• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Finally got Growlithe and evolved it into Arcanine. Then deposited Tentacruel for a Politoed, planning to obtain Poliwag later. Then I caught a wild Zigzagoon and was about to Wonder Trade it. It wasn't much but I didn't have much time so I saved at Route 101.

Kalosian

So long
With the E4 beaten and the Delta Episode done, I could get started on other things. There are several things I want to do in the game, most importantly completing the Pokedex and the Battle Maison, but I may also try Contests and Secret Bases if I feel like it. But I am going to start with the Pokedex. And I will start by travelling through all of Hoenn again, going to catch the new DexNav-exclusive Pokemon in all areas as well as most to all regular wild Pokemon I haven't caught yet. Will also look for all and any remaining Mega Stones along the way, I checked how many I have and saw that I was missing 29 in total so I had more than I thought but still have a long way to go. In addition to that, I will also check the Mirage Spots every day to get Pokemon from there.

Started from Littleroot today and after walking out, I heard someone on Route 101 scream for help! I went there and saw Professor Birch being chased around by a Shroomish. He asked me to pick a Pokemon from his bag and I picked a Cyndaquil. Though I didn't have to use it as the Shroomish wasn't very violent. The Professor thanked me anyway and let me keep the Cyndaquil for myself. On Route 101, I caught Zorua and Sewaddle, making me done with it. Then I tried soaring and looking for Mirage Spots. However, I only managed to find one Mirage Spot (as well as a Legendary location which I didn't go to) which was a bit of a disappointment, I had expected more. Found some items on the Mirage Spot at least, also caught Elekid and Zebstrika there. In addition to that, I caught Murkrow and Drifloon while soaring in the sky. I don't want to be limited to just one Mirage Spot every day so I'm wondering if there is any way to get more of them to appear. From what I have understood, it is possible both through StreetPass and SpotPass so I'll give the latter a try tomorrow and hope for more Mirages.

Went down to the ground again. On Route 103, I caught Shellos and Chatot as well as a Wailmer through fishing. On Route 102, I caught Tympole and Gothita in the grass as well as a Corphish through fishing. Then I caught a Pidove on Route 104. Finally, I recieved the Unova Starters with Hidden Abilities through the ongoing event, which I am happy about. Will continue with more things tomorrow.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After I thrashed Drake in his chamber, I dashed towards Steven Stone's room and we fought each other. Steven used his Skarmory against me first and I beat it with my Ninetales's Flamethrowers. Next I fought against Steven's Aggron and I attacked it with Crawdaunt's Crabhammer. Aggron's Sturdy activated however and a Surf attack beat it afterwards and I used my Tropius and Golem against Steven's Claydol and Armaldo next and beat them with Leaf Storm and Stone Edge. I thrashed Steven's Cradily with Metagross's Meteor Mash next and I then fought Steven's Mega Metagross with my Ninetales and I won with Flamethrower. Professor Birch and Brendan showed up and I was registered in the Hall of Fame.

A good while ago, I had transferred my two Venusaurs that I needed to level up on X over to OR, and my two that I'd already trained up on OR over to X, because the only one of them that has HP Fire was on my X team, and I wanted it on my OR Battle Box team instead. I spent the better part of today getting them to Lv.100, as well as a competition-quality Electrike I traded my shiny Yanmega for a few days ago. As that is now done, I have only to level up all my HA Pokemon on X that I never got around to doing. Hooray for infinite repetition!!! x'P

Update: After finishing leveling up my Pokemon yesterday, I went to the Battle Maison to grind BP for tutor moves. I put Signal Beam onto my competitive Manectric, Drain Punch onto my Z-team Chespin, and Knock Off onto my Z-team Inkay. I don't think I need any other tutor moves right now, but I guess we'll see what the future holds.

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Ended up focusing on Mirage Spots today. Went to check what the game had generated for me first. Found it quickly and caught Venomoth and Maractus on it, also found a TM, which was welcome. Then I tried to generate some more Mirage Spots. Connected to the internet and passed by people. Checked to see if there were any new Mirage Spots, but no. This was somewhat of a disappointment. Had I done something wrong?

