• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Okay so the team and why I choose who to be on it.

Swampert- My starter and I've never gotten to actually use a Swampert in-game before, I used Blaziken in the originals so it was fun. He also has arguably the best mega that isn't broken (looking at you Blaziken).

Swellow- obligatory flying type and having a flying type for an in-game team is sort of a must have for me personally, sadly she didn't do as much towards the end of the game but was a valuable member nontheless.

Lopunny- My 5iv'd, Limber ability, EV trained party member. She was mainly on the team because I wanted one less mon to raise happiness for Return plus I wanted to use a Lopunny for the lolz. Turned out to be one of the best mons on the team.

Metagross (the shiny event one)- Really did not want to use it because of how good it is at the start of the game but since this game can't really be "hard" no matter how much you try, I figured why not?

Glalie (the ORAS Demo one)- Mainly there for late game purposes and to actially get usage out of Mega Glalie, because it really isn't that great.

Torkoal- Weakling at the start, MVP endgame neededd a fire type, Hoenn only has 2 picked her a result.

Flamer

Even though these things never quite work out, the team I'm aiming for once my copy of Alpha Sapphire arrives will possibly be:

Swapert - This is pretty much a given. I always use my starter through the main story, and on every game apart from Pearl have kept him/her on the team afterwards. Swampert's always been my fave of the Hoenn starters and now has the best looking Mega-evolution too
Ludicolo - Big fan of Ludicolo after my Emerald adventure. Should be available pretty early, so will have a good chance to stake its claim for a long term spot in the team
Linoone - Had one that was ever present in my Pearl team post-Elite 4, which considering how much that changed was no mean feat. Another that's available nice and early
Metagross - Love the colouring of Shiny Metagross, so definitely going to be making the most of the Beldum giveaway
Latias - In general I've always preferred Latios when given the choice, but could make for a nice change. Love its Mega-evolved form

The last spot is really up for grabs. Didn't play XY, so would love to try out some of the Gen 6 Pokemon later in the game. Got a few favorites from my Gen 4 and 5 games to transfer over as well, so can see this being similar to my Pearl save with heavy rotation

The team I ended up beating the Elite 4 with turned out to be pretty similar to what was planned.

Swampert (Mega) - My starter, as planned, and part of my team through the whole of the main story. Landed the final blow on Steven's Metagross to win me the League
Metagross (Mega) - Another who was part of my team from the very beginning. Along with Kyogre its the real powerhouse of the team, especially with its Mega evolution
Mighteyna - Caught as a Poocheyna during the demonstration of the DexNav. Its Fire Fang ended up being pretty useful and it ended up staying in the team ahead of Lombre
Manetric - An unexpected member. Caught a Electrike under cycling road, but as I only had 5 Pokemon at the time he ended up going into my team instead of the PC. Thanks to the exp share he ended up growing alongside the rest of the team, and proved to be very useful in Hoenn's water routes.
Kyogre (Primal) - Hadn't been planning on using it, but after battling its Primal reversion I couldn't resist. Mainly used on the Elite 4, and also played a big part in beating Wally.
Latias (Mega) - The encounter happened earlier than I thought, but as planned she went straight into my team, replacing Lombre. Was used when capturing Kyrogre

I did also have a Linoone who was caught early on and used through most of the game up until Victory Road and the Elite 4, when he was replaced by Kyogre. He's now back as part of my post game team though.

Post game I'm planning on rotating my team quite a bit as I acquire new Pokemon and transfer over a few old favourites. I've recently caught a Rhyorn, now a Rhydon and a Bravairy. Also got a Froakie from Wonder Trade, who I want to train up as part of the team too. The only real permanent members at the moment are Metagross, because of Hold Back and Swampert

PrimalKyogre

King of the Waves
Played AS and I got OR for Christmas. I just started, but I'm planning on running a mono-water team since it's my favorite type. I'm planning on using the following:

Swampert - Coverage against Electric; Will be especially useful against Wattson.
Pelipper - Coverage against Grass since Grass isn't super-effective, plus I can use it for fly.
Azumarill - Nice typing and will be useful against Sydney and Drake.
Walrein - Just felt like using one b/c I love how it looks and I've never used one.
Milotic - A pokemon that I've always liked but never really used.
Crawdaunt - I was going to use Sharpedo, but I already used one in AS so I wanted to use something else. Crawdaunt is basically the perfect sub since its type is the same and it's physical.

