• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post your in-game team and plans here!

Please do not clog up the thread with posts like “I want to use Mudkip” or other one-liners. Try to refrain from posting simple lists as well. Please elaborate on your choices to make them more interesting to read.
Do not simply point at your signature.

All general rules apply.

Last edited:

Grey Wind

[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/260.png[/img139][img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/407.png[/img139][img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/324.png[/img139][img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/330.png[/img139][img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/362.png[/img139][img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/477.png[/img139]

I'm definitely starting with Mudkip, and I'll probably use Roserade because I've had Roselia on my team like four times in the past but always ended up using something else. Torkoal and Flygon are there because I like them, and Flygon got a couple of new moves that make me wanna try it out again. I only want to use two megas and Glalie will probably take the second spot, unless there are more revealed in the future or it's exclusive or something.

My last spot is still kind of up in the air, I'm thinking of using Dusknoir but I'm not too sure. I kind of want something that's available earlier, but there's nothing else that comes early that I want to use. Idk, I'll probably just go with Dusknoir or trade something over.

ebevan91

I never really planned my in-game team before, and I don't plan on doing it now either. It just takes the fun out the playthrough, IMO. Then you have people complaining about how the game is too easy yet they breed their teams beforehand with perfect IVs, EV trained, etc.

I just know that I plan on going with Treecko and maybe Skarmory as my flyer. Other than that, anything goes I guess.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I tried being as neutral as possible, since I like making my teams as I proceed in-game. But I have kinda gotten a team together after seeing a new mega and thinking "Wow! Imma gonna use that!" Soo, I kinda have a team at this point.

Treecko as starter, for nostalgias sake. Treecko was my first starter back in Ruby, so yay.
Swellow as a flyer. Always liked swellow, so I don't see why not
Delcatty more or less entirely for Contest Purpose. It is so cute, and I used one in X, which gave me better perspective.
Wailord. Wailord is Wailord. therefore, I am gonna use a Wailord
Hondoom. Here's to hoping it is in the hoenn dex!
Metagross because of reasons!

I'll use my Emerald team of Manectric, Gardevoir, Blaziken, Milotic, Cradily, and Mega Metagross, in OR. I don't see any reason to exchange any old teammates for new ones, plus, almost all my favorites from my old team have Megas in XY, and Metagross will be added to that list in ORAS. It's too bad Milotic and Cradily don't have Megas, I'd like to see a Water/Dragon Mega Milotic Omega, and a Water/Fairy Mega Milotic Alpha.

As for my AS team, I'm thinking I'll go with Magnezone, Medicham, Mega Altaria, Swampert, Ludicolo, and Armaldo. I'll be swapping out Skarmory and Cacturne from my original Sapphire team, and replacing them with a sweeper Magnezone set and a tanky Rain Dish Ludicolo set, because I've never had the chance to use Ludicolo seriously in the originals, and Magnezone simply because I need a Steel-type and an Electric-type.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm going with Sceptile, Mightyena, Manectric, Camerupt, Lopunny, and Skarmory. Sceptile and Camerupt were Pokemon that I've wanted to use since long before the remakes were announced, Sceptile because it's the only 3rd gen starter I haven't used that much and Camerupt because I like his HA. Both of them getting cool Megas is just icing on the cake, especially Sceptile since it becomes Grass/Dragon. Manectric and Mightyena I chose because I wanted an Electric type and a Dark or Ghost type and those were the only two that I never used and actually want to use. Skarmory is because I wanted a Poison or Steel type for Fairies and I didn't want my team to be all 3rd gen Pokemon. Lopunny I used for similar reasons as the last three, I want to use something outside of the Hoenn Dex and I don't like any of Hoenn's Fighting types, and since Lopunny gets a Fighting type Mega in this game, it's a convenient choice.

Hondoom. Here's to hoping it is in the hoenn dex!

The Hoenn Dex is confirmed to be the same as the originals except for the addition of the 9 cross gen evos.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Milotic - This one is an absolute must. For me it is the most memorable Hoenn pokemon and it will be my ace.

Salamence - This guy is a monster and its mega will be one of the most over powered in the game I believe

Metagross - A shiny Mega-Metagross on my team? Ok! ^_^

Sceptile - I was always going to start with Treecko and since I've seen its mega it has solidified my decision.

Exploud - Boomburst!

Camerupt - I need a Fire type and this one interests me the most.

Plus I want lots of new megas on my team as I rarely use hold items in game so I will have Camerupt, Sceptile, Metagross and Salamence hold their mega stones while Milotic can have leftovers and Exploud can have Choice Specs or Silk Scarf.

