• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpacawhisperer

Pokemon master
My planned team is
Blazekin
Swalot
Umbreon
FLYGON
Walrein
Altaria

So far I'm loving the first three, I have yet to acquire walrein and FLYGON, but swablu is so hard to train. Is worth trying to get altaria, if not, who should I go with instead that I can get pretty early in the game

So now, I officially have eight team members, with four staples and four on rotation. Manectric, Gardevoir, Blaziken and Shiftry are my staples, while Milotic and Metagross occasionally swap places with Pelipper and Flygon, respectively.

*Zeus* the Manectric, male, Lv.100
Modest/Static/Safety Goggles
Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/Signal Beam/Thunder Wave

*Isis* the Gardevoir, female, Lv.100
Lonely/Telepathy/Rocky Helmet
Psychic/Moonblast/Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball

*Ares* the Blaziken, female, Lv.100
Careful/Blaze/Blazikenite
Flare Blitz/High Jump Kick/Rock Slide/Shadow Claw

*Venus* the Milotic, female, Lv.100
Calm/Marvel Scale/Leftovers
Surf/Ice Beam/Mirror Coat/Recover

*DaiTengu* the Shiftry, female, Lv.100
Naive/Chlorophyll/Expert Belt
Leaf Blade/Dark Pulse/Hurricane/X-Scissor

*Magnus* the Metagross, Lv.100
Hasty/Clear Body/Life Orb
Meteor Mash/Zen Headbutt/Earthquake/Ice Punch

*Typhoon* the Pelipper, female, Lv.100
Quirky/Keen Eye/Leftovers
Surf/Hurricane/Ice Beam/Roost

*Moganth* the Flygon, male, Lv.100
Bold/Levitate/Life Orb
Earthquake/Dragon Claw/Rock Slide/Steel Wing

Last edited:

Ulicies

Mild Monk
I just basically solo'd the campaign, with Dragonair added for fun. All you really need is the water starter + normal move, like Return, to have perfect neutral coverage. Not to mention that Swampert's 150 base attack with his mega makes him a wrecking ball.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Starting over my Alpha Sapphire with some similar Pokemon. Would anyone recommend using the Cosplay Pikachu? I've been debating and still am debating on using it. I know you get the light ball later down the line but that's all the way till after Fortree City. Not to mention it's a Pikachu for crying out loud lol

If so what's the best nature for it to have?

My Omega Ruby team is:
Sceptile, Salamence, Metagross, Latios, Camerupt, Milotic

It has turned out to be pretty great. I have them all ev trained with natures I want and everyone except Latios has 5 perfect IVs.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Ok so now I'm debating between Cosplay Pikachu and Mawile on my Team.

Guaranteed team members are:

Blaziken(Fire/Fighting)

Gardevoir(Psychic/Fairy)

Roserade(Grass/Poison)

Altaria(Dragon/Flying) --> (Dragon/Fairy)

Milotic(Water)

Now I know I already have two Fairy Types but Altaria I don't really count since It's only Fairy when it Mega evolves.

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
Well so far it's
Blaziken
Beautifly
Milotic
Mawile
Cacturne
Snorunt (Soon to be frosslass if i can ever find and destroy Wally >:) )

Rocky28940

<<I'm not interested
I have a team of 7 on rotation:

- Sceptile
- Gardevoir
- Gyarados
- Aggron
- Manectric
- Camerupt
- Altaria

All 7 of them can Mega evolve. :)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
My team
Mudkip
Beldum
Seedot
Tailow
Numel
Makuhita

That's almost a perfect match to my team!

