• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Kalosian

So long
Done some more things here. To start with, I trained my teams a bit further. Battled the Battle Resort trainers and against them, I Mega Evolved the team members that can do that once more. Also battled a bunch of regular trainers. I eventually got everything to level 80, which meant it was time for the first challenge for the teams. The challenge is the one I always do for my post-game teams: defeat the Elite Four and the Champion.

I flew to the entrance to the Pokemon League at Ever Grande, gave the team members who could Mega Evolve their Mega Stones, and started the challenge. Not going to describe everything in detail, I'll just say that I completed it and almost everything went the way I wanted it to. I used every Pokemon at least once, and I Mega Evolved the Megas in one battle each. Afterwards, I watched the credits for the last time. And since it was the last time, I want to say one final time that I really like the way they have used the graphics here, during the E4 challenge and the credits. I hope they will do that for future games as well.

After watching the credits, I arrived back in Littleroot Town and saved there. Now I'm almost done with this, not much left. Just need to do the second challenge and a bit more training for the teams, then I'm done.

Omega Ruby Team:
260.png
Sky Ocean - level 82
373.png
Asarakam - level 82
310.png
Synthesia - level 82
295.png
Discordance - level 82
475.png
Serenity - level 82
547.png
Cloud Lining - level 83

Alpha Sapphire Team:
Blazekicken%20fixed_zpsgrs16pqx.png
Firestorm - level 83
376.png
Mastery Core - level 82
630.png
Andrea - level 82
115.png
Canberra - level 83
685.png
Pixelcake - level 83
181.png
Draconance - level 82

AmethystLeslie

Recently I began shiny hunting for Rufflet. I think I'm at 30 eggs atm. Why Rufflet? Election Day. Bred a 6IV one, so that'll be the one giving the high-IV eggs, and hopefully the shiny hatches 6IV, if not 5 IV missing SpAtk. It's also Adamant. So, this should be fun.

... she says while taking a break and raising up pokemon for the next WTW. I got 5 Charmander, Abra, Tentacool, and Swablu, and my rule is that I never trade back out more than 5 of the same species in a single WTW session unless they are my own Pokemon. i usually trade those back out, but I'm raising them up to evolve, so they'll go back out as Pokemon you don't normally see on Wonder Trade. That poor Kadabra that only knows Teleport tho. Guess I COULD teach them TMs, but eh...

Also, my Flame Body pokemon, the event Moltres, reached level 100 today. Hooray!

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I started by fighting a couple more Secret Base trainers. That allowed my Poliwhirl to grow to level 61 or so.

After that, I got around to evolving Poliwhirl. I connected to my Y on my other 3DS and tried to trade, but got an "lol no" message because my Poliwhirl had Surf. ~_~ So, I had to go over to a Pokemon Center, dump Poliwhirl in the PC, and then try again. I got it to evolve into Politoed on Y and then traded it back to OR.

Next, I trained Politoed for a little while. I continued Secret Base training until it reached the high 70s, then went to Mauville and rematched some trainers on the neighbouring routes until it grew to level 80.

Vroomer

Nice.

I have been shiny horde hunting in Gen 6. Really made a good dent in my shiny collection. When the event Pokemon are done for gen 6, I will shiny hunt the legendary ones on my AS, except Cresselia- got one of those shiny after months and months.

Currently in the friend safari. Trying for shiny Ninetales, shiny Ponyta, or shiny Larvasta.

Kalosian

So long
Today, I started with doing the second challenge for the teams. Which wasn't much of a challenge as it was very easy. It consisted of rebattling Wally one more (probably also final) time. I battled Wally and let one member of each team Mega Evolve against him and his Mega Gallade. Won with ease, and to my own surprise, he gave me an Ability Capsule after I beat him on Omega Ruby. What are the odds of that? One percent, according to what I could find, so that's really cool.

Afterwards, I continued with the final part of the training. Mega Evolved the remaining team members that could Mega Evolve one last time against some random trainers. Then I battled trainers until all members of both teams were at level 85. With that, the training is complete, and I'm done with my post-game teams on these games.

The final result:

Omega Ruby Team:
260-m.png
Sky Ocean - level 85
373-m.png
Asarakam - level 85
310-m.png
Synthesia - level 85
295.png
Discordance - level 85
475-m.png
Serenity - level 85
547.png
Cloud Lining - level 85

Alpha Sapphire Team:
257-m.png
Firestorm - level 85
376-m.png
Mastery Core - level 85
630.png
Andrea - level 85
115-m.png
Canberra - level 85
685.png
Pixelcake - level 85
181-m.png
Draconance - level 85

This was the last thing from the list of 8 important things I had planned to do on OR/AS, so I'm pretty much done with the games now. I have done all the important things I wanted to do on these games. But I'm not going to stop playing them just yet. I still have a few minor things left that I want to get done before S/M hits the world for real, and then I have an unfinished thing on Alpha Sapphire that I'm going to do alongside Gen 7 for a while, but that's for later. For now, I'm going to focus on the minor things. Though I won't have much time for them as I won't have any time to play tomorrow, and then I'm going to play X/Y next week as a part of my current project. But the things I'm going to do are very minor so I should be able to get them done even if I don't have much time.

Snivy18

I kept on Super Training in order to get some evolutionary stones. I got to fill up part of my Kanto Dex, which included Victreebel, Cloyster, and Flareon. I also began to evolve some of my Pokemon that still have to in my PC at the Battle Resort. So far, I have my Pokedex ~66% complete! :D

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I finished training my Politoed. The first thing I did was return to the Pokemon League for some training against the Elite Four. I had a great time using Politoed in the E4 battles - Drizzle really came in handy, especially for getting rid of Hail in the battle against Glacia.

After that, I flew back to the Secret Shore. There, I did a couple more Secret Base battles until Politoed reached level 100.

Once Politoed's training was complete, I did a few small things on my game...though I can't remember what they were. XD

Kalosian

So long
With my post-game teams done, I just have some minor things left on these games before I am more or less completely done with them. To start with, I checked my PC boxes to see if I had any fodder to store on Bank, but I had not, guess I should have known that. Looked through my bags and sold a couple of useless items. Then I used up all remaining training bags I had in Super Training (except useful ones like Reset and Soothing bags) because that's one thing I wanted to get done both here and in X/Y before Sun/Moon.

After that, I continued with the other, bigger thing, which I also want to be done with before Sun/Moon. I am going to play with various Pokemon in Pokemon-Amie until I don't have any Poke Puffs left. So I started on that. First off, I played with my post-game teams since they were hungry again, and I wanted to see how they reacted now compared to when most of them weren't fully evolved. Then I withdrew some random Pokemon and did the same with them because I wanted to see how they looked like in Amie. I still have a ton of Poke Puffs left but I got rid of quite many of them. And I learned that if I ever need a cuteness overdose, I can just play with a Skitty in Pokemon-Amie. I will continue with this during the week after next, in the last two days before Sun/Moon are out everywhere. I think I will be able to get it done in that time, but I have learned to not overestimate the amount of time things take... so I need to use my time wisely. Next week, I'm not going to play OR/AS as I will be playing X/Y a little instead.

Aquarelle

Staff member
When I went to my EB Games yesterday to get my Sun & Moon games, I also picked up a Genesect code. Today, I redeemed the code on my Omega Ruby and picked up the Genesect at the Pokemon Center. I probably won't do anything with it, but it's always nice to have extra event Pokemon around for collection purposes.

After that, I used Wonder Trade and traded away some Poliwag. The most interesting thing I got in return was a Drought Vulpix that appeared to be a breeding reject. Next time I play OR (which might not be for a while due to Sun/Moon), I'll check the Vulpix's IVs to see if it would be useful for breeding, since I've been meaning to raise a Drought Ninetales on this game for a while.

Kalosian

So long
For the past two days, I have done the final things on OR/AS before moving on to S/M. Or final and final, it isn't exactly going to be the very last things but whatever. To start with, I withdrew various Pokemon and played with them in Pokemon-Amie until I didn't have any Poke Puffs left. Shaymin was super adorable. Now I'm done with that here too.

With that, I had done the last thing. On Omega Ruby, at least. Still got one thing left on Alpha Sapphire. Which is to continue on my unfinished streaks in the Battle Maison. I had previously won 200 battles in a row on both Super Single and Super Double, now I'm going to continue from there and see how far I can go. I plan to do this alongside Gen 7 for a while forward, not sure how it will go though. If the past is anything to go by, Gen 7 will probably be so fun that I won't give Gen 6 much thought alongside it. That's what happened when I tried to do this on Gen 5 alongside Gen 6. But I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Started today, with Super Single. Entered with the team I used previously and won 10 more battles. Hoping to continue during the near future, but I'll probably not play much, just 10-20 battles a day. Or maybe not even that. Next time I post will be either when I have lost or when I have reached the first milestone, we'll see when either happens.

So yeah. Goodbye Hoenn, so long OR/AS. They turned out to be pretty good games in the end, but not quite everything they could have been or the best games ever. I'm glad I got to play them, but I would have preferred a Kalos follow-up instead. Or an Emerald remake. Anyway, thanks for the memories. Tomorrow, we're going to start creating new ones.

AmethystLeslie

Yesterday and today, I was building a high-level Pickup team to be used in Moon. I was thinking about building one for a while, and wanted to use Pokemon that can have Pickup in their final stage, or pokes that don't evolve and have Pickup.

In the entire dex, I have Linoone, Diggersby, Ambipom, Gourgeist, Dedenne and Pachirisu, that fit these criteria, and only them. Not even the Alolan Pokemon have this luxury.

The first 2 I had to WT for, and luckily, after WTing 7 pokemon I got a Zigzagoon and Bunnelby with Pickup. Ambipom I had to catch one for, and by that, I mean catch 2 with Run Away with thier egg moves, Revenge and Bounce, and breed the 2 until I get one with Pickup. Now that I think about it, I have Ability Capsules I can use. Then again, breeding is fun for me.

Dedenne I had to breed for one as well. I got one from WT earlier this week and it had Cheek Pouch, 5 IVs and egg moves. After breeding a few and checking the IVs, I discovered that the trader lied to me. The Dedenne instead had 2IVs (Atk and Def) with 0 in HP. I was able to breed a 3 IV one (HP, Atk, and Def) that was Timid with its egg moves... and Pickup. That was the important thing.

I got a Pumpkaboo from the Bank, from one of my first breeding projects. I remember being proud of them at the time because Phantom Force and Shadow Ball were in its moveset. I kept only the Pickup ones in case I needed them, and that day finally came. Then I had to evolve it.

I traded it over to my X game to evolve, which had a Nuzlocke that I completed earlier this year. I caught a Pachirisu there (Not today, Articuno, I don't care that I encountered you 3 times on Route 12) and traded both the Pachirisu and now-Gourgeist to Alpha Sapphire. Gonna have to figure out what I wanna do with that file now...

Anyway, everyone later became all leveled up and evolved, and now the levels range from 43 to 52. I would preferably have everyone on the same level. Since the Pickup table in Gen 7 is different than past games, where you have access to the full table, it's just that the rarer items becomes more common in higher levels, maybe it's not something I should lose sleep over.

Maybe.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I played Omega Ruby for a little while. I realized there was a Meloetta event going on, so I downloaded it and picked it up from the Pokemon Center. After that, I did some more breeding at the Battle Resort. I want to hatch a few perfect IV Pokemon to send to my Sun/Moon games in the future to make breeding, battling, etc. easier for me, so today I started by breeding my Gengar and Garchomp with a Ditto. Those Pokemon had perfect IV spreads already, so it didn't take me too long to hatch a perfect Gastly and Gible.

Next time, I'll breed a few more of my level 100s, or maybe the Drought Vulpix I got on Wonder Trade last month. Once I've hatched some more Pokemon, I might EV train and level them up so they'll be battle ready when sent to Gen VII next year.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I had to begin Delta Episode now and my dad handed me tickets to watch the upcoming meteor show when I left my room. I talked with Lorekeeper Zinnia when I stepped out.
- I visited Brendan only to learn about his recent attack by a stranger who stole his keystone. When I investigated in Petalburg city, I saw Matt from Team Aqua at Wally's house. ^^;
- I fended off Matt and when Wally was safe, I did some Dex filling by surfing up and down Route 105 and catching water types. I went to Rustboro city next when I had finished that.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Started Omega Ruby Three weeks ago, more or less.

After complete my main team (now a swampert, a gallade, chesnaught [shiny, from wonder trade], crobat, linoone [HM slave] and zangoose), my primary focus was to complete the national dex as soon as possible. Now, I'm missing just the legendaries.

Today, I finally ended the badge quest, but just after spend two freaking hours trying to put groundon in a luxury ball. It was a pain, but got it. Now, I'm tooking some time leveling up my guys to level 80 at least before the league.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I saw Steven Stone at Rustboro's Devon Corporation office building and we spoke with his dad who informed me about Hoenn's impending doom via an asteroid. I then headed out.
- My next task was to locate a meteor shard inside of Granite Cave, but first I visited Sea Mauville and explored some rooms now that I could use Dive. I picked up some items inside.
- I left Sea Mauville and went to Dewford and visited Granite Cave and saw Zinnia, aka the girl who robbed Brendan hee hee. I had to challenge her and my Latias swept Zinnia's team.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Hatched some more eggs yesterday/today. First, I bred my Chansey and hatched another perfect one on my fourth egg. Then, I put my Dragonite in the Day Care and again had an easy time hatching a perfect Dratini. I looked through my PC after and remembered that I'd received an Extremespeed Dratini over Wonder Trade a while ago. My ORAS Dragonite doesn't have Extremespeed, but I thought it would be nice to have an ES Dragonite on Sun/Moon, so I decided to breed the Wonder Trade Dratini. It took a while, but I eventually hatchd another perfect Dratini with Extremespeed. I'm going to raise both Dratini I bred with different movesets and then transfer both to Sun in the future.

After that, I went through my PC again. I found a few Pokemon that I'd like to send to Sun when Poke Bank is available for Gen 7, plus identified some Pokemon I want to breed before transferring. I'll continue breeding next time and might release some Pokemon, too, since my PC's too crowded IMO.

I renewed my Poké Bank sub last week, and transferred all my polkumz from OR and AS to bank. I then deleted my save files and started new ones, naming my characters and picking starters. I saved immediately afterward, and shut off the games, possibly for good. TBH, I'm not excited about replaying them. There are some parts of the game I don't particularly like, and having to suffer thru those parts again would just be a drag. So unless I decide to do DexNav shiny-hunting, or something, I'll likely never replay them again.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- So now that Zinnia had lost to me at Granite Cave, I got the Meteorite Shard that I had been asked to retrieve by Mr Stone. Steven then called and asked me to go to Mossdeep.
- I flew to Mossdeep city and did some quick shopping, then I visited Mossdeep's Space Center and gave the Meteorite Shard to professor Cozmo, who explained the Link Cable plan. :]
- Zinnia then came and she didn't approve of Cozmo's plan to transport the asteroid far away. I was asked to find a second Meteorite Shard now at Meteor Falls, so I headed over there.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Spent quite a lot of time on OR tonight. This time, I bred my Aegislash, Salamence, and Alakazam, hatching a perfect offspring in under 5 eggs each time. Then, I decided to raise the Dragon Pokemon I've bred recently (so Bagon, Gible, 2 Dratini) to get them out of the way so that I won't have to train like 12 Pokemon at once. I was able to spread the Pokerus to all of them quickly, then EV trained them in Horde Battles. Then, I went to some of my Blissey bases and levelled them up until they were all fully evolved and level 64-70 or something like that. I gave them all the final movesets I wanted, so now I just have to wait until I can transfer them to Sun.

After that, I hatched some Pokemon in special Poke Balls, mostly Apricorn ones, but I also bred my Dream Ball Munna. I'm going to send all of those Pokemon to Sun one day, too.
Also, I got the event Arceus and then spent some time organizing and de-cluttering my PC. I released a few Pokemon I didn't need and grouped most of my event Pokemon and Apricorn/other special ball Pokemon together. Might release some more Pokemon later.

Next time, I'll probably breed for a few more Pokemon to EV train, then hatch some more Apricorn Pokemon if I transfer some from HG before then.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- So as I had been advised by professor Cozmo, I went to Meteor Falls, climbed a waterfall and saw Steven speaking with an old woman who was a descendant of the Draconid clan.
- The elder explained Rayquaza's role in stopping past asteroids by mega evolving and she revealed how Zinnia was the current lorekeeper and how she was collecting the key stones.
- Steven returned to Rustboro after that briefing and I followed him and visited the Devon Corp, but Team Aqua grunts had shown up to steal the Link Cable and I had to battle them.