I think this team will be fun :)

I got both Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (actually 2) - Alpha Sapphire was my original team, and wanted to keep it mostly some of my favorite Hoenn Pokemon, and my team consisted of:
after Delta Episode

64 - Zorro, the male Swampert
Item: Swamperite
Nature: Careful
Ability: Torrent
• Earthquake
• Waterfall
• Muddy Water
• Dive

64 - Robin Jay, the male Swellow
Item: Lax Incense
Nature: Rash
Ability: Guts
• Aerial Ace
• Fly
• Brave Bird
• Roost

64 - Rose, the female Delcatty
Item: Quick Claw
Nature: Docile
Ability: Normalize
• Assist
• Rock Smash
• Play Rough
• Disarming Voice

65 - Rocket, the male Zigzagoon
Item: Everstone
Nature: Bold
Ability: Gluttony
• Headbutt
• Shadow Ball
• Cut
• Surf

76 - Kiara, the female shiny Mightyena
Item: Soothe Bell
Nature: Bold
Ability: Quick Feet
• Dark Pulse
• Roar
• Bite
• Crunch

86 - Zorro, the male shiny Zangoose
Item: Expert Belt
Nature: Calm
Ability: Immunity
• Swords Dance
• Strength
• Flamethrower
• Slash

At the moment I'm playing Omega Ruby, I'm using some of my favorite non-Hoenn Pokemon (location there I'm at Lavaridge Town) - those Pokemon are - Mienfoo, Glaceon, Zorua, Braixen, shiny Furret, shiny Watchog

So I've finally finished building my AS team, as I got AS for Christmas this year. This is what it looks like:

+Hadron+ the Magnezone, Lv.100
Brave/Sturdy/Safety Goggles
Thunderbolt/Flash Cannon/Hidden Power [Ice]/Thunder Wave

+Namaste+ the female Medicham, Lv.100
Naughty/Pure Power/Expert Belt
Drain Punch/Zen Headbutt/Thunder Punch/Ice Punch

+Shenlong+ the male Altaria, Lv.100
Quiet/Natural Cure/Altarianite
Dragon Pulse/Hyper Voice/Flamethrower/Roost

+Leviathan+ the male Swampert, Lv.100
Naughty/Torrent/Leftovers
Waterfall/Earthquake/Rock Slide/Return

+Rosalyn+ the female Ludicolo, Lv.100
Jolly/Swift Swim/Big Root
Surf/Giga Drain/Ice Beam/Leech Seed

+Mithril+ the male Aggron, Lv.100
Adamant/Rock Head/Life Orb
Head Smash/Iron Head/Earthquake/Dragon Claw

Edit: Also, since transferring almost all of my old Pokémon from X to OR, my OR team is finally complete, too! Here it is:

*Zeus* the male Manectric, Lv.100
Modest/Static/Safety Goggles
Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/Signal Beam/Thunder Wave

*Isis* the female Gardevoir, Lv.100
Lonely/Telepathy/Rocky Helmet
Psychic/Moonblast/Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball

*Aries* the male Blaziken, Lv.100
Mild/Speed Boost/Life Orb
Flare Blitz/High Jump Kick/Rock Slide/Shadow Claw

*Venus* the female Milotic, Lv.100
Calm/Marvel Scale/Leftovers
Surf/Ice Beam/Mirror Coat/Recover

*DaiTengu* the female Shiftry, Lv.100
Careful/Chlorophyll/Expert Belt
Leaf Blade/Dark Pulse/Hurricane/X-Scissor

*Magnus* the Metagross, Lv.100
Hasty/Clear Body/Metagrossite
Meteor Mash/Zen Headbutt/Earthquake/Ice Punch

Last edited:

Räven Velish

black lives matter
I recently got Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. My team so far is:
Ralts
Combusken
Tailow
Poocheyana

I definitely plan on having:
Gallade
Blaziken
Latias

I also will have either have a Sableye or a Dusknoir. I would love to here your opinions on who to pick.