Currently:
- Mudkip
- Nuzleaf
- Tailow
- Makuhita

I'm still at Dewford Town, so I don't have a Numel yet, and I haven't dl'd the Beldum yet, while I can. That being said, I'm doing a GenIII-run. I'm capturing all GenIII-critters and raising them equally. Though I've got a team in mind, which includes: Swampert, Shiftry, Swellow, Camerupt, Hariyama and a sixth of which I'm not sure yet. Originally I didn't intend on using Swellow, but I didn't know about DexNav and the ability to get Breed-moves without having to breed. Boomburst Taillow is just too awesome to pass up on! :p

Just wondering, I have a Jolly/Guts Makuhita, and I've gotten one with Bullet Punch. I kinda want to go Fake Out, Belly Drum, Bullet Punch, Close Combat, just for ingame, nothing too technical here.. But, I've been wondering about whether Jolly ruins this set or not. I don't want to use Belly Drum if I outspeed my opponent just to get KO'd before I get to spam Bullet Punch. Should I continue DexNavving until I find an Adamant, or even Brave Makuhita? I've got an Adamant Synchronize Ralts, so it's just the trouble of finding one with Bullet Punch.

I've found one, while abusing that Synch-Ralts, but it had Sheer Force, which is useless for the strategy I want to go with, so I didn't capture it..

Hunky Bro

I wasn't able to get Alpha Sapphire on the day it was released, so in preparation I pretty much IV bred and EV trained all the pokemon I planned to use in my playthrough in AS. Once I got my hands on AS, I transferred over all my battle-ready, recently hatched pokes over through pokebank. And as soon as I got them in AS, I max leveled them all in pokemon amie to get maximum exp gain.

The team I used in my AS playthrough were:

Swampert (he was my chosen starter. I'm a fan of pokemon who can take damage and dish it back out. I love his mega design)
Sceptile (I wanted another special attacker on my team besides Greninja, and Sceptile looked cool enough)
Greninja (I really love Greninja. A real sleek design and with nice stats and a crazy good hidden ability to back it up)
Infernape (I like monkeys. Simisage and Infernape are my favorite monkey pokemon)
Lopunny (this was the first of the new mega evos that I really liked. She reminded me so much of Tifa, in the sense that she's got this fighter chick look to her. I wasn't able to get her mega stone until after catching Kyogre but man was it satisfying using her against Wallace and the elite four)
Braviary (I've never used an HM slave on my team before, but after going through such a hassle getting to places in my Y playthrough, I finally decided to get an HM slave. And man, it was a good choice. Braviary really made everything so much more convenient, by knowing Fly, Cut, Strength, and Secret Power)

Räven Velish

black lives matter
My team right now is:

Honchkrow
Swampert
Jolteon
Camerupt
Gardevoir
Machamp

The only reason there's Latios instead of Honchkrow in my signature is because Honchkrow's 3D sprite is really, really huge, and I was previously using Latios before I used Honchkrow.

Also, I'm really looking to replace Jolteon with Electivire but unfortunately the Mirage Mountain containing Elekid has not shown in my game yet. Plus the Electrizer is 35 BP and the Battle Maison is incredibly boring. On my original team I had beaten the Pokemon League and the Delta Episode with, I had Cosplay Pikachu instead of Jolteon and Latios instead of Honchkrow.

~Emolga~

Just A Crazy Fangirl
My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team

254.png

First is Sceptile. Treecko was my starter and I raised him very well to level 100, and I have his mega stone.

334.png

Next is Altaria. When I first saw Mega Altarias mega evolution I went nuts! I loved it and always loved Altaria do thats how Altaria got o to my team. And yep, male at level 100.

rayquaza.gif

Next is Rayquaza. I was worried I wasn't going to be able to catch him due to having a very bad reputation at catching legends (I get them anyway, sometimes) So when I got him I was happy. Can mega evolve, at level 100 and holds an Oran berry.

Kyogre_XY.png

Next is Kyogre. I used the master ball on him so I wasn't worried at all during this battle. He's at level 100 and can primal evolve.

380.png

Next is Latias. Im at latias person, not a latios. So i was happy to get latias without having to battle. She is at level 100 and can mega evolve.

383_male_normal.png

Finally is Groudon. While I was wonder trading I got a latias, so I traded it on the GTS for Groundon. He's at level 100 and can primal evolve.

---

Thats my team! Hope you enjoyed and can battle me sometime!

