• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpacawhisperer

Pokemon master
Can someone pleas explain to me the whole perfect IV and EV thing, and a dumbed down explanation of how to get them perfect? I'm thinking I want to make a competitive battle team, so I figured I should learn how to do this crap before investing my time.

Also, where is the best place to train in sapphire? I have mid 50's and I want to beat the league again.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
Well, I didn't know where to put it...it is more for a competitive build for my secret base...The only reason why I use Oblivious over Own Tempo is cuz it prevents Slowbro from being Taunted, which helps when wanting to build up Calm Mind, but thx for your input, its greatly appreciated^^

That makes sense actually, I totally forgot that Oblivious prevents Taunt now in this gen too lols.

Can someone pleas explain to me the whole perfect IV and EV thing, and a dumbed down explanation of how to get them perfect? I'm thinking I want to make a competitive battle team, so I figured I should learn how to do this crap before investing my time.

And that is a long discussion, my friend. Check this article for EV's: http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml and this one for IV's: http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml or check out Bulbapedia. If you have any more questions, you might want to ask around on the competitive forums, those guys know their stuff a heck of a lot better than I do.

Last edited:

Alpacawhisperer

Pokemon master
And that is a long discussion, my friend. Check this article for EV's: http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml and this one for IV's: http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml or check out Bulbapedia. If you have any more questions, you might want to ask around on the competitive forums, those guys know their stuff a heck of a lot better than I do.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing me to the right place

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
Thanks for pointing me to the right place

You're welcome, man. I don't play a whole lot of competitive myself, mainly just casual battles, but I do train a competitive team for the Battle Maison and such facilities in-game.

Sprinter1988

Just recently finished the main storyline in my Omega Ruby Wonderlocke. The final team looked like this:

Electrode Level 60. Soundproof Electro Ball, Light Screen, Discharge, Hyper Beam.
(Mega) Pidgeot Level 64. Tangled Feet/No Guard Air Slash, Hidden Power (Psychic), Mirror Move, Hyper Beam.
Glaceon Level 60. Snow Cloak Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Barrier, Hidden Power (Ground).
Steelix (aka: Thumper) Level 61. Rock Head Earthquake, Rock Slide, Strength, Gyro Ball.
Cacturne Level 62. Sand Veil Needle Arm, Spiky Shield, Power-Up Punch, Feint Attack.
Dustox Level 61, Shield Dust Bug Buzz, Psychic, Sludge Bomb, Quiver Dance.

Frankly I was surprised Dustox made it. He was like the fifth pokemon I got and somehow he just managed to stay on the team from then on. I nearly lost both him and Cacturne to the Elite Four while everyone nearly died in the battle against Stephen (Electrode and Glaceon especially!)

Pidgeot managed to be the star of the team. Whoever sent it obviously caught it on the first route in X or Y because it was only level Three when I got it in Lavaridge Town. Fortunately I had already played though Alpha Sapphire and knew where to find the Pidgeotite. I never quite got around to teaching him Hurricane like all Mega Pidgeot should know, but for playing through the game Air Slash was more than adequate. Also, blasting things with a powered up, STAB Hyper Beam is oddly satisfying, especially as it uses its Gen 1 sound effect. Maxie's Crobat never knew what hit it!

Sadly no Locke is ever without its deaths and I had quite a few. Tentacruel, Zangoose and Charizard were all with me for a long time and by rights each should have made it to the league were it not for a couple of stupid mistakes. Persian, Forretress, Azumarill, Flareon, Pikachu, Combusken, Chinchou, Marill, Tentacool and Whismur also fell during the challenge, but no death hit harder than Blue the Deino I was so determined to use that little bugger after Persian died, but that stupid Sandslash got in a critical hit!

Oh well, time to do the Delta Episode, though I'm not sure if I'll keep the locke format going now that the main storyline is over.

I've built a Battle Box team from my AS all-stars, too, and this one I actually like more than my OR one.

