• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Alternatively we might be able to choose the X/Y battle themes for online battles along with the OR/AS battle themes. Unlikely, but given that we've got the option to choose battle music this gen I can see it being a possibility.

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
Alternatively we might be able to choose the X/Y battle themes for online battles along with the OR/AS battle themes. Unlikely, but given that we've got the option to choose battle music this gen I can see it being a possibility.

I really hope we can select the Frontier Brain battle theme for online play.

Given this list:

STRM_BGM_VS_COBALION << Battle! VS Legendary Pokemon (Unova)
STRM_BGM_VS_DEOXYS << Battle! VS Deoxys
STRM_BGM_VS_DIALGA << Battle! VS Dialga/Palkia
STRM_BGM_VS_GIRATINA << Battle! VS Giratina (From Platinum)
STRM_BGM_VS_HEATRAN << Battle! VS Legendary Pokemon (Sinnoh)
STRM_BGM_VS_HOUOU << Battle! VS Ho-oh (HGSS)
STRM_BGM_VS_UXIE << Battle! VS Lake Trio
STRM_BGM_VS_ZEKROM << Battle! VS Reshiram/Zekrom; Kyurem doesn't seem to have its B2W2 theme, so I guess it will use this as well.
STRM_BGM_VS_LUGIA << Battle! VS Lugia (HGSS)
STRM_BGM_VS_SUIKUN << Battle! VS Beast Trio
I'm glad that we can most likely catch Deoxys, can't wait to here the theme in ORAS, I just hope that it is as good as the original Emerald theme.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After listening to the OR/AS Abandoned Ship BGM more than a dozen times, I realized that I prefer the original over the remixed version; the new one simply lacks something. However, I like the OR/AS Mossdeep BGM more than R/S/E's version.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Obi

Actually I think they might be the real OST. I found a different Youtuber who released the exact same soundtrack, no differences, and their OSTs are the same. This one feels pretty right to me.

Besides I've listened to the remixes of people, theres always something that makes it sound like a remix and not the original thing. This sounds very original, and even though I dont want to say its "official" this sounds pretty damn close

Last edited:

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
Actually I think they might be the real OST. I found a different Youtuber who released the exact same soundtrack, no differences, and their OSTs are the same. This one feels pretty right to me.

Besides I've listened to the remixes of people, theres always something that makes it sound like a remix and not the original thing. This sounds very original, and even though I dont want to say its "official" this sounds pretty damn close

A bit of searching shows that most of these "OST" are stolen remixes.

Obi

A bit of searching shows that most of these "OST" are stolen remixes.

Weird, because when they showcased the Maxie/Archie for real battle it sounded very similar...

Edit: Although some of them didnt sound right at all (Gym leader,Champ) , so I dont want to say all of them, but some of them are VERY similar to the ones I've seen shown on vids and the such

Last edited:

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
Weird, because when they showcased the Maxie/Archie for real battle it sounded very similar...

There are a few talented remixers out there on Youtube who are good at making recreations (or just good at making compositions period) from things they hear.

The Verdanturf theme and Route 111 (and a few others) belongs to Slhtubit92, for example.

Last edited:

Obi

There are a few talented remixers out there on Youtube who are good at making recreations (or just good at making compositions period) from things they hear.

The Verdanturf theme and Route 111 belongs to Slhtubit92, for example.

I didnt listen to those :p I just wanted to confirm if the Archie/Maxie battle was legit, guess he's just a really good remixer :(

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
I didnt listen to those :p I just wanted to confirm if the Archie/Maxie battle was legit, guess he's just a really good remixer :(

Doesn't help that the above link contains all stolen content. They didn't make ANY of it. I can't remember who did the Aqua & Magma Leader theme, but it definitely does not belong to the above link poster.

There are A LOT of people like this on Youtube (all they do is steal people's hard work) so don't believe any of them until you get them from an official source (ripped from game knowingly such as the music from the demo, etc).

EDIT: Basically if you find some random channel on Youtube with like no Subscribers and they're uploading "OST", 99.99% of the time they're stolen remixes and should be reported.

Last edited:

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
I absolutely love all the music from RSE; it has a lot of nostalgic value and it really brings back fond memories for me.
I'll be honest though, the trainer battle theme, while nostalgic and memorable and great, is a bit stale for me. It's kind of repetitive and it doesn't excite me like some of the newer trainer battle themes do.
However, the new ORAS trainer battle is awesome; it's the perfect mix of nostalgia and adding in new beats to keep the theme fresh and interesting.

Also, I really Wish they had included a "GBA Sounds" in the game... (I mean, the game's not out yet so they very well could have included it, but the fact that no program decoded has found such an item in the game's code yet makes me doubt it very much.)

.Aerodactyl.

So, since I never pay attention to sound tracks and I promised to this gen, I've listened to more of the demo stuff and while music isn't my favourite thing about the games, I will say I like the music in the demo more than X/Y, so I'll probably enjoy the ORAS soundtrack more. To be honest, I'm more of a gen 1 fan. I know that stuff is so sub-par in quality and capability, but I don't know. I guess it must be nostalgia. When I was kid, I always played with the volume on, but as I got older I always ended up turning it off. So the first two gens were the games I really listened, and so there tracks are iconic. I really don't like any of the X/Y tracks. But I feel ORAS music sounds a bit "older" so the throwback must be getting me.

pokesaurus

Its Sphealical
The music in this game is as brilliant as I had hoped. The only song I have been let down by is the Team Aqua Encounter theme, which kind of sucks since I am getting Alpha Sapphire. Other than that, I have no problems with any other track in the game. Can't wait to hear what else is in the full game. Route 104 better be fantastic or I will rage.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
The music in this game is as brilliant as I had hoped. The only song I have been let down by is the Team Aqua Encounter theme, which kind of sucks since I am getting Alpha Sapphire. Other than that, I have no problems with any other track in the game. Can't wait to hear what else is in the full game. Route 104 better be fantastic or I will rage.

I honestly loved the blubby sound in AEnciunter theme in contrast with MEncounter theme. It mugth not have the HAM factor, but it has more personality.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Yeah, I like the Aqua encounter more then the Magma encounter. It goes well with the serious/aloof contrast between the two. And that "OST linked above is definitely some real mixed with remixes. The leader theme is too subdued compared to the normal grunt music.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
Yeah, I like the Aqua encounter more then the Magma encounter. It goes well with the serious/aloof contrast between the two. And that "OST linked above is definitely some real mixed with remixes. The leader theme is too subdued compared to the normal grunt music.

yeah I mean take this offical art for example: http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-28/poa-team-magma-vs-aqua.html

and look at Grants. Magma Grants are all serious like a military while Team Aqua is relaxed to almost to the point of being silly.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The only official themes found on the demo are as follows:

- Title Theme
- Rustboro/Mauville/Mossdeep City
- Soaring with Lati@s
- Abandoned Ship
- Look! Youngster
- Look! Hiker (Camper/Sailor)
- Look! Psychic (Battle Girl)
- Look! Gentleman (Rich Boy)
- Look! Tuber (Aroma Lady)
- Look! Ace Trainer
- Team Magma Appears!
- Team Aqua Appears!
- May's Theme
- Battle! VS Wild Pokemon
- Victory! VS Wild Pokemon
- Battle! VS Pokemon Trainer
- Victory! VS Pokemon Trainer
- Battle! VS Team Aqua/Magma
- Victory! VS Team Aqua/Magma
- Evolution
- Pokemon Link

Everything else you hear online that claim to be from the ORAS OST are fan-made.

Status
Not open for further replies.