• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Can I just say How much I appreciate the fact that they used entei, suicune and raikou's original battle music from gold and silver?

I normally have a thick skin on nostalgia, but yep I actually shed a tear back there with their crystal arrangement.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Can I just say How much I appreciate the fact that they used entei, suicune and raikou's original battle music from gold and silver?

They re-used the original battle BGM for the non-Hoenn Legendaries IIRC. I can't say that I'm glad; I kinda wanted to hear a remixed version of those battle themes.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
They re-used the original battle BGM for the non-Hoenn Legendaries IIRC. I can't say that I'm glad; I kinda wanted to hear a remixed version of those battle themes.

Well, pretty sure that most (if not all) of us we're under the impressions that all their themes will be remixed.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Just finished the game yesterday at 2 am... I thought that a night's sleep would help me mentally digest it all, but frankly I'm still trying to come to terms with everything I've just witnessed.
Did all that really happen or was it just a dream? XD

I don't think anyone would be surprised to hear yet another fan say that the music was amazing. I'm so glad they went down heavy-handed on the Magma/Aqua Leader and Primal Groudon/Kyogre themes... the latter wasn't even that good of a track in the original, but the remixed version blew me away, and not just because of the inclusion of the GBA sounds.
Trumpets and electric guitars are just the thing for epic showdown atmospheres, yup yup.

And Wally's theme... I can't say I disagree with those who say that it doesn't fit the character, but I don't really care. The music itself was fantastic, and I loved the intensity of it. It actually sounded like something I'd hear from an anime....

That said, it doesn't mean I'm happy with every single remix in the game. Obviously there are the ones whose feel just couldn't be recreated in any other soundfont (ex: outer walls of Mt. Pire, Sootopolis city), but that's not really the composers's fault. Gen 3 music IS a pretty high standard to live up to, after all.

Also, I miss the old Battle Frontier and Lilycove themes, but I guess the changes they made were for the sake of better suiting the locations. Still, GBA Battle Frontier......sigh....

In the end, the only thing that does bug me quite a bit is the ending music. RSE's was imo the very best one of the series, its major strength being the way it delivered a beautiful melody in the most subtle and effective instrumental crescendo I've ever heard on a GBA........ but in ORAS.... they just made a mish-mash of different town themes. Wat.

But I'm still I'm very happy overall. For the rest, they did a pretty good job keeping the original atmosphere intact while combining it with the updated soundfont.

Last edited:

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
Well, pretty sure that most (if not all) of us we're under the impressions that all their themes will be remixed.

not really considering in HG/SS they didn't remix Hoenn trio battle music...( they only updated it kinda like in OR/SS) I thought that GF will NOT remix non-hoenn legendaries.

Just finished the game yesterday at 2 am... I thought that a night's sleep would help me mentally digest it all, but frankly I'm still trying to come to terms with everything I've just witnessed.
Did all that really happen or was it just a dream? XD

I don't think anyone would be surprised to hear yet another fan say that the music was amazing. I'm so glad they went down heavy-handed on the Magma/Aqua Leader and Primal Groudon/Kyogre themes... the latter wasn't even that good of a track in the original, but the remixed version blew me away, and not just because of the inclusion of the GBA sounds.
Trumpets and electric guitars are just the thing for epic showdown atmospheres, yup yup.

And Wally's theme... I can't say I disagree with those who say that it doesn't fit the character, but I don't really care. The music itself was fantastic, and I loved the intensity of it. It actually sounded like something I'd hear from an anime....

That said, it doesn't mean I'm happy with every single remix in the game. Obviously there are the ones whose feel just couldn't be recreated in any other soundfont (ex: outer walls of Mt. Pire, Sootopolis city), but that's not really the composers's fault. Gen 3 music IS a pretty high standard to live up to, after all.

Also, I miss the old Battle Frontier and Lilycove themes, but I guess the changes they made were for the sake of better suiting the locations. Still, GBA Battle Frontier......sigh....

In the end, the only thing that does bug me quite a bit is the ending music. RSE's was imo the very best one of the series, its major strength being the way it delivered a beautiful melody in the most subtle and effective instrumental crescendo I've ever heard on a GBA........ but in ORAS.... they just made a mish-mash of different town themes. Wat.

But I'm still I'm very happy overall. For the rest, they did a pretty good job keeping the original atmosphere intact while combining it with the updated soundfont.

I LOVE ARCHIE/MAXIE BATTLE MUSIC! it is just so fitting and soo... EPIC!

but anyway... I LOVED ending music... if you take note on the screen in the ending it shows summery of the adventure you had and shows mon you used. The music accompanying is kinda like a sketch book summarising what town you visited. kinda like little dairy of your adventure in Hoenn.

Last edited:

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I LOVE ARCHIE/MAXIE BATTLE MUSIC! it is just so fitting and soo... EPIC!