That turned out to be the case. I had to check my BuzzNav and update it before the new Mirage Spots were added. So now I did so and got three new Mirage Spots which is less than I expected but better than nothing. Though one of them was the one I explored yesterday, so it was technically only 2 new ones. I explored these two at least. Caught Magby and Darmanitan on one of them, also picked up an item on it. Caught Tynamo and Slowpoke on the other. Saw a TM on it but couldn't get it yet since it required both bikes and I haven't gotten that far yet...

In addition to this, I also caught a Braviary while soaring, which was the last Pokemon I needed that was exclusive to soaring. I also went back to my first Mirage Spot to use Rock Smash there. I smashed several rocks and obtained a bunch of fossils, Old Ambers, Dome Fossils and Armor Fossils. Still needing a Plume Fossil but there will be time to get one later on from this or another Mirage Spot. I also met Binacle and Graveler while rock smashing, caught both of them. Will continue tomorrow but going to take it easy with the Mirage Spots, only checking my own daily one for a while forward. Will focus on re-exploring Hoenn instead.

Flamer

Played AS a little last night for the first time since the Primal Battle competition. Decided to have a crack at the Battle Mansion Doubles with some of the Pokemon I trained for that and the Pikachu Cup, plus my Battle Mansion Singles team.

Since I haven't unlocked Super Doubles yet, I'm just using the early battles to play around with team combos. Mega Kangaskhan was the stand out performer over the two competitions so I've decided to build the team around her. Unfortunately, with the Mega slot taken there's no room for my Charizard. His bulky build with Will-o-wisp and Roost has got me out of many a tight in Singles, but I can't imagine he'll be as effective in doubles so in terms of performance I don't think it'll be too big a loss.

So far Raichu has proved to be quite a useful partner for Mega Kangaskhan. Raichu's Fake Out makes sure Mega Kangaskhan can get its initial Power-up Punch away. Difficult to asses how useful this actually is against such weak opposition. Thinking Prankster Whimsicott with Taunt and Tailwind might be a better option for helping Mega Kangaskhan set up for the sweep in the long run. Will have to replace Hurricane with Giga Drain though, since she won't have Rain support from Kyogre any more. Tailwind Emolga with Earthquake Excadrill also looks like a good pairing, with Mega Kangaskhan then coming in as a late game sweeper.

Lorde

I put Alpha Sapphire aside and played Omega Ruby since I wanted to work on my National Dex some more. I Soared on Mega Latios and dropped onto a Mirage Cave. I sashayed around the desolate cavern and caught a wild Tynamo and Slowpoke. I flew to Mauville City next and shopped at the Poke Mart, then I trained and evolved Tynamo into Eelektrik and used a Thunder Stone on it and evolved it into Eelektross. Next I Soared again and caught a wild Drifloon in the sky and landed on a Mirage Island south of Pacifidlog Town and caught a wild Xatu and Audino. I then used Rock Smash and found a wild Binacle which I caught too and I found a Dome Fossil and Plume Fossil as well, which I revived at the Devon Corp.

Goddess Yami

Happy Go Lucky
Completed the Hoenn dex last week. Right now I am working on the National Dex. I decided to go by generation so I am currently working on generation one. I have these guys left:

Ekans
Arbok
Nidorino
Nidoking
Primeape
Poliwrath
Victreebel
Seel
Cloyster
Exeggcute
Exeggutor
Hitmonlee
Chansey
Kangaskhan
Jynx
Magmar
Flareon
Omastar
Kabutops

I am happy to say I have all the generation one legendaries. Even Mew! A friend of mine gave me his. It's legit too!

echo13

I finally, finally caught the Nincada I had been searching for, a female Adamant one with Run Away (to turn into Infiltrator) and the egg move Night Slash. It wouldn't have taken so long if I had remembered about the Synchronize ability and had to run and catch a Ralts... anyways now that that's done, it's on to the Rustboro Gym and then the tunnel to save Peeko!

Kalosian

So long
Yesterday, I checked my daily Mirage Spot. Found it and caught Sunkern and Audino on it. Today, I did the same. Checked the spot the game had given me, went to it and caught an Onix there. Also smashed more rocks and managed to find a Plume Fossil which was great as it was the last one I needed. I also found and caught a Boldore while smashing rocks. Then I left as I was done with the Mirage Spot. I continued with re-exploring Hoenn. Started by going out to Routes 105 & 106 where I eventually ran into and caught Skrelp and Krabby. Continued by going to Petalburg Woods where I caught several Pokemon: Cascoon, Silcoon, Shroomish, Phantump, Paras and Cottonee. Also found a Scizorite in the forest. I had a feeling there would be something like that there, and I was right...

Continued to Rustboro City. Explored it but found nothing of interest. Though I did go to the Fossil maniac at Devon and let him restore all of my Fossils into Pokemon. This added Kabuto, Aerodactyl, Shieldon and Archen to my Pokedex. Continued out to Route 116 where I caught an Eevee. Then I flew to Dewford. Explored it as well, but found nothing of interest. Went to Granite Cave where I caught Axew and Timburr. Continued across the sea routes to Slateport, explored all of them but skipped Sea Mauville for now. Found nothing along the way. Arrived in Slateport and explored it, but found nothing cool here either. Will continue tomorrow, going to start with Sea Mauville.

Ascended Dialga

In my last several play sessions of Alpha Sapphire, I've been traveling Hoenn is search of HA Pokémon for my collection. Here are my most recent additions:

- Steadfast Machop
- Sap Sipper Girafarig
- Flame Body Ponyta
- Run Away Wurmple
- Overcoat Sewaddle
- Gluttony Spoink
- Vital Spirit Tyrogue
- Own Tempo Numel
- Mold Breaker Sawk
- Rattled Magikarp
- Rain Dish Tentacool
- Pressure Wailmer
- Sheer Force Krabby
- Infiltrator Zubat
- Magic Guard Abra
- Harvest Phantump
- Wonder Skin Skitty
- Swarm Joltik
- Friend Guard Jigglypuff
- Cloud Nine Swablu
- Lightning Rod Goldeen
- Rivalry Pidove
- Intimidate Scraggy
- Keen Eye Skorupi
- Own Tempo Lotad
- Ice Body Seel

Lorde

Back on AS, I fought Brendan when the credits had rolled and next Delta Episode began. My daddy gave me the Pair of Tickets, then I headed outside and saw Zinnia. We gossiped and next I visited Birch's home and spoke to Brendan. I dashed towards Petalburg City now and saw Matt harassing Wally, so I thrashed him quickly and Steven messaged me. I soon visited the Devon Corporation in Rustboro City and my future father-in-law Mr. Stone babbled about Infinity Energy. I hurried to Dewford Town next and I entered Granite Cave. I saw Zinnia again at the cave with the cave painting and I fought her. I beat Zinnia's Tyrantrum with Metagross, her Altaria with Gardevoir, and her Salamence with Walrein and won.

Kalosian

So long
Started by checking my daily Mirage Spot. Found it, picked up a Rare Candy as well as caught Ditto and Munna on it. This was great as Ditto is a Pokemon I will need to use for breeding later on. Left the spot afterwards and headed out to Sea Mauville. Time to explore this place for real. With Dive in my party, I was ready. Explored the whole place, battled a few more trainers and found several new items, including a Scanner. Also read all the lore and captured a Spiritomb. Managed to get access to the Storage Room at the very end of the place, which contained a lot of items.

There were a few treasure hunters there but their boss didn't care much for any of the stuff there except for a strange thing on the floor. They left and I could pick up all the items. Did so and found a ton of Nuggets (which I later sold), a TM for Ice Beam and a Beedrillite. Not bad. Spoke to a scientist in the outer area who asked me to deliver the Scanner to Stern in Slateport. I left Sea Mauville, not sure if I will return in this game. But I liked it, they did a great job expanding/revamping one of one of my favorite places from the original Hoenn games and that is something I appreciate.

I left and flew back to Slateport. Spoke to Stern and gave him the Scanner, he gave me a Clear Bell as thanks. Interesting... I went out to Route 110 and caught a Trubbish here. I still have more Pokemon to catch here, will have to come back for them at a later point. All of them are from the Hoenn Dex so it shouldn't be too hard to find all of them. Re-explored the other part of Route 103 as well, but found nothing of interest here. Instead, I continued to Mauville where I saved for today. Will continue tomorrow, starting with re-exploring Mauville as I have a feeling there will be something here that needs to be done...

Lorde

So when I had thrashed my good sis Zinnia, she surrendered the Meteorite Shard. I headed to Fallarbor Town afterwards and sashayed to Meteor Falls and I spotted Steven there and we spoke to some woman who was related to Zinnia. Once we had heard her babble, I headed back to Mossdeep City and encountered Team Aqua at the Mossdeep Space Center. I thrashed Aqua grunts, then Zinnia showed up. She snatched Matt's Key Stone and I went to the Aqua Hideout next. I confronted Zinnia inside Archie's office and I got the Sharpedonite from Archie and Shelly, then Steven messaged me and I gossiped with him and learned about the Sky Pillar. I flew to Sootopolis City and had a conversation with Wallace next.

Goddess Yami

Happy Go Lucky
I was able to get a Chansey off of the GTS for a reasonable request last night. The requester wanted a female Nidoran so I breed my Nidoking. I was surprise I was able to get female Nidorans so easily. Getting closer to completing generation one. I can't wait to move on to generation two.

Blazing Charmander

After achieving everything possible in Dewford, I returned to Granite Cave and grinded through wild battles until I found a Geodude (not realising how rare they were there), which I eventually did and subsequently added to my team. I then proceeded by joining Mr Briney on the voyage to Slateport City.

In Slateport I searched frantically for Captain Stern and found a stray Alakazite in the marketplace whilst doing so. Eventually, after searching the Shipyard itself, I found that a queue of Team Aqua members had dispersed from in front of the Oceanic Museum, giving me the freedom to look inside. Here I found Stern who had been ambushed by Aqua Grunts. After defeating them and meeting Archie (the head honcho), me and Stern went our separate ways and before managing to leave Slateport I was sucked into a sideshow involving Hoenn's Contest Spectaculars and the Idol, Lisia. I gave the Cuteness Contest a try with my Geodude, who wowed the audience several times and won itself a ribbon. An onlooker was so impressed by the show that she gave me a unique female Pikachu that happens to like wearing outfits.

I moved on to Route 110, where I stumbled upon a Trick House followed by May, who was scouring the area for Pokemon. Our battle was a bruising one for my party but thankfully May was on hand to revitalise them. Unfortunately the trainers further along the route were just as strong and left me with half of my team out of action by the time I reached Mauville. Thankfully Treecko finally learned Giga Drain around this time, so I was happy for him to finally evolve into Grovyle and give my team a further power boost. After healing at the Pokemon Centre, I found Wally and his Uncle in front of the city's Gym and proceeded to easily sweep the rookie trainer's Ralts aside with my Thunder Fang wielding Poochyena (which would evolve shortly afterwards). I sidetracked to Verdanturf to train my team and catch more Pokemon before returning to Mauville and challenging Wattson for my third badge. Geodude stole the show as expected but not without a scare along the way as Wattson's Magneton knew Magnet Bomb.

After seeing all of the sights in Mauville, I went further north towards Mt. Chimney. I beat the Winstrate family and had to go through the Fiery Path thanks to the menacing Team Aqua presence at the Cable Car entrance to Mt. Chimney. On the way to Fallarbor Town I caught loads of Machop that had Egg moves (Smelling Salts, Bullet Punch, Counter and Close Combat) as well as some with good potential. I also set up a Secret Base with thanks to the kind but somewhat eccentric Aarune, before reaching the ash-ridden Route 113. I'd run out of stronger Pokeballs so had to forego catching the tricky Skarmory, but I bagged a Spinda before finally reaching the next Pokemon Centre in Fallarbor.

I bumped into May again who said that Prof. Cozmo had been abducted, so I followed her trail towards Meteor Falls where we encountered Teams Aqua and Magma along with the Magma Leader, Maxie. En route to the Falls, Geodude evolved into Graveler. After quelling the dispute between the Professor and Team Aqua as much as possible, May offered to come with me to Mauville on a date, but I politely declined in favour of doing some more training on the Rustboro side of Meteor Falls. Blackbelt Nob's Machop was a force against my Ralts and Zubat, but Grovyle cleaned up and the next trainer battle on the beach with a Battle Girl and her Meditite resulted in Ralts finally evolving. I then returned to Fallarbor and took up May's offer to return to Mauville. Together. Hand in hand.

My final act up to now was to find a Plusle and Magnemite with their Hidden Abilities on Route 110, so I can make a choice as to which i'd like to add to my team for Electric type coverage. I now have a wealth of Machop and Plusle in my PC that will be offered up on Wonder Trade in the post-game.

Team:
Grovyle
Mightyena
Lombre
Kirlia
Graveler
Zubat

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Checked my daily Mirage Spot and caught a Persian on it. That was virtually all there was to it that I didn't have before, so I left afterwards. Continued by exploring Mauville again, but found nothing of interest except for two things. First Winona who was standing high up on a tower. I wonder what in the world she was doing? Then I also met Wattson in the center of the city. He wanted me to meet him at his apartment in Mauville Hills. I went up there and met him. He asked me to go to New Mauville to check things there. So I did.

Went there, battled several Voltorb, caught a Magnemite and found some items. Including an Ampharosite, which was rather cool. I had expected to find something like that here, and I was right. I also checked the main computer like Wattson had asked me to. Went back to him in Mauville Hills and he gave me a TM for Thunderbolt as thanks. I explored the rest of Mauville Hills now that I could. Received a Lopunnite from a man which was really great. I also got to watch a strange event where the five weirdoes from the Pokemon Center transformed a young man into Mr. Bonding. He gave me the Hatching Power level 1, the last O-Power I needed, so I now have all of them. He then left on a journey.

Before leaving Mauville, I did one last thing. Switched my bike from Mach to Acro as I would need the Acro Bike to explore new areas. I never felt that the Mach Bike was that fast in this game but now that I have the Acro Bike and can compare them, the difference is rather huge. Went north to Route 111, explored it again. Except for the upper parts which I couldn't get to now that I didn't have the Mach Bike anymore. Anyway, I found and caught Sandile, Gible and Dwebble in the desert. Continued to Route 112 where I caught Ponyta, Tyrogue and Throh. Then I went up to Mt. Chimney and explored it but found nothing of interest there. Went down to Jagged Pass instead. Found a few more items here that I could pick up now that I have the Acro Bike. Including a Tyranitarite, which is great. Also caught Mankey and Spoink as well as battled a Fairy Tale Girl I somehow hadn't battled before. Not sure if I managed to find all items this time around either though, might come back one final time later on once I have both bikes.

Left and went to Lavaridge. Found a Houndoominite here, randomly laying among the old-timers outside of the old springs. Also received another Egg from the old lady outside of the hot springs. Decided to hatch this egg so I withdrew my Slugma and started biking around. Noticed that it was going far too slow with the Acro Bike so I went down to Mauville and switched back to Mach again. This also allowed me to re-explore the upper parts of Route 111 but I found nothing new there. Decided to use the Hatching O-Power to speed up the hatching process now that I could use it. Continued biking around with the Egg, using O-Powers when needed, and after what felt like a long while, the egg finally hatched. Into a Togepi.

Continued out to Route 113 where I caught Scraggy, Klefki and Bouffalant. Entered Fallarbor where I obtained the Galladite from Professor Cozmo. Really neat. Continued out to Route 114, bought the Sceptilite and Blazikenite from an old man who was selling those cheaply, as well as several Hard Stones for higher prices. Now that I had Waterfall, I could Surf up the Waterfall here. Did so and found a Rare Candy. Went back down and caught a Misdreavus and a Skorupi in the grass. Entered Meteor Falls but didn't explore it as I already did so during the Delta Episode, and I caught all the exclusive Pokemon here then as well. However, I did receive a Salamencite from Zinnia's grandmother, which was great.

Left Meteor Falls and went out to Route 115. Had already caught all of the DexNav exclusive Pokemon here as well thanks to them being available on other routes, so I didn't have to look for them here. I still explored the route, but found nothing of interest. Then I continued down to Rustoboro and went out to Route 116 where I caught a Joltik. Entered the Rusturf Tunnel and picked up an Exploudite. Not. Would have been cool though. Found the secret part of Route 116 and explored it as well but there was nothing here either. Exited the tunnel and found myself in Verdanturf. Spoke to some people here, including Wanda, who gave me a Gardevoirite. The only Mega Stones I have mixed feelings about as Gardevoir is my least favorite Pokemon and therefore also my least favorite Mega. I'll probably only use this Mega Stone once for Pokedex purposes, then never again.

Went out to Route 117 where I caught Volbeat, Rattata and Deerling. Realized now that I had completely forgotten about the Fiery Path so I went up to Route 112 and entered it. Explored it, caught Diglett and Roggenrola, also found a Charizardite X. A suiting place for such a stone. Went back to Mauville where I stopped for the day. In addition to all of what I have done, I have also unlocked the Secret Super Training as my Manectric has maxed its EVs. I have started slightly on it and completed the first four regimens, will continue with the remaining ones eventually as well.

Lorde

So next I headed to the Sky Pillar and spotted Wallace by the entrance and I fought him. When I won, he removed the seal and I saw Zinnia inside the tower itself. She ranted about Rayquaza and I climbed up and arrived at the summit soon. Zinnia then summoned Rayquaza, who swallowed my Meteorite and next I fought Rayquaza. I caught it in an Ultra Ball and exchanged my Tropius for Rayquaza afterwards and then Zinnia taught my new Rayquaza Dragon Ascent and we battled again. I emasculated Zinnia's Altaria, Goodra, and Noivern with Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent attacks, then her Tyrantrum and Mega Salamence with my Walrein's Blizzard attacks. Next I put on the Aqua Suit and flew to space on Rayquaza.

echo13

First things first, we saved Peeko from the evil team Magma grunt who had taken her hostage. A grateful Devon corp employee introduced me to the President, who then decided that I was worthy enough to be an errand girl, and sent me off in search of his wayward son. Now, strangely, I also ended up with the Devon Goods, but I don't recall him telling me what to do with them... did I miss that part, or just forget to give them back? Anyways, it was off to Dewford via Mr. Briney's boat and a cute little cutscene.

Upon arriving at Dewford, we headed out of the town to explore the Granite Cave. Unfortunately a bunch of ruin maniacs were blocking the way, so we killed some time training in the local gym. As neither Mudkip or Nincada have any effective moves against fighting types, it was pretty tough. We finally beat Brawly and got the Knuckle Badge, and returned to the cave to find Steven Stone. We then headed off for Slateport, apparently President Stone realized I still had the Devon goods and decided I could keep working for him. Either way, it's a free ride to Slateport.

Slateport's beach was just as full of trainers as I remembered, plus the Soda Pop stand is now a full-fledged restaurant. After defeating all the trainers there, I headed for the pokemon center and then the Shipyard. However Stern was missing in action, so I was sent to fetch him from the museum, where he had been trapped by a bunch of Team Magma grunts. I only got to battle two though before their boss Archie showed up and ruined my fun. The Captain was happy though, and ran off to build his submarine.

I tried to leave the city, as now I am going Electrike-hunting, but I was interrupted by a strangely dressed, strange-talking girl named Lissia, who apparently is a famous contest star. I really don't have any interest in contests right now, plan on doing that post-game, so I took her gifts and left. Now it is time to find my next team member somewhere in the tall grass...

Kalosian

So long
Started by going to Rydel again and changed my bike from Mach to Acro as it is the Acro Bike that I need right now. Then I went to check my daily Mirage Spot, caught Minccino, Sunkern and Glameow on it, also found a Green Shard and a Big Mushroom. Left the Mirage Spot and went back to Mauville. Headed out to Route 118 where I caught Luxio, Aipom and Raticate. Continued to Route 123 and explored the part of it that I could explore from this direction, but didn't find anything new or interesting. I went to the Berry Garden as well, and there, I found an Abomasite. So that was something.

Continued by going to Route 119. It had no new Pokemon so I didn't have to look for any. Still explored the route though, found a Venusaurite in the beginning of it. Not a bad place for such a thing. Found several secret bases here, entered and obtained the flags from most of them. Now that I had Waterfall, I could also explore the top part of this route. Did so and found some items here as well as a trainer I hadn't battled before. With that done, I left Route 119 and entered Fortree where I saved for today.