• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autobot N

So one of my favorite Pokemon is Jirachi and I happen to have two untouched lvl 5 Jirachi in my X right now.... I'm thinking starting the game with two starter Pokemon, my level 5 Mudkip and my level 5 Jirachi?? Thoughts? I've never used a legend in game before except for Victini for a couple of gyms during Unova but I really, really love Jirachi. Do you think it would be too OP for in game?

Probably not. I'm starting with a Phione egg because Wynaut.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
So one of my favorite Pokemon is Jirachi and I happen to have two untouched lvl 5 Jirachi in my X right now.... I'm thinking starting the game with two starter Pokemon, my level 5 Mudkip and my level 5 Jirachi?? Thoughts? I've never used a legend in game before except for Victini for a couple of gyms during Unova but I really, really love Jirachi. Do you think it would be too OP for in game?

You can use it if you want, its your choice. Personally I don't trade over pokemon straight away at the beginning, I usually just use my starter and the ones in my party.

Mudkipz_Lulz

Icy Mudkipz Breeder
Probably not. I'm starting with a Phione egg because Wynaut.

Points for lulz

You can use it if you want, its your choice. Personally I don't trade over pokemon straight away at the beginning, I usually just use my starter and the ones in my party.

I never have either which is why I'm at this dilemma but I figured since Jirachi is

A) Hoenn Native
B) Level 5 and untouched
C) One of my favorites

then I might as well do it.... The only thing I don't want is for Jirachi to be too overpowered... BST is 600

Rakurai

I think I'm going to trade/bank a Deino and Electrike over from X/Y to use through out the story.

Granted, I'm probably not even going to be able to fully evolve the former by the end of the game, but it's not like it's ever been a challenge, anyways.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'll probably send over a Fennekin to use. Not sure yet.

GalaxianEX

I'm considering sending one of my Protean Froakie over to use as my Water Type/Surfer in my OmegaRuby run. I usually keep my team within the Regional Pokedex, but sometimes I add one from the National.

Hyper27

Hyper27
If there's one thing I would say to the people who are going to transfer over pokemon from another game, it's that it might ruin the gameplay. In pokemon White 2, I transferred over a number of pokemon not found in the game and my final team ended up being Emboar, Torterra, Milotic, Staraptor, Haxorus, Lucario. This honestly destroyed the gameplay of the whole game for me because of how unnatural it felt with the game. That's why this time I'm only using pokemon that can be found in game in Alpha Sapphire so I get the "full" gameplay experience. Just a word of warning. It could be that no one else has felt this way and that its just me lol

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
If there's one thing I would say to the people who are going to transfer over pokemon from another game, it's that it might ruin the gameplay. In pokemon White 2, I transferred over a number of pokemon not found in the game and my final team ended up being Emboar, Torterra, Milotic, Staraptor, Haxorus, Lucario. This honestly destroyed the gameplay of the whole game for me because of how unnatural it felt with the game. That's why this time I'm only using pokemon that can be found in game in Alpha Sapphire so I get the "full" gameplay experience. Just a word of warning. Maybe its only me who has felt this.

Nah, it's happened to me, too. It just feels weird having pokemon outside the regional dex. I think it's always best to go your first run with regional pokemon; it's just more legit.

Last edited:

Hyper27

Hyper27
Nah, it's happened to me, too. It just feels weird having pokemon outside the regional dex. I think it's always best to go your first with regional pokemon; it's just more legit.

Yeah exactly. Back in the day when I didn't have link cables to trade things like starters over to my gba, I always wished to have the privilege to do so. But now, I realize that you truly witness the "Feel" of the game by playing it normally.

Lori

I bond with my pokemon a lot, and it's hard to keep them isolated to their home game, but it gives me a chance to bond with a new team, and in essence create a whole new life in a new game/region.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Nah, it's happened to me, too. It just feels weird having pokemon outside the regional dex. I think it's always best to go your first run with regional pokemon; it's just more legit.

Well yeah, when I play AS Fennekin is going to be on my team.
My OR one is already planned and I'm playing OR right away on Friday.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
If there's one thing I would say to the people who are going to transfer over pokemon from another game, it's that it might ruin the gameplay. In pokemon White 2, I transferred over a number of pokemon not found in the game and my final team ended up being Emboar, Torterra, Milotic, Staraptor, Haxorus, Lucario. This honestly destroyed the gameplay of the whole game for me because of how unnatural it felt with the game. That's why this time I'm only using pokemon that can be found in game in Alpha Sapphire so I get the "full" gameplay experience. Just a word of warning. It could be that no one else has felt this way and that its just me lol

Yeah, I don't see it. They're all Pokemon, it's not as if training them up is a radically different experience. And if there were anytime to use nonnatives, now would be it. The Pokemon variety hasn't been this bad in years, and some people might be bored with the older Pokemon.

Mudkipz_Lulz

Icy Mudkipz Breeder

See this is what I don't want to happen... now that I'm older I don't really by both versions until much later when one goes on sale so I usually only do one go around and I don't want it to be wasted. I always just play with in game Pokemon and have a great time cause it feels natural. I don't plan or breed over, I just pick up what feels good on my team and go from there. That's just me though and I don't want it to be ruined by trying something different but at the same time I do want to adventure a little bit and Jirachi seems like the perfect Pokemon to do it with seeing as it is a Hoenn native and seeing as your character is always suppose to be some super star kid trainer it would feel right to have the legendary and cute wish maker Pokemon by my side! haha i'm getting way too in depth with this

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
hmm I'm actually a bit unsure what to do normally I avoid using a pokemon that I have used on the first playthrough in the same generation. However witht eh weak trainers and prevalence of easy experience my teams quickly became too strong so I got a new pokemon to train thus building several teams through the game in both X & Y
Unfortunately we are left with a limited selection of pokemon even worse quite a few good choices in hoenn are already taken

Hoenn Dex Pokemon Used in X&Y:
Flygon, Salamence, Crobat, Blaziken(the speed boost mega one), Vileplume, Sharpedo, Manectric, Alakazam, Aggron, Golem, Gyrados Azumaril, Starmie... That really limits my options in game ORAS...

As of now I do anticipate using both Latias and Latios on their respective versions. For starters I'm planing Mudkip and Treeko (as Torchic was used this gen) I also expect to use Breloom and Whismur and quite possibly Spheal or Absol (which were both members of my Emerald team) I may also send over an adaptability Corphish and Tropius may see a stint on my team though I doubt it will get much use outside of fly, sweet scent, cut and strength... Poor thing back in ruby it had at least one free move slot as sweet sent was useless outside the safari zone. I will never forget that it was Tropius with a combo of solar beam and fly who won the battle against Steven when Groudon and Blaziken were out for the count... (For the record steven was down to his last mon which wasn't even steel type... they should have at least added more steel types so Steven could actually be a steel trainer...)

An other choice would be to join the swarms of hoenn and raise a Tentacruel(just like every swimmer ever lol)

I may also bring stuff from X & Y over from outside hoenn including perhaps mega stones

I guess that may be a problem for some but generation 3 changed that for me with quite honestly one of the worst species distributions in the series.
HGSS also changed that as the playthrough were I sent over a few eggs to start was one of my favorite playthroughs and the Arceus event was a fun addition with a baby Giratina and some of those event pokewalker pokemon.
while I agree with you for new generations in remakes I don't like being restricted to old options only as I've already done that...

But its all opinion anyway ^_^

Last edited:

AuraStorm13

Undaunted Explorer
Apparently there's a item embargo when it comes to transferring items from X/Y to OR/AS, presumingly until you beat the main game, so that really throws a wrench in my plans to solo-run Omega Ruby with Mega Lucario. In that case, the reserve team is moving to the front lines, being Sceptile, Aggron, Gyarados, Dusknoir, Manectric and I finally figured out my final member, Claydol, it fits rather nicely, it's immune and resistant to Ground and Fighting that Aggron and Manectric really won't be able to tank, and it's a Pokemon I like but don't really use often.

Lori

Yeah I would use Yeah I anticipated using mega medicham, but I got so attached to mine in X, that that went out the window. So my team is still really up in the air. :/ I'm kind of torn between using altaria or Pidgeot. and kecleon or castform. The struggle is real. Also I used delcatty every time I played in gen 3 so I kind of want to give it up this time but I dunno.

Peridomic

Trainor/Performer
I'm having some trouble deciding on a team..

I already know i'm going to start with Treeko but I'm not sure of the rest. I kinda want to use Audino and Vivillon for contests but that's all I know

Autobot N

See this is what I don't want to happen... now that I'm older I don't really by both versions until much later when one goes on sale so I usually only do one go around and I don't want it to be wasted. I always just play with in game Pokemon and have a great time cause it feels natural. I don't plan or breed over, I just pick up what feels good on my team and go from there. That's just me though and I don't want it to be ruined by trying something different but at the same time I do want to adventure a little bit and Jirachi seems like the perfect Pokemon to do it with seeing as it is a Hoenn native and seeing as your character is always suppose to be some super star kid trainer it would feel right to have the legendary and cute wish maker Pokemon by my side! ha ha i'm getting way too in depth with this

Do what you want to do. No one can tell you what to do but yourself.

ryanthehuman

Revised OR Team:
sceptile.gif
masquerain.gif
mawile.gif
manectric.gif
flygon.gif
ninetales.gif
latios.gif

Revised AS Team:
swampert.gif
breloom.gif
sableye.gif
altaria.gif
absol.gif
froslass.gif
latias.gif

I don't usually use legendaries but decided to give the Lati twins a go. I'm assuming you'll get them quite late in the day anyway and I imagine it'll be just like using a pseudo-legendary, given BST. Latios will be my surfer in OR, since there aren't a lot of Water- types that really appeal to me in the Pokedex. There are quite a few Mega capable Pokemon on both teams so I'm looking forward to trying those out. Big Ice/Fairy weaknesses though. I'll be using seven members on each since I might as well take advantage of the EXP Share without over levelling too much. Worked quite well on both my X runs. Maybe I'll make my AS team an 8-man and add Magnezone in, because dem fairies

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.