• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I finally started my Omega Ruby. I selected the boy character this time and watched as I rode in a truck to Littleroot Town. Once I arrived there, I looked around my house before leaving to explore the rest of the town. I visited Prof. Birch's lab and then met May at her house. After that, I went to Route 101 where I had to save Birch using one of his Pokemon. I chose Mudkip since it was my starter on the original Ruby.

Then, Birch and I returned to the lab for a bit. After talking to him for a while, I left for Oldale Town. I continued heading north shortly after and encountered May again. We had a battle and I defeated her Treecko with my Mudkip easily. The two of us then returned to Littleroot where I received the Pokedex from Prof. Birch. I returned to Oldale Town and saved, then transferred over nearly two boxes full of Pokemon from Bank.

Eventually, I reached Petalburgh City. I met up with Norman and Wally at the Gym and then helped Wally go catch a Ralts. After that, I traded over a Ralts egg from my Y version. I hatched it and then traded it back in exchange for a Pokemon holding a Prism Scale. Later on, I traded over another egg that hatched into a Feebas. I traded it back to Y with the Prism Scale so that it evolved. Currently, I am breeding for the rest of my OR on Y and will continue to trade over the eggs and hatch them on OR so that they all have my OT/ID number.

I caught all of the lake trio and then caught Dialga soon after. I also took one of my tynamo out of the PC and evolved it into an eelektrik. Then I finally decided to take on Wallace.

After curb-stomping Wallace, I finally evolved my wailmer and went to route 134 to wake up the Regis. Then I caught Registeel.
Afterwards, I was bored. So I decided to go to route 119 chain fish feebas. After twenty minutes I found a shiny male feebas and caught it. However, I wanted a female, so about eighty or so more feebas later I caught a shiny female as well. Then I evolved it. Now the shiny milotic (nicknamed Eirin) has replaced the normal milotic on my team. Now I just need to level her up a bit.

I also put my Heatran on the GTS, asking for Palkia. (So I can catch Giratina.)

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
In roxanne's gym. My numel, Pompeii, is 18. Have a good feeling about it.

Maxed out his super training.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After slaying an Ace Trainer and his Sigilyph and Rhyperior with Manectric and Shiftry, I continued walking throughout Victory Road and I battled several wild Pokemon as I made my way around. I crossed a bridge after finding a Max Repel and beat a female Ace Trainer's Froslass with Blaziken's Flamethrower. I climbed down some stairs next and sashayed around in the dark in the next floor of Victory Road and pushed a plethora of boulders. I beat an Expert and her Fighting Pokemon afterwards and battled another Ace Trainer when I climbed up more stairs. As I approached a lake, I spotted an Ace Duo and battled against their Cradily and Armaldo. Afterwards, I caught a wild Lairon and Loudred and saved my game.

SajiNoKami

Faint Strategist
-Pick up the eon ticket from a local comic/games store
-Went after Latios, after 4 tries, caught him in a premier ball
-Mossdeep gym, Sea Mauville
-Went after Kyogre, after the 3rd long fight to the point he was using struggle [fricken origin pulse], got him in a net ball
-Eon flute, started catching out of area pokemon
-Encounter first outside region legendary: Cobalion
-Came to the horrid realization "all these legendaries, are going to be a ***** to catch.."
-Still trying to catch him in something other than a Materball

...so random, it either takes almost my whole supply or 3 pokeballs to catch a legendary...

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Defeated the elite four! All thanks to these guys:
Swampert
Breloom
Metagross
Salamence
Ninetales
Electivire

Gonna take a break from playing. And then it's off to doing the Delta Episode!

Recently obtained a Ralts of every single nature that I can use for legendary encounters. I plan to SR for a Shiny adamant Virizion. The bad thing is that they don't work very well with DexNav chaining since they're mostly level 1 and prevent the repel from working even if they're fainted.

Edit: with Synchronize, obviously.

Last edited:

Flamer

Started Alpha Sapphire on Friday. Its my first Pokemon game since White, and the first on my new 3DS. Really liking the 3D world. Its very beautiful and adds a whole new level of immersion to the game. Zigzagoon has never looked so cute

Got Mudkip as my starter, as planned. Its always been my favorite of the Hoenn starters, and now has the best Mega evolution, so was a bit of a no brainier. Caught a Poocheyna with Fire-fang during the tutorial about sneaking up on wild Pokemon. Been very useful having a fire type move available early on having not chosen Torchic. Downloaded the shiny Beldum from the Mystery Gift. Its slightly over powered at the moment, especially with the boosted exp, but its great having the extra diversity, and shiny Beldum's very pretty. Speaking of exp, the new Exp Share key item has been a revelation. So much easier to keep the team balanced.

