• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmartD

So far, the music in the demo sounds pretty neat. The Abandoned Ship got my attention the most and the theme for Rustboro City was so pleasant. And May's theme was nice.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I always liked the Team Aqua/Magma grunt battle theme, so it was great hearing it again in the demo. I especially liked the remix of the Aqua/Magma battle victory theme.

Lorde

I hadn't heard May's theme from OR/AS before; it sounds nice, although the original was better in my opinion. I wonder if Brendan's OR/AS theme will differ slightly from May's like it did in R/S/E.

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
I hadn't heard May's theme from OR/AS before; it sounds nice, although the original was better in my opinion. I wonder if Brendan's OR/AS theme will differ slightly from May's like it did in R/S/E.

I like this one more personally. Also considering that the sound file for Brendan is not present in the demo files because you were playing as him, I will assume he will get his own variation since the sound file is "Encounter Haruka / May".

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
When I started listening to TEAM MAGMA / TEAM AQUA battle music, I almost started crying... Really! It has been a long time since I've heard them and These games bring back soooo many memories...

Aetius

When I started listening to TEAM MAGMA / TEAM AQUA battle music, I almost started crying... Really! It has been a long time since I've heard them and These games bring back soooo many memories...

You're not the only one.
Today I finally got my code and started playing the demo.....so many feels!
All kinds of memories were recollected in my mind. :D

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
The demo gave us such a small taste of what the new music will be like...
I cannot WAIT until the full game comes out and we get to hear it all!

Speaking of which, I've already pre-ordered the Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Music CD from Japan.
I'm SUPER excited for that as well! :D

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
I'm so satisfied with the music in the demo, I seriously cannot wait to hear all the remastered and new music in ORAS, especially the Gym Leader battle theme and the Frontier Brain theme.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
I'm so satisfied with the music in the demo, I seriously cannot wait to hear all the remastered and new music in ORAS, especially the Gym Leader battle theme and the Frontier Brain theme.

I myself am especially excited for the remastered Champion theme, the remastered rival (May/Brandon) theme, and the remastered bike theme (just hoping it's something that doesn't get boring after repeated listening...)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Now that I was able to get the demo yesterday, I'll share my thoughts on the music.

The Team Aqua/Magma theme is brilliant imo because it has that exciting mood unlike Team Flare's more slower and creepy theme. Mossdeep City still has an excellent BGM as well but both the wild Pokemon and Trainer music still sound dull compared to Unova and Kalos' themes personally. Last, the Abandoned Ship BGM still has that calm feel that I love but I'll probably get sick of it the more I play.

Prince Manaphy

I like Empoleon too.
My gosh! Did anyone listen to the Victory Road music in the new Japanese commercial!? It's entirely full of nostalgic feels! ;-; *tears of joy

Lorde

The Contest BGM sounds great judging from the new trailer. I didn't hear the Victory Road theme though.

Aetius

Victory Road's theme is fantastic and I like how they remastered it without changing it too much. :D

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
Thanks. I hadn't seen that one since it wasn't posted on the main site. The Victory Road music sounds glorious indeed. I love that it's so close to the original and doesn't deviate too much tbh.

Wow that is literally the BEST rendition of Victory Road I have EVER heard!

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
So just out of curiosity, what selections of ORAS music are not available to listen to from some source?

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
I for one can't wait till I hear the elite for encounter/VS music... it was so AWESOME in orginal R/S/E and I can't WAIT to see what they are doing with it in OR/AS!

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
Holy cow the Admin Leader battle music is AMAZING!! THE GYM BATTLE MUSIC!!! THE ROUTE MUSIC!! AHHHHHH

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTwJbvB9xRw[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.