• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
It's dreadful though imho. The original was immaculate and didn't deserve to be extended and changed so much in my view.
I wouldn't have said dreadful, but I do agree that I would have preferred to have the credits theme remain like it was in the originals without the middle replaced by a mash of town themes. It worked well enough, but I love the RSE credits tune and would have rathered the whole thing remain. Ah well.
Wow, your Emerald knowledge is pretty minimal must say.
To be fair, it's easy enough to forget the exact tune that plays just once during one (short) scene, and especially when they've played the game about 10 years ago. Being a bit harsh there. =p

Pluski

I was surprised how great the Fallarbor theme sounds in these games. It used to be my least favorite town theme in Hoenn, but now it's one of my favorites.

In addition to Fallarbor; Meteor Falls, Gym Leader Battles, Lilycove, Slateport, Oldale, Southern Island, Route 113, Diving, Mt. Pyre, Zinnia, the Zinnia Battle and Victory Road are probably the themes I liked the most from the game. The Frontier Brain Battle theme is also great, even though I actually prefer the original version to that one (I also must say that I strongly dislike that it is used in that awful Battle Maison...)

ArtsyTrainer

I've played through Emerald many times and I didn't know it was the same music either. I just looked it up to compare and it's almost exactly the same.

I also agree about the Fallarbor's music being better this time around. I didn't like it in RSE, but it's one of my favorites now.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Oh man I absolutely adore the Encounter! Diver Music. It's so pretty and underwater-y and gorgeous.

Same deal with Underwater and Route 111, those two are my favourite Area themes in ORAS. Except maybe Mt. Pyre.

nahranej

I know it's not really a popular opinion, but I love the new Mt. Pyre summit theme so much. It's about thousand percent better than the original. I could listen to it for hours.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I also agree about the Fallarbor's music being better this time around. I didn't like it in RSE, but it's one of my favorites now.

Tbh, I personally wasn't a fan of it back then and that hasn't changed now. That BGM track has always been bland in my view. Speaking of which, Route 113's BGM in OR/AS makes me cringe. It was utterly ruined.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Tbh, I personally wasn't a fan of it back then and that hasn't changed now. That BGM track has always been bland in my view. Speaking of which, Route 113's BGM in OR/AS makes me cringe. It was utterly ruined.

A lot of things in ORAS makes you cringe -- gameplay, storyline, character design, and music.
That's what I've gathered in most of your posts here.

Anyway, I agree with the previous user that Fallarbor's composition sounds better in ORAS.
Route 113 is still my fave, along with Route 104.

Sky Pillar is too short so it becomes too repetitive. It could've been extended better.

The battles themes are generally okay, but nothing too impressive, except the Weather Trio, Chatelaine and Zinnia's theme which are all great.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I really like Alpha Sapphire's heavy rain music. It's just so fitting for that part of the game. Catchy as hell too!

Agreed, though listening to it without rain or thunder really ruins it.

The battles themes are generally okay, but nothing too impressive, except the Weather Trio, Chatelaine and Zinnia's theme which are all great.

Agreed, the Battle Themes are good but to me they're not really anything special, or feel too different from their RSE Counterparts; the E4 Theme, for example, I'm somewhat miffed on that they took out the clapping. It's still a good theme, but sounds somewhat incomplete.

Frontier Brain/Chatelaine, Zinnia, Rival, and Regi Trio are glorious though.
Though Weather Trio was well synchronized with the Cutscene I felt it droned on a bit too much after a while.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Is it weird for me to say that the Triathlete encounter theme has gotten the most attention from me out of everything I've heard so far? May be a 12 second loop, but damn that sure surprised me and made me smile.

Everything else has been par for the course for me so far (I just got the Mach Bike), nothing I didn't expect to come from a remixed RSE soundtrack. I did like the Karate Girl/Guy encounter remix though, and the brief moment where Slateport's theme goes up an octave is something I'll never get enough of. Maxie's theme gets an honorable mention too.

Vchanfan

I just love Appeal Love on the bonus track. I always picture Lisia singing it about the male player.
Speaking of which, anyone have the lyrics?

PkMnMaster531

Awesome Trainer
I haven't gotten to the Pokémon League yet, but I've got 8 Gym Badges and this game's soundtrack truly is amazing! All of the tracks are really good (though some route themes, wild battles and trainer battle themes do get repetitive), though the ones in particular that I like are Magma Leader Maxie's/Aqua Leader Archie's battle themes, the Drought and Heavy Rainfall themes, legendary Pokémon themes, Mt. Pyre (outside and in), Abandoned Ship, Rival Battle, etc. My taste in music is a little minimal so I usually only like upbeat music, though this game's sad themes like Abandoned Ship are really great.

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
I know there a lot of people who didn't like the music that plays when you ride Rayquaza into space at the end of the Delta episode but I honestly thought it was really good.

I'm also really quite fond of the Magma/Aqua boss battle theme, Elite Four battle theme, Wally's battle theme, Zinnia's battle theme, and Deoxys' battle theme. The soundtrack to these games were seriously amazing, I have no complaints.

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
I know there a lot of people who didn't like the music that plays when you ride Rayquaza into space at the end of the Delta episode but I honestly thought it was really good.

I think it was fine, a bit cheesy though. The best part was when it turned into a rendition of Zinnia's Theme, which I think tied everything together musically.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
Every day I find more and more reasons to love this site... This thread exists!

I'm going to post something I posted on another site.
Includes links to Youtube.

Littleroot Town

Peace reigns in this town. There's a sense of camaraderie that's sort of unique to Littleroot.
Pokémon and Humans get along very easily. There's a "Whatever you need, you can count on me, okay?" feel to the song.

Haruka/May

You can just feel how pumped up she is, can't you?
This song emanates a "let's be friends" mood. She won't back down from any challenge, because they'll make her a better and stronger person.

Petalburg City

This is a city that doesn't feel like it. Its ihabitants are very close and incredibly helpful. Almost no crime. Safe schools. The perfect place to live. If given the choice to live anywhere in the Hoenn region, it'd be there.

There's plenty more of this if you guys want.

Räven Velish

black lives matter
My favorite music from the game was exclusive to Omega Ruby. It was after you awaken Groudon and the "Heavy Drought" or whatever it was called theme started playing. It was scary. Like in Alpha Sapphire, there was the Heavy Rain theme after you awaken Kyogre. The Heavy Rain made you think "Something bad is something and we have to stop it". The Heavy Drought theme made you think "We are all going to die. We will slowly burn to death. Hell and Earth will be synonymous. There is no hope". I know that was really dramatic. Sorry. :D I don't really "like" the music itself, I just like how it was so well executed that I actually felt mildly scared about something in a Pokémon game.

SoulOfSilver

Gym Leader
I really love the music on top of Mount Pyre in ORAS, on the outsite not inside. I think it's a lot better in the remakes than the originial, much more epic. The Spanish-sounding guitars are cool, and I love when it gets spooky around the :40 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4HcYcfo134

That needs to be my ringtone!

Status
Not open for further replies.