• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

devondashla

That is an interesting team you have, and an interesting way to display them lol.
Why two Mega Evolutions though?

I figured why not, lol. I'll pretty much never be in a situation where I need both of their mega evolved forms, so it won't be a big deal. As for the layout, I just like messing around with layouts and stuff like that.

Miss Meta Mon

I ♥ Poké Dolls
I figured why not, lol. I'll pretty much never be in a situation where I need both of their mega evolved forms, so it won't be a big deal. As for the layout, I just like messing around with layouts and stuff like that.

I suppose I know where you are coming from; I wanted to have Mega Blaziken and Mega Absol on my team for the variety, in case I ever needed one or the other in a certain situation.

Navarch

I've been considering this for a team in Alpha Sapphire:

Swampert
Gardevoir
Plusle
Seviper
Salamence
Absol

SpoinkyPearl

My original in-game team consisted of:

Blade/Sceptile lv. 64
Night Slash
Rock Smash (lol, added this lately just for the Mirage Spots, going to replace this with Swords Dance or something)
X-Scissor
Leaf Blade

Yuuki/Gardevoir lv. 65
Hypnosis
Psychic
Dream Eater
Moonblast

Sirocco/Flygon lv. 64
Earthquake
Boomburst
Bug Buzz
Dragon Claw

Kitsune/Ninetales lv. 64
Nasty Plot
Extrasensory
Dark Pulse
Flamethrower

Altair/Altaria lv. 65
Dragon Pulse
Cotton Guard
Sky Attack
Moonblast

Callisto/Starmie lv. 64
Surf
Recover
Thunderbolt
Psychic

And now I'm in middle of building a new team. Then I'll have this great team of 12 Pokémon and I'm going to rotate them : ) New team (currently; some changes are probably coming in their moves):

Solana/Volcarona lv. 60
Double-Edge
Bug Bite
Quiver Dance
Heat Wave

Tenko/Shiftry lv. 61
Foul Play
Synthesis
Sunny Day
Leaf Blade

Aurore/Milotic lv. 61
Recover
Coil
Surf
Ice Beam

Tobias/Togekiss lv. 61
Dazzling Gleam
Air Slash
Metronome
Aura Sphere

SalazarSalamence lv. 61
Dragon Claw
Fly
Zen Headbutt
Crunch

Yukiko/Froslass lv. 60
Blizzard
Crunch
Shadow Ball
Hail

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I've got numerous competitive battle-ready Pokemon at hand I use for the Battle Maison. In addition it only takes me a few hours to whip up another one and train it, since I transfer them over to X and use the ridiculously overpowered Restraunte Le Wow to get them to level 100 within an hour, and hordes make EV training a breeze as well. The only tricky part is breeding them, but that became significantly easier when I got my hands on a 6IV Ditto. Now I'm collecting competitive legendaries since those can't be bred.

I don't really feel like typing out the sets for almost 50 Pokemon so I'll just list them.

Azelf
Salamence (Mega)
Kangaskhan (Mega)
Gengar
Aegislash
Greninja
Tyranitar
Charizard (Mega-Y)
Heatran
Politoed
Suicune
Jolteon
Tornadus
Landorus-T
Zangoose (Haha this thing is hilarious to use in-game. 1hit everything with Facade)
Gardevoir (Can switch between Mega set and non-Mega set)
Gyarados
Ninetales
Rotom-W
Latios
Regirock
Galvantula
Glalie (Mega)
Sylveon
Serperior
Medicham (Mega)
Garchomp
Darmanitan
Sableye (Mega)
Porygon-Z
Chansey
Noivern
Latias
Gallade (Mega)

In addition I also have several non-Battle Maison legal competitive Ubers;

Jirachi
Rayquaza (Mega)
Groudon (Primal)
Kyogre
Deoxys-A
Diancie (Mega)
Darkrai
Arceus-Fairy
Keldeo
Victini

Autobot N

I love showing off my teams all fancily, so here you go!

tumblr_nctng86mqq1ruyj56o1_500.gif

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Overgrow/Lightningrod
- Energy Ball
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

tumblr_n37q51ez0d1swdfc0o1_500.gif

Arcanine @ Assault Vest
Intimidate
- Flamethrower
- Crunch
- Extreme Speed
- Thunder Fang

tumblr_msdazd1kMu1s035gko1_500.gif

Honchkrow @ Leftovers
Insomnia
- Dark Pulse
- Fly
- Steel Wing
- Heat Wave

tumblr_ml5fji9fKn1rrycfco1_500.gif

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Sniper
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Yawn

tumblr_nj5556Sq0v1qbmz7eo1_500.gif

Medicham @ Medichamite
Pure Power
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

tumblr_mtzyu2UTD81ruyj56o1_500.gif

Aggron @ Quick Claw
Sturdy
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Pretty good team, though I would recommend changing Sceptile's Energy Ball to Leaf Blade, Arcanine's Flamethrower to Fire Fang, and Honchkrow's Dark Pulse to Sucker Punch and Heat Wave to something else physical, as you could give them Adamant natures, making their Attack stats higher.

As for Divine Retribution, I'd definitely go with M-Salamence. I use it for Maison battling, and Aerialate-boosted Thrash does severe damage to everything except Steel and Rock types. I'd recommend giving it moves like Outrage and Iron Tail to cover it's weaknesses.

