• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

urrutiap

Even though I chose treecko as my Starter for the alpha sapphire game, I'm doing something different this time around. I'm using a venipede/scolipede as a Bug Starter. Rest of my main in game adventure team

A Milotic I traded from Pokemon
Scolipede my new Starter pokemon
The shiny beldum/metang
The evolved third form of conkeldurr from pokemon X. Can't quite use it since its level 40ish
Level 54 alakazam from pokemon X

Nodame

Misty <3
I also decided to use only hoenn Pokemon :p My team so far:
Marshtomp, Skitty, Beautifly, Plusle, Swablu, and my final Pokemon will be Milotic. I don't care about types variety, I just pick the Pokemon I like. Only thing left is for my Pokemon to fully evolve, and My team is complete.

I beat AS a few days ago; here is my final team.

-Sceptile with Sceptilite, level 54, Swords Dance/Earthquake/Leaf Blade/False Swipe.
-Gallade with nothing, level 53, Swords Dance/Close Combat/Night Slash/Psycho Cut (I got a Dawn Stone via Super Training and used the Heart Scales from the Demo for early CC).
-Salamence with nothing, level 53, Draco Meteor/Flamethrower/Earthquake/Substitute.
-Armaldo with Metronome, level 54, Rock Slide/Earthquake/X-scissor/Aerial Ace.
-Milotic with Sea Incense, level 54, Surf/Ice Beam/Hidden Power Grass/Recover.
-Swellow with Silk Scarf, level 52, Brave Bird/Return/Facade/U-turn.

In all, although some Pokemon were a huge pain to get (Salamence, Gallade), I had a great time with this team. This was my first time using Gallade, Armaldo, and Milotic in an in-game team, and I was very pleased with all of them. Substitute was more useful than you might think on Salamence, because in the E4 I could set it up on a defensive Pokemon such as Steven's Cradily, and then have some insurance when a heavy hitter comes out.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So I bought Alpha Sapphire and as I originally planned, I caught a Ralts with the idea of training it and using it as my Psychic-type. Sadly, it levels up way too slowly compared to my Mudkip, Taillow and Lotad, so I'm just gonna put it in Bank and train it in Y version instead since that seems easier than struggling with it in AS. Now I'm one Pokemon short for a while. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Lucille

I made my team with contests in mind

Blaziken lvl 78 (Coolness)
Roserade lvl 82 (Clever)
Gardevoir lvl 72 (Cuteness)
Metagross lvl 76 (Tough)
Milotic lvl 81 (Beauty)
Salamence lvl 71

Can't wait to get Alpha Sapphire and start my Mono Dark Team :)

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
I have jsut beaten Oras and this was the team i used

Sceptile - because he's amazing)
Metagross - always wanted the have one on my team and now i could, he's an absolute beast)
Sableye - never really fond of pokemon that don't evolve, but i really love this little guy
Linoone - used him mostly for HM's such as surf and strength and ofc secret power to check out the bases as i went along, ended up being a pretty nifty guy to have on my team
Latias - because it's an awesome pokemon, simple as that :p
Milotic - My favourite pokemon in Hoenn and easily the strongest member of my team

5. Crobat
X-Scissor
Toxic
Fly (If you need to go somewhere I don't know)
Shadow Ball (Psychic Coverage?)

Crobat should have Brave Bird/Cross Poison/X-Scissor/Roost, unless you're going with an annoyer set, then it should have Confuse Ray/Toxic Spikes/Whirlwind/Brave Bird.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've finally finished my team! After messing around with breeding Feebas, I've decided that my Pelipper has done more than enough good for my team already, while my Feebas eggs keep hatching with Oblivious instead of Swift Swim, and since Competitive Milotic is just horrible, Keen Eye Pelipper will stay! Oh, and everyone's Lv.100 already, too!

Manectric@Amulet Coin
Modest/Static
Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/Signal Beam/Thunder Wave

Gardevoir@Rocky Helmet
Lonely/Telepathy
Psychic/Moonblast/Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball

Blaziken@Blazikenite
Careful/Blaze
Flare Blitz/High Jump Kick/Rock Slide/Shadow Claw

Pelipper@Leftovers
Quirky/Keen Eye
Surf/Hurricane/Ice Beam/Roost

Shiftry@Expert Belt
Naive/Chlorophyll
Leaf Blade/Dark Pulse/Hurricane/X-Scissor

Metagross@Metagrossite
Hasty/Clear Body
Meteor Mash/Zen Headbutt/Earthquake/Ice Punch

Last edited:

Arthous

YooOOmmMMtaaAAh !
Hai ! I'm currently in the weather institute and my team is Swampert, Latias, Manectric, Metagross and Linoone. I'm thinking of adding a fire type but don't know.. Any ideas? thanks :3

Hai ! I'm currently in the weather institute and my team is Swampert, Latias, Manectric, Metagross and Linoone. I'm thinking of adding a fire type but don't know.. Any ideas? thanks :3

You could DexNav for Drought Vulpix at Mt. Pyre, or go back to Rte. 112 and catch Numel. Torkoal in Fiery Path is another option, or you could GTS trade for another Fire-type if you're not happy with those choices.