I would have liked to use a Ghost type and a Fighting type but I'll get over it :) I absolutely have to have a Water, Grass, Fire and Flying type on my team. I have 4 pokemon taking up those slots. I am definitely using Metagross! So that's 5. The only member that might get switched before I play is Exploud though I don't see that happening.

Sceptile - I always started with Treecko in RSE, and whenever Hoenn starters were offered in later games, I chose Treecko. I'm so excited to use Sceptile's Mega in the full game.

Absol - The Physical/Special split made Absol so much more useful than it was in the original games, so I'm excited to use Absol in Hoenn with actually useful STAB moves.

Flygon - Flygon is one of my favourite pokémon of all time, and now that Trapinch is available (reasonably) early game, I can finally use one for the majority of the playthrough. Hope it gets a mega so much; holding out for November's CoroCoro leaks.

Walrein - Walrein is one of my favourite Gen 3 pokémon, so I really want to use one in the remakes. If it's only available in Shoal Cave, I might swap it out for something I can get earlier on though.

Lopunny - Loved using her in Sinnoh, and her Mega just made me love her even more, so I'm excited to see how she does in Hoenn. That said, I might use Gallade instead if I can get it earlier.

I'd love to use Altaria too, but I have such a big Ice weakness now that Glacia will wreck me. So I might switch something out when I reach the Elite 4 in place for Ninetales.

Honourary mentions include Xatu, Kingdra, Chimecho, Skarmory, Grumpig, Wailord, Delcatty and Medicham. I often switch my team out a bit depending on what's coming up in the game though, so they might get spots.

It just sucks that soaring is limited to the Lati twins. I mean, it doesn't, but it does. Flying around on a Xatu or Flygon would be pretty great.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
I'm just deciding between my classic RSE team and a new one i've been planning for some time.

My classic RSE team was: Blaziken, Swellow, Gardevoir, Ludicolo, Flygon and Armaldo. This team will probably perform better now that Gardy's a fairy type, Armaldo received a decent Bug STAB, and Flygon/Ludicolo improved after the Physical/Special split in Gen IV. Also i'd use my Blazikenite for the mega slot. Aggron could replace Armaldo.

My other possible team is: Breloom, Mawile, Camerupt, Lanturn, Froslass and Salamence. Just favorites of mine and also there's quite synergy in the team. I'm still thinking about whether i'll use Salamencite or Mawilite in this team though.

I'd also like to use Pokémon I never used in the original RSE (Crawdaunt, Gorebyss, Tropius, Roselia, Rhydon (both now evolve further), etc. Some of them will be used in contest (i.e. Gorebyss in beauty)

For my post-game team i'll probably recall some of my EV-trained Pokémon from XY (Ninja, Thundy, Venu, etc.)

Last edited:

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
For alpha sapphire

I'm picking treecko for that awesome mega sceptile and for nostilgia and trading over my shiny mudkip from x/y because Mudkip can't be left out of this all the starters must be used and I'll explain later in this post. a modest syncronize ralts for kyogre from x/y. shiny beldum cause wynught its free and its awesome. flygon for a flyer and because I've always wanted to use flygon in the originals but never did. absol for the same reason as flygon

In omega ruby
I'll be using torchic and going with nuzlokce rules

all of the starters Must be used because back in emerald I started with torchic but reset the game after slateport
then I beat the game with swampert and beat lucy with that swampert
then I reset the game again and picked treecko and played the game a hundred times over with him, occasionally picking mudkip over him but for the most part treecko was my guy

I also plan to do an unevolved locke where I'll be using unevovled pokemon only I plan on using mudkip for that run

Hasty

Moonside
I will pick Treeko or Mudkip as my starter, but I'm leaning much more towards
252.png
at the moment.

I don't like planning teams, it's more fun to build your team as you go. But I'm sure that I will use
323.png
and its Mega at some point in the main-story, really loving its typing and especially its Mega design.
And I will probably use
214.png
082.png
182.png
330.png
and
475.png
(and its Mega) at some point.

Prince Manaphy

I like Empoleon too.
Definitely Treeko cause I want May to have a Blaziken. ^^

Team building seems harder in ORAS, or maybe my personal options are that limited. But definitely I'll have a Claydol and an Altaria in my team. If I'm lucky, I'll snag a female Ralts and have a Gardevoir as well. A thid one I'll definitely have is Milotic. Gosh, that thing is majestic. And my final one would be either Manectric or Wailord. That'll be my possible OR (depending on the legendary version exclusives).

