• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

imran3

Nothing much...
Battles

1. Wild Battle ~ Pretty nostalgic, and reminds me of the annoying Pokemon popping up, LOL, good times, good times.

2. Trainer Battle ~ Adrenaline pumping with those drums and a faster pace. The old one was boring, this is interesting.

3. Rival Battle ~ Awesome. They did really well with the guitar and all.

4. Gym Leader ~ Pretty nice, but one problem: Wallace. His creepy face comes up in my mind when I hear this. No thanks to battling him twice yet no more again with AreaNav... Pretty good anyways. Sorry 'bout that.

5. Team Grunt Battle ~ Pretty awesome start. Especially with those SFXs. But the middle was underwhelming...

6. Boss Battle ~ What can I say? They nailed it! The guitars, the trumpet and that badass bass drop! Screw the claps, we didn't need them... although they could've been a nice bonus. This has to be the star of Hoenn for me!

7. Primal Battle/ 20. Rayquaza ~ Those two pretty much the same, although the former has pretty good GBA sounds which fit well into it. I like this.

8. 1337 4 ~ They were pretty underwhelming. I miss the claps they used to have... they could have added more trumpets and guitars.

9. Steven ~ His B2W2 theme was better, but still they are neck and neck. This one went really well with the fast theme, the techno and Steven's bland room. Awesome.

10. Regis ~ They were good like always. The ruiny part they put was pretty awesome and reflects their surroundings. Reminds me of Brandon...
11 to 19, No review, They are exactly the same as before.

21. Zinnia ~ Never did the Delta Episode, my brother took care of it, while I was away with studies. Will review later.

22. Deoxys ~ Awesome! The surroundings were speechless and yet this virus really surprised me! The theme, I never heard when I was little but now they've done it good. So Ebola is from space?

23. Battle Chatelaine ~ No discussion on Battle Frontier. Their themes were still awesome. Much better than Kalos or Hoenn E4.

Overworld

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Okay i had to post this, I've been listening to the zinnia theme over and over and while its sooper good, thats not the reason I'm here.

I'm honestly amazed at this, for a pokemon song, within exactly three months from today, this video is has over a million views.
" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIn8_Q27WFY "

thats crazy, I've listened to tons and tons of different versions of the same song from different people, and for the most part the songs never get over 500,000 views unless they're insanely popular or have been up for a while, usually both! (like the cynthia theme for example). Even the same uploader's other ORAS uploads pale in comparison to that. (the max being 614 from wally I think.)

Maybe I'm just over hyping it but I find it rly cool...

anyway, just wanted to say that here (as it is a music appreciation thread), retreating to meh hole now.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Okay i had to post this, I've been listening to the zinnia theme over and over and while its sooper good, thats not the reason I'm here.

I'm honestly amazed at this, for a pokemon song, within exactly three months from today, this video is has over a million views.
" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIn8_Q27WFY "

thats crazy, I've listened to tons and tons of different versions of the same song from different people, and for the most part the songs never get over 500,000 views unless they're insanely popular or have been up for a while, usually both! (like the cynthia theme for example). Even the same uploader's other ORAS uploads pale in comparison to that. (the max being 614 from wally I think.)

Maybe I'm just over hyping it but I find it rly cool...

anyway, just wanted to say that here (as it is a music appreciation thread), retreating to meh hole now.

Looking back, knowing that Shota Kageyama could create something this beautiful, I wonder why the Battle music of XY was pretty meh in comparison. Same can be said with Minako.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Well it's by far the best new piece of BGM in the Gen 6 games in my opinion, so I'm not surprised; half of those views are probably from me anyway. :p

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I think XY had fine battle themes. There were very different from what we were used to but XY's Gym Leader/Elite 4 themes are still some of my favorites. ORAS has the advantage of being well established music that we're familiar with, nostalgia possibly being a factor too (hello Frontier Brain theme aka my favorite Pokemon theme ever). If I'm being honest though, Zinnia's theme(s) sounds like it would fit perfectly with the musical theme of Kalos, almost moreso than it does with Hoenn's music. That's just how I hear it, though.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
I'm really in love with all the Contest-related music. It just sounds so fitting! :) I'm also in love with Lisia's bonus character song, Appeal Love (based off Lisia's in-game theme). Does anyone have any links to the lyrics? I'm having no luck finding them. XD

GagaHax

Berry Maniac
Nothing can ever stop me from thinking that "Per Aspera Ad Astra", the theme that plays when riding Rayquaza into space, was simply amazing. Besides the fact that it fits the situation so damn well, this is the first time that this type of music has been in a pokemon game, which make it all the more powerful.

