• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
My current team consists of Marshtomp, Lombre, Linoone, Lunatone, and Swablu.

I'm not sure how many of them will remain, but Marshtomp and Swablu are definitely staying. Linoone is currently an HM slave, so it's likely to get replaced later down the line. I may keep Lunatone, since it's incredibly good. I'm still not sure who's going to be my surfer.

Mudkipz_Lulz

Icy Mudkipz Breeder
I just encountered a Plusle and now I decided I am going to use a Plusle and a Minun on my team! Never used them before, I've always kind of liked them, and they are going to be baton passer's on my rain team!

It looks like my final team is going to be...

Swampert/ Mega Swampert
Ludicolo
Jirachi
Plusle
Minun

My 6th is going to be either Chimecho, Tropius, Crawdaunt, Whiscash, Lunatone. We shall see! I love this game so far!

Bluemage21

Switched my team from before, Now it is Mega-Blaziken, Meganium, Sandslash, Dratini, Tyrouge (just going to let him evolve to whatever, likely hitmonlee), and Finally Armaldo. Not sure wh i should replace with an HM slave when I need one.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm currently debating on whether or not to make a separate team specifically for contests, which could occasionally serve as my reserves. If I do decide to do this, then right now these are the only pokémon I was thinking about using:
  • Gallade- Cool
  • Beautifly/Dustox- Clever
  • Spinda- Cute
  • Vanilluxe-Beauty
  • Sharpedo- Tough

Last edited:
Right now my team is

-Treecko (docile)
-Poochyena (fire fang+HA)
-Event shiny beldum (neutral nature but when I checked its stats it had 31 IVs in attack)

And I'm currently hunting for a boom burst taillow

Kyokkai

So far I have

Marshtomp Lv 30 Adamant

Charmeleon Lv 32 Modest

Shiny Metang Lv 28 Adamant

Hitmonlee Lv 27 Jolly

I'm thinking Latias will go in the 5th spot and I don't know what to put in the 6th yet.

lord_of_flood

So far, I have Treecko and the event Beldum on my team. I need someone who can take on Wattson effectively though, and I'm not too sure who to use for that because there are hardly any good Fighting or Ground types before the third gym. :/

Kinda wishing I had started with Mudkip or Torchic instead.

Kyokkai

So far, I have Treecko and the event Beldum on my team. I need someone who can take on Wattson effectively though, and I'm not too sure who to use for that because there are hardly any good Fighting or Ground types before the third gym. :/

Kinda wishing I had started with Mudkip or Torchic instead.

Can't breed and bank yourself one of those?

hustenapfel

My planned team for the Elite 4:

006.gif

@ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Claw
- Sky Drop
- Dragon Rage

143.gif

@ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
- Body Slam
- Crunch
- Brick Break
- Metronome

214.gif

@ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Counter

254.gif

@ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
- Focus Blast
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Claw
- Quick Attack

362.gif

@ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
- Freeze-Dry
- Headbutt
- Ice Shard
- Gyro Ball

472.gif

@ Quick Claw
Ability: Hyper Cutter
- Earthquake
- Fly
- U-Turn
- Roost

Stellar

Like A Star
About to go up against the final gym and my team is:

Swampert
Shiny Metagross (it's a beast!)
Manectric
Swellow

My other spots are kinda fillers, but I'm toying between my Gabite from XY that I never quite used there and the Latios I got. Also want to go get a Bagon as well but that would take too much time at this point before going to the E4.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Currently have the following on my team:

Swampert
Altaria
Lombre (evolution pending)
Latias
Linoone
Lunatone

I have Lunatone boxed at the moment since its level is far higher than the rest. Linoone, though an HM slave, has become quite the member. I love how uberless Latias is. I actually get to train it and experience good battles.

mewtwos

Smell ya later!
This is going to sound boring I know, but my in-game team consisted of
Mudkip --> Marshtomp --> Swampert
Zigzagoon(HM Poke)
Castform (Forced, and its adorable!)
Latios (surprisingly good HM slave) and
Groudon for an easy late game sweep.
I personally like speed running through Pokemon to get to the postgame, and it worked really well getting me a 4:30 completion time for my first playthrough.

Snorlax Max

While Supplies Last!
- Blaziken

- Ludicolo, such a good typing for ingame!

- Altaria, my flyer.

- Shiny Metagross

- Manectric

- Kecleon, I've never used one before but I've always liked its design. It's mostly on my team as a filler. I'm currently DexNaving for a Protean one.

bigbro223

Just beat Wattson for the first time, my team is:

*Marshtomp- Level 25
*Swellow- Level 23
*Mightyena- Level 22 (+Fire Fang)
*Vigoroth- Level 18

I plan on raising a Salamence and another Pokémon before the E4. Can't wait to see what I can find next.

Herdheaven

My current Team as of Lillycove City:
Blaziken- Mega Blaziken
Shiny Metagross-Shiny Mega Metagross
Manetric-Mega Manetric
Aggron-Mega Aggron
Altaria-Mega Altaria
Sharpedo- Can't get the Mega Stone until post game :-/

Flavia

Finished the Delta Episode (hnnnnnng the lore implications!) and my current party is:

Sceptile (Mordin) - Mega Sceptile, lvl 60
Metagross - Mega Metagross, lvl 59, event shiny
Crobat (Chiroptera) - lvl 60
Glalie (Ullr) - Mega Glalie, lvl 66, special demo
Linoone (Zera) - HM Slave, lvl 35
Wailmer (Ham) - HM Slave, lvl 37

SunRiver

Guardian of Earth
I haven't put my hands on the game just yet, but looking at the region's dex; I'm starting to get a idea on my main 6.

The starter will be Mudkip instead of my original Torchic in Ruby since the disappointed I received back then with the final evolution, even though I loved Combusken. I genuinely had this silly theory it would evolve to Groudon... let's not speak about it ever again. Plus, I loved Swampert's design back then and of all the 3rd generation's starters, he was my favorite. However, I may drop the starter later if I find better alternatives.

In every new game I had a problem in picking up a great grass type that wasn't a starter. Now, I need someone who isn't as reliable as Bulbasaur, Turtwig, and Snivy. Glancing through the Pokedex, I noticed that Lotad & Oddish had great improvements in attacks and stats especially the latter. I'm leaning towards Oddish since the addition of Moonblast to its arsenal is quite interesting. Also, Vileplume got a boost in this generation, and I'm eager to try it out.

The shiny Beldum will be present since I was always interested in one since the original games came out. Notice that I left out the Mega part since I'm not a fan of that ridiculous design...

Unlike my Fairy experience with Sylveon in X, this time around I'm going to trust Ralts. Gardevoir would be a nice contrast to Wally's Gallade too.

Drought Vulpix is there for the fire spot, even though I really wanted GF to make a Mega Torkoal for a stall team I had in mind. Anyway, of all the little available fire types, she's a keeper.

Sableye could have a place in my team since I'm interested in his Mega Evolution.

So, the final team so far...

;260; ;045; ;302; ;038; ;282; ;376;

The post game team... now that's a different story.

deepbluedark

Planned my AS team:
Sceptile
Metagross
Skarmory
Sharpedo
Latias
Monferno
(All of shiny)

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
In Dewford town, current team is (not including cut slave) Skitty,Combusken, Magikarp, and Poochyena.

Planning to have this team for the elite 4: Gyarados, Gardevoir, Mightyena, Blaziken, Ninetails, and will probably end up with Delcatty as my 6th not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.