• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
After a long break, I resumed playing my Alpha Sapphire. Yesterday I caught the last remaining legend you can get alone, Terrakion. Today's goal was to find and catch the 4 extremely rare fishing Pokémon: Gyarados, Staryu and Corsola. Luckily, I was able to get Seadra from other sources a long time ago, so that left me the other three. After about 15 or so minutes of fishing in Sootopolis, a lv. 40 male Gyarados finally appeared. Thanks to my shiny Metagross' Hold Back, I was able to catch it with only one Ultra Ball. I then proceeded to Lilycove to fish Staryu, which I did, after a while. With the same method as before with the Gyarados, it was mine at lv. 40. Lastly, I moved to Ever Grande City and started fishing for Corsola. And boy, was I extremely lucky to immediately find one, with no other wild encounters beforehand in said place. Same method as before, it was mine. Today was a historical day for me, for I managed to catch every wild Pokémon in Hoenn as of today. Mirage spots are next, and I will proceed to investigate them in the coming days.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So I fought more trainers at Route 119 when I crossed a wooden bridge and I finally evolved Metang into Metagross after grinding against more wild Pokemon in the tall grass. I ran through the rain and defeated a Bird Keeper and then I arrived outside of the Weather Institute building. I spoke to a woman at the desk once I went inside and then I battled against some gross Aqua grunts on the first floor. I headed straight up to the second floor afterwards and saw Shelly intimidating the researchers of the Weather Institute. After battling two more Aqua grunts, I fought Shelly. I defeated Shelly's Sharpedo with Sceptile's Leaf Blade and then once Shelly's wig had been ripped by my own hands, I got a Castform as a present.

Ketaru

Went to a video gaming convention yesterday and got into a few Pokemon battles. But not against anybody who could really be described a "competitive."

Gave up n getting a shiny Hoppip with Infiltrator.

Completed the National Pokedex (sans most event legendaries).

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I continue to collect flags with the goal of reaching 1000 flags. Tried to chain for Deino and Trapinch with Dexnav but no success. Horde search in route 110, Jagged Pass and Shoal Cave but no shiny pokemon in sight.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I transferred over 3 Synchoronize Ralts Timid, Adamant, and Jolly to my Alpha Sapphire so I could hunt a couple legendary Pokemon. First I went after Virizion since it is Monday. After three soft resets I managed to get max speed jolly Virizion. It also took all my Ultra Balls. I ended up catching it with a Premier Ball. I decide to drop it in my PC because I didn't feel like training it right now.

Then I decide to go after Latios. When I finally got the one I ended up keeping, I used Camerupt with its Yawn and two Rock Slides to get Latios in the red. After a few soft resets I kept the following: Timid Nature 20/31/31/30/31/31. I then proceeded to EV Train Latios and leveled it up to 50.

Lorde

After defeating Brendan, I arrived in Fortree City and sashayed to the local PC. Next I went up some ladders and visited homes around Fortree City and saw Aarune again before dashing over to Route 120. I spotted Steven Stone before leaving Fortree City and once I was at Route 120 itself, I battled against my stalkers Gabby and Ty and several other trainers and picked up some items. I ran across a wooden bridge next and spotted Steven there. I put on his Devon Scope and battled the Kecleon that was there. After getting rid of the Kecleon, Steven gave me the Devon Scope thing and he also gave me the Sceptileite too. Steven left afterwards and I returned to Fortree City and healed my team after grinding.

Kalosian

So long
Surfed east from Dewford Town and explored routes 107, 108 & 109. Battled all trainers and picked up all items. Found a Dive spot at one place here which I can't remember from the originals, so that's cool. Will have to check it out later. Along the way, Medicham grew to the same level at the rest of the team, which is good. Teaching it Thunder Punch also turned out to be a good decision as it could crush all opposing Water-types easily that way. Arrived at the beach on Route 109 again, healed my team at the Slateport Pokemon Center and tried to surf east from this town, but could not get anywhere due to the strong currents. So I gave up, will have to try and explore this part of Hoenn from the other direction later on.

Flew back to Route 108 instead as I had seen something interesting in the background before. Went to what I had seen, and it turned out to be an abandoned ship. It was huge. Battled the trainers in the outer sea area, then I entered the ship itself. A woman who informed tourists about the ship told me a little about it, what it was and that it had stranded here in 1982. I explored parts of the ship and battled some trainers but could not explore the majority of it as I was missing a Pokemon knowing Dive. So I'll have to come back here later to do that.

Flew to Route 122 instead and headed down to Route 123. Explored parts of this route but not all, partly because of how it is designed and also because I didn't have a Cut user with me. Battled a few trainers at least. Flew back to Lilycove where I completed three of the level 3 regimens for Super Training, will do the remaining ones at some later point as well. Decided to quit here for today.

Team:
260.png
- level 41
277.png
- level 41
310.png
- level 41
303.png
- level 41
332.png
- level 41
308.png
- level 41

Flamer

Continued working on my Primal Cup team. Used my Secret Pals to train Cottonee and Pikachu. Then headed out to the route near cycling road to pick some EV reducing berries I'd been harvesting. Fed them to Kyogre and then finished its SpAtk and Spd training. Walked back to my Secret Base to level Kyogre up against a Blissey trainer. Went via Mauville to give Kangaskhan a massage to improve its friendliness for Return, get my Swift Swim Mantine out the PC and battle some trainers at the Food Court. Been running a bit low on cash and might need to buy a couple of TMs before this team is completed, so wanted to refill the coffers.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I got a Caterpie back on the GTS and fully evolved it into Butterfree. Somehow during grinding, I deposited a Wurmple for a Pidgey. Then saved in the tall grass at Route 112.

Kalosian

So long
Started by exploring the rest of Route 123. I found all remaining items and battled all remaining trainers... or at least I believe so. This route isn't the easiest to explore, but I hope I got everything. Might go back later to check once more just to be sure. Afterwards, I went back to Mt. Pyre. Explored the rest of the inside area, battled all remaining trainers and picked up all remaining items. I realized that this place had been more redesigned than I had first thought, with the floors cut to four compared to the six in the originals. But it doesn't matter too much. On the top floor, I found a TM for Shadow Ball as well as a Medichamite. This is great as it means that my Medicham can Mega Evolve, and that all members of my team that can Mega Evolve are now capable of doing so. I tested it right away and got Mega Medicham added to my Pokedex.

Left the inside of Mt. Pyre and headed to the outside again. Started climbing towards the top, caught a Vulpix and picked up a bunch of items as the fog crept ever thicker. At the top, I saw and battled several Magma Grunts and found a Banettite. Two Mega Stones in the same location? Didn't quite expect that. At the very top of the mountain/graveyard/what it now should be classified as, I saw Maxie again. He was standing in front of two strange-looking stones. He spoke for a while about how the Red Orb now belonged to him and that he had to get obtain a submarine in order to reach his goal. He left and sent Courtney to keep my occupied while he was getting away. I managed to defeat her, and she left as well. An old couple at the top told me a little about the functions of the Red and Blue Orbs, they gave me the Blue Orb to keep for now as I might need it later on. Team Magma had mentioned something about Slateport, so I guess I should go there and see what they are up to. For now though, I left and flew back to Lilycove.

Team:
260.png
- level 43
277.png
- level 42
310.png
- level 42
303.png
- level 42
332.png
- level 43
308.png
- level 42

Lorde

So once I had sashayed back to Fortree City, I used my new Devon Scope to see the invisible Kecleon that was outside of Fortree's Gym. Once Kecleon was removed, I walked behind the Gym and got my hands on the Grass Knot TM and dashed into the Gym itself. Once inside, I walked through a rotating panel and battled against several Gym trainers and their Flying-types. I kept sprinting through more panels and then I finally arrived at Gym Leader Winona's location and challenged her. I thrashed Winona's Swellow and her Pelipper with my Raichu's Thunderbolt, then I used Torkoal's Overheat against Winona's Skarmory and defeated it. Winona used her Altaria last and my Gardevoir's Dazzling Gleam won the match.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Collect some flags for my secret base which brings me to a total of 971. Got a berry and an item from some trainers in my base. Then went to the Lilycove Department Store to try the lottery and end up with Moomoo Milk. Soar over to Mirage Mountain and got a couple of fossils.

Flamer

Evolved Cottonee into Whimsicott using a Sun Stone, (had 8 of them saved up) and then continued its EV training. Worked on Pikachu's Spd a little too.

Cutting it quite fine to have the team ready by Friday, not helped by the fact that I have plans for the next two evenings. Still got all of Mantine's EVs and moveset to sort out, and still don't have a Gengar. Put up Golem on GTS to try and get one, but as of last night no trade had been made. Seriously considering switching it out for something else. Gale Wings Talonflame is out of the question, so might pull in Protean Greninja from my Battle Mansion team. STAB Gunk Shot will deal well with Fairies, which are a bit of a weakness for my team, and STAB Ice Beam deals with a lot of the common threats I was hoping to counter with Gengar. And since he's already been trained that'll be one less Pokemon to worry about.

Lorde

Gym Leader Winona gave me the Feather Badge and Roost TM when I defeated her and now I dashed to the Fortree City Pokemon Center and healed my team inside. I then headed east again toward Route 120 and sashayed south through puddles in the middle of the route. I visited the Scorched Slab as well and snatched the Sunny Day TM, then I thrashed trainers and picked Wepear and Pinap Berries after cutting down a thorny bush. I then walked through a maze of thick tall grass and battled a Bug Maniac there. As I sashayed further south, I found a Light Ball after passing over a lake and I fought a Street Thug and Delinquent as well when I approached the Ancient Tomb area. I then got a Berry from a girl.