The rest of the team's shaping up as planned. Caught Lotad and Zigzagoon early on. Lotad's now evolved, as have Mudkip, Poocheyna and Beldum. I've also caught a Electrike. Not sure if I'm going to keep it as part of the team yet, but having some Electric type support is fairly handy, especially in Hoenn so she might stick around for a bit.

Gym wise I've beaten Roxanne and Brawly. Both were fairly straight forward, with Mudkip and Lotad making short work of Roxanne's Pokemon and Beldum's Zen Headbutt taking out Brawly's. Now in Mauville and liking the new look. One of my main criticisms of the Hoenn region was the lack of grandeur in the cities, but this new look Mauville has definitely addressed that, even if it is more of a over sized shopping mall than a actual city.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
I defeated Steven just after midnight last saturday. I immefiately continued my playthrough with the Delta episode. Great stuff, hopefully there will be some new episodes in future DLC. I collected some more Mega Stones including Blazikenite and Swampertite on route 114, got both bikes, trained my Pokémon up to lv.70 and beyond, defeated Nita of the Battle Maison in Single Battles and relocated my Secret base to Jagged Pass. Perhaps i'll upload a QR code soon. Maybe i will give those new contests a shot. But one thing's certain: i will complete the National pokédex. Transporting all the Pokémon from Y to Omega will make this easier. My team is like this atm:

*Sceptile lv.70
Blaziken lv.70
Swampert lv.70
*Metagross lv.70
Latios lv.70
Salamence lv.67 or Primal Groudon lv.71

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
This morning I completed the regular triples at the Battle Maison. I destroyed her in 3 turns. Greninja, Sceptile, and Manectric were my lead Pokemon. I'm pretty satisfied with the team I came up with.

Legendary Dreams

Finally decided to proceed on to Route 118. Nearly decided to backtrack again when I got the Good Rod from the Fisherman, but decided to do the Latios Storyline first.

Took over 10 SRs to get a Latios with 31 IVs in Special Attack and Speed. I brought along Modest (of my 25 Ralts-Family Synchronize Team), so its nature was never an issue. But those cutscenes... about the only consolation from them was I got to see Courtney over and over again I guess.

Then decided since I already got a Eon Ticket, might as well go find Latias. Took me less than 5 tries to get one with 31 IVs in Special Attack and Speed, unlike Latios. I brought along Modest, Mawile with False Swipe and 3 Sleepers (2 Gloom and a Skitty), so catching Latias wasn't too tedious a process.

With the Good Rod, DexNav hunting is back in full swing, wonder when I can really get past Route 118...

Last edited:

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I defeated team aqua members including archie. I then quickly made my way to lavaridge town. Since my vaporeon knows surf this was probably the easiest gym leader battle I have had in a long time. Vaporeon fainted everything with one hit. When I left the gym I encountered May and then arrived back in petalburg.

Catching a Deino in metero falls was annoying.

1. Using the dex nav in caves is annoying when the pokemon keeps moving around

2. The best place in metero falls (aka the one with the most space) to catch a lvl 40 Deino has that lame battle girl walking everywhere. She keeps making them run away T.T

I settled (after a few hours) and kept a modest one with perfect IVs in SP ATT & SP DEF, high IVs in SPD, low IVs in HP & ATT

Ice Lock

Hello!
Primal Kyorge is one tough cookie, even with a party of level 70's he was not going to take being captured so easily. My party was getting destroyed, but after this struggle it was worth the effort. Caught in a nest ball and had reasonable IVs to work with.

That whole cutscene was so heartwarming, I cried watching it. It was really nice to see the change of attitude with Archie and his team members, I'm seriously looking forward to battle along side with Archie at the battle maison now.