In AS (again depending), I'll have a Mudkip and my grass Pokemon will be either be Breloom or Bellossom. The rest may be probably the same as the other one, excluding Milotic. :/

My team will probably be:

Blaziken
Roserade
Gyarados
Aggron
Gardevoir
Flygon

That's the exact same team I used in pokemon emerald! Great choices.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoldakin

AS: ;254; ;330; ;348; ;350; ;342; ;376;

OR: ;260; ;346; ;475; ;332; ;478; ;334;

I don't know about some of them. I would like a special focused water type for OR for surf and for a flyer, I'm hesitant on altaria. Grass type might also be roserade instead of cacturn. Most of the fire types are garbage so screw the fwg core although camerupt might find a spot on the OR team.. Also, two water types are almost necessary because of 3 water hms; 2 of them physical one special; although dive might be jus ta dead space holder on one pokemon. Might put aggron or exploud on OR team because they can use surf :/ I only use pokemon in the regional dex for my first playthrough. The Or team is more subject to change. I like the AS and its pretty solid for now.

I might use a specially focused flygon just because of his new moves and I love the move earth power :p Also, too many physical attackers on OR team so that has to change.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Lets see:
Linoone - For Cut, Strength and Rock Smash use. Also with Pick Up ability to get items.
Swellow/Pelipper - A pokemon to use Fly so I can get to places.
Ludicolo(AS)/Azumaril(OR) - A pokemon to use Surf, Waterfall and Dive.
Gardevoir - To use flash to light up caves.
Sceptile (AS)/Blaziken or Swampert (OR) - I always use the starter pokemon, plus I can finally use Mega Blaziken since I miss the event for X and Y.
Latias/Latios - As an extra member in team, and I can try out the new souring feature.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm struggling in terms of planning my actual AlphaSapphire team. I plan on using Swampert as my Starter for sure, so I'll have my Water-type covered. I might use Camerupt as my Fire-type since it can Mega Evolve and Manectric would work well as my regional Electric-type. I'm leaning on using Gallade as well, although finding a Ralts sounds like a chore. Swellow and my Glalie from the demo will likely finish my team, but I want a Grass-type as well, so I'm conflicted. :x

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
I've had my OR for awhile.Most are because I like them,but I think I may have a couple weaknesses covered.Here they are:
Sceptile-Water,Rock and Ground coverage
Gallade-Normal,Fighting and some more Rock coverage
Swellow-Grass,Bug,Fighting coverage;flyer
Flygon-Fire and Dragon coverage
Zangoose-Just there because I like them and have always wanted to use one (I had Emerald,and then I forgot about them when I got Ruby)
Demo Glalie-Grass and some other coverages,plus an epic mega so I fittingly named her "Pac-Woman"

I'll most likely have a HM slave and just use Latios for soaring.

StarzZ

My Original Team was.

Sceptile, Swellow, Mightyena, Wailord, Aggron, Flygon, Linoone, Gardevoir, Ludicolo and Wailord

I rotate my team on situations and just to have a more rounded team and even though i will capture and use what i come across i cant see my team changing to much from the team above.

Leyniar

Definitely using my favorite Pokémon and might sabotage them a bit to increase the overall challenge. Don't know if it's been confirmed but I hope we trade from XY on day one.

sableye.gif
mime_jr.gif
ninetales.gif
mantyke.gif
umbreon.gif

Totally gonna use Mega Sableye, yay! I might use Skarmory as my flyer and maybe evolve some Pokémon before the Elite Four, though maybe I'll be alright hehe...

Last edited:

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Like I said in the other threads I plan to use a team of Pokemon of mostly Pokemon that i have never used in Hoenn Before: Pokemon from 4th-6th Generation Pokemon. I think it would be fun to use pokemon in Hoenn that we never got the chance to before. Specifically my team is

Omega Ruby
Chimchar- My Favorite Fire Starter.
Froakie- My Favorite water Starter and 6th Generation Pokemon overall. Also the most fun HA.
Snivy- My 2nd favorite Grass Starter
Starly- My Favorite Flyer
Helipotile- I just think he is cute and would be fun to play with in Hoenn
Beldum- My Favorite Psuedo legendary. I will be using the Shiny Version we get for the event. Only 3rd generation pokemon I am going to use for battling purposes in my First Playthrough

Reserves
Honedge- Its a Ghost Sword.
Sweaddle- Favorite 5th Generation Pokemon is Levanny
Crandios- Favorite Fossil
Maukita- 1st Hm Slave
Gorybss- 2nd HM Slave

Status
Not open for further replies.