• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

flygonabsol99

I still can't get into Wally's battle BGM, personally. It doesn't match his personality, not even after his growth imo. It sounds more like BGM that I'd associate with a Champion or E4.
It's not just about his personality though. The song show's his growth, yes. Wally isn't usually confident and is a passive, sickly boy. However, at Victory Road he confronts you, the same Victory Road where all of Hoenn's elite trainers gather. And he does it confidently, with unshakable resolve while he proclaims he will defeat you. To me, this song isn't just about Wally, it's saying "Look at the things hard work can do". And then he shows you, with what I've heard is one of the hardest main game fights. That is why the theme is fitting.

C O C O

Zinnia's encounter and battle theme are probably my new favorite themes in the history of Pokemon.
It's so beautiful and dramatic. It's sad tho cause I wiped her team out with my M-Gardevoir's Dazzling Gleam.
I didn't get to enjoy the theme with pressure and intensity long enough, along with certain themes, so I'm gonna do a re-run and make this next gaming more difficult.

Of course, the Hoenn Elite 4 theme still remains as my favorite Elite 4 theme. While it doesn't sound as hard (not exactly sure how you call it) as the original , but they made
it sound GRAND; y'know like you're facing a really big and important opponent.

And Steven's theme still shared the #1 spot on my favorite Champion theme along with Diantha's and Blue's. Wish they added more guitars to it though.
Gym Leader theme is OK. Can't really say anything else about it tbh.
Brendan/May's theme has definitely one of the finest renditions among the themes. The guitaaars.
I never actually heard Deoxys' original theme before ORAS, so it kinda took me off guard and thought that it would be just a basic Wild Encounter theme on the Delta Episode.
Wally's theme tho.. It really suits him. Like a phoenix rising from the ashes. Yeah, that's how I picture him.
The Aqua/Magma boss theme also took me off guard after the first few seconds. It's actually lying at the lowest part of my chart but now became my new favorite Boss theme tied with Lysandre's.

uhhhhh

Too sweet
Ugh, the OST is just too good. I'm really loving the battle themes in this one! (particularly Zinnia's, rival, and the GLs)

Looking at the list of composers in this one in the credits though, I found it surprising that Go Ichinose did not contribute in composing for ORAS. It's kinda disappointing for me since he's pretty much my favorite composer in Game Freak. (They listed down Minako Adachi, Shota Kageyama, and Hideaki Kuroda in the credits with the former two largely responsible for XY's soundtrack)

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Ooops, didn't realize this thread was here and posted this on the main discussion thread...

Just wanted to say that Wally's final theme easily dethrones Dialga's Fight to the Finish as my favourite theme from any Pokemon game. It's ****ing incredible. Sounds like something Led Zeppelin or Guns N' Roses might record. Is it just me or does it sound like they used an actual electric guitar instead of just playing around with a soundboard?

Dunn na nunn nunnn na nunnn nunna nunnn nunnnnnnnn... Just too damn badass.

XXD17

Draco rex
I'm practically smitten with Zinnia's theme!! It reminds me of the old Opelucid theme (not that techno trash)...it's so rich and archaic. Although I agree that it's a little generic, I still really like it. I'm putting it up there with vs Iris and vs Lysandre...other amazing themes include the team team boss battle theme where that drop at the beginning gets you roused up! The remix of the rival battle theme is amazing as well. I remember when playing through emerald, that theme was my favorite. I'm just really glad its redo was more amazing! As for ones that I didn't like, it would have to be Wally's theme and the music that plays in the cutscene when you ride rayquaza into space. The latter just didn't seem to fit the situation, wasn't really epic...as for Wally's theme, it may be because I never liked Wally...He just seemed to be that irrelevant guy who was just there...sure he had an OK team at the end, but as far as I'm concerned he's just there for EXP...he could have been completely removed from the story and it wouldn't have affected the story for me in any way...didn't see why he needed his own theme, especially one that I don't think fits him or a pokemon game...but that's just me and my opinions...if you like Wally's theme then more power to ya...your opinions matter just as a much as, if not more than, mine.

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I especially one that I don't think fits him or a pokemon game...

To be honest, that's probably why I like it so much. In my opinion almost all the music in any Pokemon game is trash, but Wally's theme is literally rock n' roll. If I didn't know better I'd assume it was the opening to a rock song, probably one by a good band.

jse

Pokémon Imaginer
Just hyped on the background music after you had captured Groudon/Kyogre. It's soothing and touched when the music blends with the 3D graphic showing the starry night around the Hoenn region with people! :)

Banana Bloodplanet

Ones that stood out to me:

I really like both soaring tracks. They're beautiful.

Mt. Pyre peak is probably my favorite area music.

