• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think I will be picking Treecko because my brother wants Mudkip and I already used Torchic in Y. If Dawn Stones are available, I will definitely use a Gallade with its Mega Stone. If not, my mega will probably be Salamence or Altaria.

Dawn stones will definitely be available. Why would they make a new Mega for a Pokemon who evolves from a stone if that stone isn't obtainable.
The question is where will the stone be obtained.

Bamboosle

My original team was: Swampert, Swellow, Tropius, Flygon, Salamence, Dusclops. And i still have it in Pokémon X.
SO i think i'll start with Mudkip for nostalgia. Swampert is just awesome, and has a special place.

I'll use the event-Beldum too, just because i can. A Beldum from the beginning must be awesome. I never used Metagross in Sapphire because my team was allready set, so i hope it is a pokemon i can work with :p

But then the doubts start.... Am i going for a Blaziken or a Camperupt? Salamence, ALtaria or Rayquaza (even though i never use legendaries)? WIll i use Glalie, or Gallade?

So yeah only Swampert and Metagross are set xD

NotABeginningTrainer

I think I will be picking Treecko because my brother wants Mudkip and I already used Torchic in Y. If Dawn Stones are available, I will definitely use a Gallade with its Mega Stone. If not, my mega will probably be Salamence or Altaria.
I'm pretty sure dawn stones will be available from Super-Training like in XY.
My team will probably be...
Flygon
Gardevoir
Torkoal
Skarmory
Now I'm not sure. I like all the starters this gen, so the choice will probably come down to team synergy. I still need a surfer so I would either go with Swampert or Tentacruel. But then I don't know what I would do when I get Kyogre. If I decide to use Kyogre I wouldn't want to ditch my starter for it so I would take Tentacruel early. If I do that I would take Sceptile as my starter. If I do decide on Swampert my last team slot would go with... uh... I can't decide. I don't want to use the event beldum because everybody and their mother seem to be using it. Salamence would also be a pain to get a hold of. Not to mention I already have every type from these two pseudo-legends on my team. I guess I could go with Glalie but it doesn't appeal to me much.

Okay I give up for now.

Actually, I might go with Breloom. I've never used it before, so it would at least be interesting.

Last edited:

Navarch

I'm thinking of another team like this:

swampert.gif
gardevoir.gif
breloom.gif
crobat.gif
magnezone.gif
ninetales.gif

Swampert, Crobat, and Breloom would be male, Ninetales and Gardevoir would be female, and Magnezone would be genderless. The only kinda thing that bugs me a bit is Breloom and Gardevoir's similar color scheme, but thats me being picky. I really like this team though. :)

TeamUniverse12

Team Universe Boss
I'll be using swampert, breloom, camerupt, skarmory, aggron, and manetric.

Since I don't really want to use the event beldum, I decided to go with aggron, who I REALLY wanted to use anyways.

However, I need somebody to surf, since surf is a waste of a moveslot on swampert. But I don't think I'll use an hm slave, because I don't want any of my party to miss out on the experience. Any suggestions?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Anyone else struggling to decide if they should remake their original 2003 teams or make completely new ones?

I'm probably going to remake my 2003 team on AS after I finish OS.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I finished fully planning out my AlphaSapphire team a few days ago. I'm currently breeding for all these Pokemon on my Y version, so I can just send them over to AS as soon as possible (and then ingame availability shouldn't be an issue):

(Mega)Glalie ;362; ~ used it a lot in the demo so I decided to give it a try in the real game. I've wanted to try using a Glalie on a team for a while, too.
Exploud ;295; ~ think it will be fun to use because of its wide movepool.
Whiscash ;340; ~ I always have a Water type on my team and like how it gets Dragon Dance.
Skarmory ;227; ~ used it on an old Sapphire file and I usually have at least one defensive Pokemon on my team.
Toxicroak ;454; ~ I was looking for a Pokemon that could learn Fighting moves, then remembered about this one.
Gothitelle :576: ~ wanted to have a Psychic type on my team, and I haven't used this Pokemon much.

I have a pretty good idea about what my OmegaRuby team will look like too, though I probably won't finalize it until closer to release or even afterwards.

Omega31

This is the team I was planning to have in Alpha Sapphire:

Swampert
Gallade
Metagross
Flygon
Absol
Zigzagoon (as a HM Slave)

I heard you could catch Eevee so add Leafeon to the team.
Otherwise, that's gonna be my team.

