• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

- I started by battling Wallace at the Sootopolis gym to get my final badge
- I then started to look around at routes 129 - 134 so I could just get them on the map if I needed to fly/soar to them in the future
- Then I looked around the region for waterfalls I couldn't climb before
- I then made my way to Ever Grande city and started to go through Victory Road, where I battled Wally once more before the Pokemon League.

Team so far:

- Latios (Lv. 45)
- Gallade (Lv. 45)
- Wailord (Lv. 44)
- Skarmory (Lv. 44)
- Armaldo (Lv. 45)
- Blaziken (Lv. 44)

Bolded are now the ones that are holding their Mega stones

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: Didn't get any of the Mirage Spots I wanted on this game today either, so I continued with the things I had planned to do. Started by checking if I had completed the three in-game trades on this game, which I was pretty sure I had done, and that was just the case. So that is done. Continued by catching the next legendary. Yesterday was Regirock, today it was time for Regice. Put the Pokemon I needed in my party, then I headed to the Island Cave on Route 105.

Solved the puzzle there, which was very easy as I didn't really have to do anything but wait. I entered the second chamber where I met Regice. Put my Sync in the lead spot and started the battle. I could swipe it down to 1 HP and put it to sleep with ease, then I caught it on the 10th Ball. However, it had the wrong Nature. It was literally the opposite of what I wanted, it was Adamant while I wanted it to be Modest. So I reset. Tried once more, it was a bit tougher to catch this time, it took more than 20 balls before I got it. This time, it had the right Nature. I kept it and flew to Mauville City. Went to Mauville Hills and showed Regice for a Fairy Tale Girl there, and... I got to buy a Casteliacone from her. Which was unexpected, I thought she would give it to me for free. Doesn't matter though. Will continue tomorrow with the third Regi.

Alpha Sapphire: I had originally not planned to catch any legendaries here today, but an unexpected event changed my plans. I got new Mirage Spots through SpotPass here too, and one of them turned out to be Crescent Isle! Which is really cool. But before going there, I checked if I had completed all the in-game trades here as well. Which I had. And since I had done it on both games, I could cross it off the list.

Now, to the legend of the day. I put the Pokemon I needed in my party and soared to Crescent Isle. Put my Sync in the lead spot and interacted with the Portal. This is new to me since I haven't done it before, hadn't expected it to happen this way. Cresselia dropped down and the battle started. I could easily swipe it down to 1 HP and put it to sleep. Then I caught it on the second ball, which is cool. It had the nature I wanted, so I kept it.

Afterwards, I did one more thing which was what I had originally planned to do on this game today. I went to Route 111 where I found Gabby and Ty. It has been quite a while since I last fought them. Battled them once here, then I continued to Route 118 where I battled them once more. Their Pokemon are at level 51 which is their final level. I might battle these two again in the future, not sure though. Will continue with other things tomorrow.

Recently I began soft-resetting for a competitively viable Darkrai, using the one available via the serial code. I spent hours trying to get a Timid natured one. Eventually my persistence paid off and I got it. It was perfect for me, with it's maximum IVs being in HP, Sp.Atk and Speed. After this, I EV trained it in Sp. Atk and Speed. Then I modified the move set so it would know Dark Void, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot and Sludge Bomb. Now I have a perfectly legit competitive Darkrai.

Now my attention turns to Victini. I'm not particularly interested in it though, as the current event can't learn V-Create. But I will still try, who knows, maybe in gen 7 both it and Bolt Strike will become tutor moves :p

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I arrived at Pacifidlog town after crossing the sea routes to the east and I did some fishing and visited huts upon arrival. I then surfed west through that stretch of currents. ^^
- I landed on isles as I was swept through the sea and I won against stranded trainers before reaching Slateport city again. I exchanged pokemon, then I used my Eon Flute and soared.
- I visited Mirage Island spots and I then went through the ocean again cuz I needed to reach Ever Grande city. When I had climbed the waterfall, I entered Victory Road's interior. :]

Aquarelle

Staff member
Haven't played much over the last few days, but I did do a few things yesterday. First, I returned to my Secret Base as I hadn't been using my pals' skills. I got a few more evolution stones from them.

Next, I used my Eon Flute and visited a Mirage Island. I found a Razor Fang on the island and then looked around in the tall grass just for fun. I encountered a few Xatu and Tangela, which I just ran from as they weren't too interesting.

After that, I ended up in Mauville. I walked around the city for a while until coming across the Inverse Battle place, which I had completely forgot about. I went inside and did an Inverse Battle because it'd been so long since I did one. My Octillery and Illumise won the battle for me with 3 OHKOs. I received some Sitrus Berries as a prize.

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: Today started with another change of plans. The reason was that I managed to get one of the Mirage Spots I was looking for. Not Crescent Isle, but the other one. The Mirage Spot in question is the Mirage Cave containing nothing but Unown. One of the things I had planned to do as a part of this project was to get a complete Unown collection. I have previously done it on LeafGreen, Platinum and HeartGold, now it was time for it here on Omega Ruby too.

I chose a box to keep all the Unown in, then I went back to the Mirage Cave and started catching the Unown. I eventually found and caught all 28 different letters/forms. It took a little while, but not super long, so that was great. The last one I needed was C, but I found it rather quickly in the end. Went back and reorganized them in the box so they were in alphabetical order. Now I don't have to think about that anymore. This is my fourth complete Unown collection in total, which feels great. I will probably try to get more of them in future games/generations if they are available, but I won't go back and do it on any other of the older games. Still need to find Crescent Isle on this game though, so I'll keep generating new Mirage Spots every day until I get it.

With that done, I could continue with what I had originally planned to do today. Which was to catch Registeel. Put the Pokemon I needed in my party, then I went to Route 120 and entered the Ancient Tomb. Solved the puzzle and entered the second chamber, where I met Registeel. Put my Sync in the lead and battled it. I had to try three times as it had the wrong Nature the first two times. But on the third, it was what I wanted. So I kept it and saved. Decided to quit there for the day, I did get quite a lot done in the end. Will continue tomorrow if I have time, not really sure what I should do then though. Will probably not catch any legendaries, so we'll see what I'll do instead.

Alpha Sapphire: Since I found the Unown Mirage Spot on Omega Ruby today, and I found Crescent Isle yesterday, I don't need to find any more Mirage Spots on this game, so I won't be looking for new ones. Instead, I continued with the next legendary. I expected it to be a bit difficult, but it turned out to be rather easy. I put the Pokemon I needed in my party, then I went to Sky Pillar. Climbed up to the top, where I met Deoxys again. I have to say that I really like how you have the opportunity to battle and catch a Pokemon that was previously event-only, hoping to see more of this in future games.

Put my Sync in the lead spot and started the battle. I got it down to 1 HP quickly, though it was a bit annoying when it used Recover to heal itself. I might try teach Heal Block to my Smeargle for future legendaries with recovery moves, not sure though since it worked without it this time. Anyway, I managed to catch Deoxys rather quickly. It had the Nature I wanted, so I kept it. Flew to Fallarbor where I changed its form through the Meteorite in Professor Cozmo's house. Deoxys forms were originally introduced in FR/LG, and Alpha Sapphire is blue, which LeafGreen is a remake of (more or less), so I decided to go with the Defense Form in this game since that was the one that existed in LeafGreen. Changed it to that, then I was done.

Continued with one more thing. Put the Pokemon I needed in my party, then I headed to the water routes west of Pacifidlog and surfed all the way to the correct diving spot. Went down to the Sealed Chamber and solved everything, did not decipher the Braille again since I already did that on Omega Ruby and it would be pointless to do it again since there are no differences in it between the games. The three doors opened, so I can now catch the Regis on this game too. Hoping to get started with the first one tomorrow if I have time for it.

- I was just leveling up my team for the Pokemon League the day before, thus nothing important to mention
- This play-through I was preparing my team for my Pokemon League challenge (which included temporarily getting rid of HM moves to make room for some better moves should I have needed them)
- After all that went and actually challenged the League. Drake was the only one to put up a decent fight. Steven himself gave me a little less trouble, despite me being a bit under-leveled at times
- I'm just now doing the Delta Episode. I'm almost at the end, I'm just leveling up my team before I do the last bit in Sky Pillar

Team so far:

- Latios (Lv. 57)
- Gallade (Lv. 56)
- Wailord (Lv. 56)
- Skarmory (Lv. 57)
- Armaldo (Lv. 57)
- Blaziken (Lv. 57)

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i got rather lucky today, i finally got the unown mirage island today and caught a bunch of unown pokemon. i even got a shiny C unown with out any shiny charm or pokenav functions. i was 8 pkmn short of a complete unown collection for a long time and its now complete.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I did another Inverse Battle in Mauville. I used my Octillery, Talonflame, and Swampert in this battle and was able to win using four super effective attacks (thanks to the opposing Carvanha holding a Focus Sash). That allowed me to get three Kasib Berries as a prize this time.

After that, I used Wonder Trade as I wanted to give away a few of my remaining Remoraid. The best thing that I received was a Vivillon with a nice pattern. It turned out to be the Marine Pattern, which I don't think I had seen ingame before. I really like the colour scheme of that pattern, so I'll definitely be keeping that Vivillon.

- Finished the last bit of the Delta Episode where I have my first Encounter with Rayquaza and then with Deoxys in space
- After completing it, I received the ferry ticket to go to the Battle Resort, where I battled few trainers here while looking around the rest of the island.
- Then I returned to the main land and rode the S. S. Tidal once more to battle the few trainers on it.

I won't bother putting my team anymore from this point on since all that will change are their levels.
If I train up a new team on this game, I'll put them down.

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: Yesterday, the circumstances created another change of plans. I managed to obtain Crescent Isle through a SpotPass Mirage Spot, so I put the Pokemon I needed in my party and went to catch Cresselia. I caught it easily. It had the right Nature on the first try, so I kept it and saved. And that was what I had time for yesterday.

Today, I started by planting a lot of berries at the Berry Fields on Route 123. Then I went to catch one more legendary. Though I had to do a bit of preparations first. I taught Dragon Dance and Heal Block over Swords Dance and recover to my Smeargle, which was easy to do but took a little bit of time. Then I went to Sky Pillar in order to catch Deoxys. The first two times went very easy, but it also had the wrong Nature, so I reset. It was a little harder on the third try, but this time, it had the right Nature. I kept it and saved. Even better, it had perfect IVs in the three stats it will actually be using, which is amazing! Went to Fallarbor and changed Deoxys to its Attack Form. Which first existed in FireRed, and since Omega Ruby is red in color, this felt suiting. Will do more tomorrow.

Alpha Sapphire: Yesterday, I went to the Desert Ruins in order to catch Regirock. Solved the puzzle, did not decipher the Braille once more since I had already done it in OR. Regirock had the wrong Nature on the first try, so I reset and on the second try, it had the right Nature. I kept it and saved.

Today, I started by planting a lot of berries here as well. Then I went to the Island Cave to catch Regice. I "solved" the puzzle with ease, then I got very lucky in the battle as I managed to catch it in a Quick Ball on the first turn, when it was still at full HP. This has happened to me several times in the past, but I was honestly not expecting it to happen again. It had the right Nature, so that's good. With it in my party, I went to Mauville Hills and bought a Casteliacone from the ice-cream loving Fairy Tale Girl. Stopped there for the day, going to continue with the next Regi tomorrow.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I kept passing through Victory Road's cave and spent some time defeating wild pokemon and trainers while having to move big rocks as well with Strength. I then saw Wally next. :]
- When Wally challenged me, I kind of swept his team with Latias and then I got the Dawn Stone from Wally and finished navigating through the cave. I visited the league building now.
- I did my usual shopping and then I quickly went to challenge Sidney cuz my team was strong already ha ha. I defeated Sidney's dark types and moved ahead to Phoebe's room.

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: Harvested some of my berries as they had finished growing. The rest will be done tomorrow. Then I continued with the next legendary, which was Groudon. It is the mascot of this game, and since Omega is the end, I decided that it should be the last Hoenn legendary that I catch on this game. Withdrew a Sync with the Nature I wanted Groudon to have and flew to Sootopolis. Went to Cave of Origin and made my way down to the bottom. Met Groudon again. Started the battle and caught it with relative ease, though it managed to cause some heavy damage to my Smeargle. However, it had the wrong Nature, so I reset.

Then I had to do the same thing twice more as it still didn't have the correct Nature. It also managed to faint my Smeargle twice, making the battles take a little longer than expected. In addition to that, I had to watch the cutscene before the battle every time, which took even longer. With this, I am pretty sure I would never have had the patience to soft-reset for good IVs when it comes to Groudon and Kyogre, so I'm happy I'm not doing that. Anyway, on the 4th try, Groudon finally had the Nature I wanted, so I kept it and saved.

Finally, I did what I had originally planned to do on Monday, before Cresselia appeared and changed my plans. I withdrew my Gliscor and Greninja from the PC, then I went to rebattle Gabby and Ty twice. First on Route 111, then on Route 118. I won both times and they were at their max level, which is 51. So that is another thing I am done with on both games, which means I can cross it off the list. I might battle them more in the future, or I may not, we'll see.

Alpha Sapphire: Some berries were done here as well, so I harvested them, will take the rest tomorrow. My legend of the day here was Registeel, so I went to the Ancient Tomb with everything I needed. There, I stood in the center and aimed to the sky with hope and love and time, which opened the second chamber. Inside, I met Registeel. Battled it and managed to catch it relatively easily, it took a little more than 10 balls in total. It had the right Nature, so I kept it and saved.

Now I have caught all of the Hoenn legendaries on both games. Next up are the legends from Johto, Sinnoh and Unova. Except Cresselia since I have already caught it on both games. Going to continue with more legends tomorrow, as well as plant more berries and do other things.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I finished defeating Phoebe and walked to Glacia's area and I used my Gallade against her ice types, then I found Drake's room and faced off against his dragons, which was tougher.
- I struggled against Drake but won in the end and used Super Potions on my team, then I went to Steven's place and we battled. I had an easy time challenging him and basically swept.
- When I had won, Birch and Brendan congratulated me and I got registered in the Hall of Fame. During the post-game credits I had to defeat Brendan and then we went to Littleroot.

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: All of my remaining berries had finished growing today, so I harvested them and planted new ones. The new ones I planted were Enigma and Micle berries as well as the EV-reducing berries. All of them will be done in two days.

Then I decided to re-teach Swords Dance to my Smeargle. I am pretty sure I won't need Dragon Dance anymore as I don't think any legendaries other than Deoxys will be able to outrun it. I may also re-teach Recover to it over Heal Block later on, but I'm waiting with it for now.

Next up, I could continue with catching legendaries. The next region I am going to do on this game will be Johto. There are only four legendaries from Johto to be found, so it won't take too long. And due to the requirement for meeting the beast trio, I had to start with the big one. Put the Pokemon I needed in my party, the right Sync in the lead and headed to Sea Mauville. Went to the top and saw another mysterious portal. Interacted with it and Ho-Oh appeared. I battled it and got to hear its awesome battle music again, which is one of the few good things to come out of HG/SS and it hearing it again made me happy.

Battled Ho-Oh and managed to catch it. It wasn't super difficult, but not the easiest either. It had the right Nature, so I kept it and saved. It was also holding a Sacred Ash, which I guess I should have expected but somehow didn't. It was a nice bonus either way.

Left Sea Mauville and did some other things. I needed money since I didn't have much left, so I tried to get some more. Rebattled the Lady and the Rich Boy on Route 104, using an Amulet Coin and Prize Money O-Power to raise the money I would get from them. I got a little bit which was pretty good, might do this again in the future when I need more. I went to a Poke Mart and bought some more balls since I know I will need them for more legendaries rather soon.

Did one more thing before stopping for the day. I went to Mauville and withdrew some Pokemon that are good for battling. Then I went to the Inverse Battle Shop which I hadn't visited in a long while. I wanted to try an Inverse Battle again. Did so, and won very easy. I had heard that they had nerfed it pretty hard compared to X/Y, and sadly, it turned out to be true. The opposing Pokemon felt terribly weak. I might give it another try in the future, not sure.

Alpha Sapphire: Harvested my berries and planted more here as well. Planted Enigma, Micle and a few others which I needed more of. They will be done within two days here too.

Then I continued with the legendaries here as well. I have decided to continue with the Sinnoh legendaries here since I don't want to catch the same legendaries in both games. Decided to start with the final Regi. I completed the weird requirements... which involved giving my Regice a nickname which it might as well get to keep forever just for the sake of it. Also gave it a cold item, a Casteliacone, to hold. Then I taught Charm to my Smeargle over Swords Dance just for this battle, but will likely change it back soon.

Put the Pokemon I needed in my party... which ended up consisting of a Sync, my Smeargle, my Hydreigon (for Surf and Fly) as well as the Regis. Which means I wouldn't have any space for the legend after I had caught it. Anyway, I headed back to the Island Cave and entered with my Sync in the lead spot. I saved at one point but was unsure about how the battle would be triggered so I accidentally rushed in and didn't use the Capture O-Power before the battle started. Even so, the battle went very easy, it only took 3-4 balls to catch Regigigas.

Flew to a Pokemon Center to check its Nature in the PC, and it was the one I wanted, so I saved. Did one more thing afterwards. Flew to Mauville and went to the Food Court since I haven't tried the meals there many times before. Decided to start with the Village Sub Combo today. It was extremely easy (like I had expected), I won in 5 rounds and got a Nugget as a reward, which I sold.

Aquarelle

Staff member
After not playing OR last week, I got back to it today by finally starting to breed for another Pokemon. I decided to breed for a Tentacool as Tentacruel's always been a Pokemon I haven't used as much as I've wanted to. So, I dumped my Tentacool transferred from HeartGold in the Day Care and hatched a Tentacool with the Nature I wanted. I then began breeding for IVs and have hatched Tentacool with all but one of the perfect IVs I'm aiming for. I wanted to keep breeding today until I hatched the perfect Tentacool, but I had other things to do. I'll continue hatching eggs next time.

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: I have done quite a lot of things here. To start with, I planted a bunch of new berries in addition to the ones I already had planted. All of them eventually finished growing, and I harvested them. Now I have over 20 of every type of berry I have on this game, and over 100 of the EV-reducing berries since I have found it to be better to have too many than to few of them.

I have also continued with catching legendaries. I put Ho-Oh in my party and soared, which unlocked the Trackless Forest. Inside this small little forest, I saw another strange portal. I interacted with it at three different times of the hour, which led me into meeting Raikou, Entei and Suicune. I caught all of them, they had their desired Nature eventually, so I kept them. It is somewhat weird that these games use the original chiptune music from Crystal as opposed to a new version of the track, or the updated versions from HG/SS. Still, the melody is great, so I don't really mind.

With these three beasts caught, I had caught all the Johto legendaries on this game. Which isn't many, just 4 in total. I had decided that the next region here would be Unova. Started slightly so far, I put some Pokemon I needed in my party, including a Castform, and soared near Fortree. I saw a strange dark cloud and went to it, met Tornadus. Caught it easily and it had the right Nature, so I kept it.

I have done a few other things too. I put together a team and had a rematch with Wally at the Battle Maison. I won, used my Mega Metagross against his Mega Gallade for the coolness. But I have not battled him for the last time.

Also tried surfing on some different Pokemon. I withdrew the Wailmer I caught a while ago, taught it Surf and Dive. Tried surfing and diving, it didn't feel different than usual but the unique sprite was neat even if I had seen it before. Then I did the same thing with the Sharpedo I caught a while ago. I knew it would have faster surfing speed than any other Pokemon, but I didn't think it would be this fast! I was blown away. The speed underwater was noticeably faster too. I find this unexpectedly positive.

Finally, I have also tried the first two menus at the Mauville Food Court on this game. First, I tried the Village Sub Combo and won all five battles in one round each without any problems, I got a Nugget which I sold. Then I tried the Magnemite Croquette as well and my experience from Alpha Sapphire helped me here as I managed to defeat the two Shedinja on the last round. I beat everything in one turn here as well, got a lot of money and a Pearl String, which I sold.

Alpha Sapphire: Like on Omega Ruby, all of my berries were done, so I harvested them. I now have over 20 of each berry and over 100 of the EV-reducing berries here as well, so I can cross it off the list. I don't think I'll plant any more berries in the future unless I really need to, because I can't see any point in doing it.

I have caught some legendaries here as well. Put the right Pokemon in my party, including three with maxed Friendship, then I soared to the Nameless Cavern. Found another portal there. Then, at various times on various days, I met Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf. I successfully caught all three of them with the Natures I wanted them to have. Also made my way down to the bottom of the Scorched Slab where I found another portal. Interacted with it and met Heatran. Caught it very easily, on the first ball.

Apart from that, I have re-taught Swords Dance to my Smeargle. I didn't really need Charm to begin with and I don't think I will need it for anything else in the future either.

I have also tried the two remaining menus at the Mauville Food Court. The Magnemite Croquett went easy until the last trainer. She had two Shedinja which I couldn't beat in one round as only one of my Pokemon knew a move that could hit them, and it wasn't a move that could hit both of them at the same time. It did give me some good information for when I did this on Omega Ruby afterwards, though. The Mauville Ramen Bowl also went pretty well to start with, though some battles were a bit scary. First the battle against the Triple Intimidate trainer since I did the stupid mistake of bringing three Physical Attackers with me, and the Prankster Stun Spore Whimsicott battle was rather terrifying too. I won both of them, though I lost against the Ditto trainer. I made the stupid mistake of brining two Pokemon with Fake Out with me, which these Imposters used to stop me in my tracks. So I only managed to beat the first 7 trainers and didn't get to face the 8th. Might go back in the future and try again, not sure though. Either way, I got a lot of money and some Big Nuggets which I sold to get even more.

Finally, I have done two more things. I battled the Inverse Battler here as well, but he was laughably weak as expected. I doubt I'll battle him again on either game. I also put together a team of some kind and battled Wally. Used my Mega Salamence to defeat his Mega Gallade, which was cool to see. But I'll be back to battle him at least once more in the future. Either way, now I have done those two battles on both games, so I'm crossing them on the list.

Next up on both games, I'll continue with catching legendaries until I have them all. Will also do other things besides that.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Continued breeding for a Tentacool today. I filled my party with another batch of eggs and quickly hatched them all. The second Tentacool I hatched had the perfect IV spread I was going for, so I went with that one. It didn't have the Ability I wanted, though, so I had to buy another Ability Capsule at the Battle Maison to change to the other Ability.

After that, I decided to EV train my Tentacool. Once I did that, I flew to Slateport City to get an Effort Ribbon and to give Tentacool a nickname. Next time, I will enter Tentacool in a Contest and then work on levelling it up.

I started up OR after a long long hiatus from the game and realized I've practically got nothing in my dex except event Legendaries. I've transfered duplicate pokés I had in my Pokébank to the game and started hatching my way to about 300 pokes. Still a long way to go (missing most of the Kanto pokes) but on the plus side, I found out I have a mew!!! It was a really pleasant surprise. My parents are still looking to get me tested...

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: My legend of the day here was a big one. I took to the sky and soared, didn't need anything special in my party. Or technically I did. A level 100 Pokemon, but my capture-Smeargle is at level 100 so that was it. I found the Fabled Cave and landed there. The design of this places surprised me in a very positive way, it looked very neat and relaxing which I hadn't expected. I really like how every single Mirage Spot is designed to be completely unique, there were definitely some effort put into making all of them look different compared to each other. Anyway, I entered the cave and saw another portal. Had my Sync in the lead spot, and interacted with it. Reshiram appeared. I battled it and managed to catch it. Not the easiest but it worked in the end. It had the right nature, so I kept it and saved.

Continued by going to Mauville. I put together a team I hoped would work, then I tried the final menu at the Mauville Food Court, which was the Mauville Ramen Bowl. I hoped my preparations and experience from when I tried this on AS would work... and it did, to an extent. I beat the first 6 trainers without problems, none of them posed any problem. Then on the 7th trainer, the Ditto user, I realized I had made another mistake. Two of my Pokemon knew Protect, which one of the Imposters used to ruin my strategy. I find it odd that only one of them used it, but that didn't matter much. I won the first 7 battles, but I didn't get to the 8th battle here either. Though I did get quite a lot of money and two Big Nuggets for completing the battles in exactly 8 turns, I sold them for even more money. I am now done with the Mauville Food Court in both games so I'm crossing it off the list. Might come back and try again in the future, not sure though.

Alpha Sapphire: The legend of the day here was another big one. But not the same one as in OR (since that's not even possible) or from the same generation. In order to get it, I needed some special Pokemon in my party. It ended up consisting of a Sync, my Smeargle and the Lake Trio. I missed out on a flier but didn't really need it as I would be soaring either way. I started soaring from Dewford Town and went south a little bit. There, I saw a strange rift in the air. Interacted with it, and Dialga appeared. It was easy to catch, I caught on the first ball. It was almost as if I was playing Diamond or Platinum again, even if they have increased the catch rate for it since those games.

But it had the wrong Nature! So I tried again, and caught it on the first ball once more. Have they really increased the catch rate? It sure didn't feel like it, but I guess I just got lucky and Dive Ball might still be my lucky ball after all. This time, Dialga had the Nature I wanted, so I kept it. With it, I have caught most Sinnoh legendaries on this game. I have one more left but I'm going to wait with it until the last part of this project. Going to move on to another region for now, starting tomorrow.

Did one more thing afterwards. Withdrew a Wailmer and taught it Surf and Dive, tried traveling across and under the water with it. It is cool but I have seen it before, so it wasn't really anything special. Then I tried the same thing with Sharpedo. Like last time, I am really impressed by the speed. I noticed now though, that it makes it almost impossible to sneak up on hidden Pokemon. And you can't fish from it either. You win some, you lose some, it seems. Finally, I withdrew my Kyogre and taught it Surf and Dive as well. It looked really cool to surf and travel underwater on its back. That said, the underwater hitbox was a bit annoying as I couldn't even talk to trainers while riding on Kyogre. I have seen others being annoyed by that, and I can definitely understand why. But it looked amazing to travel on the back of a legendary Pokemon. Either way, I have now tried surfing and diving with the special Pokemon on both games, so I'm crossing it off the list too.