Arthous

YooOOmmMMtaaAAh !
Thanks :) I got some numels but I'm having a hard time deciding wich one's better.. Can anyone help me?
Numel n1 : Docile, Own Tempo. Stomp/Lava Plume/Earth Power/Curse
Numel n2 : Bold, Simple. Iron Head/Earth Power/Curse/Take Down
Numel n3 : Quiet, Oblivious. Mud Bomb/Flame Burst/Amnesia/Lava Plume
Numel n4 : Lonely, Oblivious. Iron Head/Amnesia/Lava Plume/Earth Power.

Anyone suggestions? :3

Flamer

Even though these things never quite work out, the team I'm aiming for once my copy of Alpha Sapphire arrives will possibly be:

Swapert - This is pretty much a given. I always use my starter through the main story, and on every game apart from Pearl have kept him/her on the team afterwards. Swampert's always been my fave of the Hoenn starters and now has the best looking Mega-evolution too
Ludicolo - Big fan of Ludicolo after my Emerald adventure. Should be available pretty early, so will have a good chance to stake its claim for a long term spot in the team
Linoone - Had one that was ever present in my Pearl team post-Elite 4, which considering how much that changed was no mean feat. Another that's available nice and early
Metagross - Love the colouring of Shiny Metagross, so definitely going to be making the most of the Beldum giveaway
Latias - In general I've always preferred Latios when given the choice, but could make for a nice change. Love its Mega-evolved form

The last spot is really up for grabs. Didn't play XY, so would love to try out some of the Gen 6 Pokemon later in the game. Got a few favorites from my Gen 4 and 5 games to transfer over as well, so can see this being similar to my Pearl save with heavy rotation

Luxvan

Mozilla Fennekin
So then I finally came up with the following team in my sig:
Mega Sceptile (Grass/Dragon)
Crawdaunt (Water/Dark)
Camerupt (Fire/Ground)
Hariyama (Fighting)
Skarmory (Steel/Flying)
Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)

Man, you and I thought pretty alike. This was what I went with.

I'm surprised I haven't seen much talk of Azumarill. This girl was basically the clutch; she had the best stats of anyone and didn't need as much training. While Surf and Dive are kinda 'meh' for one, all it really needed was Play Rough and Waterfall (and it got both Play Rough and Aqua Tail pretty early). This 'mon's just absolutely brilliant all around.
I don't recommend Altaria, though. Took too long to train and wasn't really worth it in the end. :/

Mye

Someone has to win..
This is the team I have right now, apart from Salamence.

Swampert: My starter pokemon in the original and that mega
Breloom: So overpowered in single player and can be caught early
Aggron: Absolute powerhouse, always loved them but never used one
Flygon: It's Hoenn, it has to be used
Absol: One of my favourite pokemon ever and caught on my favourite route
Salamence: Absolutely love this pokemon yet I've never used one.

Also have an Armaldo but wasn't enjoying it for some reason.

Yeah, armaldo is a weird duck when it comes to both in game playthroughs and competitively. Without egg moves, its tough to use (aqua jet and knock off come in real handy), its speed makes it annoying at times unless you have a surplus of potions/full heals, and unlike lileep (who if anyone is wondering, is ridiculously fun to use when paired with camerupt and azumarill as it now learns brine/giga drain and gets ancientpower way earlier) didn't get any new level up moves to play with.

jse

Pokémon Imaginer
Man, you and I thought pretty alike. This was what I went with.

I don't recommend Altaria, though. Took too long to train and wasn't really worth it in the end. :/

Yeah, you're right in the sense, Altaria is hard to train as I first captured it as a Swablu. It is so weak that I need to put it in the first slot to battle and return back, so that it can receive much exp. for it to grow. With the addition of Exp. Share, it's so much help that its level increases with ease.

As at when it evolved into Altaria, its typing is somewhat normal and it is prone to ice, dragon and fairy weaknesses. But I wanted to get its Mega Stone, Altarianite so much that I would like to witness its Mega Evolution process. Its typing has changed to Dragon-Fairy typings, I think it's pretty useful in facing those Dragon type Pokemon.

Well, my original plan of only getting sapphire totally failed XD. There are just too many pokemon that I want to use on my team so yesterday I went and bought ruby as well.

