• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadgirl04

Lilac Dungeoneer
You probably have to get pokebank or find someone else with a 3/2ds to play your copy of XY while you play ORAS and trade it with them.
As for the bike, I don't know if it's the same in the new games but in RSE you held down the A button until you started hopping and then moved forward without letting go of the A button. Hope it helps!

Voyance

Esper
Gardevoir, Absol, Altaria, Froslass, Ninetales, Milotic.

IIsilentJokerII

i have metang, swampert, swellow, sableye,roselia, and gardevoir. should i switch one of these pokemon for pikechu and if yea who?

Last edited:

Flareakairu

Team Magma Admin
I'm just before the 1st gym. Got it yesterday and have been mostly focusing on DexNav...

My current team is LV 13 Mudkip (Levi, male), LV 12 Poochyena (Lunar, Male), LV 11 Shiny Beldum, LV 12 Seedot (Chloro, Male), LV 8 Skitty (Rosa, Female) and LV8 Taillow (Sky, Male). Yeah some of the nicknames are a little cliche and I'm finding it hard to get female pokemon for some reason. Using the EXP thing til my Skitty and Taillow catch up with the others.

JAKnighton

Cartoonist
Received my copy of Alpha Sapphire today, I've just beat Wattson and my team is as follows;

- Socrates the Combusken Lv 26
- Archimedes the Wingull Lv 24
- Plato the Electrike Lv 25

Have plans to use Flygon, Cacturne and Grumpig, and might swap Wingull for Milotic if he doesn't get much better as a Pellipper and Feebas is easy to find.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Current AS Team and five badges:

Lvl. 38 F Sceptile (Tyla)
Lvl. 39 F Swampert (Kira)
Lvl. 38 M Blaziken
Lvl. 31 Latias (Leiya)
Lvl. 38 Metang
Lvl. 38 F Swellow (Teyla)

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
Question for people: Have any of you decided not to use a Flyer since we have Latios/Latias now?

even once you get lati@s you will have to fly manually till near endgame. You will still need one unless you don't want to fly till the primal incident...

even once you get lati@s you will have to fly manually till near endgame. You will still need one unless you don't want to fly till the primal incident...

Sometimes it's faster to use the Fly HM than to Soar, especially over short distances, and double-especially if you're trying to figure out puzzles, like the ocean currents west of Pacifidlog, or the ledges on Rte. 123. I do like Soaring, though; you get a great aerial view of Hoenn, and it actually feels like you're really flying, rather than simply insta-warping. I only wish we could use Mega Lati@s' moves to shoot at flying enemies, like a fighter jet.

Edit: Oh, right! My team!

Lv.88 Manectric@Expert Belt
Modest/Static
Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/Signal Beam/Thunder Wave

Lv.87 Gardevoir@Rocky Helmet
Lonely/Telepathy
Psychic/Moonblast/Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball

Lv.89 Blaziken@Blazikenite
Careful/Blaze->Speed Boost
Flare Blitz/High Jump Kick/Rock Slide/Shadow Claw

Lv.89 Pelipper@Nothing
Quirky/Keen Eye
Surf/Hurricane/Ice Beam/Roost

Lv.88 Shiftry@Leftovers
Naive/Chlorophyll
Leaf Blade/Dark Pulse/Hurricane/X-Scissor

Lv.66 Metagross@Metagrossite
Hasty/Clear Body->Tough Claws
Meteor Mash/Zen Headbutt/Earthquake/Ice Punch

Last edited:

Routine

So, I was thinking I'd like to do kind of a dumb thing and use a Delcatty on my team. Partly for the challenge, partly because it's cute and nobody ever uses it (for good reason). So, basically, I've been wondering what moves/ability to get, to make it at least somewhat usable. Just in-game, mind you, I don't do online. Thoughts?

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I beat the game and all I gotta add is that Pikachu belle is a beast.

Sharpedo Pikachu and Lopunny broke the game so hard it ain't funny.