I may use Honchkrow too. Not entirely sure yet.

I really want a solid water type like Sharpedo, but I really want something good before the fourth gym so they can actually have a chance to shine, and so I can have my team quick. What water types do you recommend?

I recently got Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. My team so far is:
Ralts
Combusken
Tailow
Poocheyana

I definitely plan on having:
Gallade
Blaziken
Latias

I also will have either have a Sableye or a Dusknoir. I would love to here your opinions on who to pick.

I may use Honchkrow too. Not entirely sure yet.

I really want a solid water type like Sharpedo, but I really want something good before the fourth gym so they can actually have a chance to shine, and so I can have my team quick. What water types do you recommend?

Wingull/Pelipper might surprise you, they're actually quite good. Also, Marill's line has become a stellar choice since becoming Fairy-type, but Huge Power ability is a must.

Pyroli

Banned
Sceptile ♂ (Korek) @ Sceptilite
Overgrow
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance

Delcatty ♀ (Mitsuru) @ Silk Scarf
Normalize
- Retaliate
- Sing
- Sucker Punch
- Dream Eater

Whimsicott ♀ (Overlord) @ Leftovers
Prankster
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Toxic
- Substitute

Drapion ♀ (Hyacinth) @ Razor Claw
Sniper
- Toxic Spikes
- Brick Break
- Night Slash
- Cross Poison

Aggron ♀ (Araxie) @ Aggronite
Rock Head
- Iron Head
- Double Edge
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Walrein [Shiny] ♀ (Freya) @ Icy Rock
Ice Body
- Hail
- Frost Breath
- Curse
- Waterfall

Golden_Arcanine

Right now, I've got Zangoose, Metang, Grovyle, Marshtomp, and Combusken as locks. I'm trying to find a sixth one, and I'm deciding between Bagon and Swamblu. Any choice or suggestions?

Mye

Someone has to win..
Right now, I've got Zangoose, Metang, Grovyle, Marshtomp, and Combusken as locks. I'm trying to find a sixth one, and I'm deciding between Bagon and Swamblu. Any choice or suggestions?

Swablu turns into something that barring perish song, has little use through the rest of the game. Bagon turns into something that flies, and can kill basically everything within its level range.

Golden_Arcanine

Does Umbreon get much burn in this game?

Swablu turns into something that barring perish song, has little use through the rest of the game. Bagon turns into something that flies, and can kill basically everything within its level range.

My Mega Altaria in AS begs to differ. He's been a sexy beast of destruction since I've been able to Mega Evolve him, but yeah, he does need his Mega Stone to be able to melt faces. I DexNavved for one with Hyper Voice, so that gave him a strong Fairy move (after applying Pixilate) right from the start, that also gets great neutral coverage against most opponents. Dragon Pulse helped deter foes who resisted Fairy-type moves, and then Flamethrower helped deal with pesky Steel-types who resisted both his STABs. I never needed to heal with Roost, but it was there just in case. He levelled up quickly, mine got to Lv.100 well before the majority of my team even reached Lv.90, and I stopped letting him fight once he hit Lv.93 because he was hogging all the EXP, what with all the epic tail he was kicking across the entire continent of Hoenn.

TL;DR version: Ye be warned! Meddle naught in the affairs of exceedingly fluffy dragons, young squire, for thine face be melty, and rather tasty with dijon mustard and alfalfa sprouts. ...what? Exceedingly fluffy dragons must watch their girlish figures.

Last edited:

Kartik

Hello, I'm new to internet forums. I'm sorry if my post "bumps" old threads or something, whatever that means.

I was just hoping I'd get a bit of help with OR Team Building.

I have 3 Badges in OR currently. Here's my team -

Grovyle Lv.30, Gentle Nature. Good Sp. Def, bad Def.

Mightyena Lv.27, Quiet Nature. Good Sp.Atk, bad Speed.

Kirlia Lv. 26, Bashful Nature. Nothing good, nothing bad.

Aron Lv. 24, Gentle Nature. Good Def, bad Sp.Def.

Now, I'm no expert at team building. I have no idea if this is a good team or a bad one. I can plow through the routes easily, but I want to know if it's really any good. I was just randomly catching whichever ones I liked from the old Ruby and Sapphire.

Could someone tell me how good these four are, which moves would do them good, or which items would be helpful?

Also, I want to ask which two Pokemon I should get to fill the two empty slots. I was thinking of Feebas for a Water type(I know how to get it) but I'd like expert opinion on which two I should really use.

Any help would be great. I hope you guys can help a novice out.

peptodismal

Bug Maniac
I ended up using.... all bugs. SURPRISE!
Beautifly ended up being my star of the show for most of my Alpha Sapphire. :D

DarkPoke001

Dark Pokémon Master
Wow! Omega Ruby is the first Pokémon game in which i've tried to work on a powerful yet balanced party during the story (BTW I never nickname Starter Pokémon or Legends :3 )

Sceptile - Lv.49 : Sceptilite
Overgrow

-Leaf Blade
-Mega Drain
-Dual Chop
-X Scissor

ShadowFang (Mightyena) Lv.50 : no item
Quick Feet

-Thunder Fang
-Rock Smash
-Assurance
-Crunch

BurstFire (Camerupt) Lv.51 : Charcoal
Anger Point

-Lava Plume
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Earth Power

Vortex (Flygon) Lv.48 : Amulet Coin
Levitate

-Crunch
-Fly
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake

Latios Lv.38 : Latiosite
Levitate

-Recover
-Dragon Breath
-Luster Purge
-Psycho Shift

Typhoon (Shiny Sharpedo) Lv.33 : no item
Rough Skin

-Assurance
-Surf
-Slash
-Ice Fang

Just need to balance out the levels!
Have only just beat 6th Gym ^_^

Alpacawhisperer

Pokemon master
Hello, I'm new to internet forums. I'm sorry if my post "bumps" old threads or something, whatever that means.

I was just hoping I'd get a bit of help with OR Team Building.

I have 3 Badges in OR currently. Here's my team -

Grovyle Lv.30, Gentle Nature. Good Sp. Def, bad Def.

Mightyena Lv.27, Quiet Nature. Good Sp.Atk, bad Speed.

Kirlia Lv. 26, Bashful Nature. Nothing good, nothing bad.

Aron Lv. 24, Gentle Nature. Good Def, bad Sp.Def.

Now, I'm no expert at team building. I have no idea if this is a good team or a bad one. I can plow through the routes easily, but I want to know if it's really any good. I was just randomly catching whichever ones I liked from the old Ruby and Sapphire.

Could someone tell me how good these four are, which moves would do them good, or which items would be helpful?

Also, I want to ask which two Pokemon I should get to fill the two empty slots. I was thinking of Feebas for a Water type(I know how to get it) but I'd like expert opinion on which two I should really use.

Any help would be great. I hope you guys can help a novice out.

I think it's fine. What gender is kirlia? You are going to have to get a water type though, to surf, dive and use waterfall. Wailmer is pretty good, but you have to get pretty far to get it. I have fought a couple milotic and they were very annoying and kinda hard to kill, so that would be a good option. If you want a flying type, altaria is good. It's hard training swablu (or at least mine was), but you should make sure it's the right nature. That way it can be a good physical or special attacker.

If you really want to bug opponents, get sawlot. Stockpile is amazing and acid spray lowers the target's special defense A LOT. Then You can use swallow to restore the hp you lost spamming acid spray. And then when they heal, but still have lowered special defense, a nice spit up or whatever other move you pick will finish it off. Plus it has high hp, so it can take some hits.

Räven Velish

black lives matter
I'm at a standstill for my AS team. I am almost to the Weather Institute and I'm wondering between some team choices.

Staples:
Blaziken
Gallade
Sharpedo

My team has a Sableye. I really want to use it but I would like to hear thoughts about it first. It could be replaced by Frosslass or Dusknoir, however both come later in the game when I'd prefer to have my team as soon as possible. They also require evolutionary items that are difficult for me to obtain. And unlike Sableye, none of them can Mega Evolve.

My 5th spot is between Magnezone and Skarmory. I don't know which one i should pick. Magnezone would give me an advantage over Flying type Pokémon that are a threat to two of my Pokemon, but I didn't use Skarmory in OR so I want to use it in AS.

And for my 6th spot, it is between Flygon and Latias. I like both, but I feel that Latias's partial Psychic typing could potentially undermine the usefullness of my Gallade, considering Blaziken is already partially a Fighting type. But I really like Latias and I'm not sure whether to get rid of it or not. I also really like Flygon too. And it's Ground typing gives me an advantage over Elctric types.

I'm also considering putting a Togekiss in there, however it is only available from an Egg recieved late in the game. I would have to train it upfrom Lv. 1 after beating 7 or 8 gyms. Also, i need a Dawn Stone. But judging from the giant mess thaf my team is, I doubt I will be using Togekiss.

To narrow it down:
Blaziken
Gallade
Sharpedo
+Sableye+/Dusknoir/Frosslass
Magnezone/Skarmory
Latias/Flygon/
…maybe Togekiss…

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Ami Mizuno

I think I have my ideas now, and a few options for the 6th member I have

Regigigas - Genderless - Name: Wreck King (pun on wrecking)
Normal type
Ability: Slow Start
Item: Muscle Band
Moves: Drain Punch, Zen Headbutt, Ice Punch/Earthquake, Return
Reason: Favorite Pokemon!

Whimsicott - Male - Name: Mr. Enter (Named after my favorite critic, since it is his favorite Pokemon)
Grass/Fairy type
Ability: Prankster
Item: ???
Moves: Worry Seed, Tailwind, Energy Ball, Moon Blast
Reason: Prankster allows status moves such as Worry Seed to go first. Use that on Regigigas in a double/triple battle, and Regi is back to full strength after Slow Start is gone.

Gallade - Male - Name: Ninjamurai (combination of Ninja and Samurai. Name selected because it has swords for elbows, and both samurai and ninja use katanas. )
Fighting/Psychic type
Ability: Steadfast
Item: Galladite
Moves: Close Combat, Zen Headbutt, Leaf Blade, X-Scissor
Reason: The team's Mega Evolver. I wanted a fighting type since the start as it is my favorite type, and Gallade was powerful, and has a fantastic design, so he was brought in. Also, so I can have a Pokemon in common with my favorite rival from the Pokemon anime, Zoey

Sharpedo - Female - Name: Ami (I always use a female water type named Ami, since Sailor Mercury is my favorite character of all time)
Water/Dark type
Ability: Rough Skin
Item: Sharpedonite
Moves: Waterfall, Poison Jab, Crunch, Earthquake
Reason: So I can have a choice between 2 Mega evolutons in battle, to better suit the team. Each move hits hard, and Sharpedo is fast, plus it's mega evolved state makes it MUCH less frail.

Raikou - Genderless - Name: Elesa (Named after my 2nd favorite Gym Leader)
Electric type
Ability: Pressure
Item: Wise Glasses
Moves: Thunderbolt, Signal Beam, Shadow Ball, Extrasensory
Reason: Needed a powerful special attacker and since Raikou had Max IV in all her stats, she was chosen for that job!

As for a 6th Pokemon I have a few thoughts: Gardevoir, Houndoom, Honchkrow, Mismagius, or Latios. Which should I get?

Also,what do you think of my team? Also, whould Regi have Ice Punch or Earthquake?

Status
Not open for further replies.