• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Kalosian

So long
Haven't played much for the past week since I have simply not been able to. But for the past few days, I have continued with the things I am currently working on. To start with, I have finished planning the details for my Secret Base teams. Every little thing regarding them is now planned, so I can relax regarding that.

I have also gathered all the Pokemon I need for breeding the team members. Had to catch some here on these games while others needed to be sent over from other games. Either way, I now have all I need, so I am ready to get started on the breeding, which I will do tomorrow.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I've done a few things on my OR this week. Several days ago, I passed some time by entering my HM slave Bibarel in a Toughness Contest (something my sister really wanted me to do). So, I gave it a bunch of Pokeblocks, made a change to its moveset, then did the Contest. I had a mediocre to average performance in the talent round compared to the other contestants, but still won comfortably due to my lead from the first part of the competition.

After that, I started breeding for an Amaura. I hatched my first five eggs earlier in the week, but didn't have time to hatch any more than that. Today, I hatched a couple more batches, though I haven't checked their IVs yet. I've just had other things to do this week and have been watching the Olympics a lot, so I haven't been putting much time into my games.

Kalosian

So long
Since my last post, I have done a lot. First of all, I did the breeding for my Secret Base teams. Hatched the team members (three on each game), some of them took a while to get. Afterwards, I stored the breeding leftovers on Bank as always, got some more Poke Miles. This will be the final serious breeding I do for a while, and it among the last serious breeding I do on these games overall. So that feels a bit strange. Anyway, now that I had all the team members, I flew to Slateport to give them nicknames. Then I went back to the Battle Resort to teach them some TM and Move Tutor moves they needed which they could learn at this point.

With that done, I continued by EV-training them. I EV-trained all members of both teams without problems as usual. Used a combination of everything there is, Vitamins, Pokerus and Hordes as well as Super Training. After the EV-training was done, I gave the team members Lucky Eggs, turned the Exp. Share on and got started on the regular training. Regarding all of my past teams for the Battle Maison, I have never had to train any of them further than to level 50 in most of the cases, but this time, I need to train the teams all the way to level 100. Got started and so far, I have gotten everyone to level 35 or above. Decided to do the training a little differently compared to how I usually do and not use Blissey Bases directly, will wait with them and train the teams regularly at first, against wild Pokemon and regular trainers. Going to continue with the training tomorrow.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I hatched another batch of Amaura eggs and then checked the IVs of all the Amaura I hatched. Found one that had four of the five perfect IVs I wanted, so I swapped out the Amaura I had in the Day Care with it. I then got some more eggs and the first one I hatched had the perfect IV spread I wanted.

Next, I got my Amaura to win a Master Rank Contest as I usually do with my Pokemon. I picked the Beauty Contest and had no problem winning despite having a "meh" performance in the talent round. After the Contest was done, I played with Amaura on Pokemon Amie to raise its Affection level. Finally, I went to the Battle Resort, where I tutored a couple of moves onto Amaura and then completed its moveset with TMs.

Kalosian

So long
I have continued with the training, and all members of both of my teams have now gotten past level 60. I have started using Blissey Bases for the training now, so the rest of it should be done rather quickly, I expect it to be done in a few days. Then I can move on to the next and final part of this project.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i finally finished breeding out 2 spares of every breedable pkmn in my Korean playthru on OR and sorted out the pkmn to dex numbers in PK bank. im just waiting to come across an unown and cresselia mirage island.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Got around to EV training my Amaura yesterday. Once that was done, I returned to the bases on the Secret Shore and battled some trainers. Amaura was able to evolve into Aurorus pretty quickly. I continued training for a little while after it evolved, eventually getting Aurorus to level 52 IIRC. Didn't really want to go all the way to level 100 right then, so I'll finish training it next time.

After I finished training for the day, I did a few daily events. I went to Lilycove and entered the lottery again, where I won, uh, some item. Next, I returned to my own Secret Base and received some more evolution stones from my pals.

Kalosian

So long
For the past days, I have continued even further with the training. As of today, all members of both teams have gotten above level 90. This means I should be able to get them all to level 100 tomorrow without problems, then I'm almost done with this project. Just the final thing left to do afterwards.

In addition to that, I got yet another Master Ball from one of my Secret Pals on Alpha Sapphire today. This is the 4th one I obtain from them, which feels unexpected even if I almost should have expected to get at least one at some point. I haven't gotten a single one yet on Omega Ruby though, maybe in the future... though I don't really need them, so it doesn't matter that much.

Restarted AS for the third time.
All I really did was poked around the first three towns, all while battling trainers that I stumbled upon, while catching Pokemon to add to my team (but most aren't part of my final team, though)
I also traded some more expensive items I had (from OR that I've been stalking up on on Y (as in, that's where they originally came from first)) to get quite a bit of money early in the game.

Team so far (bolded = team members that are permanent

- Torchic (Lv. 7)
- Wingull (Lv. 6)
- Ralts Lv. 5)
- Zigzagoon (Lv. 5)
- Totodile (Lv. 5)
- Poochyena (Lv. 6)

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I got around to finishing training my Aurorus. I did some more Secret Base training to get it to the level 80s before heading to the Pokemon League. Defeating the Elite Four and Champion again got Aurorus to level 90. Once the credits were done, I just had to fight a couple more Blissey trainers in Secret Bases with O-Powers to get it to level 100.

After that, I went soaring in the sky. I landed on a Mirage Spot where I found a hidden Yellow Shard. Finally, I returned to my Secret Base and got some more stones and other items from my pals.

- Made my way to Route 104 after leaving Petalburg City. I caught a Taillow which I added to my team, switching out Wingull.
- From there, I battled the trainers that I could, picking berries and giving a child a Potion.
- I then made my way through Petalburg Woods, where I battled two trainers as well as a Team Aqua grunt.
- After exiting Petalburg woods I visited the flower shop after receiving the TM for Echoed Voice.
- I made my way through the North of Route 104 battling trainers on the way where I reached Rustboro City.

Kalosian

So long
I have done several things during the past few days. To begin with, I continued training my Secret Base teams until all members of them were at level 100. All of them were also fully evolved and had the moves I wanted them to know, so they were completely complete. With the training done, I could continue with the final parts of this project.

First up, I did the final changes for my Secret Bases. Redecorated them a bit, changed the messages and team names to some better ones than what I had and switched out my pals for the ones I wanted to have for my final base designs. Then I gave me team members their hold items and did a Game Sync to get the QR codes for my bases. I had also unlocked some more Medals. One on OR for having done 100 trades, and two on AS; for having had 50 battles in Secret Bases and for meeting a shiny. The last one was a bit strange as I thought I had gotten it earlier, but apparently not. Strangely, I don't have it on OR either, guess I'll have to get it there in the near future.

Anyway, I got my QR codes and scanned them. But I had to wait one more day before I could test my teams, and then I somehow did something wrong regarding one of them so I had to scan it in again and wait another day. Eventually, everything worked. I tested battling both of my teams and they worked about as well as I had intended them to.

With that, I am pretty much done with my own Secret Bases. I put the information for them in my signature if anyone is interested in challenging them. I know there once was a thread for QR Code sharing but it is dead since more than a year ago. I'll probably keep the link in my signature until Sun/Moon are released.

I just really have one final thing left regarding the bases. And that is to switch my secret pals for other ones which have the skills I want. I removed all the ones I had for my designed bases and started to look for ones I want for their skills. I could easily find five of the ones I want on Alpha Sapphire, but I only found two on Omega Ruby. Guess I lost most of the ones I previously had when I had to go online as that generated new bases. But I'll keep looking for new ones until I have all I need. I know some of the trainer classes I want are pretty common, so it should hopefully not take too long.

With the Secret Bases done, I can mark it as complete on my list of important things to do in OR/AS. Now I have three big things left to do in these games, and there is still three more months left until Sun/Moon are released... so I should be able to make it. Next on the list is Medals, which now unfortunately has a time limit since the current PGL will close down in October. To start with, I did another Game Sync to check how many Medals I had on each game, and if I had received any new ones since my last Game Sync two days ago. But I hadn't gotten any new ones on either game, which isn't too surprising.

Currently, I have 114 Medals on OR and 112 on AS. Which is quite a bit (as the maximum is 158, apparently), but there are many more to get. Though I'm excluding the ones related to Rating Battles and Online Competitions since I don't have enough time to dedicate myself to put the effort needed into getting them. I went through all the medals I already have for both games so I know which ones I have left to get. Tomorrow, I will start on obtaining new ones.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Started working on my next level 100 Pokemon. I decided to raise a Stantler next, as I had a Level Ball female in my PC that I brought up from HeartGold. So, I put that Stantler in the Day Care and began hatching eggs. Fortunately, I had an unusually quick time hatching a perfect Stantler in a Level Ball. I did have to use an Ability Capsule to change its Ability to the one I wanted, but that wasn't a big deal.

After that, I decided to use Wonder Trade to give away some of the leftover Sandile, Amaura, and Stantler I had. Didn't get anything that noteworthy in return, just the usual early game stuff. Once that was done, I flew to Slateport City to give my Stantler a nickname and then saved.

I mostly just did things in and around Rustboro City:

- I first went and planted some berries in the berry patches I could find, now that I have the Wailmer pail
- Looked around various places in Rustboro and spoke to everyone I could, including receiving the Cut HM
- Explored what I could of Route 106 to level my Pokemon up for the gym battle
- Challenged the Rustboro gym. I had to restart once, because Totodile wouldn't listen to me the first time (what with being level 11 and traded form a different game)
- Re-challenged the gym and won the second time.

Team so far:

- Totodile (Lv. 12)
- Torchic (Lv. 10)
- Taillow (Lv. 10)
- Poochyena (Lv. 11)
- Zigzagoon (Lv. 10)
- Ralts (Lv. 10)

Kalosian

So long
To start with, I downloaded the random Event Meowth to all four of my 6th Gen games today. Really strange and unexpected. It's not a legendary, but I'll take any Event Pokemon I can get even if it isn't something that I'm overly interested in. After getting it, I got started on obtaining medals here on OR/AS.

Omega Ruby: Started by generating new Secret Bases through SpotPass, then I looked for potential Secret Base pals, but didn't find any of the trainer classes I was after. Continued by going to the Battle Institute. I am going to try at least 10 Battle Tests to see how it goes and to try and get as many medals as possible that can be obtained at this place. I have decided to do 5 tests for Single and 5 for Double to start with. Started today with Single. Entered with a team of Dragonite, Gastrodon and Mega Scizor. Did two tests and it went pretty well but not perfectly, I got Elite Rank both times. Switched them for another team consisting of Blaziken, Serperior and Mega Metagross, tried once with these but still only got Elite Rank. Will continue tomorrow, probably going to try other teams and see if it goes any better.

Alpha Sapphire: Did some other things here since I don't want to do the exact same thing in both games at once. Flew to the Battle Resort and bought a Choice Scarf since I somehow didn't have any Choice items on this game. Then I went to Oldale Town, withdrew my Banette which is a part of one of my Contest teams and gave it the Scarf. Went into a battle and let it use Destiny Bond, which eventually ran out of PP and forced it to use Struggle. Deposited Banette and withdrew a Feebas. Entered a battle and let it use Splash 11 times.

Next up, I had decided to do a bit of fishing in order to get the medals for that. But I wasn't sure what I should fish for. Hoenn has a lot of water, but there aren't as many interesting Pokemon to fish for as there are in Unova and Kalos. That's what happens when you have too much water and not enough variation. An excellent problem with the originals that the remakes could have fixed, but they did nothing. Anyway, I decided to try and see if I could fish up a Corsola at Ever Grande City. Went there and fished up about 20 Pokemon, but not a single one of them was a Corsola. I only found Wailmer and Luvdisc. Caught a Wailmer since I will need it for something special later on. Will continue tomorrow with more fishing and maybe other things too.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Today, while I've already downloaded the Happy Hour Meowth for my Omega Ruby, I've decided to build up my Battle Maison Super Singles streak. On the 27th streak, which was the most memorable so far, I battled against a Furisode Girl with a team of Leafeon, Glaceon and Umbreon. Mega Kangaskhan took out most of Leafeon but was eventually KOed. My Sylveon cleared Leafeon with Hyper Voice after taking 50% HP worth of damage and did OHKO worth damage again Glaceon but it survived because of the Focus Sash and KOed my Sylveon with Blizzard after Sylvie had taken residual damage from hail. Later, Rotom-Wash proceeded to KO Glaceon and had a stall party with Umbreon, which eventually fainted, giving me the win.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Did a few things today. To start, I flew to Route 123 and received a few berries at the Berry Master's house. After that, I went to the nearby berry plots and planted some berries as I'd been using a lot of berries recently to make Pokeblocks.

Once that was done, I used some Pokeblocks on Stantler to max out a few of its Contest stats. Then, I taught it a few TMs and entered it into a Cleverness Contest in Lilycove. Winning that Contest was a breeze - I did very well in the first portion of the competition as usual and then managed to earn a lot of hearts during each turn of the talent round. Stantler got its Master Rank ribbon and I got some gifts from fans before leaving.

Next, I began Stantler's training. I EV trained it pretty quickly and finalized its moveset. After that, I played with it on Pokemon Amie before heading to the Secret Shore to do some Blissey base training until it reached level 72 or so. At that point, I decided to visit some of the new Secret Bases I got from going online. I battled the base owners and recruited some of them back to my own base to use their skills. Managed to obtain some useful items like stones, Heart Scales, and Elixirs.

Finally, I fought the Elite Four and some more Blissey until my Stantler reached level 100.

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: Started with generating new Secret Bases, and I managed to find 2 new trainers which were classes that I was after, so I got two new Secret Pals. Just one more left to find, hoping to get him/her soon. Afterwards, I continued with battle tests at the Battle Institute. I entered the Single test with a team of Garchomp, Mega Slowbro and Serperior, it worked very well. Garchomp beat every single opposing Pokemon all by itself, which surprised me. It only got close to losing once, which was against an Eelektross. The results from this test gave me a score over 6000 and the Master Rank which I am very happy about since it was my first time getting the Master Rank on this game.

Since the team worked so well, I decided to give it another try. This time, Garchomp made a clean sweep of the first four battles once again, but the fifth and final battle became a bit weird as my opponent was leading with a Skarmory, which Garchomp couldn't defeat. It was a rather odd situation, but I ended up winning the battle, Serperior swept my opponent's team in the end. I got the Master Rank once more, and an even higher score than last time. I didn't get anywhere near 6500 though, I wonder if it is even possible to get that high on Single? Maybe if you are extremely skilled. Either way, I have done 5 tests now so I am halfway done, going to continue tomorrow, starting on the Double tests then.

Alpha Sapphire: Continued fishing for Pokemon at Ever Grande City. I fished up around 20 Pokemon in total. Two of them were Corsola, the first and the last ones I met, interestingly enough. I ended up catching the first of them just for fun. I have considered going somewhere else to fish and see what I can find, but I have no idea where, so I'll probably stay here for now. I also did a Game Sync and I had unlocked 3 new Medals, which were the following: Never Give Up, Magikarp Award and Super Rod Fisherman. Just the ones I wanted. Will do more things tomorrow. There's a certain Medal I'm unsure about how I am supposed to get, will make a try and see if I can get it tomorrow.

Lucy Suzunia

Shiny Hunter
Today I was setting up my new team for online battles. It's my 4th one. I've got Virizion, Charizard, Glaceon, Tyranitar, Gyarados and Flygon. I'm not that profi but they got good IV's and EV's.
So I started my first battle in the battle spot and choosed Gyarados for the start with guessing he starts with Ho-Oh and I was right. Oh you don't know whats happened but it destroyed the whole team with two dragon dances. I was laughing so hard :,D
I feel bad for this guy. If someone wants to watch it: Q26G-WWWW-WW4N-K9AT

I'll go now for the shiny hunting again. This time I want an amaura because white is awesome~

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Played some Omega Ruby and challenged the Battle Maison. I built up my winning streak by about 4 and flew to Lilycove City afterwards. There, I received a PP Up from participating in the Loto-ID and flew back to the Battle Resort. Finally, I saved there.