Last edited:

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Does anyone else like to solo through the game with just one Pokemon + HM slaves? I've found that I enjoy it after trying it out in Black 2.

HM02gon

Waiting...
Sounds a little (actually a lot) like my playthroughs of the original Sapphire as a little kid. There was my Blazikin and the HM slaves. In AS I have 5 team members and a Linoone that I just never switched from my party. He prefers the term Hidden Machine Tactician.

Avenue

First Playthrough Team

;254; Saladin

After getting a free Torchic in XY and knowing that one of the ppl I'm playing with will get a Mudkip, I decided to pick Treeko. There's also the fact that Treeko+ is just a really cool Pokemon.

Giga Drain / Leaf Storm / Agility [SUP]1[/SUP] / Hidden Power - Dragon [SUP]2[/SUP]

1: Can't decide between Worry Seed and Synthesis
2: Will replace with Dragon Pulse, or maybe breed another Treeko with Dragonbreath.
---
;475; Gallahad

Didn't really like using Gardevoir so I thought I'd try this bad boy out. He's now my fave Ralts evolution and he's usually the vanguard of my team.

Shadow Sneak / Psycho Cut / Swords Dance / Drain Punch
---
;376; Metagross

Free shiny Metagross with rare attack Hold Back? Yes please. Tbh though, after helping me bulldoze through mid game, its job on the team now is basically 1) capturing Pokemon with Hold Back, 2) tank against certain physical moves, 3) non-Steel Fairy killer. Its synergy on the current team isn't all that great either, so I'm planning on retiring it to the box. u_u

Hold Back / Meteor Mash / Zen Headbutt / Iron Defence
---
;323; Faith

Needed a fire pokemon and was curious about the Mega Evolution. She's been a surprisingly great addition to the team and besides Gallade, she's now my other vanguard.

Yawn / Earth Power / Heatwave / Ancient Power
---
;334; Carlotta

While looking at her stats in the Serebii XY Pokedex, I thought it'd be a great idea to try a physical attacking Mega-Altaria. In retrospect, I should have saved this for when I can get my hands on a Double-Edge one from 3rd Gen, but she's had her moments despite the fact that her attacks tend to leave her defenceless...

Giga Impact / Roost / Dragon Dance / Dragon Rush [SUP]3[/SUP]

3: Planning on switching this with Outrage, but am not sure if that would actually improve her much.
---
;264;;319;;227; Dusty/Brando/Tetsuya

Alternating HM/Pickup Slaves. 'nuff said. Helps that I don't have anything in particular in mind for a 6th member.

The aim of my next team will be something that can take on the Battle Maison as well as wireless battles. Still thinking hard about what Pokemon to have and what kind of synergy I want though.

Last edited:

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Sounds a little (actually a lot) like my playthroughs of the original Sapphire as a little kid. There was my Blazikin and the HM slaves. In AS I have 5 team members and a Linoone that I just never switched from my party. He prefers the term Hidden Machine Tactician.
I did that with Sceptile back in the day on my third play-through of the old Ruby version. I just had Sceptile, HM slaves, a random Surf Poke, and Tropius to Fly. I still remember the first time I flew with Tropius; I thought the animation looked so cool. The fire gym was especially tough, but I got through it with Leaf Blade and…another move I can't remember.

Side-note: Now I'm annoyed that Leaf Blade has become a physical move, while Sceptile is focused on SpAtk… I mean come on! Also, that move was coolest in the third generation, when it looked like a leaf whip, as opposed to some neon plastic sword being swiped around in this generation.

Last edited:

Sponge

At the weather institute right now with a team of 7 on rotation:

;256; Feathers (M) [Naive] lv 33
;271; Chester (M) [Bashful] lv 33
;282; Hime (F) [Hardy] lv 33
;294; Guy (M) [Lonely] lv 33
;305; VioIet (F) [Relaxed] lv 33
;426; Taffy (M) [Quirky] lv 33
;336; Bo (F) [Naughty] lv 32

I've never rotated before and I don't really like it, but I also want to use all of these Pokémon so I have no choice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.