Autobot N

I'll be using swampert, breloom, camerupt, skarmory, aggron, and manetric.

Since I don't really want to use the event beldum, I decided to go with aggron, who I REALLY wanted to use anyways.

However, I need somebody to surf, since surf is a waste of a moveslot on swampert. But I don't think I'll use an hm slave, because I don't want any of my party to miss out on the experience. Any suggestions?

Aggron can learn surf

norcali

Title Goes Here
It's fun seeing everyone's thoughts on their various teams. Torchic and I bonded those first few moments on Sapphire and Blaziken has been part of my team ever since so for nostalgia I'll keep it as my starter. Then I remember seeing Whismer for the first time and thinking it was the cutest pokemon I'd seen so I'll also us Exploud. For the rest of my in-game team, I'm hoping to use Hoenn pokemon I've never used before so I'll see who I bond with while on adventure.

Photonkrios95

I heard you could catch Eevee so add Leafeon to the team.
Otherwise, that's gonna be my team.

Based on the demo data, Eevee's a post game capture.

Reisuke

Apparently i died
I'm going for
Sceptile since i like it's HA and already got the blazikenite so it's out of curiosity

Milotic my favorite pokemon

Lopunny my 2nd favorite pokemon and (mega evolve) STAB high jump kicks fantastic!!!!!!

Sylveon i like the eeveelutions (the first thing i do in every pokemon game is trying to get them all)

Togekiss this one is probaly going to be my HM slave

Metagross a free shiny metagross why not? And for the other HM's that togekiss can't learn

Garyu

I'm so excited! I'm going to use a similar in-game team to mine in Emerald version. It was the version that made me realize me love for water-types:
Whiscash: Cause that face <3
Ludicolo: His typing is phenomenal *o*
Gyarados: With bulk, and intimidate, he makes the game easier ;)
Tentacruel: Well rounded poke
Wailord: He's so huuuuge!
Milotic: She's my all-time favorite pokemon <333

Britney123

I'm actually really struggling because I have played through the games at least once all the way through with each starter... And enjoyed using them all because they all become quite powerhouse-y so I'm really at a loss..

I've always loved Blaziken because I've always been a fire type fan
I've loved Sceptile because of it's speed and it's dragon claw, brick break, leaf blade and solarbeam move set...
I love Swampert because it's an actual tank and I love the move Muddy Water...

I guess I'll have to buy both and on one of them trade in a starter ;) lol

Autobot N

I think my final team will be:

Sceptile (Sceptilite): The starter I chose on Emerald. I always thought he looked the coolest.

Charizard (Charizardite Y): He is beast, and there aren't many fire type or flying type pokemon in hoenn that i like too well.

Gallade (Galladite) Gallade and his mega look awesome, and he is available very early on.

Shiny Metagross (Metagrossite): It is free, and it looks awesome.

Shiny Steelix (Hopefully a Steelixite): It is gold, and it's mega has good stats.

Phione: I don't really know why, was originally going to use Feraligatr, but i don't want three starters, and I don't feel right making Feraligatr a Surf, Dive, and Waterfall slave.

Shiny Rokon

I have played through all the games many different times with many different teams, some have been as I go, some have been all one element or meeting certain requirements etc. This time I thought I would play through alpha sapphire using sapphire from pokemon special/adventures team. So I bred them on x version & will send the eggs across. The team is Aggron, Blaziken, Donphan, Tropius, Wailord & Relicanth. With Minun possibly coming into the mix, not sure bout him yet, need one with the transfer only move shock wave :(. All their natures, abilities, moves & nicknames are the same as the manga :).

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
ghost team ftw :D

i have lots of shadow balls and returns on my team so I'm thinking of diversifying the move set amongst my team for my play-through of OR/AS :D open to suggestions :)

I'm hoping I can get through the game with just the surf TM but if i need cut and get lazy I have fly too.

The ghosts are already fully bred and ev trained as shown. I'm missing two TM's at the moment to fill out my move sets. Four team members are 5/6 perfect IV + nature. Megas will be megas >:D

353.png
Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png

majora
Ability: Frisk
Level: 30
EVs: 252 Atk / 201 Def / 55 SpD
Timid Nature
- Curse
- Feint Attack
- Thunder Wave
- Return

679.png