• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I really like the remixed themes, especially the Trainer Battle theme.
The Abandoned ship theme is majestic as always.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
I just heard the new soundtrack, and it is simply amazing hearing it. I love the Trainer Battle theme in particular, it sounds very modern yet it still keeps the soul of the original version of the track. Then the Team Aqua/Magma themes are also good, but they sounds very similar to other fan-mixes in the web. They also sound similar to the anime version of the track, with some added effects which do sounds amazing as well. And the wild battle music sounds nothing like wild battle music in the best way possible, the trumpets are still there and they sound as amazing as they did back in 2002-2003, this track also sounds like the version from the anime but more techno. The Abandoned Ship music is also well done, but I like the original version just a bit more however. Still good as on it's own and in comparison. Rustboro sounds very light and airy, just like in the originals so that's also good. The TA/TM defeated music is also better, like way better. It also sounds more airy (is this even the right word?) than the original. I'll give my take in other themes later but this'll do for now.

But overall, I think the composers and the other guys in charge of the music did very well here, and living up to the RSE's themes are pretty hard.

Last edited:

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
The music seems greatly improved. The trainer battle music sounds more modern. The Team Aqua and Magma Music isn't bad at all either, feels nostalgic.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I did like the Trainer Battle theme. However, I can't say the same for Team Aqua/Magma Battle one. It didn't /that/ amaze me.

ebevan91

The trainer battle theme sounds like it has a lot more drums in it this time around.

Yurimin

Snowflake Trainer
I really love the villain team battle theme. It sounds more dramatic than the original.
The Abandoned Ship... maybe its because I've been listening to a really good remix of it lately, it really didn't meet my expectations tbh.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I love the abandoned ship them, it sounds beautiful. I'm still checking out the soundtrack. Rustboro City sounds pretty good too and I liked the Team Aqua/Magma grunt battle themes as well.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I really like the remixed themes, especially the Trainer Battle theme.
The Abandoned ship theme is majestic as always.

As one of my favourite tracks from the original games I was really looking forward to what they were going to do with it, and I'm very happy with the result. It's very well-done.

Based on my experience watching Joe play the demo the music is really well-done, channels the horns well.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Music is probably the best thing about that demo, forget Mega Glalie/Steelix. I loved what they did with the music. Of course they updated it to 6th Gen standards, but they didn't change the music too much outside of that. The melodies are all basically the same, but they're a refreshing change from the originals. I'm very curious to hear the Victory Road theme, as well as the Elite 4 battle theme. And if we get Battle Frontier, the Frontier Brain battle theme will be fantastic. Then there's also the question of whether or not the Weather trio will get variations of their battle theme in the same vein as Entei/Raikou/Suicune got in HG/SS, I'd love to have that.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Listening to the music, I personally think that it is sublime! It sounds so original, yet all the tracks are evidently faithful to the original games themselves! I could not resist humming along, as RS were my first Pokemon games, and I personally think that they still have the best music in the series to date! I particularly love the Team Aqua/Magma and Abandoned Ship melodies, they were delightful! The only track I am a bit unsure about is the Mossdeep City remix, as it sounds more like elevator music to me :p

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
The Abandoned Ship theme is as good as I expected it to be; very faithful to the original. However, the Aqua/Magma grunt theme isn't doing it for me. The bass isn't as heavy as it was, and the original had a very Arabian feel in parts of it that I really loved, but that's absent from this iteration. Oh well.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I don't really care about the music in the games, but I must admit, I got hit with a big bag of nostalgia while playing the demo. It actually choked me up a tiny bit!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The Hoenn Trainer Battle theme and Team Aqua/Magma Battle theme both slay so much; I definitely love the OR/AS soundtrack 100 times more than X/Y's tbh. It's perfect thus far.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Music is probably the best thing about that demo, forget Mega Glalie/Steelix. I loved what they did with the music. Of course they updated it to 6th Gen standards, but they didn't change the music too much outside of that. The melodies are all basically the same, but they're a refreshing change from the originals. I'm very curious to hear the Victory Road theme, as well as the Elite 4 battle theme. And if we get Battle Frontier, the Frontier Brain battle theme will be fantastic. Then there's also the question of whether or not the Weather trio will get variations of their battle theme in the same vein as Entei/Raikou/Suicune got in HG/SS, I'd love to have that.

I'm most looking forward to the Champion's Spotted theme, it's one of if not my favourite track from any Pokemon game.

Status
Not open for further replies.