• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
rip the Game Corner. You were an unfortunate victim of "Think of the children!!!"

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I would've loved a remix of the Game Corner BGM in OR/AS even with that place being removed. Alas. Fortree City's BGM has me falling asleep tbh; why is it so bland compared to the Secret Base version?

Ascended Dialga

I'm loving this game's music. I especially like Archie/Maxie's battle theme and the Rival battle theme. They even made Kyogre/Groudon's battle theme sound awesome!

However, I must question why for the legendary dogs, they used their original 8-bit theme from Crystal version and not the HeartGold and SoulSilver remix.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the final battle music for Maxie/Archie, as well as all the Legendary Pokemon theme songs. Everything sounds so smooth and clear. And of course, the remastered soundtrack for all of Hoenn sounds absolutely beautiful.

Last edited:

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
I really enjoyed the final battle music for Maxie/Archie, as well as all the Legendary Pokemon theme songs. Everything sounds so smooth and clear. And of course, the remastered soundtrack for all of Hoenn sounds absolutely beautiful.

The Aqua Boss music was sooooooooooooooooooooooo AWESOME! I startred so slowly and peacefull and than BANG! I think I had an eargasm lol

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm loving this game's music. I especially like Archie/Maxie's battle theme and the Rival battle theme. They even made Kyogre/Groudon's battle theme sound awesome!

However, I must question why for the legendary dogs, they used their original 8-bit theme from Crystal version and not the HeartGold and SoulSilver remix.

They used the version from the games where music originated. I was overall disapointed with most non-Hoenn legendary music, since they were all too modern to be noticeable, but too old to be special. The exception was the Legendary Beast music, which was old enough to be special, so I would have been upset if they used the new version.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
It's kind of an awkward situation they've got with legendary themes here. Their decision to use the original themes adds a certain charm to them and I like that, but the fact that only the legendary beasts got their theme from the old GB soundfont while all other themes were from the DS soundfont kind of makes it feel like the odd one out. In a way that's cool, but I still find it mildly awkward that there's no other legendaries with that treatment. Not that there is anything that could have gotten the same treatment, unless they wanted to give Ho-oh/Lugia the generic wild battle theme from GS but that's lame. I also don't blame them for not giving the legendary beasts their unique HG/SS versions since that's 3 versions of nearly the same theme, which is kind of unnecessary. I guess that's all just a small little quirk though.

The Champion Battle music has always been one of my favorites, really loved the sound of the remix. The music in the final battle against Wally pleasantly surprised me and even made me laugh a bit, I just thought it kinda contrasted with Wally's character for some reason.

MerCurry

Functioning Idiot
This soundtrack was awesome. Despite picking apart what I liked; the music was really well-done. That said;

"Unexpectedly" Awesome;

Dewford Town
Battle! Zinnia
Battle! Rayquaza
Battle! Team Magma/Aqua Grunt
Battle! Wally

Expected Awesome;

Battle! Regis
Battle! Gym Leaders
Fortree City
Hoenn Oceanic Museum
Battle! Rival
Sea Mauville
Battle! Wild Pokemon
Defeated! Team Magma/Aqua
Sootopolis City

"Lacked" Awesome;

Battle! Archie/Maxie--Had a great start...but it faded out as the song continued. I'll listen to it again, it'll grow.
Battle! Elite Four--It's energy was a tad low, it lacked the intensity of the old theme
Battle! Champion!--Gawwww, what a disappointment. I really wished they amped the theme up, but man, I felt crushed hearing this version.

ebevan91

My favourite piece in the entire game is Zinnia's battle theme, closely followed by Wally's. They're just so fitting and epic. I can't wait to remix them.

Those are 2 of my least favorite themes actually. The battle themes anyways.

Also, I've been listening to the soundtrack in the car on the way to and from work. Steven's track sounds nice when listened to from a car stereo.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
rip the Game Corner. You were an unfortunate victim of "Think of the children!!!"
Indeed. While I never enjoyed the 3rd gen game corner as much as some others, and I much prefer the 2nd gen music theme of it, it's still sad to see it gone, especially with the owner standing by his closed business like that. =(
It's kind of an awkward situation they've got with legendary themes here. Their decision to use the original themes adds a certain charm to them and I like that, but the fact that only the legendary beasts got their theme from the old GB soundfont while all other themes were from the DS soundfont kind of makes it feel like the odd one out. In a way that's cool, but I still find it mildly awkward that there's no other legendaries with that treatment. Not that there is anything that could have gotten the same treatment, unless they wanted to give Ho-oh/Lugia the generic wild battle theme from GS but that's lame. I also don't blame them for not giving the legendary beasts their unique HG/SS versions since that's 3 versions of nearly the same theme, which is kind of unnecessary. I guess that's all just a small little quirk though.
Yeah, that is a bit odd. Would have been better if all the legendaries had the songs from their original games (and if AS could have had the superior Ho-oh battle theme...) >:[
My favourite piece in the entire game is Zinnia's battle theme, closely followed by Wally's. They're just so fitting and epic. I can't wait to remix them.
I'm alright with those (probably prefer Wally's theme), but some other tunes I prefer more, such as the Team Magma/Aqua Leader battle theme, and Sootopolis' theme. Always liked that latter one. =)

Lorde

Tbh, I don't care at all for the BGM that plays in Delta Episode when we go to space; it's as overrated as Wally's battle BGM imho. Sky Pillar's BGM is great though in my view. I prefer its new soundtrack over the old one from R/S/E.

Gabry00023

Archie/Maxie's battle theme is epic. I like it very much. My favourite theme from this game and from gen VI. Maybe, my favourite theme overall... It's so good.

HM02gon

Waiting...
I think we should all agree that the ending credits music is the best theme ever. Just saying.

Tbh, I don't care at all for the BGM that plays in Delta Episode when we go to space; it's as overrated as Wally's battle BGM imho. Sky Pillar's BGM is great though in my view. I prefer its new soundtrack over the old one from R/S/E.
Well the Sky Pillar music isn't really "new" it is just the music when Rayquaza comes down to stop Groudon and Kyogre in Sootopolis City in Emerald.

Lorde

I think we should all agree that the ending credits music is the best theme ever. Just saying.

It's dreadful though imho. The original was immaculate and didn't deserve to be extended and changed so much in my view.

Well the Sky Pillar music isn't really "new" it is just the music when Rayquaza comes down to stop Groudon and Kyogre in Sootopolis City in Emerald.

I haven't played through that scene since 2005, so I wasn't familiar with that BGM. :x

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Well, my fears came true about ORAS's music. When I saw the first trailer, I could tell that they changed R/S/E's songs into the 6th gen arrangement, but people disagreed, saying the horns would still be back in full force. One of the biggest examples is the thematic intro, overlooking the pond. The flute is replaced by… 6th-gen synthesizers or something? And not only has the flute been replaced, but also the trumpet, in certain phrases, has been replaced for a more 6th gen style.

But alas, this was inevitable, for each generation has a distinct musical focus. 3rd gen's R/S/E, and even FireRed and LeafGreen, focused on the trumpet and flute for the main voices. The 6th generation, however, has an entirely different musical focus, and I expected to hear this style in ORAS.

Despite the above complaint, I'm totally in love with ORAS' music, for songs such as Wally's battle theme, Zinnia's battle theme, Ending Theme, The End music, History of Mega Evolution, Zinnia's Theme (Sorrow), Meteor Falls, Wally's Theme (Emotion), Brendan/May Theme (Emotion), Zinnia's Theme, Sky Pillar… The list goes on.

My absolute favorite songs of ORAS have to be The End music, Zinnia's Theme (Sorrow), May Theme (Emotion), and Zinnia's battle theme out of all the battles. However, no champion song has yet to come close to Approaching Champion Cynthia:

Incomparable

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.