Offtopic:
The only thing that could've made that moment better in my opinion is if characters, like Steven, Birch, Rival, Wally, Team Leaders/Admins, etc. were shown looking at the sky light up with a flash of green as Rayquaza raced off into space.

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
I love the battle themes in this game. The music is the one thing I really loved about this game, since I didn't really enjoy the game itself. Wally's Battle Theme is my favorite. It's such a powerful theme.

Last edited:

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
  • I have to say, for the Trainer, and Champion themes, I actually prefer the Colosseum remixes...Those felt more grand and intense...But the Gym and Elite 4 remixes here have become favorites.
  • Primal Reversion theme was outstanding. Its just the right kind of edgy, and I love the light touches of the GBA version that were mixed in.
  • I didn't care for Zinnia's battle theme at first, but its definitely grown on me.
  • Frontier Brain Remix is the single most bitter sweet piece of music I've ever heard. Its an insanely good remix, and yet a constant reminder of that thing that I can't play with anymore...
  • Wally's Battle theme is nice, but too short for my liking. Wish it were a bit longer.

I really didn't like the music in Ruby and Sapphire, and I think that's why I struggled to enjoy Gen 3 overall. I much preferred the updates version of the soundtrack for ORAS. Made the game that bit more enjoyable.

bigbro223

Steven's remade battle theme just defines what a Champion should be. I also love the Maxie/Archie theme and oddly enough, the Street Thug encounter theme.

Hexios

Banned
Overall I really liked this soundtrack. I personally felt that it maintained the essence of the original themes while improving on them. My favorite tracks are the Magma/Aqua Leader battle and the Frontier Brain Battle.

(off topic) I read that these aren't available as an option for local battles but are available for wifi... Why is that? (if it is true).

Last edited:

Miss Meta Mon

I ♥ Poké Dolls
Overall I really liked this soundtrack. I personally felt that it maintained the essence of the original themes while improving on them. My favorite tracks are the Magma/Aqua Leader battle and the Frontier Brain Battle.

(off topic) I read that these aren't available as an option for local battles but are available for wifi... Why is that? (if it is true).

Speaking from personal experience, there are only 4 tracks available for local battles (Music 1-4). As for the reason, I have no idea.

Also, am I the only one that was disappointed that the rival theme (for Wally) only plays during the Victory Road battle, and not during every subsequent Battle Resort battle?

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
Speaking from personal experience, there are only 4 tracks available for local battles (Music 1-4). As for the reason, I have no idea.

Also, am I the only one that was disappointed that the rival theme (for Wally) only plays during the Victory Road battle, and not during every subsequent Battle Resort battle?

There are multiple tracks that do appear for Link battles, even though only 4 appear locally and for Maison battles. They can be found here: http://serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/music.shtml

Also, yes, I was very disappointed they didn't keep Wally's theme for his rematches at the Battle Resort. I thought his theme was really cool and there was really no rhyme or reason to change it at the end.

Koumashiki

ポケモントレーナーになる?
I really like the music when you soar the sky with Latios/Latias during daytime. Nighttime soaring music is nice too but I prefer the daytime one. Sometimes I just use the Eon flute then stand in one place do nothing but enjoy the music.
Zinnia's and Steven's battle theme are great too. I think most themes in ORAS are great anyway.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Hey guys, I'm having trouble finding the song that plays when Aqua/Magma invade the Weather Institute. Does anybody know what the official song is called? Is it on iTunes, because all I can find is Hideout, Five Furious Strikes, etc.

EDIT: Found it! It's called Explosive Encounters! Red and Blue. Amazing song, and I wish the track was longer.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I like the ORAS background music but I prefer the original RSE versions because they sound more 'original' and less 'ruined'.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
I like the ORAS background music but I prefer the original RSE versions because they sound more 'original' and less 'ruined'.

By definition, they were more original because they were indeed the original games. Ruined though? No, I wouldn't go that far. Sure, they were a little "remixed" but that makes it fit the new aesthetics. It was appropriate, and I liked that they added tunes as well (such as Zinnia's and Wally's respective battle themes).

Status
Not open for further replies.