My planned team for ruby is:

Altaria
-hyper voice --> Still trying to dexnav one on my sapphire with this egg move and 2 ivs in special attack and speed. Needless to day that it is taking a while but I've done this with my taillow in sapphire as well so
I'm sticking with it until I get one :)!
-dragon pulse
-moonblast
-flamethrower

Zangoose
Brelroom
Milotic
Ninetales
(going to dexnav extrasensory)
Absol (may or may not end up swapping this one out)

No starter for me on this run. In sapphire I chose treecko and got wonder traded and adamant torchic with 31 ivs in attack and speed :). So all that leaves is mudkip, which is my least favorite of the starters but as I'm curently using the other two already mudkip it is (at least until I can get feebas)

My sapphire team so far: (3 badges so far)

Sceptile lvl 40

Swellow lvl 41 --> This guy took forever to dexnav but was well worth it. Its a 2 star in attack and speed and a jolly nature (my first abra encounter that I caught was jolly with sync ability) with scrappy and boomburst. Its not like swellow is suffering from the four move syndrome and even though it's special attack stat is really low, the horde pokemon have really low levels so it doesn't really matter. Boomburst is my only horde move and it really raises the dexnav counter fast.

Torchic lvl 10--> Just got this guy from wonder trade. Adamant with 31 ivs in attack and speed :D. Just finished ev training it and now its ready to be leveled up

Sweet scent gloom--> Going to swap out for a quick attack trapinch as soon as I can. In the end I won't be keeping quick attack on flygon but I want it to help trapinch in battles until it fully evolves

Shiny event now a metang lvl 39--> I love hunting for shiny pokemon but don't really have a lot of time to devote for hunts so I was super excited to receive this! Settled for a neutral nature because when I checked it had 31 ivs in attack and 25 in defense. I'll save hunting for an adamant one with good ivs later in ruby.

Last member is going to be chinchou for old times :). That gives me my surfer that can take care of other water and flying types.

I did receive a bidoof from wonder trade (first time I was actually happy about getting one XD). I'll alternate that in my team whenever I need to use an HM but I won't need to be swapping it

Dragoniteftw

SWAGONITE
I'm struggling to decide on my ingame team, any suggestions would be decent, planning on:

Blaziken
Gardevoir
Mannetric/Breloom
Salamance
Miolitic
???

Last edited:
I'm struggling to decide on my ingame team, any suggestions would be decent, planning on:

Blaziken
Gardevoir
Mannetric/Breloom
Salamance
Miolitic
???

Why not use both Manectric and Breloom, that way all your slots are filled? It doesn't matter if you repeat Fighting-types with Blaziken, since there are so few decent Grass-types available in the Hoenn Dex, and even fewer decent Bug-types.

gars129

My current team is (im at Lilycoves Team Aqua Base, no exp share, which is why grovyle is still grovyle)

Grovyle
Electrode (highest level pkmn since i caught it, been useful cause of that)
Absol (planning to switch it with mega sableye when i reach sootopolis)
Meditite (wanted Gallade, but dawn stones too late and id have to grind Kirlia too much)
Gyarados (or maybe Walrein once i get to the ice cave)
Skarmory

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've finally gotten my Alpha Sapphire team set up: Swampert's my main Water-type, Lombre's my Grass-type and secondary Water-type, Camerupt's my Fire-type, Manectric's my Electric-type, Swellow's my Flying-type, and Kirlia's my Psychic-type. I'll evolve Lombre and Kirlia into Ludicolo and Gallade later. Right now all my Pokemon are around Lv. 40.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
This is the team I've beat the league with the first (and for now only) time in OR:

Dea (female Altaria) lv. 61
Astral (genderless Solrock) lv. 58
Kamo (male Sceptile) lv. 55
Thalassa (female Milotic) lv. 56
Timmy (male Aggron) lv. 55
Jinouga (female Manectric) lv. 53

After X and Y's expecience, I've been extra careful not to get my pokes overlevelled too soon. I think I've managed to, Steven's mega Metagross actually made me sweat a bit.
Solrock was a bit of a surprise for me, as I didn't originally plan to use one, but as soon as I reached Meteor Falls I was reminded of how much I like him and said why not, he'll be my Flash slave. He actually wasn't too terrible in battle either :)

Totally gonna mirror his spot in my AS team by using a Lunatone instead! :-D

So, future AS team:

Blaziken (F)
Lunatone (genderless)
Tropius (M)
Walrein (M)
Metagross (genderless) NOT THE SHINY ONE since blanket event shinies are cheap and tacky af imo :p
Absol (F)

I've always liked Sceptile and Blaziken equally, so which one I used first only came down to the type combos in the teams that would allow me to use an Altaria first. Since I also want to use a Tropius, and he had to go in Blaziken's team to avoid having 2 grass types in the other one, Altaria had to go in with Sceptile to fill the flying spot....

Status
Not open for further replies.