• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Last time in my Omega Ruby, which was 2 nights ago, I finally evolve my Staravia into Staraptor by grinding in Victory Road. After that, did nothing much and saved. Planning to grind Shinx next time and fully evolve it into Luxray.

Aquarelle

Staff member
A few days ago, I nicknamed my Bagon in Slateport before heading over to my Secret Base. After using my pals' skills to get some more items, I battled them all and got my Bagon to evolve into Shelgon. Next, I went over to my Blissey bases and trained Shelgon until it evolved into Salamence. I then wanted to try out Mega Salamence in battle, but when I was going through my bag I noticed that I didn't have the Salamencite for some reason (even though I was sure I had it). So, I had to stop by Meteor Falls again to get it. Once that was done, I did some more Secret Base battling with Mega Salamence. I got Salamence to around level 73 and then stopped there for the day. I'll continue training it later.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
About 5 hours ago, I played Omega Ruby. There, I managed to fully evolve Shinx into Luxray without challenging Secret Base Trainers and by grinding in Victory Road. Also registered Luxio, obviously. Afterwards, I healed my Pokémon using the PC and saved in the Ever Grande City Pokémon Center.

Last edited:

Flamer

Check on my Plusle in the GTS, and sure enough it had been traded for a Minun.

With that done I set off from Rustboro to Mauville, (via Verdanfurf) and then headed up the the Fiery Path. Caught a Grimer fairly quickly, but took me a while to find a Koffing, which was the other Pokemon I needed from there. Did run into a Diglett and Roggenrola though. Not needed for now, but good to get them caught if I ever decided to go for the National Dex.

With the Fiery Path completed I headed outside and took the Cable Car up Mt.Chimney. Went down the Jagged Path and caught a Spoink, before heading over to Laveridge Town.

Got a good few Pokemon to evolve now, so might mix it up and go back to leveling tomorrow

Blazing Charmander

Leading on from my last Alpha Sapphire update in November, I reached Lilycove City with my newly evolved Sceptile... and I can't remember many of the finer details from there onwards! xD

As you would expect at that point in the game I managed to liberate Mt Pyre of Team Aqua (but not without them snatching an orb) and raided their hideout before surfing over to Mossdeep. In this time my rookie Magnemite evolved into Magneton and became an instant powerhouse with Flash Cannon. Electro Ball did it no favours though until it eventually learned Discharge.

At Mossdeep's Gym I opted to use Sceptile and Mightyena against Tate & Liza's Solrock and Lunatone. Prior to the gym battle I hit upon a decent strategy against a duo of trainers outside Shoal Cave, where I used Lombre's Surf and my Mega Sceptile easily soaked up the damage with its resistance to Water, while the opponents received heavy damage. Sadly I didn't account for Solrock packing Sunny Day, therefore I was forced to rethink for the Gym battle and chose to exploit Mightyena's Crunch instead. After receiving my 7th badge, I followed the narrative involving Team Aqua awakening Kyogre at Seafloor Cavern, and pursued the Super-Ancient Pokemon to the Cave of Origin in Sootopolis City. It had found the source of energy from Primal Reversion that it thirsted for there, but unlike my scuffle with Primal Groudon in Omega Ruby, I captured it with ease after Magneton had paralysed it and I threw an Ultra Ball followed by a couple of Dive Balls.

Hoenn was restored to its prior peaceful state but with a number of exotic Pokemon now inhabiting the region. Professor Birch rewarded me with a National Dex following this revelation, and I did some backtracking to find various Mega Stones and caught some of these Pokemon. Before challenging Wallace for my 8th badge I chose to catch a number of Legendary Pokemon including Mesprit, Lugia and Suicune. At this point I restored Kirlia to the party in place of Golem and caught him up to the rest of my team by backtracking the sea routes and challenging trainers. I enjoyed my expedition to Sea Mauville in which time I caught Lugia with just my Lombre standing, and immediately after the battle (in the sunken chamber where Hoopa's ring is) I evolved Lombre with a Water Stone.

I have now reached Evergrande City having added a Spheal, now a Sealeo, to my team rotation and I need to decide which party of six will accompany me through Victory Road.

Team:
Sceptile
Mightyena
Kirlia
Crobat
Magneton
Sealeo

Reserves:
Dustox
Ludicolo
Golem

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Today:

- I fought against Wallace and I won pretty easily using just Breloom and Manectric's type advantages, then Wallace awarded me with the Rain badge and Waterfall Hm and I left.
- I surfed to the pokemon center and then I taught Waterfall to my Swampert. I flew to Littleroot town and got my Pokedex upgraded and once that was finished, I flew to Mauville city.
- I visited Wattson's apartment at the Mauville hills area and I visited New Mauville and shut off a switch inside. Next I soared on Latias and visited Mirage Islands and caught pokemon. :3

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In Omega Ruby, I did level grinding on Shieldon in both Victory Road and in a Secret Base. While grinding in Victory Road, my Synchronizer Kirlia evolved into Gardevoir while also, Linoone picked up a Max Elixir and I took it. When I further grinded Shieldon in a Secret Base, it evolved right at Lv 30 in there. And later on Bastiodon for my shiny Metagross and saved in the Ever Grande City Pokémon Center.

Kalosian

So long
I continued on the breeding and got started on my second target, which is Litwick. I hatched some Litwick eggs but did not get my target yet, though I did get one with really good IVs that I am now using as a parent over the Lampent I was originally using. Going to continue with the breeding either tomorrow or later this evening.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
This afternoon:

- I headed to Sootopolis city again and surfed through the sea toward Pacifidlog town. Once I had found the place, I exchanged pokemon and added Relicanth and Wailord to my team.
- I surfed west through the fast current area and defeated stranded trainers on the islands and then I dove and accessed the Sealed chamber underwater and I unlocked the 3 ruins.
- I resurfaced at Route 133 and surfed to Slateport city. I shopped at the market and set off to find Ever Grande city next. I used Waterfall once I had arrived and entered Victory Road. :3

Aquarelle

Staff member
Continued levelling up my Salamence yesterday. First, I returned to the Elite Four again and took down quite a few of their Pokemon with Mega Salamence, allowing it to gain a few levels. After that, I flew over to the Secret Shore, where I simply battled Secret Base trainers until Salamence reached level 100.

With that done, I then stored Salamence in the PC with most of my other level 100s. Then, I did a few daily things around Hoenn. Back in my own Secret Base, I got some very nice evolution stones from my pals. After that, I checked the lottery Lilycove and may have won something but I can't remember, then went soaring and found a hidden Pearl on a Mirage Spot.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I played Omega Ruby last night and I hatched Combee Eggs from breeding a Ditto with a male Combee. In a couple of Eggs, a female Combee eventually hatched and I gave her a Lucky Egg. And saved in the Battle Resort.

Today, I grinded that Combee in Victory Road to evolve her into Vespiquen. At level 21, she evolved and I saved in Victory Road.

Kalosian

So long
Did more breeding today. Within the first batch of eggs, I hatched my next target, a Modest Specially Flawless Litwick with Infiltrator. Moved on to my next target, which is Eevee. I am expecting this to be the one that takes the longest to get due to the low chances of getting Female Eevee. Started breeding at least and hatched one better Female parent along the way, continued using it for a while but didn't get my target or a better parent. Will continue tomorrow and see how it goes.

Blazing Charmander

I marched on through Victory Road and upon reaching the end I was challenged by Wally, who posed a stern test to me and my team. Despite joining my team only recently and being relatively low-leveled, Sealeo opened affairs by standing strong against his Altaria's Dragon Pulse and taking it out with two Aurora Beam attacks. The rest of the battle was a procession until Gallade entered the fray, but thankfully (Mega) Sceptile held out to deliver the final blow. If my starter had fainted, I am sure it would have been a whitewash.

Later on I took on the Elite 4 after choosing a team of 6 from my rotation, and I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I got through the first three trainers considering that I had done no dedicated grinding beforehand - the only true threat being Glacia's Walrein. Sceptile dismantled most of Sidney's team with Focus Blast, while Mightyena swept Phoebe's Ghost Pokemon and a joint effort from Magneton and Mightyena just about saw me past Glacia. Drake proved to be a bridge too far though, and has led to me training my team to more balanced levels.

Kirlia and Magneton will remain unevolved as I would rather only use original Hoenn Dex members (Kirlia, being a male will become a Gallade in the Delta Episode), and with a bit more training Sealeo will hopefully evolve in preparation for my next assault on the Elite 4.

Team:
Sceptile
Mightyena
Kirlia
Crobat
Magneton
Sealeo

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yesterday and today in Omega Ruby, I evolved an Aipom into Ambipom and Drifloon into Drifblim by Victory Road grinding. I hatched a Cherubi Egg yesterday and today, put a Buneary in my party and gave it a Soothe Bell. I went around random places to increase its Happiness and even gave it a massage. Saved in Verdanturf Town.

Kalosian

So long
Continued with the breeding today. I hatched several more Eevee, but for a rather long while, I didn't either my target or a better parent, or anything that felt close. But then, I finally got a better parent, a Female Eevee with the Ability/Nature I wanted and 4 perfect IVs in desired stats which was better than the one I was using which only had 3 perfect IVs. I used it as a new parent and after hatching a bunch more eggs, I finally obtained my target, a Modest Specially Flawless Eevee with Anticipation. This felt like it took forever to get, even if I actually started yesterday. I had to hatch around three full boxes of eggs before I got it. I think this has been my longest 6th gen breed so far. The little cutie was really stubborn to get, but I was more stubborn and I'm glad I got it in the end. Now I have 2 Pokemon left to breed for this team, I'm hoping none of them will take as long as the Eevee did. Statistically, none of them should take that long, so this should be going easy. I will start on the next one tomorrow/next week.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Last night in Omega Ruby, I continued raising Buneary's friendship and flew around in random locations, including Contest Halls. I even rode around an infinite loop in the Battle Resort to further raise its friendship. I levelled it up in Victory Road and evolved into Lopunny. And saved there.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Today on my game:

- I surfed across some water when I was inside of Victory road itself and I saw some trainers upon entering the next series of caves and I began fighting against those trainers now.
- I captured a wild Loudred as I continued navigating thru the cave and I pushed some rocks using Strength and I found the Psychic & Flamethrower Tms soon as well as I progressed.
- After defeating more trainers, I arrived in a new area with flowers and faced Wally next. I defeated his team quickly and he handed me a Dawn stone when I won and then I saved. :3

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Today in Omega Ruby, I evolved several more Pokémon. At first, I evolved Misdreavus into Mismagius using a Dusk Stone obtained via Super Training. With Riolu, I gave it friendship and so by walking around in random places, giving it a massage and levelling it up. Eventually it did evolve into Lucario. In some point, I obtained a PP Up as a Loto-ID prize. After that, I evolved Gible into Gabite fairly easily and evolving it into Garchomp took much more effort. There was much battling at Secret Bases, eventually with some levelling up in Victory Road and it eventually evolved into Garchomp. Afterwards, I saved.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I had some easy battles at the Battle Maison just to pass the time and to get a few more Battle Points. I put my (Mega) Salamence, Gengar, Scizor, and Blastoise in my party and entered the regular Rotation Battle challenge. The trainers I went up against were pretty easy and I swept them with just Mega Salamence in nearly every battle. The only time I had to use one of my other Pokemon was when Salamence fainted from hitting itself in confusion or something and I used Blastoise to finish the battle. Anyway, I cleared all 20 battles easily. After that, I purchased a few more items with some of my saved up BP, mostly extra Power items.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Last night in Omega Ruby, I did more competitive Swablu hunting and I didn't find any 3+IV Swablu unfortunately. Today, I did more Wonder Trading and obtained a fair amount of Pokémon. I at least added Chespin to the Pokédex. Saved afterwards.