TorterraOwns

Pokemon:My Friends
I plan to get Omega Ruby (I already got AS, beat it too)
I Plan to use Blaziken
Keep in mind that I have never used this team before and I currently don't own Omega Ruby (I've got Alpha Sapphire though) and this team might be OverPowered beyond belief.
This Team is for Elite 4/Champion
Planned team members:
1. Ninjask (Baton Passer) Speed Boost
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
X-Scissor
Toxic
2. Gardevoir (Supporter/Status)(You can switch this around and make Use of it's great attacks as well, but I think this is cool aswell)
Will-O-Wisp
Light Screen
Reflect
Safeguard
(you could also add Rain Dance with Mega Swampert's Swift Swim to boost it's speed.)
3. Blaziken (Physical Attacker/Mega/Physical Attacks boosted with +2 Attack Baton Pass make it unstoppable)
Brave Bird/Aerial Ace(Aerial Ace does fine with the boosted attack as well)
Flare Blitz/Blaze Kick/Fire Punch(Flare Blitz has massive recoil cause of 160 stat+Swords Dance so Fire Punch/ Blaze kick would be fine aswell)
Earthquake (Standard)
Brick Break (Stab)
4. Gyarados (Also can benefit from Baton Pass, if you can get moxie it'll be great.)
Earthquake (Baton pass boosted)
Waterfall (Stab)
Dragon Dance (If not using Ninjask's Baton Pass)
Rain Dance(for Boosted Water Attacks)
5. Crobat
X-Scissor
Toxic
Fly (If you need to go somewhere I don't know)
Shadow Ball (Psychic Coverage?)
And Before you say ''why 3 flying types?'' Well Ninjask is very Important to this team's raw power because of Baton Pass+Speed Boost+Swords Dance=Pokemon's Attack Stat X2+150% of their speed
so Mega Blaziken's 160 Attack stat times two is 320 with a 150 speed stat cause of Ninjask's end of turn Speed boost ability, which Mega Blaziken also has. Not many Pokemon can outspeed it or Survive Mega Blaziken's attack, so Ninjask Is the most Important Member of this team, so you might want to put some Defense/Sp. Defense Effort Values on Ninjask, and You don't need Any other EV's
besides a few in Attack for X-Scissor (for Sidney/but mega Blaziken can do it extremely better.)
6. Probopass (Tank/Staller)
This team member is Backup for when this set gets messed up like Ninjask fainted cause of a crit. or Gardevoir couldn't set up with dual Screens
Iron Defense (needed to tank more efficiently/most fighting type moves will be weakened with it)
Rest (For immediate healing)
Thunder Wave (seemed decent on this one)
Magnet Rise (Ground Immunity)
I think this team will be OP, if anyone is willing to test it please do, and give results
This team is for IN-GAME BATTLING
You'd get owned if using this in Competitive battles.

JAKnighton

Cartoonist
Update on my team, I followed through with my plans and the team is as follows;

Socrates the Blaziken Lv. 39
Archimedes the Pelipper Lv. 38
Pythagoras the Vibrava Lv. 38
Plato the Manectric Lv. 38
Aristotle the Grumpig Lv. 38
Euclid the Cacnea Lv. 27 (in training)

Overall I'm quite pleased with the team, Pelipper has surprised me, and I can't wait until I can use Manectric's mega evolution.

Overall I'm quite pleased with the team, Pelipper has surprised me, and I can't wait until I can use Manectric's mega evolution.

Pelipper has surprised me, too. Wow, this gen is really forcing the fandom to re-evaluate how we look at Flying-types, particularly early-game ones. First there was Gale Wings Talonflame, then Mega Pidgeot, and now freaking Pelipper is rockin' out with his pocket out all over peoples' teams, surprising the hell out of people with his usefulness after being overlooked and forced into HM slavery for over a decade! I'd say it's about damn time Pelipper got his pilotwings!

TRG

4 rules for my future Omega Ruby team:

1) Must have a FWG core because it's been a longtime tradition of mine... and FWG cores are awesome
2) No legendaries/pseudo legendaries cause they're wack and make the game far easier than it already is
3) Must use Pokemon that I've never used in any main play-through before (Treecko and Ralts are an exception since Treecko has a Mega and Ralts is now part Fairy)
4) No type overlaps

So then I finally came up with the following team in my sig:
Mega Sceptile (Grass/Dragon)
Crawdaunt (Water/Dark)
Camerupt (Fire/Ground)
Hariyama (Fighting)
Skarmory (Steel/Flying)
Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)

This team has perfect defensive synergy (resists/immune to every type in the game) and near perfect offensive synergy (can hit every type for super effective damage with a STAB move except for Flying since I lack a Rock/Ice/Electric type). I also happen to have 3 special attackers and 3 physical attackers which works out wonderfully.