After that, I am now taking a bit of a break and enjoying soaring in the sky. I've checked out a few mirage spots without legendary pokemon to help fill up my dex while I can. I'm moving on to finishing off my dex nav gold crowns all around hoenn and then it'll be time to challenge Wallace

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I have now started working on my ORAS Maison Super Triples team. Got my Greninja and Meowstic-M fully bred, EVd, levelled and have given them their required moves and items. Afterwards I tried using them in the Battle Maison but, while they did their jobs well, I don't have any other Pokemon that can do the jobs my old XY Triples teams did, so I lost relatively quickly. I'll be returning to XY later to catch a HA Gligar in a matching PokeBall (undecided on which but I'm leaning towards a Great Ball) and a Honedge in an Ultra Ball. I will also transfer over the Safari Ball Kangaskhan I have on my Japanese HeartGold ATM so I can get one of those as well. All that will be missing is a Dream Ball HA Sableye.

I've also been going around collecting Flags from Secret Bases for the Garchompite. Only have 130 or so, so I still have a long way to go. Crescent Isle also appeared today but I'm not sure if I want to go for Cresselia yet as I want to SR for a shiny but lack the Shiny Charm (wish Deoxys wasn't required as I want a shiny one of those too, unless it isn't possible). Managed to find some of the Mirage Island TMs as well but none of them were the Poison Jab TM, the one I really want to find. Guess I'll have to wait till later.

EDIT: Just got StreetPassed the Eon Ticket :)

Last edited:

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Have I mentioned how much I love Wonder Trade? Because it is awesome. Today's haul include a second Ditto (sadly English language, but still useful), a second Charmander (for trade if anyone is interested, it knows Dragon Dance and Outrage), a Froakie, and a Torchic (currently leveled up to a Blaziken, as my team needed a fire type, and with fighting it gives good coverage), and a Chimchar.

I've also beaten the sixth gym, and visited both the Safari Zone and Lilycove. I should probably advance the story, but I am currently running around leveling my team and earning money. Need to have a lot of balls ready for the inevitable Kyogre fight. I should probably also get a pokemon that can inflict a status effect on my team. I am leaning towards the Cosplay Pickachu as I picked up a light ball, and it knows/learns thunder wave. But we shall see...

Miyue

I finally caught a Ralts on Route 102 after two hours of random encounters. Talk about bad luck! Along the way, the DexNav helped me find quite a few Pokémon with multiple max IVs and a few with hidden abilities. I decided to pass them out on Wonder Trade and got myself my very first Honedge and Goomy! I haven't made my way through X or Y yet, so it was awesome getting a couple of Pokémon I've never even heard of before. I just hope that whoever got my Pokémon didn't assume they were "junk" because of their low levels.

After making my way through Petalburg Woods, a little bit of Routes 115 and 116, as well as Rusturf Tunnel, I started grinding my team for that last level or two before I face Roxanne. I'm currently using Torchic, Wingull, Poochyena, and Skitty. I've actually never used Poochyena ever, even when going through Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. The DexNav got me one with Ice Fang, and I've been loving it!

Schade

Metallic Wonder
With that shiny glimpse in my eyes, I pulled out that Super Rod, and started reeling in like crazy! It took quite a while, but eventually, I managed to meet a beautiful, purple Feebas. Since Shiftry knew False Swipe, catching it was easy peasy. It had a Timid nature, so that's something.. I guess? It's annoying to chain fish though. It only took 28 tries before it appeared. Heh.. "Only". Well, chain fishing ain't for me, but now that I have what I wanted, I don't need to do it anytime soon.

Now, the adventure goes on to create Rainbow-colored Pokeblocks, because why not? I save so many berries from using the rainbow ones, yay!
Other than all this, nothing big has really happened. Just excited by my newly caught Feebas, whom I nicknamed Patroklos. (He's male)

computertrash

knight of time
my mirage spot on saturday had a razor fang so i was happy about that. now i can finally breed a gliscor for maison.
i also changed my base and i think its p good. im such a jerk, using the toy PC and a square one trick mat.

i really want to streetpass more people so i can spread the eon ticket but theres like only 1 guy at my school with ORAS.

SchwaWarrior

Coffee is Love ♪
I just spent the last eight hours breeding Eevees. Eight.

It paid off. I'm now the proud Trainer of a Sylveon with IVs of 31/31/30/31/31/31, Calm-natured (SpDef+ Atk-) and with Pixilate.

Destiny Knot is so OP, you don't even know o_o

Anyway I now have two Pokemon that I'll be proudly standing with in WiFi! Four to go... but I wonder what to use? After over 10 years it STILL sucks that you can only choose six! :(

EDIT: Kinda related to Pokemon, but I also (finally) set up my AS-version with GameSync and in addition to that I updated my post in Secret Base QR Exchange Thread with a new code and a better-established base.

Last edited: