• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraStorm13

Undaunted Explorer
lucario-mega.gif

I've gone over it before, but I'm planning on using Lucario as my starter for Omega Ruby, as well as the only Pokemon I'm going to be using outside of a mandatory Surf-Slave. Hoenn is the only Region Lucario hasn't been able to set foot into, somewhat ironic considering he debuted in a Hoenn movie, but anyways, I decided to use him since he's never been able to be used in Hoenn before, and I ultimately decided to do a solo-run to make things more interesting. I have a perfect Riolu egg on standby in X, and I'll also be transferring the Lucarionite there as well, seeing as I'm not sure that Lucarionite will be available post-game, and I really doubt it'll be in the main game so I'm transferring that for the sake of having my starter able to Mega Evolve. Of course, this is assuming there isn't some arbitrary limitation on trading a la FRLG, and while I doubt they'd pull something like that, a reserve team I have planned in the event that does happen is Sceptile, Gyarados, Dusknoir, Aggron, Manectric and a filler slot, probably something resistant to Ground, but I haven't decided on the last member of my reserve team yet.

Last edited:

Kyokkai

I haven't decided full teams yet.

I know that for Alpha Sapphire I'll be choosing Mudkip and for Omega Ruby I'll be using Treecko, that Grass/Dragon mega is just too good to pass up.

The rest is too difficult to plan though, who knows what Pokemon could be available.

Meowtastic

Not entirely sure yet, but banette is definitely going to be on my team.
Maybe walrein, tropius, spinda, camerupt, and whatever random thing I decide to throw in there.

That's just for a gen3 pokemon team, which i feel would be the most fun for a gen3 remake :3

Last edited:

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I am going to use only pokemon I have never had the chance to use in Hoenn before: 4th-6th Generation Pokemon. The only 3rd gens are going to be the event Beldum and my HM slaves. Here is my team of choice

Iron Fist Chimchar with Blaze Kick, Dig, Break Break, and Shadow Claw
Protean Froakie- With Scald, Hidden Power, Ice Beam, and Aerial Ace
Overgrow Snivy with Iron Tail, Aerial Ace, Flash, and Energy Ball
Sand Viel Helipotile with Surf, Glare, Thunderbolt, and Dark Pulse
Reckless Starly with Steel Wing, Double Edge, Aerial Ace
Event Beldum

Reserves
Honedge with Shadow Claw, Brick Break, Aerial Ace,
Overcoat Sweaddle with attacks undecided
Mold Breaker Cranidos with Hammer Arm, Rock Tomb, Dragon Tail

Hm Slaves
Makuita
Gorybyss

That is for the first playthrough with OR. I am not sure let what I'll use when I start AS

Goomy

Big Tub Of Goo-my
Since I'm getting both versions I'll probably split my teams between nostalgia and new world order, so with a copy of my original team for the most part, and then whichever Pokemon inspire me.

Ruby team will be Sceptile, Kecleon, Altaria, Banette, Gardevoir or Gallade, and Relicanth. Mega positions will switch around based on need.
I'm really excited to bring these guys back naturally in one generation, especially because this was the gen that really solidified my unwavering obsession.

Reimius

I haven't think my team fully just yet but I know my few choices already.

Starter: Blaziken
Gardevoir
Flygon
Aggron

Those four are my current choices. My in-game team is probably gonna have more than six pokemon.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
ghost team ftw :D

i have lots of shadow balls and returns on my team so I'm thinking of diversifying the move set amongst my team for my play-through of OR/AS :D open to suggestions :)

I'm hoping I can get through the game with just the surf TM but if i need cut and get lazy I have fly too.

The ghosts are already fully bred and ev trained as shown. I'm missing two TM's at the moment to fill out my move sets. Four team members are 5/6 perfect IV + nature. Megas will be megas >:D

353.png
Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png

majora
Ability: Frisk
Level: 30
EVs: 252 Atk / 201 Def / 55 SpD
Timid Nature
- Curse
- Feint Attack
- Thunder Wave
- Return

679.png
Bag_Ultra_Ball_Sprite.png

Ability: No Guard
Level: 1
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SpA
Brave Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Claw
- Brick Break
- Hidden Power

487.png
==>
487-o.png
Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png

Dream
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Return
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

092.png
Bag_Moon_Ball_Sprite.png

yuga
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 188 Def / 252 SpA / 68 SpD
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt

592.png
Bag_Quick_Ball_Sprite.png

morpha
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Scald

710.png
Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png

dongo
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 60 Atk / 196 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Return
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball

change of plans. This is now my Y team xD

this is my ORAS team.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucario-Mega
Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png

Ability: Adaptability
- Flash Cannon
- Rock Smash
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance

Mawile-Mega
Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png

Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk
- Rock Slide
- Giga Impact
- False Swipe
- Brick Break

Aggron-Mega
Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png

Ability: Filter
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Sandstorm
- Shadow Claw

Metagross-Mega
Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png

Ability: Tough Claws
Brave Nature
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Ferrothorn
Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png

Ability: Iron Barbs
Brave Nature

Klefki
Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Dazzling Gleam

Last edited:

lavanda

Really feeling it
Probably this:

Sceptile
Ninjask
Mawile (Mega)
Torkoal
Walrein
Sableye (Mega, post-game)

Basically, half sweeper, half bulky, Grass-Fire-Water triangle and a Mega. I always have 5 mains and a HM user, so Sableye is gonna take turns with Mawile.

Autobot N

I think my final team will be:

Sceptile (Sceptilite): The starter I chose on Emerald. I always thought he looked the coolest.

Charizard (Charizardite Y): He is beast, and there aren't many fire type or flying type pokemon in hoenn that i like too well.

Gallade (Galladite) Gallade and his mega look awesome, and he is available very early on.

Shiny Metagross (Metagrossite): It is free, and it looks awesome.

Shiny Steelix (Hopefully a Steelixite): It is gold, and it's mega has good stats.

Phione: I don't really know why, was originally going to use Feraligatr, but i don't want three starters, and I don't feel right making Feraligatr a Surf, Dive, and Waterfall slave.

Never mind, replace Steelix with Flygon/Delcatty.

Hudsonn98

Still just playing around with ideas for teams. At this point the team will look like:

Sceptile
Gallade
Exploud
Gyarados
Donphan
Glalie

Last edited:

Rapiido

I might possibly go for my old Emerald team for my first playthrough, it was pretty balanced and was fun to use before I cared about decent stats and abilities and such

Swampert
Swellow
Breloom
Ninetales
Manectric
Girafarig

PrimalKyogre

King of the Waves
I'm planning to use the team in my signature for Alpha Sapphire.

Blaziken - Mainly because Sapphire was my first Pokemon game, and Torchic was my first pokemon ever. So, for nostalgic reasons. I don't think I will use its mega though.
Altaria - Mega-Altaria is one of my favorite Megas, but I don't think it will be the main mega on my team. I was thinking of using it as a secondary mega and my contest pokemon. I chose it because I could use it for flying, plus I've always loved this beauty.
Sharpedo - This is going to be the main mega on my team. I've been obsessed with it ever since it was announced. It looks so awesome and water is my favorite type. I also love its ability that Crunch and Ice Fang get powered up by. This pokemon is just perfect.
Metagross - I'm not turning down the Shiny Beldum. Metagross was a great addition to my main competitive team in XY, so I thought I'd use it here. I don't think I will be using its mega through the storyline, though (if you can get it).
Gardevoir - Gardevoir is a graceful pokemon that I always loved. It was on my XY storyline team so I thought I'd use it again. It's also Psychic and Fairy, which I really like. I won't be using its mega either.
Manectric - This one is just a filler. I wanted an Electirc type from Hoenn, so it fits perfect. However, when I get Kyogre, I will be switching Manectric out with it in the post-game since Kyogre is my all-time favorite pokemon.

For Omega Ruby, I haven't really planned a team yet. I think I might start with Treecko, though.

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
It's really tough to plan my in-game team this time since I've milked my Sapphire dry and I feel like I've owned every Pokemon along the way.

Megatile because it's my favourite Hoenn starter and mega starter.
Torkoal and Crawdaunt are locks since they're two of my favourites.
Probably Exploud since it's gotten more interesting to use with the Phys/Spec split.
Illumise cause I've never used it before and with online trading it's now possible.
Dodrio!? I've never used one and I like it.

Well, I guess that's 6.

Genos

TTYD
Less than a week for ORAS. Let's see.

Swampert- Mainly my favorite gen 3 starter. It's been a powerhouse for me since Ruby/Emerald. Not to mention it's Mega form is so ripped! *laughs*

Metagross (shiny event)- Like the XY Torchic event. I'll use this fellow throughout the game. Since we get EXP. Share early in the game. It'll be easy to level him up. Mega form is cool too.

Breloom- I've been thinking which Fighting type pokemon would be in my team. Thought of Machamp and Gallade. But I decided to choose Breloom since I shockingly realized it's part fighting type xD and I overlooked this pokemon a lot. I decided to give this pokemon a chance.

Salamence- I already used Flygon in B2. And Altaria is ehhhhhhh. Another pokemon I overlooked. Thinking this pokemon would be great for my team. Also it's Mega form is awesome.

Ninetales- Torkoal and Camerupt don't interest me. So I'll use Ninetales instead. Has good Sp. Atk and Sp. Def.

Electivire- A pokemon I wanted to use for a long time. I already used Raichu and Manectric. I have an Elekid ready to be traded to OR. With Ice Punch and Cross Chop!

This team is final. Hopefully be successful.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I plan to have a total of four separate teams, each serving a unique purpose.

My first team, of course, will be my default team, consisting simply of pokemon I'll be catching during my first run of the game. This team is not definite, though I can say with certainty that Swampert and Altaria will be in it.

My second team will be my post-game team. This will be the team I use to take on gyms and leagues designed through the Secret Base feature. This team may likely consist of pokemon I have stored in Pokémon Bank, but may also contain Milotic, Hariyama, Salamence, Shedinja, and/or Sharpedo.

My third team will be the team for my own gym. I have already created this team and have it stored in the Pokémon Bank, though it is still subject to slight change. The team, Ghost-type, has Aegislash as the signature pokemon, with Spiritomb as the secondary, and Trevanant currently as the third. The third choice may change between now and when I build my gym. The team's battle theme is "slow and deadly."

My fourth and final team is the team I will design for the Battle Jungle, the Battle Frontier facility I plan to create via the Secret Base feature. This team is meant to reflect nature and will consist of bulky and defense-clad pokemon. The current line-up is Audino, Vespiquen, Miltank, and Slowbro. The Battle Jungle may not be created until I obtain Omega Ruby, as I will have Alpha Sapphire first. However, if we are able to create more than one base, I may create the facility in Alpha Sapphire, along with my gym.

So far, the only team that is likely to remain as it is now is my Battle Jungle team.

I'm a role-playing person myself so by post-game i'll replace my Alpha Sapphire team with my old RSE team but since their already trained (all that's left is to beat all the contests again) I'll take advantage by using Pokemon I've never really used for some non-role-playing.

Majesty the Gallade
Because I love my old Gardevoir family of 4 from Sapphire and Majesty the future Gallade has had a chance to shine in Gen 4. That's going to change and his parents will be proud.

Swalot
Because I forget this Pokemon all the time and it's the closest to disliking a Pokemon I've gotten to. Gen 6 has convinced me to give poison types in general a chance though.

Masquerain
I just like bugs a lot and with Quiver Dance and a good movepool it could be quite useful.

Genesect
See Masquerain. Also despite me not liking to use legendaries in in-game runs, this was the only mon I couldn't get in Gen 5 so I'm finding a use for it somewhere. (Plus I can fly on it and that is awesome.)

Relicanth
Looks interesting and normally came too late for me to fit on an unplanned team. Can't wait to see Swift Swim Head Smash.

Swampert
Because of my original team Swampert is sadly lost due to a corrupted xd file. He shall be avenged and become the cutest Swampert in Hoenn again; even while mega!

GalaxianEX

After the new trailer, I want a Mega Gallade in my team even more.

aguilas_hhh

A critical hit!
Blaziken - My first Pokémon in Ruby
Gardevoir - She is incredible
Manectric - I love it.
Milotic - One of my favorite Pokémon
Altaria - The design of his mega is beautiful

Anyone want to help me make up my mind on a team, i need help lol

Altaria (would use mega), Swampert (would use mega), Blazekin, Salamance, Gallade, Gardevoir, Roserade, Metagross

I have a team im leaning toward with Altaria but then I would not have swampert and thus surf. (Im not sure how I feel about not having surf ._.)

Status
Not open for further replies.