Overall it looks like a well balanced team that should be a lot of fun to use! Can't wait. :)

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
My team at the moment is pretty much done for the League. I'm not a competitive player so Abilities etc. doesn't really matter to me. But I am sticking to Hoenn Pokémon. Right now it's:

OR Team
- Swampert (w/ Swampertite)
- Tropius
- Gardevoir (w/ Gardevoirite)
- Absol (w/ Absolite)
- Mawile (w/ Mawilite)
- Manectric (w/ Manectite)

Just now kind of polishing off their movesets etc. ready for the League. Also, now I've got my OR Team down, I'm gonna be getting AS pretty soon so with that in mind I'm kind of moulding my AS Team, which right now should be:

- Sceptile (w/ Sceptilite)
- Medicham (w/ Medichamite)
- Banette (w/ Banettite)
- Salamence (w/ Salamencite)
- Sableye (w/ Sablenite)
- Sharpedo

And no, I haven't chosen them because 11/12 of them have Mega Stones haha, I just like these Pokémon the most in Hoenn.

Last edited:

Butta

Sceptile because I've never played through R/S/E starting with treeco and grass type almost always makes the game harder
Slaking because he's a lazy BEAST
Magnezone because I've never used one, and with magnemite available so early, why not???
Pyroar because I need a fire type, and Pyrorar's the King
Alataria my big beautiful blue ball of fluff
Milotic because I never had one before and now I. Do now

Mudkipz_Lulz

Icy Mudkipz Breeder
4 rules for my future Omega Ruby team:

1) Must have a FWG core because it's been a longtime tradition of mine... and FWG cores are awesome
2) No legendaries/pseudo legendaries cause they're wack and make the game far easier than it already is
3) Must use Pokemon that I've never used in any main play-through before (Treecko and Ralts are an exception since Treecko has a Mega and Ralts is now part Fairy)
4) No type overlaps

So then I finally came up with the following team in my sig:
Mega Sceptile (Grass/Dragon)
Crawdaunt (Water/Dark)
Camerupt (Fire/Ground)
Hariyama (Fighting)
Skarmory (Steel/Flying)
Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)

This team has perfect defensive synergy (resists/immune to every type in the game) and near perfect offensive synergy (can hit every type for super effective damage with a STAB move except for Flying since I lack a Rock/Ice/Electric type). I also happen to have 3 special attackers and 3 physical attackers which works out wonderfully.

Overall it looks like a well balanced team that should be a lot of fun to use! Can't wait. :)

What is FWG?

Mudkipz_Lulz

Icy Mudkipz Breeder

SoulOfSilver

Gym Leader
My team is complete! I decided to use all Hoenn Pokemon, just like I did back with my original Sapphire. Here's my team:

Blaziken/Griffin (Male): I picked Torchic back in the day, so I had to pick him again this time around for nostalgia's sake! He's still my fave Hoenn starter, even though Mega Swampert is pretty epic. The name Griffin seemed fitting.

Grumpig/Wilbur (Male): I LOVED my Grumpig named Grummy (orginal, I know lol) in Sapphire, so I had to use one again in AS. I just think he's adorable and he's still one of my (if not my #1) favorite Hoenn Pokemon. Named him after the pig in Charlotte's Web.

Shiny Metagross: I wasn't going to use the Shiny Beldum in my team, but since I wouldn't encounter most of my team until later on in the game, I decided to try it out. I ended up falling in love with the little guy and kept it on my team. Two Psychics on my team, but whatever. This guy is a beast.

Flygon/Flick (Male): This is the only other Pokemon that was on my original Sapphire team. Even though I'm bummed he didn't get a Mega, he's still awesome. Probably my all-time favorite Dragon still.

Cradily/Thora (Female): I wanted to use a Grass or Electric type, and since Hoenn has practically no decent Electric types (and I despise Manectric), I decided to try out Cradily because I'd used Cacturne back in the day but didn't love him. I am SO glad I made this choice. I always thought Cradily was strange, but she's awesome, tough and has really grown on me. This is one of those Hoenn Pokemon that has a new dimension for me thanks to the XY graphics.

Milotic/Phoebe (Female): I loved my Walrein in my original Sapphire, but for AS I wanted to try this majestic beast for my Water type. Let me tell you, I wanted to find a female Feebas and it was NOT easy. I found five males before my female. Considering it's only 5% chance to find Feebas in the first place, this was a pain. But Phoebe was worth it. I love her and she kills it at the Beauty Contest! I gave her her name because I though it was a fitting play on Feebas (Fee-bee).

Status
Not open for further replies.