Blazing Charmander

Started up my previously untouched and unopened Limited Steelbook Edition of Alpha Sapphire this evening and got all of the formalities in Littleroot over with, before choosing Treecko to fend off the wild Poochyena that was chasing Prof. Birch. The kind Professor gifted me the Treecko that I used earlier and we both proceeded towards Oldale Town, where a friendly Poke Mart Clerk gave me a bundle of Potions.

I then met May on Route 103 who had a female Torchic as her partner and our battle went right down to the wire as my Treecko was left with 1HP and her Torchic also with a slither of HP remaining. Fortunately, despite Treecko's Speed-hindering nature he was quick enough to pull off the first attack to defeat his opponent.

Current Party:
Treecko - Lv 7

Flamer

Didn't get home as late as I thought I would last night so was able to work on my Primal Cup team a bit more. Finished Pikachu's Atk and Spd training and then leveled her up against one of my Blissey trainers. Forgot to turn the level release on though so she only got up to lv35. Then headed over to Mauville to give Kangaskhan another massage. Hopefully I've maxed out its friendship by now, but going to head over to Verdanturf next to check.

Managed to get hold of a Gengar off the GTS after putting one of my spare Omanyte up for trade. To be honest I think I've left it a bit late to train it, but good to have anyway for the dex entry.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So got a Pidgey on GTS and fully evolved it into Pidgeot, registering Pidgeotto in the process. Then deposited a Wurmple for Spearow on the GTS. After, did some Wonder Trading and then I saved eventually because the battery was low.

Lorde

Next I arrived in Route 121 and spotted a few Team Aqua grunts heading towards Mt. Pyre after I had thrashed trainers, which irked me. I moved past the Safari Zone since I didn't have time to waste inside as I marched along Route 121's thick grass and I fought several other trainers as well and caught a wild Shuppet in the tall grass. Next I cut down a tree nearby and picked up a Shiny Stone. I picked some Berries as well before arriving in Lilycove City, and once there I healed my darlings at the Pokemon Center and headed out again. I spent some time messing with Amie and Super-Training and then I quickly visited Cove Lily Motel and then I headed up to the Lilycove Department Store and fought my rival nearby.

Kalosian

So long
Played a little yesterday. I went to Slateport. Outside of the Harbor, I saw Stern getting interviewed about his new submarine. When the interview was over, we suddenly heard a voice. It was saying something about how the submarine now belonged to Team Magma. We hurried inside of the harbor where we met Maxie and Tabitha. They took control over the submarine and let two grunts battle me in order to buy them time to get away. Stern feared that they were going after a legendary ancient Pokemon that might be found in a cave under the water on Route 128. He asked me to go after them and went with me to Lilycove, then he returned to Slateport.

Today, I started by going to a place I hadn't visited yet and had almost forgotten about. The Safari Zone. I explored what I could explore of it, found several items and caught a bunch of Pokemon: Pikachu, Doduo, Xatu, Psyduck, Rhyhorn, Wobbuffet and Pinsir. Saw a Mega Stone shimmering at the top of a hill but couldn't get it yet. Will have to come back here later, I'm guessing I will need both bikes at once in order to fully explore everything. So it will take a while before I can do everything here.

With it done, I could get continued on the story. Went to the Magma Hideout outside of Lilycove. Entered and battled all trainers as well as stole all items laying around, including a Master Ball. Also caught one of the Electrode that was guarding it. I don't remember this place being so large and extensive in the originals, so I'm guessing it has been redesigned, which is a plus. The actual area design was neat too. At the end of the hideout, I saw a submarine looking like a Camerupt in the distance. In order to get to it, I had to fight five Magma Grunts at once. My Manectric made easy work of their Poochyena with a Discharge.

In front of the submarine, I met Courtney again. She battled me in order to buy time for Maxie to escape with the submarine. And she succeeded as I couldn't stop it from getting away. She said they were going to the Seafloor Cavern somewhere in the sea, so I should go there too... eventually. And it seems like I can do so now that there are no Wailmer blocking the way out from the city either. This means I can finally leave Lilycove tomorrow, feels like I have been here for way too long.

Team:
260.png
- level 43
277.png
- level 43
310.png
- level 43
303.png
- level 43
332.png
- level 43
308.png
- level 43

Lorde

Next I dashed into the Lilycove Department Store after slaying Brendan outside and sending him to the hospital. I walked up and down the floors and shopped for Ultra Balls and TMs, then I wandered back out and visited the Contest Spectacular building and the local Museum as well to observe art since I'm so cultured. I then encountered some Team Aqua grunts when I walked east and then I Surfed towards Route 124, but a group of Wailmer were blocking the way. I headed over to Route 122 after leaving Lilycove City and I visited the Safari Zone and caught a wild Pikachu and Donphan. Next I Surfed south from the pier and I arrived on Mt. Pyre's island. I dashed to the interior of the cemetery next and saved my game.