-Kadabra

I plan to use a Flygon and a Kecleon when they become available. I also need a Water-type, but that one's up in the air and I'm mostly between Crawdaunt and Walrein. I've raised a Koffing and a Lombre a bit as well, but I'm not sure I want to use them in the game. I'm going to use only Pokemon available in Hoenn before the National Dex during the main story. Any suggestions as to what to use in my team, especially for the Water-types? If it makes a difference I'm going to use a Protean Kecleon.

I would recommend Azumarill, Milotic or Gyarados. Arguably three of the best water types in all of Hoenn.

Azumarill since the Physical/Special split and the addition of the Fairy type is a force now to be reckoned with. Just make sure is is a Huge Power Azumarill to make the best of it's abilities. Only downside is it's atrocious speed. So if you want a Physical Water type this one is for you.

Milotic has always been a good water type, very defensive and pretty offensive as well. Downside is it's very dry move pool, not much going on there. So if you want a bulky special attacker this one is for you.

Gyarados as common as it is is pretty dang good. Very good move pool, all out attacker , good ability and pretty defensive as well. Only real downside is the struggle it takes to actually get one. Training a Pokemon who's moves are Splash and Tackle coupled with lack luster stats can be a pain lol

Srignan

I am currently at Mossdeep city. I personally played Emerald like a million times and ever since emerald, I made myself a rule never to use the same
in game more than once except with fire types. Also I keep my Pokemon very under leveled for the challenge.

Currently, I have a Charizard, I love fire types and I had to have at least one fire type. And I was super excited about this Charizard because it was a level 1 charmander with flare blitz and had a jolly nature. So I have a good feeling it has good iv too.

Metagross is great for attack and steel types don't have many weaknesses.

I just love Latios and I was super happy back in Emerald when I saw Latios, so I decided to use if for nostalgia.

I am using a Sharpedo because it looks pretty cool and the surfing boost is nice.

I really want to use Glalie's mega evolution and surprisingly I never used Glalie before.

Do you guys have any suggestions for a sixth pokemon? I was thinking of an electric type but I don't really like Manetric or Electrode. I used Magemite before in Fire red. And I am not even going to talk about math symbols. I feel like I need a pokemon that counters water types, but I am open to all suggestions.

Last edited:

TehSpiral

Terminally Chill
I'm up to a 79 win streak in Battle Maison Super Singles, I've been using this team for the last 30 or so wins and it's been a domination situation.

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly / 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
-Knock Off
-Ice Shard
-Ice Punch
-Low Kick

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly / 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbutt
-Ice Punch / Thunderpunch / Earthquake
-Hammer Arm

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid / 252 SpA / 252 / 4 HP
-Hydro Pump
-Gunk Shot
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse

This has been very effective so far, and a lot of fun. Weavile usually runs out spamming Knock Off, which tosses a lot of the BS Maison hold items to the curb (so many obscure Elemental Berries, Brightpowders, Quick Claw, etc.), and thanks to Choice band, it OHKOs most Pokes weak to Dark, and quite a few who don't resist it as well. It can be a bit of a suicide lead with the way I play it, but it is good for at least one KO 95% of the time. It only gets to use the rest of its moves if it has to switch out of being walled and there's less room for error. Mega Metagross is there to punch holes in things, and mops up whatever Weavile leaves behind. Greninja is a bit of a failsafe in case things go wrong, and if there's no point in using regular Attack.

There is a slight issue with fire types every now and then, but they don't seem to pop up too much. I'm considering changing Weavile with a Bulky DD Dragonite or Gyarados to counteract this, putting Greninja as my lead again; she's more than capable of 3-0ing several teams with just the right matchups, sometimes 10 in a row or more. I'm hoping I can take it to at least 100 wins!

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
This is my current team in Alpha Sapphire, as of getting the ability to obtain Mega Evolution.

Swampert ♂ Lv44
Mild, Torrent, Capable of taking hits
- Surf
- Mud Shot
- Bulldoze
- Rock Slide

This guy has been making the game so easy, he's like solo'd Wattson and Flannery and also defeated Roxanne alongside my Shroomish (now a Breloom) and that was all while he was still a Marshtomp. Can't wait for the moment where I get his Mega Stone eventually.

Breloom ♀ Lv43
Naughty, Poison Heal, Capable of taking hits
- Mega Drain
- Headbutt
- Mach Punch
- Sky Uppercut

A wrecking ball by nature, she often finds herself OHKO-ing or 2HKO-ing almost anything. Really strong physical attacker helped even further by a +Attack nature. She ain't no Technician, but still means business.

Camerupt ♀ Lv41 @ Quick Claw
Brave, Magma Armor, Nods off a lot
- Flame Burst
- Earth Power
- Strength
- Rock Slide

I'm not one who's good with using slow Pokemon, but this thing hits so hard it just had to earn a spot. At least her Quick Claw should help alleviate the speed issue, even if she never always gets it going much. The good thing is that Numel do have strong moves right from capture which is awesome.

Gardevoir ♀ Lv41
Brave, Trace, Likes to fight
- Psychic
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Magical Leaf

It took me ages to find a decent Ralts, but the dedication made this one shine bright. Just noticed how well she handles Team Aqua grunts and all their pesky Dark and Poison-types. I can definitely say Gardevoir is much better to use in the main story now with that Fairy-type.