Pharaoh the Luxray (M) Lv.100
Adamant/Intimidate/Shell Bell
-Wild Charge/Ice Fang/Superpower/Crunch

Aodhan the Sylveon (M) Lv.100
Serious/Pixilate/Rocky Helmet
-Hyper Voice/Psyshock/Shadow Ball/Calm Mind

Drakor the Charizard (M) Lv.100
Jolly/Blaze/Charizardite X
-Flare Blitz/Outrage/Earthquake/Steel Wing

Hayabusa the Greninja (M) Lv.100
Quirky/Torrent/Expert Belt
-Waterfall/Dark Pulse/Ice Beam/Gunk Shot

Slythir the Serperior (M) Lv.100
Timid/Contrary/Leftovers
-Leaf Storm/Dragon Pulse/Leech Seed/Substitute

Mythril the Aggron (M) Lv.100
Adamant/Rock Head/Life Orb
-Head Smash/Iron Head/Earthquake/Dragon Claw

Last edited:

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
I've built a Battle Box team from my AS all-stars, too, and this one I actually like more than my OR one.

Pharaoh the Luxray (M) Lv.100
Adamant/Intimidate/Safety Goggles
-Wild Charge/Ice Fang/Superpower/Crunch

Aodhan the Sylveon (M) Lv.100
Serious/Pixilate/Rocky Helmet
-Hyper Voice/Psyshock/Shadow Ball/Calm Mind

Drakor the Charizard (M) Lv.100
Jolly/Blaze/Charizardite X
-Flare Blitz/Outrage/Earthquake/Steel Wing

Hayabusa the Greninja (M) Lv.100
Quirky/Torrent/Expert Belt
-Surf/Dark Pulse/Ice Beam/Grass Knot

Slythir the Serperior (M) Lv.100
Timid/Contrary/Leftovers
-Leaf Storm/Dragon Pulse/Leech Seed/Substitute

Mythril the Aggron (M) Lv.100
Adamant/Rock Head/Life Orb
-Head Smash/Iron Head/Earthquake/Dragon Claw

Looks like a pretty solid team to me! The only things I don't really understand are why your Luxray is holding the Safety Goggles? I would have used maybe a more offensive item, or something like a Shell Bell to recover damage lost from Wild Charge. Also, I don't know if you really need Grass Knot on Greninja. I like the Expert Belt, but there are other moves you could use instead to get more coverage, especially since you have a grass type already with more consistent moves.

Looks like a pretty solid team to me! The only things I don't really understand are why your Luxray is holding the Safety Goggles? I would have used maybe a more offensive item, or something like a Shell Bell to recover damage lost from Wild Charge. Also, I don't know if you really need Grass Knot on Greninja. I like the Expert Belt, but there are other moves you could use instead to get more coverage, especially since you have a grass type already with more consistent moves.

Yeah, Grass Knot is dead weight on Greninja. I was thinking about teaching him Gunk Shot to deal with Fairies, I could grind out the 16 BP I need for that in a few minutes' time.

Shell Bell might work for Luxray, and it's not hard to get, either. It's just annoying having to wait for specific times of day to get the parts. Or, I could just turn back my 3DS' clock.

Last edited:

Koumashiki

ポケモントレーナーになる?
My AS finally arrived 2 days ago, and I'm having 3 badges by now. And thanks to Paladin of Arceus' suggestion, I came up with my current team:

M Marshtomp lv.27 Torrent
M Kirlia lv. 23 Trace (will evolve to Gardevoir)
F Loudred lv. 23 Soundproof
F Hariyama lv. 24 Guts
M Electrike lv. 17 Static (yes, he's underleveled so I have to slow down to train him so he could catch up with the rest :( )
Gonna catch a Swablu as soon as I get to Fallarbor Town. It's gonna be a female since I want gender balance xD

vespiqueen

Right now, I'm with
Combusken lv. 29
Mightyena lv. 26
Pikachu lv. 26
Kirlie lv. 26

I'm not sure how long it will stay this way though. Might be some drastic team changes soon.

Last edited:

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
Yeah, Grass Knot is dead weight on Greninja. I was thinking about teaching him Gunk Shot to deal with Fairies, I could grind out the 16 BP I need for that in a few minutes' time.

Shell Bell might work for Luxray, and it's not hard to get, either. It's just annoying having to wait for specific times of day to get the parts. Or, I could just turn back my 3DS' clock.

It's a little annoying, but you could still do it in one day. Do not turn back the clock however, because it takes until the next day to take effect. So you'd really just be stuck in a mess.

Miss Meta Mon

I ♥ Poké Dolls
This is my Omega Ruby in-game team, does anyone have any suggestions for hold items?

Blaziken
Roserade
Azumarill
Flygon
Absol
Aster (Exploud)

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
This is my Omega Ruby in-game team, does anyone have any suggestions for hold items?

Blaziken
Roserade
Azumarill
Flygon
Absol
Aster (Exploud)

I would definitely give one of your Pokemon a Mega Stone. I'd probably go with the Blazikenite on Blaziken since M-Blaziken is a total beast, but if you want to try out M-Absol with the Absolite, go for it too. For the other Pokemon, their items might depend on what kind of moveset they run. More defensive Pokemon might be good with the Rocky Helmet or something of the like. I usually go for offensive items, such as a Life Orb, Expert Belt (great for Pokemon with a varied set, like Flygon perhaps), type-based items to target specific moves (for example, giving Azumarill a Mystic Water to power up Aqua Jet, a priority move), or something that helps big hitters, like a Shell Bell (which I love to use on Pokemon that can deal a lot of damage, like maybe Blaziken).

Miss Meta Mon

I ♥ Poké Dolls
I would definitely give one of your Pokemon a Mega Stone. I'd probably go with the Blazikenite on Blaziken since M-Blaziken is a total beast, but if you want to try out M-Absol with the Absolite, go for it too. For the other Pokemon, their items might depend on what kind of moveset they run. More defensive Pokemon might be good with the Rocky Helmet or something of the like. I usually go for offensive items, such as a Life Orb, Expert Belt (great for Pokemon with a varied set, like Flygon perhaps), type-based items to target specific moves (for example, giving Azumarill a Mystic Water to power up Aqua Jet, a priority move), or something that helps big hitters, like a Shell Bell (which I love to use on Pokemon that can deal a lot of damage, like maybe Blaziken).

Do you know where in the game I can find the Absolite?

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
Do you know where in the game I can find the Absolite?

Yes, it's found in the Safari Zone, kind of in the top-left corner on top of a platform. I believe you need the Acro Bike to get it.

Miss Meta Mon

I ♥ Poké Dolls
Yes, it's found in the Safari Zone, kind of in the top-left corner on top of a platform. I believe you need the Acro Bike to get it.

Oh great, thanks!
Though to be honest, I will probably save my Mega for Blaziken, as it is a beast in-game (like you said lol).
Also, my Absol has Super Luck and Night Slash, so I'm thinking of giving it a Scope Lens for that 100% critical hit ratio Night Slash.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
Oh great, thanks!
Though to be honest, I will probably save my Mega for Blaziken, as it is a beast in-game (like you said lol).
Also, my Absol has Super Luck and Night Slash, so I'm thinking of giving it a Scope Lens for that 100% critical hit ratio Night Slash.

I used my Mega Evolution of my Sableye, but M-Blaziken is one of the best Megas around, especially for an in-game team since it's easily attainable. Scope Lens is a good idea for Absol in that case then, yea!

Miss Meta Mon

I ♥ Poké Dolls
I used my Mega Evolution of my Sableye, but M-Blaziken is one of the best Megas around, especially for an in-game team since it's easily attainable. Scope Lens is a good idea for Absol in that case then, yea!

The only problem with my Scope Lens strategy is that it has to come at the end of my run through, as the only way to get a Scope Lens in ORAS (outside of trading) is through the Battle Maison.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
The only problem with my Scope Lens strategy is that it has to come at the end of my run through, as the only way to get a Scope Lens in ORAS (outside of trading) is through the Battle Maison.

Hmm, that's true, good point. I think the Razor Claw (which has the same effect) can be found in one of the Mirage Spots. But that's kind of unreliable, and also kind of late in the game. You could try the Item Trade forum maybe? The Incenses are really cool hold items for Pokemon that I used early on in the game since you get them all in Slateport City. They don't have a Scope Lens effect, but they might be cool for your other Pokemon.

Miss Meta Mon

I ♥ Poké Dolls
Hmm, that's true, good point. I think the Razor Claw (which has the same effect) can be found in one of the Mirage Spots. But that's kind of unreliable, and also kind of late in the game. You could try the Item Trade forum maybe? The Incenses are really cool hold items for Pokemon that I used early on in the game since you get them all in Slateport City. They don't have a Scope Lens effect, but they might be cool for your other Pokemon.

Those are some good suggestions. I'll collect up a bunch of items and see which ones work best for my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.