I KNO RITE, that's always been my favorite villain boss theme of the series, and I'm so glad they did it justice! :,)

....well there goes my effort to keep my cool. Oh well, you can't really blame me, it's not my fault this ost is so good ^w^

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
I KNO RITE, that's always been my favorite villain boss theme of the series, and I'm so glad they did it justice! :,)

....well there goes my effort to keep my cool. Oh well, you can't really blame me, it's not my fault this ost is so good ^w^

I also LOVE admin encounter theme... almost good as elite four encounter theme in my opinion...

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I have to say that my favourite track in this game has to be the new Sky Pillar one. I really really like it. I actually like a lot of the remixes and new tracks. The only one I didn't like was the one during the intense sunlight in OR because it made a horrible ringing sound when I was using my earphones that none of the other tracks did.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I have to say that my favourite track in this game has to be the new Sky Pillar one. I really really like it. I actually like a lot of the remixes and new tracks. The only one I didn't like was the one during the intense sunlight in OR because it made a horrible ringing sound when I was using my earphones that none of the other tracks did.

Really? I liked that one, and I played with earphones too. I liked the Lavander Town feel of it XD

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The only one I didn't like was the one during the intense sunlight in OR because it made a horrible ringing sound when I was using my earphones that none of the other tracks did.

I've always been creeped out by the drought BGM. At least the remix keeps the creepy factor there, although the heavy rainfall BGM is a lot better in my opinion.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Really? I liked that one, and I played with earphones too. I liked the Lavander Town feel of it XD

Maybe it was just my earphones. I liked the tune overall. Just that ringing that put me off :p

I've always been creeped out by the drought BGM. At least the remix keeps the creepy factor there, although the heavy rainfall BGM is a lot better in my opinion.

I haven't heard that one yet but I did prefer it in the originals so I'll probably prefer it here too.

Haar

Humble Soldier
I was really glad they added a theme for Wally... It was very well done too.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer

If you played Emerald you SHOULD recognise it... remember that small cut scene in which rayquaza appears to stop fighting between Groudon/Kyogre? Yeah it is EXCATLY SAME MUSIC EXCEPT UPDATED. Fitting for Sky Pillar.

Personally I'm feeling rather annoyed that Kyurem's theme is the same as Reshiram/Zekrom's. I liked Kyurem's parts the best too. I can take the original themes being ported but this is just lazy in my opinion. At least I can use all the themes once I get around to catching good ones.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Personally I'm feeling rather annoyed that Kyurem's theme is the same as Reshiram/Zekrom's. I liked Kyurem's parts the best too. I can take the original themes being ported but this is just lazy in my opinion. At least I can use all the themes once I get around to catching good ones.

I haven't gotten Kyurem yet, but going from your post, I'm assuming they didn't use Kyurem's theme from B2W2? That's a little odd considering they gave Giratina's unique battle music... Granted Kyurem's BW theme had minor differences from Reshiram/Zekrom.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
To be fair we're fighting Kyurem and not Black or White Kyurem so I can see why it's just the Zekrom/Reshiram theme. Even in B2/W2 Kyurem used the same theme when you actually went to catch it in post-game so it's not an anomaly that we get the same treatment here. If there actually was differences between Kyurem's version of the theme then I didn't notice them, but then it probably wasn't a worthwhile effort to give them all unique tracks in that case anyway.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
To be fair we're fighting Kyurem and not Black or White Kyurem so I can see why it's just the Zekrom/Reshiram theme. Even in B2/W2 Kyurem used the same theme when you actually went to catch it in post-game so it's not an anomaly that we get the same treatment here. If there actually was differences between Kyurem's version of the theme then I didn't notice them, but then it probably wasn't a worthwhile effort to give them all unique tracks in that case anyway.

Hmm, I guess you have a point there. It's been a while since I've played B2W2, so I sort of glanced over the Black/White Kyurem part. And yeah, there's a bit of a difference between the R/Z and Kyurem tracks. Not sure which 'instrument' it is, but I think it was the slap bass you hear at the beginning of each theme. :p

ArtsyTrainer

The ringing from the Drought theme bothered me too. I've always thought the Drought theme was kinda creepy, but the ringing made me nervous. I could have muted it though. The Heavy Rainfall sounds better to me.

I keep listening to some of the newer songs at the end of the game. I really like the new version of the song that plays over the credits. I also liked the new song for Sky Pillar because it seems to really fit that part of the game well.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

There were small differences for all three, Reshiram's used blazing sounds, Zekrom had electric/lightning sounds, and Kyurem used the guitar. They were minor, but they worked as they differentiated each of the three dragons from each other.

I think the question I have about it is that, while I can understand why they didn't port all three, why they didn't use Kyurem's over Zekrom's. The latter has electric sounds that don't really fit the other two, whereas Kyurem's could fit all three better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.