Manectric ♀ Lv42 @ Manectite
Lax, Lightning Rod, Takes plenty of siestas
- Discharge
- Strength
- Bite
- Volt Switch

This girl has been feisty ever since she was a wild Pokemon, wasting a few balls when I was trying to catch her so it showed the potential she had. She has often been my main answer to wiping out all those Water-type trainers encountered later in the game, especially after getting access to Surf. I also never used Mega Manectric before so this gave me the perfect opportunity.

Altaria ♀ Lv41
Careful, Natural Cure, Very finicky
- Secret Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Aerial Ace
- Cotton Guard

Took me a while to train this cutie to catch up with the others, but at least she's now getting good moves and hopefully will also get her chance to Mega Evolve and be an even stronger and fluffier part of the team.

Last edited:

devondashla

I'm gonna take this chance to show off my planned Alpha Sapphire team that I've come up with. Currently breeding a couple of the Pokemon in X as we speak so that I can have post-National Dex pokemon for my in-game team. Speaking of which, if anyone could hand me a spare Togetic I could take off their hands, that would be great...

tumblr_n7ntez8q4F1s5h198o1_500.gif

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Blaze/Speed Boost
- Flamethrower
- High Jump Kick
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Punch

tumblr_n8ttvokXMu1qf8rnjo2_500.gif

Leafeon @ Quick Claw
Leaf Guard
- Leaf Blade
- Return
- X-Scissor
- Aerial Ace

tumblr_mqh2wrMDA61szx1oxo1_500.gif

Togekiss @ Shell Bell
Serene Grace
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Psychic

tumblr_n901bjuLNQ1r890b8o1_500.gif

Dusknoir @ Spooky Plate
Pressure
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

tumblr_mvx4p11qLY1rjenv2o1_500.gif

Kingdra @ Mystic Water
Swift Swim
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon

tumblr_mvpcbs073f1swdfc0o1_500.gif

Musharna @ Leftovers
Synchronize
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Calm Mind

I'm also in need of a third Poke to place on here. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd like a Psychic type, but the Psychic types in Hoenn aren't very appealing to me (except Medicham, but I already have a fighting type on my team).

EDIT: I'm going to go with Musharna as my Psychic type :)

Last edited:

Polecat

Cool Cat
I'm also in need of a third Poke to place on here. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd like a Psychic type, but the Psychic types in Hoenn aren't very appealing to me (except Medicham, but I already have a fighting type on my team).

Depends on what kind of Psychic-type you want. Overall, though, I'd suggest Reuniclus or Espeon. If you want a bulky Psychic, Reuniclus is a fantastic choice. I used one in my last White playthrough, and it was extremely enjoyable to use, as well as powerful. Psyshock at Lv.25 is fantastic, and the overall movepool is quite good, with great TM options like Shadow Ball and Focus Blast. It's also great at taking hits, but it's speed is lacking.

Espeon, on the other hand, is more of a traditional Psychic type. It's fast with high Sp.Attack and decent Sp.Defense, but not as good at taking physical hits (Though it's stats are more balanced than, say, Alakazam). However, it's still a very enjoyable Pokemon to use. It's movepool, like Reuniclus's, isn't much different from the typical Psychic-type fare, but it does get the Fairy-type Dazzling Gleam by TM, which is a very useful move. In addition, it gets Morning Sun if you want to use it.

I'd suggest one of these two Pokemon, but if you don't like either, there are other options. If you want something more physically offensive, Malamar is a weird but fun Pokemon to use (But only with Contrary), Bronzong is great if you want a full-on wall, and Beheeyem, Jynx, and Mr. Mime are fun choices if you want to use something really odd.

devondashla

Depends on what kind of Psychic-type you want. Overall, though, I'd suggest Reuniclus or Espeon. If you want a bulky Psychic, Reuniclus is a fantastic choice. I used one in my last White playthrough, and it was extremely enjoyable to use, as well as powerful. Psyshock at Lv.25 is fantastic, and the overall movepool is quite good, with great TM options like Shadow Ball and Focus Blast. It's also great at taking hits, but it's speed is lacking.

Espeon, on the other hand, is more of a traditional Psychic type. It's fast with high Sp.Attack and decent Sp.Defense, but not as good at taking physical hits (Though it's stats are more balanced than, say, Alakazam). However, it's still a very enjoyable Pokemon to use. It's movepool, like Reuniclus's, isn't much different from the typical Psychic-type fare, but it does get the Fairy-type Dazzling Gleam by TM, which is a very useful move. In addition, it gets Morning Sun if you want to use it.

I'd suggest one of these two Pokemon, but if you don't like either, there are other options. If you want something more physically offensive, Malamar is a weird but fun Pokemon to use (But only with Contrary), Bronzong is great if you want a full-on wall, and Beheeyem, Jynx, and Mr. Mime are fun choices if you want to use something really odd.

Thanks for the suggestions! I mostly make my in-game teams to be aesthetically pleasing (a bit weird, but for me it's what separates my in-game teams from my competitive teams) so I honestly just wanted a pink Pokemon, lol. I'm going to go with Musharna because I've never used it before :)

Bruyen

My in game team right now is:

-Grovyle
-Swellow
-Numel
-Swablu
-Latias

And I plan on using Milotic in the future. Pretty fun team with many of my favorite pokes from Hoenn, so I really enjoy using it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.