Last edited:

devondashla

Pretty good team, though I would recommend changing Sceptile's Energy Ball to Leaf Blade, Arcanine's Flamethrower to Fire Fang, and Honchkrow's Dark Pulse to Sucker Punch and Heat Wave to something else physical, as you could give them Adamant natures, making their Attack stats higher.

As for Divine Retribution, I'd definitely go with M-Salamence. I use it for Maison battling, and Aerialate-boosted Thrash does severe damage to everything except Steel and Rock types. I'd recommend giving it moves like Outrage and Iron Tail to cover it's weaknesses.

Mega Sceptile has much better special attack, but has few special moves to make use of it in-game (Focus Blast and Hidden Power aren't the best moves to use in-game), and Flamethrower > Fire Fang on Arcanine. And if I were to change Honchkrow's STAB move, it would definitely be to Night Slash instead of Sucker Punch.

Autobot N

Mega Sceptile has much better special attack, but has few special moves to make use of it in-game (Focus Blast and Hidden Power aren't the best moves to use in-game), and Flamethrower > Fire Fang on Arcanine. And if I were to change Honchkrow's STAB move, it would definitely be to Night Slash instead of Sucker Punch.

Dragon Pulse too. But anyway, the reason I made those suggestions is because it's better to focus either on Atk or Sp. Atk, so you can give it a nature that lowers the either Atk or Sp. Atk, depending on which one you aren't using.

Oh. And you could breed a Growlithe with Flare Blitz. Its has a higher power than Flamethrower and its a physical move.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

I use a more standard set.

salamence-mega.gif

Salamence @ Salamencite
Jolly - Intimidate
252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 Defence
-Return
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance
-Substitute

Misses out on a few things like Skarmory and Aerodactyl, but generally those aren't problems anyways, and Heatran covers them as well as random stuff like Frosslass and Mamoswine, with Sylveon to back them up with Wish/Heal Bell support.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Planning a dragon team for my next Omega Ruby file.
Sceptile - I also use a starter and it gains Dragon type upon mega evolution.
Flygon - A native dragon type as I am not comfortable with using national pokemon at the beginning of the game. Used for strength and secret power.
Kingdra - The same as Flygon, a native pokemon of Hoenn and it be used for surfing. Also waterfalls and diving.
Altaria - Native pokemon. Either this or Salamence will serve as my flyer. Rock Smash user.
Salamence - Same as Altaria. Uses cut.
Latios/Rayquaza - As soon as I get to southern island, replace Linoone which would be use for item pick ups only and then replace Latios with Rayquza at Sky Pillar.

Temporarily: Linoone - Although it is my team at the start, it will be replaced by legendary dragon. Only used for pick up.

devondashla

Dragon Pulse too. But anyway, the reason I made those suggestions is because it's better to focus either on Atk or Sp. Atk, so you can give it a nature that lowers the either Atk or Sp. Atk, depending on which one you aren't using.

Oh. And you could breed a Growlithe with Flare Blitz. Its has a higher power than Flamethrower and its a physical move.

It's not always 'better' to focus on one or the other; that is the entire point of mixed attackers. This matters even less considering that this is an IN-GAME TEAM. Also, even if you were correct, you would be assuming that I actually care about how viable my sets are on an in-game team. This thread is a place to show off teams, not for you to nitpick others unnecessarily and without any sort of substantial content.

Charizard86

Charizard Champion
It's not always 'better' to focus on one or the other; that is the entire point of mixed attackers. This matters even less considering that this is an IN-GAME TEAM. Also, even if you were correct, you would be assuming that I actually care about how viable my sets are on an in-game team. This thread is a place to show off teams, not for you to nitpick others unnecessarily and without any sort of substantial content.

I only ever use the in-game team for getting through the game's story mode, straight after that I box them and whip out my competitive team for the Battle Maison, Institute, on-line purposes, etc.

For example on my starter Sceptile I had both giga drain and leaf blade. For competitive purposes have 2 grass moves would be stupid, but for in-game Giga drain was a great way to replenish health on long treks through victory road & the water routes whilst leaf blade was perfect for dealing neutral damage in battles.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
My last team member is Imposter Ditto. I've maxxed its HP. So I'd like some advice as to what item would be best for it to hold. Is there anything allowing it to always strike first through speed?

NotABeginningTrainer

My last team member is Imposter Ditto. I've maxxed its HP. So I'd like some advice as to what item would be best for it to hold. Is there anything allowing it to always strike first through speed?

Well, you could transfer in a choice scarf if you want to. That is the item for imposter ditto to hold. If you don't want one/ can't transfer one in you might be able to use a quick claw instead.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Well, you could transfer in a choice scarf if you want to. That is the item for imposter ditto to hold. If you don't want one/ can't transfer one in you might be able to use a quick claw instead.

Where can I get one?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Where can I get one?

You can get the Choice Scarf by exchanging 48 BP (Battle Points) for it at the Battle Maison in ORAS. The Battle Maison is at the Battle Resort.

Last edited:

Navarch

Swampert (M)
Ability: Torrent
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hammer Arm

Salamence (M)
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature