1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Endless, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Raxacoricofallapatorius

Raxacoricofallapatorius Exalted Meme Junkie

Beat the League a second time using a new team. I'm not sure what I'll do next in the game. For now, though, I think I've earned a break from it.

2. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Well-Known Member Staff Member

Yesterday, I visited the Battle Maison for a while. I needed to earn some BP because I'll need to tutor some moves onto my planned Omega Ruby team. So, I cleared the regular Single Battle mode all the way through and earned enough BP.

Today, I did some more Secret Base training until my Glalie reached level 100. Then, I focused on catching some more legendaries. I soared to the Fabled Cave area and encountered Zekrom there. After that, I went to my PC and added Castform to my team. I soared around some more and found and caught Thundurus. Finally, I returned to the Sky Pillar and climbed to the top to encounter Deoxys again and I caught it this time. All three of these legends were pretty easy for me to catch fortunately.

Now, I'm pretty much done with my Alpha Sapphire file for the moment. I will start my Omega Ruby soon and make that my main version of this game.

3. Morty05

Morty05 Ghost-type trainer

WAH just caught Uxie in a critical capture... Never happened with a legendary before.

4. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

I forgot how challenging May's route 110 fight is... Lombre knocked out Slugma after a couple of Bubbles, but Grovyle defeated Poochyena and Taillow before Beldum (barely) managed to knock it out. I hate how Steel doesn't resist Dark and Ghost any more. Wailmer managed powered up it's Rollouts against Shroomish and defeated it and Lombre but Marshtomp finally took it down with Tackle.

After that I continued up route 110 and made it to Mauville, and explored the city for a while. They really went overboard with its revamp haha. Once I finished up there I went out to route 117 and captured a couple of Pokemon, including a Roselia which I added to my team. While training for the gym battle I went back to Granite Cave and captured a Sableye and to route 102 where I captured a Ralts, which I left in the day care.

Wattson's gym was pretty difficult. I only brought Mightyena, Beldum and Roselia with me because I prefer a challenge and didn't want to just use Marshtomp for a sweep. Volt Switch was annoying as hell, but Mightyena took down Magnemite before losing to Magneton, and Roselia defeated Voltorb with Beldum's help. After a long battle with like ten Mega Drains, Roselia knocked out Magneton and I got the badge. Beldum finally evolved after the battle too.

I took the rest of my team out of the box and went to clear the rocks in the tunnel before heading up route 111. I skipped over the trainers until I got to Fiery Path, where I captured a Torkoal (who was a total pain, Fire Spin meant I couldn't switch any Pokemon and it kept using Smokescreen to make my attacks miss). After capturing him, I went back to Mauville to heal my Pokemon and swap it on to my team.

[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/259.png[/img139] lv22
    [img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/375.png[/img139] lv20
    [img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/315.png[/img139] lv21
    [img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/262.png[/img139] lv19
    [img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/309.png[/img139] lv19
    [img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/324.png[/img139] lv15

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  5. dragon1

dragon1 Well-Known Member

I've been SRing for a good Latias since yesterday, and finally got a good one. It happened in fairly few SRs, which is nice. HP Grass (Oh well, I never use HP on Latias anyway), timid and 27,28,29/ x/ 30,31/30,31/30/31. Max speed, which is the important thing, and the rest are at least 27, which is great.

I'd gone as quickly as possible to Fortree city to get the HP checked out to check if I had max speed, so now I'm back to the previous route battling everyone, and finishing the dexnav on this route. Afterwards, I think I'll beat the gym leader to be able to learn fly, and then go back and complete all the routes that I haven't got a gold crown on the dex nav.

6. Pyrax

Pyrax The Ghost of Tsushima

After beating Archie (dat background) in a fairly easy battle (only M-Sharpedo gave me trouble), I witnessed Kyogre's awakening. I then flew to Sootopolis, met up with Steven and Wallace, then headed for the Cave of Origin, where I encountered Archie, Shelly and Maxie. Primal Kyogre itself took 3 tries: 1st attempt, my team was KO'd; 2nd attempt, I KO'd Kyogre. The pre-battle cutscene was amazing, so no complaints here, the last attempt only took me around 6 or 7 Net Balls.
    Once everything was settled, I healed up and challenged Sootopolis Gym. Wallace himself wasn't much of a hassle - all I really had to do was watch Gallade and Manectric's health.
    Rain Badge in hand, I headed for Ever Grande City after some backtracking. Temporarily gave Gallade and Metagross HMs for exploring Victory Road (will delete these shortly afterwards). The dungeon itself wasn't difficult, although some aspects that weren't in the originals caught my off-guard.
    Encountered Wally at the end; I have to say, I love the background and music in this battle. In any case, he wasn't too much of a challenge either - apart from my own Altaria and Gallade, I used two other mons once. Felt it was fitting to send out M-Swampert against his M-Gallade.

Currently collecting Secret Base flags whilst level grinding for the Elite Four thanks to Gabby & Ty. I'm aiming for lv.52.

Current Team:
    • Swampert lv.49
    • Gallade lv.48
    • Manectric lv.48
    • Altaria lv.48
    • Metagross lv.48
    • Ninetales lv.49

7. Krishnath

Krishnath Dragon Lord

Just did a lot of wonder trading, besides the proverbial ton of easy to get pokemon such as wurmples, zigzagoons, and poochyenas (which promptly got traded away again), I did end up with a pretty good haul: Gible, Feebas (no need to waste time fishing for it), A friggin Porygon!, Scyther, Gengar, Pancham, Gourgeist, Zorua, Skrelp, a pair of Bunneary (for breeding a shiny), an Eevee, and a Larvesta. Good stuff for someone who hasn't beaten the sixth gym yet. It took over an hour of wonder trading though, but on the plus side, it provides a lot of poke miles. :)

8. Paladin of Arceus

Paladin of Arceus Grey Warden

I've been grinding secret base flags lately, and made it to Bronze rank. I've also been training my retired Flygon on trainer rematches, catching Pokémon like Absol and Bagon so I can DexNav for them more easily, and exploring everywhere I hadn't visited yet. I found a dive spot on Rte. 107 that was a total surprise, pretty sure that wasn't in the originals. There was nothing of interest in it besides some scuba diver trainers, tho, unless I'm missing a bunch of hidden items there. I mean, they're a royal pain to find without the use of the Dowsing Machine, so you can never tell what's hiding where when you're diving underwater. So annoying...

9. Schade

Schade No gain, just pain.

Today started off as any other day, with me goofing around in the Battle Resort. Afetr battling a few secret base-trainers, I managed to level up my main team + some more to level 100. It wasn't before after that I started to wonder what to do with my life.. To stall my own thoughts, I took on the E4 again, with my team holding Amulet Coin and Luck Inscences, so I could harvest some of that sweet $$$. After that, I went on a litle adventure to find more mega stones. I managed to find Houndoominite, Pinsirite and Pidgeotite, and then I stopped, saved and turned the game off.

Later today, I took the 3DS up again, and looked through my Pc to find something to train, I decided to bring out Groudon, Chikorita, Turtwig and Tepig in order to train the a little bit. Starting off with Groudon, I spent what seemed lie forever with the Super Training to boost its EV's. God, I hate EV-training. Then, I took on some of the trainers on the Battle resort, and boy, Primal Groudon is pretty darn strong

10. Ice Lock

Ice Lock Hello!

I caught up with Team Aqua once again and had my final battle with Archie (Also agreed with that amazing battle background! That needs to be on wifi). Even though I had won the match, Archie decided to go ahead and awaken Kyorge anyway. Kyorge emerged from the ocean and summoned the heavy rain, Hoenn and the whole world is in danger of being flooded! (awesome remix for the flood theme) There is only one way to stop this crisis, I'll have to go into the cave of origin and encounter Kyorge and calm him with the red orb. Shelly gave me the aqua suit she designed with devon for when Kyorge emerges but has given it to me for when I meet up with Kyorge.

I entered the cave of orgin and descended down the stairs as fast as possible and Kyorge was close to reverting to it's primal state as it was roaring and the rain was getting stronger and stronger. At the bottom of the cave is Kyorge's chamber, here I put on the Aqua suit and wore the red orb which brought Kyorge to the surface and then I jumped and rode it to get to the deepest chamber. Here we are, face to face Kyorge gave a mighty roar and reverted back to it's primal state and it is now at full power. This will not be easy, one of the toughest legendary battle has begun!

And super good news today, I managed to get the Eon Ticket! I'll make sure to spread it in this rural area where I live and deliver it to the GAME store tomorrow since they don't have it yet.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  11. TheDragonKing

TheDragonKing King of dragons

It's been a while since I've posted here, so this is gonna be a long one.

After wandering around Shoal Cave for a bit a headed to Mossdeep City and explored for a bit before challenging Tate and Liza (the Space Center is so cool now). I was a little disappointed with Tate and Liza's team, with only Solrock and Lunatone it was pretty easy compared to their Emerald team. Well, I would be saying that if they didn't defeat two out of my six Pokémon. :/

Immediately afterwards there was an earthquake and Steven told me that Team Aqua had broken the seal on Seafloor Cavern. I went out and explored the underwater for a bit and accidently came across Sootopolis. I went diving again and accidently came across the Seafloor Cavern, and decided to go in and end it.

After slaying the Aqua grunts I found Archie and Maxie finally and destroyed Mega Sharpedo with one Leaf Blade from Mega Sceptile. Regardless of my curb stomp victory Archie awoke Kyogre and Hoenn was threatened by a torrential downpour. I prepared myself for the journey ahead and then went to Sootopolis (luckily I found it earlier so I could just Fly there). I received encouraging words from what seemed like every major character, and scaled the depths of the Cave of Origin.

At the bottom I came across Primal Kyogre, and the battle began. Its Origin Pulse managed to OHKO most of my team, and took three tries before I came up with a half-decent strategy: use Will-O-Wisp to burn it (Aqua Ring would negate the extra damage) and try whatever Pokéball seemed to work. On the fourth try Poe (Dusknoir) managed to burn Kyogre but fainted to Origin Pulse. Geico's (Sceptile) mega powered Leaf Blade brought its HP to a dangerously low level, so it was now or never. I threw a Dive Ball, thinking "Kyogre lives underwater" and caught it right away!

Then, after a much more satisfying end to the narrative than in the originals, I challenged Wallace (which was easy) and headed out for Ever Grande City. Before entering Victory Road I decided to try out the Soaring and oh my Arceus! The soaring is so much more enjoyable than regular Fly, so much that my first destination was Lilycove to relieve Henry (Pelipper) of his HM. After a bit of training I'm now ready for the Pokemon League!

12. DarkerShining

DarkerShining Well-Known Member

Alpha Sapphire: Explored the desert on Route 111 and claimed the Root Fossil. After training my Pokémon some more, I finally decided it was time to challenge the fifth gym. Fought against Norman and managed to win the Balance Badge. After our battle, I got the HM03 and met up with Wally, who brought me to Mauville City. I stopped by the Pokémon Center to pick up a new O-Power, the Prize Money Power, from the Bard. Then I taught my Linoone how to use Surf, and now I'm heading back to some previous locations in order to pick up some items that are now available to me.

Current team:

Marshtomp, level 34.
    Hariyama, level 31.
    Braixen, level 30.
    Linoone, level 30.
    Metang, level 29.
    Mightyena, level 27.

13. Gabry00023

Gabry00023 Well-Known Member

Oh god. I just bought Alpha Sapphire and I must admit: DexNav is the most addictive feature ever!

14. Reimius

Reimius Active Member

Today I went into Route 111 and defeated Winstrate family. I also won Hyper Rank Cooling contest using clothed Pikachu. What else... oh I also met Aqua Admin Shelly and defeated her with May. Next I'm gonna go to Mt. Chimney.

My team:

Blaziken lvl 38
    Metang lvl 38
    Roselia lvl 36

15. Lorde

Lorde Banned

After Professor Birch upgraded my Pokedex into the National Pokedex, I flew back to Sootopolis City after taking care of some stuff in Verdanturf Town. I dove underwater and battled a few more trainers for experience at Route 126. I returned to Route 128 afterwards and after beating a Tuber and Triathlete in the water as I headed further east, I finally arrived at the waterfall that led to Ever Grande City. I had Wailmer use Waterfall and I healed my team at Ever Grande's Pokemon Center. Afterwards, I headed towards Victory Road since I figured that I may as well go through that already. I Surfed on a lake upon arrival and I used Strength to push a large boulder and I battled against a male Ace Trainer after that.

16. Nibbles4Ever

Nibbles4Ever 1 more day ^^

I finally caught all of the exclusive dex nav pokemon. I also caught every wild pokemon in Hoenn except seadra which I don't care about =D After that I got the energy ball and solar beam tms in the safari zone. I taught energy ball to Poppy naturally. After that I bought some more quick and ultra balls. Finally I caught heatran and lugia. They were both un characteriscally easy to catch...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  17. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Well-Known Member

This weekend I worked really hard on my living dex. Getting close to finishing now; I'm up to 624. Gotta do some research for school now though.

18. Paladin of Arceus

Paladin of Arceus Grey Warden

So I challenged the E4 again, this time leading with my Flygon in order to feed him some valuable EXP. Sidney gave me a lot of trouble, slowing me down and burning through my O-Power. After that, Glacia's team kept getting OHKOs with Blizzard, forcing me to spam Revival Herbs. Finally, I managed to clear the E4 once again, although my Flygon still wasn't Lv.100, so I ran from Littleroot to Mauville grinding Trainer's Eyes rematches before flying to my Secret Base and battling my Secret Pals for the last push to Lv.100. Now, I'm training my Dewott and Chimchar that I received from Birch, while trying to grow some berries on Rte. 110.

19. Disaster_Lord

Disaster_Lord Sad Bayleef is Sad.

Since we have no battle video sharing thread, this is what just happened... man prediction left and right as I nearly got swept but this guy forgot to roost on my initiative as I strive to pull off a 3V5...My second most intense ORAS battle since I forgot to record the other one.

We need a battle video sharing thread to be honest.

20. shinymilotic312

shinymilotic312 New Member

Shortly after catching primal kyogre and going through the cut scene, I decided to try out soaring in the sky. I ended up finding nameless cavern first and decided to go for it since I had just restocked on ultra balls. I go in to find that mesprit was up first (pretty convenient since it was my favorite out of the three in diamond) I save in front of the portal and go into battle. I ended up defeating it in one hit the first try. Slightly frustrated, I restart and go for it again. And much to my surprise out pops a shiny! After a few minutes of shameless freaking out over my very first shiny legendary I get it's health low and end up catching it in a premier ball. And it only took a few throws :)