I like Wally's theme, but it's really short. Once you're around 45 seconds in, you've heard the whole song.

The desert theme is funky now.

I like all the Zinnia-related themes. Her battle theme is one of my favorites, along with Archie/Maxie and Primal Kyogre/Groudon.

I really like the encounter theme for the Street Thugs and Delinquents. The diver one is nice too; it feels serene.

Akashin

I tend not to pay attention to the music too much while I'm playing (I had to track down Wally's battle theme to figure out what everybody was gushing over) but, if it even has a proper name I haven't found it (unless it's just a part of the Vs. Deoxys theme, as I have seen it like that), the music that plays as you take off on Rayquaza really stood out to me for some reason.

Aside from that, the encounter theme for Young Couples amused me. I'm not wholly sure why.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
Zinnias them is perfect, I love the violin and I don't know why but it fits for a dragon type master with knowledge of the ancient past

Mi-tan

Just beat Wally (really easily somehow) and I actually don't like his theme. Nothing to do with it fitting his character or not; I just think it's kind of boring. The guitar's definitely nice but it just repeats and repeats and doesn't really sound that impressive after a minute or two.

On the other hand, the Soaring theme is gorgeous. I haven't Soared too much, but when I did today and the theme started, I practically teared up. It's one of the only new tracks that sounds close to the original style of the Hoenn soundtrack, but with some different elements that make it stand out too.

Oh, and agree with Red Moon, the encounter theme for the Delinquents/etc. is great too.

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
I have to say that I am in love with the soundtrack so far! I've only just made it to Lavaridge but the standouts have to be the Rival Battle and Team Aqua/Magma Leader themes. The rival theme is amazing as always, and the small changes made to the Team leader's theme really add a lot (the slower tempo actually isn't that bad). This could be because of my nostalgia goggles, but I can't find much wrong with the music! :D My only gripe is Team Aqua's theme. I'm not too fond of the . . . whatever style music it is. It's just plain weird imo.

Abysmal Flames

Those guitar rifts on the Mt Pyre peak is relaxing, yet it makes you want to dance at the same time. This is probably the first song that really caught my ear. I heard this remix, I had to immediately put my stereo headphones on and the experience became real!

Grei

not the color
Wally's VR battle theme is seriously the best battle theme since Lance's Champion theme. That and the awesome visuals during Wally's battle made it more memorable than any other battle in any Pokémon game.

JAKnighton

Cartoonist
Slateport City is just perfect, I always liked it in the originals but now it's a contender for being my favourite music from any Pokemon game.

MartianMedia

Long-Time Fan
So far, I've seriously enjoyed the entire OST. There are a lot of nostalgia blasts, and the new tracks like the Soaring theme, the Zinnia tracks, the Emotion themes, and more are just fantastic.

Mr.FusRoDah

I gotta admit, all of them get an A+ for awesomeness. I really liked the Wally Theme!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Those guitar rifts on the Mt Pyre peak is relaxing, yet it makes you want to dance at the same time. This is probably the first song that really caught my ear. I heard this remix, I had to immediately put my stereo headphones on and the experience became real!

I actually dislike it tbh. It sounds like a cartoon-y version of the original in my opinion, which was vastly superior to the remix in my view. In OR/AS, Mt. Pyre's interior's BGM is better than the BGM from Mt. Pyre's peak in my opinion.

Mi-tan

Oh, almost forgot to comment on Zinnia's themes. Honestly I was wondering whether I'd like them or not, seeing as the majority of people seem to love Wally's battle theme while I found it kind of boring; and yeah, Zinnia's themes aren't particularly impressive to me either. I can hear what they were going for with her encounter theme, but (in comparison to Wally's battle theme, which is really repetitive) it's very wandering. The violin doesn't sound the greatest either and I can see why they don't use it often. Her battle theme is better but I really don't remember much about it, whereas the Soaring theme has been stuck in my head tonight until I finally went to loop it for a while.

Might as well mention this here too since it's the music thread - that music that plays when you're riding Mega Rayquaza around is epic, in a sort of hilarious way. Sounds like an anime opening but it's also really awesome. I looped that for a while yesterday after first hearing it, and it's actually better without the cutscene.

I'd say my favorite pieces from this soundtrack would be Oldale Town, Mt. Pyre Peak, Soaring Day, Surfing, and Mega Rayquaza Riding or whatever it's called. :)

Ssargon

Wind Dragon
I hadn't expected Deoxys' theme to show up when it did. Awesomeness! And Soaring, oh dear Goomy Soaring... not even nostalgic but it still makes me well up a bit! I have my own Final Fantasy airship and overworld and everything~

I miss the clapping in the E4 theme though. I loved the clapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.