• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I was really glad they added a theme for Wally... It was very well done too.

His encounter theme is cute and endearing at least. I still prefer May's/Brendan's encounter theme though, if only because it's nostalgic and all. Anyway, I noticed that some trainer classes got brand-new BGM, which surprised me.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I kinda like how all the legendary Pokemon use the themes ripped directly from their respective debut games. It kinda makes sense in universe with Hoopa's involvement seeming to be ripping them from their own dimension to ours (grabbing the legendary Pokemon strait from GSC and plopping them down into ORAS in the Legendary Beast's sake).

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
I kinda like how all the legendary Pokemon use the themes ripped directly from their respective debut games. It kinda makes sense in universe with Hoopa's involvement seeming to be ripping them from their own dimension to ours (grabbing the legendary Pokemon strait from GSC and plopping them down into ORAS in the Legendary Beast's sake).

not necessary a music related but on that note: If you fight Lake trio you will notice that their move set is EXACTLY SAME AS IN D/P. NOT PL BUT JUST D/P. Suggesting that Lake trio came from D/P dimension.

Akashin

not necessary a music related but on that note: If you fight Lake trio you will notice that their move set is EXACTLY SAME AS IN D/P. NOT PL BUT JUST D/P. Suggesting that Lake trio came from D/P dimension.

Err, seeing as Azelf has seen absolutely no moveset (via level up) changes since its introduction barring Natural Gift and Last Resort being made Start moves this Gen, this actually makes sense and doesn't really suggest anything.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I actually really enjoyed the soundtrack to this game. It was phenomenally done.

So true. I've put the original R/S/E ost on such a high pedestal I was afraid I've accidentally set myself up for disappointment, but it was all so great it surpassed even MY sky high expectations. Sure a couple of themes were better in the originals, but 99% of them were simply spectacular.
I can'st stop listening to Maxie/Archie's battle music....

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
So true. I've put the original R/S/E ost on such a high pedestal I was afraid I've accidentally set myself up for disappointment, but it was all so great it surpassed even MY sky high expectations. Sure a couple of themes were better in the originals, but 99% of them were simply spectacular.
I can'st stop listening to Maxie/Archie's battle music....

true true... I just LOVE DAT DROP. DAT DROP MAN... JUST DAT DROP.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
From what I lve heard so far the Remixes in this game are Fantastic! I'll definatly be buying the soundtrack! When in comes to how this game sounds they really knocked it out of the park.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
true true... I just LOVE DAT DROP. DAT DROP MAN... JUST DAT DROP.

I used to love the old one but now it just sounds like **** in comparison. This remix is so. much. better. than the original it just makes me wonder why I even liked the original at all to begin with!

IT JUST BLOWS MY MIND!!! It seriously must've entered my top 5 themes of the whole series man. Such wow.

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
I absolutely love the soaring music! It just fits so much with flying high above the region, taking in the beautiful sights. The feature itself is amazing but the music makes it that much more awesome! :D

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Like the rest of you, I was simply blown away by Wally's final battle theme. Archie's battle theme (Maxie's is the same, isn't it?) is simply glorious. I had to stop battling just to listen to it. The Primal Reversion battle theme was an unexpected treat. I love the nod to the GBA music. The ominous music that plays in Sky Pillar and other places really help set the mood. I kept expecting a Final Fantasy villain to just pop up out of nowhere.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Forget Wally's theme, forget Zinnia's theme, I just heard the Frontier Brain music for the first time and...IT WAS AMAZING!!! It just dethroned Lance/Red from HG/SS as all time best battle music, and is the third best music in all of Pokemon, behind only the Black and White credit theme and Dialga's Fight to the Finish. I was shocked by how good it was, it left me speechless.

It makes me sad though that this amazing music wasn't used for its original purpose, but a cheap copy, which was merely a cut and paste from a previous game.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
The rival theme when listened to from the super music complication sounds so orgasmic its hard to resist. So much goodness...

As for everything else

Anybody else think the magma leader theme was way to low in game?

Like seriously its such a good remix, make it louder!

;-;

The fact it BURSTS like that 15 seconds in is like the best part, it NEEDS to be loud ;~;

Wally's theme is eh, but mostly because the loop is so short. Should a added more depth to it, but it still fits the scenario.

Just a couple comments

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Forget Wally's theme, forget Zinnia's theme, I just heard the Frontier Brain music for the first time and...IT WAS AMAZING!!! It just dethroned Lance/Red from HG/SS as all time best battle music, and is the third best music in all of Pokemon, behind only the Black and White credit theme and Dialga's Fight to the Finish. I was shocked by how good it was, it left me speechless.

It makes me sad though that this amazing music wasn't used for its original purpose, but a cheap copy, which was merely a cut and paste from a previous game.

Really? I've always considered Lance/Red's theme to be quite forgettable... the Frontier Brain theme has always been one of the very best tracks of the series for me, and although the new version isn't bad, I'm afraid I still prefer the original one from gen 3....

And yeah, we're all a bit bummed out about that :p

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
the Frontier Brain theme has always been one of the very best tracks of the series for me, and although the new version isn't bad, I'm afraid I still prefer the original one from gen 3....

I agree. I never really cared for the BF itself, but the Frontier Brain battle BGM has always been one of my favorites and the remix slays in my opinion.

ebevan91

Dat rival theme. The original was already one of my favorite rival themes, up there with the HG/SS rival theme, but the ORAS rival battle theme takes the top spot, IMO.

Aetius

The music in these remakes was simply outstanding and some of them really made me a bit teary-eyed (especially the Zinnia's one, on topo of the Sky Pillar when she's reminiscing about her past and Aster).
All in all, they did an excellent job in adding a new feeling to the preexisting tracks and creating new ones thanks to the 3DS soundfront. :D

naudna

I really enjoy listening to the medley from the ending credits. Especially the section at the start with the piano. It's very calming and relaxing, and I can listen to it all day.

Last edited:

BM14murph

Master Collector
Guys the music in these games was just amazing!

Don't know about all of you but the Vs Wally theme on victory road blew my mind! The drop just as wally gets serious nd the battle starts that guitar riff oh man!

Status
Not open for further replies.