• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarinaS

sinnoh queen
Honestly, I think people were expecting too much for the soundtrack.

Still, I love all the soundtracks i've heard so far. I've always thought RSE had the most fitting music, so i'm happy to see it updated, while still keeping the original feel it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The Rustboro City BGM sounds more like elevator music now in my opinion, but it's still cute. The Abandoned Ship BGM made me tear up though; it's so nostalgic and almost better than the original version from R/S/E. I'm eager to hear the Rival Battle theme.

Lorde

Pretty disappointed in the soundtrack. It's not what I was hoping for. It's too faithful to the originals.

To be fair, OR/AS are remakes of R/S, so why would the BGM deviate too much from the originals anyway? :x

NotABeginningTrainer

I'm most excited about the legendary battle theme. It's always been one of my favorites. Hearing the four bells then the constant barrage of timpani... I just can't wait.

Lorde

I'm most excited about the legendary battle theme. It's always been one of my favorites. Hearing the four bells then the constant barrage of timpani... I just can't wait.

If you're referring to the Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza Battle theme, I must admit that it was one of my least favorite themes in R/S and I hope that it's vastly improved in OR/AS. Given the OR/AS BGM thus far, I may have my wish fulfilled.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I agree with the notion that the music sounds too similar, I knew that it wouldn't be as big a leap as past remakes, but I was expecting the music to sound more improved than this, not just a minor touchup.

The only ones I like so far are the Wild and Trainer Battle themes and that's only because they redid them in XY's style.

Last edited:

Prince Manaphy

I like Empoleon too.
I agree with the notion that the music sounds too similar, I knew that it wouldn't be as big a leap as past remakes, but I was expecting the music to sound more improved than this, not just a minor touchup.

The only ones I like so far are the Wild and Trainer Battle themes and that's only because they redid them in XY's style.

It might be the drawbacks of overhype. Thinking about it, it didn't stray too much from the resources they had to make XY music.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
Apart from the Team Magma/Aqua themes and their associated encounter themes, I am impressed with how the music in the remake has been handled. Mossdeep sounds even more homely as it did in the originals. I am also very much like the Pokemon encounter theme too. The thing that I was worried about was that the music will sound a bit too airy, and I think the Magma/Aqua themes are borderline that, which I think is why I don't really like them. Yes, it's nostalgic, but it just doesn't sound serious enough, especially considering you are facing an evil team. Also, they took too many components out without replacing them with anything. Too many of the countermelodies are missing. I think I prefer the older soundtrack on that one. It sounds a lot more gritty, which paradoxically I think works in particular for that Magma/Aqua theme. What has happened also worries me regards the Maxie/Archie and Steven that their respective soundtracks will be too airy as well.

I understand what people are saying when they say that it has stayed "too faithful to the originals" and that it is too sameish. Perhaps many people were expecting the sort of jump that happened between GSC -> HG/SS Kanto themes which was a very striking example of a completely revamped soundtrack while still staying loosely the same, and that personally is one of my favourites too. So yes, I think GF could've been a bit more adventurous, but that comes with its own risk. If they messed it up, more people would be annoyed than if they kept it almost the same, so that is what I am holding in the back of my mind.

I personally am [one of the few people] itching to hear the Mt Chimney/Seafloor Cavern/Magma/Aqua Hideout theme revamped above all else. The most memorable of all in the originals for me.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Oh man. I was worried that this game would deviate too much from the original soundtrack because I loved it so much. I'm glad to hear that it doesn't. It sounds familiar but better. Vs Trainer 2 is probably my favourite so far.

.Aerodactyl.

I almost always play the game on silent so I have no recollection of the battle music. However, I wasn't a fan of X/Y's music style for what I did listen too, so I'm glad it's said to be close to the original RSE and less like X/Y. I want to try and pay more attention to the music, this time around, but my opinion isn't going to end up counting for much. The only music I really remember is gen 1, and that's it.

Yurimin

Snowflake Trainer
I'm really looking forward to the Verdanturf's music. It was one of my favorites in the game - and I hope its just as soothing as it was in the originals

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Upon downloading the demo, I was pleasantly surprised at how mellow and faithful to the original the music to Mossdeep is. My only issue? The sound quality and texture is so familiar it still feels like I'm playing X/Y rather than a new set of games.

Unlike previous generations, I'm not going to spoil the soundtrack beforehand and instead I'm going to listen to everything first hand in the context of the game. I'm feeling most excited for Route 103, Lilycove City, the surfing and cycling themes and the Credits. I really hope I won't be disappointed.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
I really want to hear Sootopolis' new version. :(

Also Slateport's, both are probably my favorite tunes from RSE, along with Route 104.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
The Creepy, ominous Abandoned ship-music, which I saw during the demo, is as creepy as ever. I love it!

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Based on the text dump, the people who worked on ORAS music are: Minako Adachi, Shota Kageyama, and Hideaki Kuroda.
Go Ichinose, and Hitomi Sato are absent... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.